Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 05:33 PM

What am I missing? Is this not what you are asking?

Nope not what I'm asking at all (I think you probably know that but...). What I asked was what you would think of someone who asked you to do something but let you know he refused to do it himself.

Oh ok well first of all I don't understand why anyone would ask someone to do something they would not do. I wouldn't do it is my answer.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 05:28 PM

i watch BBC they're more reliable than all the american media outlets :D

I agree. THey can be more objective about america than america news outlets who are owned by american and political interests.

Ah yes BBC I forgot about them, I used to enjoy reading articles on their site, I'll have to check them out again. Thanks for the reminder.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 02:53 PM

Ok, I'm trying to stay neutral in this issue, but I have also heard that Keith Olbermann has a problem with his bladder control and pees his pants on the set, when he gets too excited? scared

True or false?

Doesn't matter to me. It's not something I would make fun of even of people I don't care for.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 02:51 PM
Edited by boo2u on Tue 10/13/09 02:54 PM
Oh for heaven sakes.

I'm a liberal so of course I like the liberal bias, surprise surprise. Just like some of you like the bias of fox. Why do we keep pretending there is no bias when it's a obvious as the nose on one's face. I watch fox and MSNBC and all the rest, though I prefer the cspan network more often than all of them.

Considering how divided we are as a people, it's hardly surprising our news and our government reflect it. Actually I think it can be a good thing, if there can be compremise. Oh ya, I'm dreaming now...

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 02:25 PM
No offense NeptuneWoman, the snl skits that I saw, though I didn't see them all, were amusing but not racist, and I like the guy.

But this particular forum isn't all that Obama friendly. So you will see lots of threads like this. Need a strong stomach for some of them, though this one is tame compared. winking

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 09:22 AM
I personally think it's a good idea.

How does one put food waste in with recyclables? That's unconscious. I saved food wastes in a bag in the freezer and do not put it out until garbage day. Food waste that could be used in the garden I put in a compost bin. I think it must be disgusting enough for the guys that collect the garbage to have to smell that so I try not to subject them to it.

I also stopped buying things with excessive packaging, so as to lower the amount of recyclables that needed to be put out. That way I never had bins so full they would fly about.

Recycling is not hard to do, just takes a bit of rethinking. I now do not have recycling where I moved to and miss it frankly. I can't imagine what the landfills are like here where people don't much care what happens once it is out of sight. Yet I still recycle by bring glass, plastic and paper to the local center for recycling and garbage. I still compost though only use it on flowers and non garden areas.

Taxes go up for cost of living, I expect that even if I don't much care for it anymore than anyone else does. Ultimately it is our responsibility to do the right thing. The government can't do it all for us.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 08:34 AM
This is an easy one. Ridiculous.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 08:31 AM
Edited by boo2u on Tue 10/13/09 08:41 AM

Good, that means Obama gets to believe differently as well.

Yes he can. However as president I would hold him to a slightly higher standard than everyone else. As I pointed out it is within our countries "regulations" that everyone should do this if the flag is present. It would seem inappropriate for our president to refuse to follow this whether he has to or not.

I respect that fact that you believe that but who made up those rules? So if some group makes up rules, everyone must follow suite? Where is our freedom in that? I expect my president to be educated and to be reasonable, but I do not expect him to go against his own personal expression.

I still would like to know who made up all these rules and regulations? Curious.

So then we shouldn't follow any rules and regulations?

I think we should follow common sense rules and regulations that protect us, yes, but anal ritual like crossing your heart and reciting someone elses idea of whatever, no?

So we just pick and chose the ones we want to follow. And the ones we consider anal we just ignore. Gottcha

Aren't choices part of being an american? People keep saying we follow Obama like he is some sort of God. I voted for him, but he is not god, so therefore if he asks me to do something, that doesn't mean I should feel obligated to do it. I should have found a better word to use than anal. I didn't mean to disrespect your particular view of it. To me it's anal, that shouldn't mean that it is for you. So I appologize to you TJN for trivializing your view if you took it that way. I really was not intending that. I meant only that it is anal to me.

Yes I do have a problem with the pledge, and to say it is like asking me to walk on rusty nails. I'll say it if it's a threat to 'your' life and someone tells me I have to say it to save your life. But I'd rather die if someone forced me to say it to save my own, that is how I feel about it. flowerforyou

Davey, fidgeting is a sign of disrespect or immaturity? Fidgeting is the act of moving about restlessly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[1] Fidgeting may be a result of nervousness, agitation, boredom or a combination of these. It may be a result of genes. It is often an unconscious act. It may involve playing with one's fingers, hair, or items of clothing. A common act of fidgetry is to bounce one's leg repeatedly. Rings are another common focus of fidgeting; variations include ring spinning, twirling or rolling along a table, often leading to the loss of one's ring. Pen spinning is a highly advanced and skillful form of fidgeting. It is said by some that people fidget after a meal to burn off extra calories.[2] New research has shown people who fidget are generally slimmer and find it harder to put on weight.[3] Parents often consider fidgeting to be a bad habit, especially in schoolchildren.

