Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:20 PM

Jon Stewart for you ladies. You know you like em!laugh

I don't look for an attraction, but he is funny as hell.

no photo
Wed 10/28/09 06:00 PM

Ok, I have only 1 real question (for now) but let's just "make believe" that I was cool with this handing the cell phones to the poor or as someone may have said earlier the "working poor" Why in the world would they need this....?????

"It includes texting, voicemail, call waiting and caller ID."

Caller ID...are you kidding me??????
Texting what the hell for??????
voicemail...ok, I can see that one
and call waiting...uh...not too sure??????

I agree with you on this. I did not even know I had half those options available. I can agree with the caller id, so you can refuse to answer it and thus save your minutes if it isnt important.
Voicemail is definitely agreeable, how else is a prospective empoyer going to leave you a message? or your childs school etc.
texting is absolutely NOT needed under any circumstances, and nor is call waiting.

I don't see what everyone is pissing about. It's helpful to people that have no other way to get call backs for jobs, or to call on jobs. I rarely see public phones handy anymore.

Wall street can scam us for billions and here we are bitchin about the poor. It's a plain boring a$$ phone with 68 minutes which would mean you better use is sparingly and for the right purpose.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 02:19 PM

how can someone blame past, present or future presidents on this hoax???? I blame the parents.what

I'm sure it was the meatloaf's fault some how though :laughing:

the world has gone mad...MAD I tell ya

Yupper I did it all by my meatloaf self. And I'd do it again...
Really, I have no idea how anyone could blame a president for this hoax. The parents are responsible. The more I hear about the father the more I think he's bringing up a couple of clones of himself. Sick of hearing about him already but hey that's the media.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 02:16 PM

When companies have proven cures for cancer, they are shut down. Has happened on several occasions.

That's just plain wrong, I don't know how a country like ours could tolerate that when so many suffer from cancer.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 01:49 PM
I think there is room for both. I have noticed in the last couple of decades that even the alternative industry can take advantage of the public. I'll stick to alternatives that aren't outrageious and overly expensive to doctor visits. It's worked for me for over 40 years. Doctors most of the time don't know much about the meds they give out, much less about alternatives, and shouldn't be trying to run down the alternatives we do have.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 01:43 PM
Well I think we can learn from the past with out living in it. I guess if Obama can get blamed for everything except my car not starting in this forum, it's going to happen. Most of this forum is about displeasure with Obama, so some retaliation is probably expected.

I am staying away from this forum more and more lately, because all the negative stuff is getting really old and frankly depressing, and it's not changing anything.

Not sure why anyone would want to be reminded of that spectacle on the carrier.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 10:53 AM

300 of them???

Where do we find that kind of information on our computers?

About cookies and how to manage them.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 10:50 AM
In computing, a cookie (also tracking cookie, browser cookie, and HTTP cookie) is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser. A cookie consists of one or more name-value pairs containing bits of information such as user preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or other data used by websites.

It is sent as an HTTP header by a web server to a web browser and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. A cookie can be used for authenticating, session tracking (state maintenance), and remembering specific information about users, such as site preferences or the contents of their electronic shopping carts. The term "cookie" is derived from "magic cookie", a well-known concept in UNIX computing which inspired both the idea and the name of browser cookies. Some alternatives to cookies exist; each has its own uses, advantages, and drawbacks.

Being simple pieces of text, cookies are not executable. They are neither spyware or viruses, although cookies from certain sites are detected by many anti-spyware products because they can allow users to be tracked when they visit various sites.

Most modern browsers allow users to decide whether to accept cookies, and the time frame to keep them, but rejecting cookies makes some websites unusable. For example, shopping carts or login systems implemented using cookies do not work if cookies are disabled.

More information here

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 08:49 AM

If you examine the history of The Third Reich,one of the first groups they exterminated was the 'disabled'. If a government thought that one group cost to much to take care of,'financial genocide' could be used to eliminate them. think be seeing you

This will make some mad but---if you look, you can see the parallel between many things that happend in germany in the 30' and 40's and our times. Uthanasia of the old and sick comes to mind. It's being debated in many States ETC. Keep up the good work my friend--like your posts.

Doesn't make me mad, just sad that there are so many unhappy people out there, that seem to be more focused on the past than the present. I don't share the paranoia of many in our country right now.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 08:47 AM

As a disabled American I do have a grip,a grip on History. 'Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past,are bound to repeat them'. be seeing you

I don't live in the past, and I am very careful never to repeat mistakes, that's probably why I am not suffering as badly as others in this economy. I can't control what others do or don't do, but I can be careful not to spread negativity that solves nothing.

no photo
Tue 10/27/09 08:15 AM

If you examine the history of The Third Reich,one of the first groups they exterminated was the 'disabled'. If a government thought that one group cost to much to take care of,'financial genocide' could be used to eliminate them. think be seeing you

Geezuz, get a grip... slaphead rofl whoa

no photo
Sun 10/25/09 11:28 PM
Why should anyone care, it was a personal choice.

no photo
Sat 10/24/09 09:50 AM

So if the majority dictates you must conform, you just comply? You are the last person I would suspect of being compliant, Atlantis, seriously, no sarcasm intended.

