Community > Posts By > TexasScoundrel

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 04:58 PM

Thanks, what is 42?

I see you're not a Douglas Adams fan.

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything according to the second greatest computer ever built, Deep Thought.

Since computers are stupid I will stick to the rats of N.I.M.H. answer of 22.

Actually, Deep Thought was built by mice, which are super intelligent pan dimensional beings. The part we think of when we think of mice is just the part that extends into our 3D space.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 04:19 PM

Thanks, what is 42?

I see you're not a Douglas Adams fan.

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything according to the second greatest computer ever built, Deep Thought.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 02:04 PM
Life has no reason. But, an individual can choose to bring meaning to his/her life by doing great things for humanity as a whole.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 01:58 PM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Wed 02/06/13 02:00 PM
Survival is the prime directive.

The need to find a suitable mate and pass on one's genes is the secondary directive.

Now, I want to clarify the above statement a little. I have no desire to father any more children. However, my body still drives me to seek out suitable women and have sex with them. No matter how much I want to avoid fatherhood again, I cannot shut off my desires for sex because they come from a much older part of my brain than my conscious thoughts come from. I cannot avoid feeling lust, but I can choose how I handle feeling it.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 01:00 PM

Surely there are two feelings on first date sex.
Firstly some people both men and women are thrilled by casual sex.
Secondly there is the loving relationship where sex is stupendous.

Who said sex on a first is casual?

And, what's so "stupendous" about sex in a loving relationship?

It's been my experience that th longer two people are together, the less frequent sex becomes and the more tedious. But, when it's new, with a new person... It just doesn't get any better than that.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 01:00 AM
More than anything else, men want the woman they're with to be happy. If she's happy, she won't nag and complain. If she's happy, she'll have sex with us. If she's happy, she won't vacuum during the super bowl. If she's happy, we're happy.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 12:49 AM

Respect, kindness,Not to look at them or treat them like a piece of meat.

That's what women keep saying. But, I have found that disrespect, unkindness and treating her exactly like a piece of meat will keep her coming back for more.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Wed 02/06/13 12:22 AM

is it okay? do you like that?

Yes, I like it. In fact, if a woman doesn't have sex with me on our first date, I don't ask her out again. I've only been on a couple of first dates that didn't end with sex. So, from my point of view, it's the normal thing.

Women keep talking about "respecting themselves." I don't understand how enjoying a pleasurable experience with another adult is disrespectful to one's self. In fact, it seems to me that denying one's self that pleasure would be more disrespectful.

There was a time when waiting made sense. She could become pregnant and be left to raise a child without a man in a world where she couldn't make a decent living. But, times have changed. Birth control has given women the power to choose when and with whom they'll have a child with.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Tue 02/05/13 11:57 PM
You've just had sex with a new lover for the first time. It's now the morning after and he/she has gone out to buy breakfast for you both. While they're gone, do you look through his/her personal belongings? Closets, draws, etc?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Tue 02/05/13 11:48 PM
I don't think I've ever been troubled with jealously. I don't own anyone. I've also always seen all relationships as temporary (even if the best thing happens, one of you will die). I enjoy a woman's company while it lasts and remember her fondly after she's gone. If she wants to leave me, I cannot stop her. If she'd prefer the company of someone else to me, please, go, be happy. We have only one life.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 02/04/13 01:35 AM
Many women are like monkeys. They never let go of a branch until they have a firm grip on the next.

Or maybe she was lying about having a boyfriend in the first place. Some women do this to fend off men.

Or maybe she's just looking for something extra on the side.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 02/04/13 12:47 AM
I'm also interested in how the world works, evolution etc. But, I'm very curious about how people work. Why would someone follow a cult leader to the point of killing their children? There are people that are truely upset by the idea that life has no meaning or that there's no free will or that nothing is real or matters. I wonder, why?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 04:54 PM
Saying "I love you" is IMHO always wrong. Once those words are uttered aloud the demands are soon to follow.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 04:38 PM
Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I think that the chances of finding out what's actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it," and keep yourself busy. I'd much rather be happy than right any day.

Slartibartfast

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 04:02 PM

There could be simulated heavens and hells. I think our "souls" are the users. Our bodies are the avatars inside of the game.

LOL I think it's more likely that most of us are NPCs (non player characters).

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 03:20 PM
Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious.

Oscar Wilde

I don't understand pride in ones country. Am I supposed to believe this is the best place on Earth simply because this is where I fell from the womb?

I say let the young ones grow up and decide for themselves if they want to pledge or not.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 02:58 PM
I agree. I've never looked at a lover's cell phone. In fact, I don't even want to touch it. But, I feel the same way about all her personal things. I'd never look inside her purse either.

I'd also be deeply offended if a lover went through my cell phone or wallet.

If you don't trust them, why are you with them?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 02:52 PM
I can forgive anything once and move on unaffected. If it happens again, I will assign tasks that must be completed before I'll forgive a second time. In other words, she must make amends. If those tasks are not completed in a reasonable amount of time I assume that earning my forgiveness isn't a high priority for her and therefore I'm not a high priority for her and I leave.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 02:34 PM
I don't think lack of communication is the real problem. As long as both people are happy, communication is easy. It's only when problems arise that communication becomes an issue. You start to disagree and argue. If you can't come to an arrangement, you just stop talking about it. So, a lack of communication isn't the problem, but only a symptom.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Sun 02/03/13 01:40 PM

When you break up with someone is it for the best to just make a clean break and have no more contact with each other so that you can move on or should you keep in touch as friends?

Do you mean I become some kind of emotional tampon she uses a few days a month, but we never have sex? No thank you. However, there's no reason not be be friendly (civil) to one another.