Research by Dr. Karen Pine and colleagues at the University of Hertfordshire funded by The Economic and Social Research Council found that children that were allowed to fidget with their hands performed better in memory and learning tests.[4]

Fidgeting is moving away from its old stigma and is now considered among the most beneficial of the minor hand activities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In fact I often fidget and never thought about the connection to weight loss but I always maintained my weight easily until I got older. I find when I fidget I focus better as well. To assume his fidgeting is a sign of immaturity and or disrespect is unfair.

I am told I am a good listener, but I rarely sit still while listening. I will often ask if the person wants to go for a walk, I think and listen much better when I am moving. I am a very active person. Sitting at the computer is difficult for me so I will often move around a lot while sitting.

I love moving while thinking and learning new things. If that is fidgeting I hope I never stop. Though I can also focus while doing nothing at all, so it's not a constant thing for me either and I have watched Obama a lot when I was deciding if I could vote for him, I tend to watch people closely and found he is not always fidgeting but because i do tend to fidget now and again I saw nothing bad in what he was doing.

He too is a very active and engaged person, something I found as a plus in him as a president.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 07:18 PM

I never had to say the pledge of allegiance in order to be loyal to my country. I'm loyal to this country with or without having to say so.

Children are given an education and will more than likely be loyal to this country regardless. Just because you say the pledge doesn't make anyone any more loyal to this country than someone who does.

Benedict Arnold was loyal to this country before he betrayed us.

benedict arnold was never loyal to this country and would not in good faith said a pledge to it . this is a volentary country we don't have to support the rats that live amongst us .

back atcha:wink: what political name ends in rat? laugh

And what political name ends in can but didn't. Geezuz, a bit juvenille don't you think? Or just hung up?

Haha whateva! Who insulted who by calling some rats? Hmmmm, read some posts will ya. funny how you won't call on that person. way ta go.:thumbsup:

You just happen to be the one I noticed doing it. I might have missed the post where someone else was doing it, but it would have been just as childish.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 07:03 PM
It's pretty naive to think these things don't happen in our current system. I say leave it the way it is and let the insurers bleed everyone from their wallets as they have for years, and now say they will continue to do no matter what comes out of the white house, yupper pretty bold, but what's new.

What the hell, I might as well join the ranks of the 'I could care less about anyone but myself' crowd. But hell if you can find something wrong anywhere in the world you can compare it to something we have never even had yet. What the hell...

Personally I think the whole health care things is getting so bogged down by bs and insurer demands we'll end up with something barely resembling what Obama wanted anyway.

I don't give a rats a$$ anymore, it's just become a circus.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 06:00 PM

I never had to say the pledge of allegiance in order to be loyal to my country. I'm loyal to this country with or without having to say so.

Children are given an education and will more than likely be loyal to this country regardless. Just because you say the pledge doesn't make anyone any more loyal to this country than someone who does.

Benedict Arnold was loyal to this country before he betrayed us.

benedict arnold was never loyal to this country and would not in good faith said a pledge to it . this is a volentary country we don't have to support the rats that live amongst us .

back atcha:wink: what political name ends in rat? laugh

And what political name ends in can but didn't. Geezuz, a bit juvenille don't you think? Or just hung up?

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:56 PM

Ok, I'll say this one last piece. I don't know if Obama broke regulation by not saluting a flag, I couldn't tell if there was one or not. And honestly I'd think of more as a faux pas than actually being disrespectful. But watching the video his fidgeting was worthy of a 6yo. As a president I really would expect better... perhaps it was just that god awful rendition of the national anthem laugh

Fidgeting is a sign of what?

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:54 PM

I read it. All I can say is I have never been fond of ritual made up by people with a vested interest in programing other people. I dont' care what people do with the flag. Some guy somewhere has the flag all over his home, a throw for his couch, etc etc. Why the heck should I be bothered by that? Some one burns a flag, and that ruins me day or my life? Nope...

Nope and you shouldn't have to. But our government asks us to do those things, not required but we are asked to. Don't you think if our government asks us to do something that our president should be willing to do it? Otherwise it's a "do as I say and not as I do" sort of thing and that I have no respect for.

It's useless Davey!
I can't even get an answer to wether the comander in chief should follow the same protocal of the military on this subject. To ask anything more is worse than pulling teeth. And you wont get them to answer the question.

TJ, not everyone is going to think the way you do. You don't think the way I do and I am not at all frustrated by that. We just don't see things the same way. If we all thought exactly alike we might as well all be robots following ritual.

I'm still looking for proof that he broke regulation (I don't give a ratz butt about tradition). But if he did I can't imagine why anyone would be ok with being asked to do something by someone who was unwilling to do it themselves. But hey if people are cool with that, fine by me.

Ok now I am bit confused, who asked who to do what? Did Obama ask for someone to do something ? I'm lost now. I would never ask someone to do something I would not wish to do.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:43 PM

frustrated because no one has answered it!

