Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:59 AM
Edited by boo2u on Sat 09/26/09 09:05 AM

Do we have the right to interfere with their Laws in Iraq?

I don't think we do legally, but that doesn't mean we can't bring sanctions against a country who does such things. But we are talking about a people that live in the ancient past. It maybe a century or two before there is any change in that fundamental practice. The fear of public disgrace is a pathetic inhumane excuse to kill a group of people that in 99% of cases is not violent or worthy of being killed.

I can hardly type this makes me so angry. I don't know how I could ever have any respect for a people or religious institution that would condone such a thing. In fact I can't, and I put the blame squarely on religious interpretations of ancient religion. Oh but homophobes had no involvement in the writings in the bible..

Oh please, you hate homophobes and they hate homos. Whats the difference. Its cool to pick a side and be against something, its lame to pontificate like you are the moral and good one. Its no different than their insistence god is on THEIR side.

Actually I do not hate homophobes, but their ignorance distresses me for sure. There is a huge difference even if I did hate them. But I am sick to death of explaining them to people that it wouldn't bother to take the time to research it on their own. But I would not expect you to have responded in any other way.

The OP is talking about lives being taken in the most hideous of ways and all your thinking about is oil independence.. ugh

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:13 AM
Edited by boo2u on Sat 09/26/09 08:13 AM

Do we have the right to interfere with their Laws in Iraq?

I don't think we do legally, but that doesn't mean we can't bring sanctions against a country who does such things. But we are talking about a people that live in the ancient past. It maybe a century or two before there is any change in that fundamental practice. The fear of public disgrace is a pathetic inhumane excuse to kill a group of people that in 99% of cases is not violent or worthy of being killed.

I can hardly type this makes me so angry. I don't know how I could ever have any respect for a people or religious institution that would condone such a thing. In fact I can't, and I put the blame squarely on religious interpretations of ancient religion. Oh but homophobes had no involvement in the writings in the bible..

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:04 AM
It's not reported here so much, I think, because we have our own homophobia in this country we are still dealing with. People have to change individually because or religious institutions aren't going to do it, though some are starting to. Instead the foster the same homophobia they always have. And personally I believe it's the biggest stumbling block in the way of changing attitudes towards gays.

We have an irrational fear of teaching respect for homosexuals in schools, so we aren't much better, except that we don't systematically kill homosexuals in this country. Ummmm, because it's illegal. If we don't teach children young to respect differences, we will never change as a nation. Just as children are taught religion from a young age for very obvious reasons, it sticks for life in most cases, so should respect for homosexuals. You can rarely change an adult once they have been programed in childhood.

That is one huge reason why many fear it being taught. They use scare tactics to get other parents to believe that the school wants to teach the sexual practices of homosexuality when that isn't even the case.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 07:50 AM

Same stuff going on in Jamaica.

I watched a documentary on it a few years ago. A gay man felt he needed to come out to his family in Jamaica. It was a heart wrenching story.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 11:09 PM

"Most soup kitchens and homeless shelters are run by private groups from private donations."

They've been running low on food and donations for a couple of years.
Food pantries are almost empty.

When times are bad that always happens it is happening here too. People are being asked for donations but they aren't coming in because people don't have the extra themselves. This is why depending on private donations and funding doesn't work.

Sure that's a good option for those people that don't want to be asked to contribute.. let someone else do it.. but it doesn't work.

Yes, more people are needing help and less people can help. Depending on that, doesn't work.

It's been getting bad for a couple of years now.

I'd say it's been bad here a lot longer, by about 3 to 4 years. Every time I get the local shopper/paper there's requests for donations.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 10:28 PM

What a bunch of Hogwash. This information is outdated already. laugh

I was just thinking that because I was listening to a discussion on their current offerings. Baucus's bill still stinks, though it might work very well for insurers.. rofl

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 10:22 PM

"Most soup kitchens and homeless shelters are run by private groups from private donations."

They've been running low on food and donations for a couple of years.
Food pantries are almost empty.

When times are bad that always happens it is happening here too. People are being asked for donations but they aren't coming in because people don't have the extra themselves. This is why depending on private donations and funding doesn't work.