Welcome to Democracy. Isn't the majority decides who the president is? Isn't the majority decides who gets voted into the Congress? Townhalls? Neither I am sarcastic.

I just quoted Jefferson a few hours ago in another thread:

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

So what you're saying is that school is a democracy? I think most people who've gone to high school would seriously disagree with that.

No one is in mortal danger of getting hurt because someone refuses to dress to gender conformity. And I dislike the idea of sending children of a different nature to a different school based on their needs. Socially that isn't good for either straight children or of anyother sexuality. That's what breeds fear and misconception about sexuality.

They say the only truely strange sexuality is having none at all.

So why on earth should we separate people based on it. Or discriminate against one another? Shouldn't we evolve past all that socially? Animals don't discriminate based on sexual pereference. Homosexuality and bisexuality happen in the animal kingdom all over the place (not that this is one of those animals are better arguements). IF we are supposed to be the most intelligent species how is that we can't move past these issues?

Well said... except I'm gay and celebate. I can't win.. But I don't feel strange at all. laugh

Ahh, sorry Booflowerforyou
I don't think it's strange to be celebate...Also I have no idea who "says" any of that (I should find that out). To be celebate wouldn't that mean you still have urges? And to that extent imply some sort of sexuality?

No big deal flowerforyou

No I have no urges, though it's been 35 years too, I still never had urges when I decided to go celibate. I also never understood the obsession with it. Either that or those that I met just happened to want it way too much in my opinion. I wasn't really happy until I found someone who didn't care one way or the other. I prefer just about anything to wasting my time with that. I know that sounds strange to those that can't see themselves going with out it, and that's ok, it's just not my thing.

The whole issue around gays is about the damn sex, I don't know why people are so hung up about it. I also think the more you try to outlaw something the more it will be abused or obsessed about. Something parents don't seem to understand nor does the church. They end up just making it more attractive than it needs to be. I could be wrong but I remember anything my parents where against I wanted to know why that was. Rebelious I guess.:wink:

no photo
Sat 10/24/09 06:46 AM

So if the majority dictates you must conform, you just comply? You are the last person I would suspect of being compliant, Atlantis, seriously, no sarcasm intended.

Welcome to Democracy. Isn't the majority decides who the president is? Isn't the majority decides who gets voted into the Congress? Townhalls? Neither I am sarcastic.

I just quoted Jefferson a few hours ago in another thread:

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

So what you're saying is that school is a democracy? I think most people who've gone to high school would seriously disagree with that.

No one is in mortal danger of getting hurt because someone refuses to dress to gender conformity. And I dislike the idea of sending children of a different nature to a different school based on their needs. Socially that isn't good for either straight children or of anyother sexuality. That's what breeds fear and misconception about sexuality.

They say the only truely strange sexuality is having none at all.

So why on earth should we separate people based on it. Or discriminate against one another? Shouldn't we evolve past all that socially? Animals don't discriminate based on sexual pereference. Homosexuality and bisexuality happen in the animal kingdom all over the place (not that this is one of those animals are better arguements). IF we are supposed to be the most intelligent species how is that we can't move past these issues?

Well said... except I'm gay and celebate. I can't win.. But I don't feel strange at all. laugh

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 07:12 PM

It all comes down to rules and regulations and what is accepted as decency.

I think the solution isn't in letting everyone to do whatever, but having clear outlines of what is accepted and having schools with variations of how loose or tight the rules are. Essentially, the schools follow what is widely accepted and supported and what isn't. If 99% of the girls want to dress up as girls, then lesbians and bisexuals have to face that cold harsh reality, that they are minority, and majority dictates how and what.

Now if there are schools out, where regulations are much less looser, then why not go there for those who have special requests?

Having the choice, that if you feel uncomfortable in a school, due to feeling like the rules are too much , then go to another school with less school regulations.

So it's not decent for a boy to dress like a girl or a girl to dress like a boy? Who says so? What's so wrong with men that women would be less a woman if she dressed like a man? And what is so wrong with women that a man dressed as a woman would be such a terrible offense?

If 99% of the girls want to dress up as girls, then lesbians and bisexuals have to face that cold harsh reality, that they are minority, and majority dictates how and what.