Most of us have said what we thought. Repeating the question over and over is not going to get people to change their opinions.

It's not a matter of opinion.
Is obama comander in chief? ANSWER = YES
Therefor he should be held to the standards the military has.

Come on now, we are talking about someone who was never in the armed forces.

I have a problem what that. Let it be any president, not specifically Obama, but any, I oppose any "commander in chief" who has not served in the military. It's a life changing experience to serve in any branches of the armed forces, I was a different person before I have served.

I beleive you probably were different, that doesn't mean that if someone has not served that they are less qualified to serve as president. Funny I remember asking my brother that once, he did serve as well. He didn't agree with you on that one.

But again I respect your right to feel that way. I just wouldn't agree with that.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:39 PM

Yes he can. However as president I would hold him to a slightly higher standard than everyone else. As I pointed out it is within our countries "regulations" that everyone should do this if the flag is present. It would seem inappropriate for our president to refuse to follow this whether he has to or not.They

I respect that fact that you believe that but who made up those rules? So if some group makes up rules, everyone must follow suite? Where is our freedom in that? I expect my president to be educated and to be reasonable, but I do not expect him to go against his own personal expression.

I still would like to know who made up all these rules and regulations? Curious.

these "regulations" were written by our government who specifically I don't know where that would be recorded. I do know it goes back some years.

It's not a matter of what "I believe" simple fact those regulations do exist and our government does ask us to follow them. You say you don't like anybod y "telling you what to do", nobody is telling you to do them (as far as these regulations are concerned) they are asking. And if someone asks me to do something then they better well do it themselves otherwise I have no respect for them. Now if you don't have a problem with Obama asking you to do something that he refuses to more power to you.

the fact that it's a request and not an order gives me the option. Depending on what was asked, I would either consent or not do it. If Obama asked me to cross my heart and say the pledge, I would not do it. I don't care who asked, that is not something I would do. one can call that disrespectful all day long, but I do not find it so to refuse. It's a choice and I prefer not to. What am I missing? Is this not what you are asking?

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:34 PM

Yes he can. However as president I would hold him to a slightly higher standard than everyone else. As I pointed out it is within our countries "regulations" that everyone should do this if the flag is present. It would seem inappropriate for our president to refuse to follow this whether he has to or not.

So then we shouldn't follow any rules and regulations?

I think we should follow common sense rules and regulations that protect us, yes, but anal ritual like crossing your heart and reciting someone elses idea of whatever, no?

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:32 PM

I read it. All I can say is I have never been fond of ritual made up by people with a vested interest in programing other people. I dont' care what people do with the flag. Some guy somewhere has the flag all over his home, a throw for his couch, etc etc. Why the heck should I be bothered by that? Some one burns a flag, and that ruins me day or my life? Nope...

Nope and you shouldn't have to. But our government asks us to do those things, not required but we are asked to. Don't you think if our government asks us to do something that our president should be willing to do it? Otherwise it's a "do as I say and not as I do" sort of thing and that I have no respect for.

It's useless Davey!
I can't even get an answer to wether the comander in chief should follow the same protocal of the military on this subject. To ask anything more is worse than pulling teeth. And you wont get them to answer the question.

TJ, not everyone is going to think the way you do. You don't think the way I do and I am not at all frustrated by that. We just don't see things the same way. If we all thought exactly alike we might as well all be robots following ritual.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:28 PM

That all depends on what is being asked. The president should not be willing to just do something because it is asked.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:12 PM

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:07 PM

Doesn't military have to salute while in uniform? The President is not in uniform..

The Salute
To salute, all persons come to attention. Those in uniform give the appropriate formal salute. Citizens not in uniform salute by placing their right hand over the heart and men with head cover should remove it and hold it to left shoulder, hand over the heart. Members of organizations in formation salute upon command of the person in charge.

Wow TJ, I give you credit for trying, but something so simple can be so complicated to others.
:thumbsup:

Not complicated at all. Don't tell others what they should and should not do. Simple! You want to follow, go ahead, who's stopping you. It's a free country last I heard. Nothing complicated about being free to express yourself as you see fit.

Well the so called commander in chief should be held accountable for a lot of things INCLUDING respect. Yes, it's a free Country and that gives us the right to expect the so called president to respect the very men and women that sacrifice so much more than any one of us has or ever will. I don't expect anything from you or anyone that doesn't voice my opinions as you don't me. You're right it's not complicated, the president of the United States should respect our military. If they salute him why would it be so difficult for him to salute back. He is no better than us and does not rise above the respect that should be given to our brave men and women. And you don't tell me not to tell others what to do, when it comes to any elected official you're damn straight I expect the most from any one of them. Gee whiz.noway

He IS the commander in chief, and he has shown respect for our military and he has also saluted them.

As for not expecting me or anyone that doesn't voice your opinion? HUH. Sorry that didn't make sense.

I can respect and care for our military with out the pledge or the placing my hand over my heart ritual. And no you can't tell others what they should and should not do, even if you want to. Of course you are free to think it all day long.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25