Isn't that mob rule? So 99% prefer girly things, one bright girl steps out of that program and we lose what? Damn I hate trivial conformity. And believe me we are programed, so it's unlikely everyone that chooses to be who they are is going to find a school that will allow them to be themselves.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 06:46 PM

:smile: I know that Reagan and Bush had a lot of czars:smile:

Why the hell did they ever use the term czars, they had to know that some people would make a conspiracy out of it. Yes I know they wanted a shortcut to describe a job with a huge title, but why czar, why not something american so people couldn't twist it to mean something else. ugh

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 06:30 PM

I wonder if a gay guy wanted to dress up as a girl for the photo (skirt, bras, a wig, lipstick, fake nails and so on)

Would that be allowed?

No, it probably wouldn't "be allowed". A tux isn't gender specific (in my mind). Many women have worn them over the decades in movies and in other media. They're like a fancy pant suit for crying out loud. IT shouldn't matter if she is gay or just looks like a boy- though I don't see it- as I used to cross dress I can usually tell. IT IS HER PICTURE. She's not dressing disrespectfully. It's not some tacky short skirt with no underpants thing.
She's not harming anyone. A year book is of the life of the students. If she "looks and dresses" like a boy all the time then shouldn't she get to in the senior class photos? This is a mountain out of a mole hill situation. And the people making it a problem is likely the adults who think they are mature and open minded. Whereas the students probably don't give an honest damn how she appears in the photos so long as they recognize her. She should have the right to dress as she likes.

Though, personally I don't think it's a big deal to wear a dress one day. I even like them in the summer. I had to wear one for my parents wedding (it was too long and I almost biffed it going up a set of stairs). This particular girl might look silly if she did put a dress on with that hair cut...

Ok, what if a guy wants to dress up decently as a woman? Is that possible?

why is it ok for a woman to wear man clothes but it's not ok for a man to wear woman's clothes?

Why is only man's clothes are not gender specific and why woman's dress is women only?

I don't think people get quite as bent out of shape when a girl dresses in boys clothes, but there seems to be a knee jerk reaction to boys dressing as girls. I say who cares. If he has the nerve to do it let him, all this classmates will still know who he is.

If the kids don't care why should we. Why must we we get all insecure and uptight about it. If we want the freedom to be who we are, we shouldn't be trying to control what others choose to be, if it harms no one.

Ultimately it's all about control, what's expected of a female and what's expected of a male. Heaven forbid someone have the courage to be who they feel they are.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 04:54 PM

Also, the Pedophile Protection bill just passed (Hate Crimes).

Why in the H double hockeysticks do they allow bills to piggyback on a larger bill?

It is the stupidest thing in the world. I could maybe see if they were related, but a defense spending bill?

Also, there is some evidence Obama himself is/was gay. It is a sytem of control for blackmailing politicians. Very common. Bush did gay acts with his Skull & Bones buddies, so should we expect anything different from Obamanation?

I don't believe that for a minute, but so what if he was. You scared of a gay black president? Oh and Bush too? lmao For pete sakes folks, get a grip. Some of you need a serious shrink...

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 07:34 PM

IMO, Cheney needs to stay out of it. He didn't handle things well under the previous administration.

If they had finished Afghanistan instead of going to Iraq in the first place, we wouldn't be having such a big problem now.

I get sick of hearing that. We are there and Obama needs to make a decision. When your General asks for more troops it's for a reason.
Obama needs to losten to him or pull the troops out!

Cheney needs to stay out of it, IMO. He didn't handle things well under the previous administration.

Yes, Obama needs to make decision. I think it's worse if he rushed to do those difficult things.

Very convenient that Chaney and Bush don't recall their own stalls.

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 05:50 PM

I only meant that the president doesnt do anything by themself. They have to get the support to make something like War happen. Bush managed to get everyone gang ho behind his war,, whatever his motives,,and it didnt work out. Now people want to put blame for it solely on him when he wasnt the only one supporting it. Noone is perfect. I think the war was a mistake,, but y dwell on it and place the responsibility on one mans shoulders when it just isnt that simple. He wasnt the only one who made bad decisions leading up to that decision. This is why I hate the blame game and prefer to stick to responsibility and choice. He made a bad choice, with many others, now its done. We should move on.

excuse me, I dont really care for Bush, but my empathy is winning out on this one.

I felt sorry for Bush for about a second, after he was out of office. It amazes me that after 8 very long years anyone could think Bush was good over all for the world, much less America. I understand empathy but I sure can't feel any for Bush. He will, not only never be held responsible for 'his' actions, but we doctor his legacy to make him look credible, most likely.. But the world will never forget the GWBush presidency that is for sure.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25