Sure that's a good option for those people that don't want to be asked to contribute.. let someone else do it.. but it doesn't work.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:22 PM

If they are finding this stuff that was obviously frozen over at one time and now thawing out and we are discovering them. Wouldn't thaat kinda just mean we are going through a weater cycle? Obviously the Icecaps weren't as big then and it got colder and froze things over. Now it's warming and thawing out. how many more years till it gets colder again and things freeze over? IDK just a thought. But that has to be to simple to be true.

It's been cooler than usual so far this year in AZ, so it may be sooner than expected that the icecaps come back! :wink: laugh

The same with St. Louis. July and August are supposed to be hot and humid here. It wasn't even warm enough for swimming.

I was burning hot here in Tennessee, though we made up in rain for the drought we had for a few years. Or I think we are back to normal.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:18 PM

Possible mis translation or just a sincere expression of how pleased he is with President OBama.
Well hopefully you are right. But there is a stir among some of Obamas supporters to end term limits in the hopes of keeping him in office indefinetly. Im sure other presidents have had the same kind of supporters. Lets just remember he is an imperfect man like the rest of us. He has the same ability to do good or bad. We all know he will make mistakes and we should be carefull not to think of him as our leader or superior as we the people are the leaders and the president who ever he may be works for us. If Qadhfi is pleased with Obama that is disconcerting. No US citizen should be comfortable with that scenario. That bothers me, Im not sure what you were getting at. Please explain.

Is not going to happen, period.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:16 PM

laugh Well he won't be President forever, but he WILL be Elected to a 2nd Term! drinker

Thanks to guys like you! Keep up the good work! drinker

Oh, and I forgot to mention thanks to FOX and Glenn Beck! drinker

drinks

What I think will happen is that by 2012, FOX and Glenn Beck will have the Republican Party split completely in two! laugh

Have of them, the Christians, will be voting for Huckabee. laugh
And the other half, the Extremists, will be voting for Ron Paul. laugh

Check Mate! Game over! Obama will WIN by a landslide! drinker

Well I can't imagine Huckabee wining or Ron Paul, who else is up?
As for fox and beck and rush, they will have jobs until people are finally fed up with their making millions off bs'ing their own supporters..

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 08:25 PM

yes it's worked so great so far huh *eye roll*

if you right wingers don't like the school systems, home school them....so we foreigners can get all the good jobs ;)

that logic doesn't follow. If more people home schooled, they would have a better education (as this is the tendency), and would get the good jobs.

"Homeschoolers are not at a disadvantage when it comes to learning opportunities. Given the growth of homeschooling over the past two decades, there are now few academic resources, whether Advanced Placement classes or other specialized instruction, that are available to a conventionally schooled child but not to a homeschooled child. As a result, homeschooled children are academically prepared for college. Data from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education show that, based on SAT scores, ACT scores, college freshman year cumulative GPA, and cumulative credit hours, “academic performance analyses indicate that homeschool graduates are as ready for college as traditional high school graduates and that they perform as well on national college assessment tests as traditional high school graduates.” Studies have also shown that a greater proportion of homeschooled students go on to college than their traditionally schooled counterparts. Some California universities, including the University of California at Riverside and Stanford University, have even made special efforts to attract and enroll homeschooled students, who as a group have gained a reputation for being particularly motivated and for possessing “intellectual vitality.” They are also prepared socially. One study that looked at freshmen at a private liberal arts college reported significantly fewer anxiety symptoms than a matched sample of traditionally schooled students."

(according to Homeschool Association of California)

That would of course be a bit bias coming from the home school association by design. While I am not sure about intellectual vitality I would not agree they prepared socially, when they don't interact with other kids outside their own source of indoctrination.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 08:12 PM

laugh Well he won't be President forever, but he WILL be Elected to a 2nd Term! drinker

Thanks to guys like you! Keep up the good work! drinker

Oh, and I forgot to mention thanks to FOX and Glenn Beck! drinker

drinks

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 05:32 PM

i'm proud that the GOP calls me a terrorist. if i die, i'll die for my God and not to make some politician wealthy or some company..won't name names, cough haliburton cough

I don't personally know anyone that likes or trusts Haliburton. As for dying for your God. I can't relate to that. One can just barely trust what we can see, let alone things we can't see. Some folks seem to be able to recognize the atrocities of haliburton, but can't recognize the atrocities in the name of of their God.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 01:31 PM
Edited by boo2u on Fri 09/25/09 01:31 PM

So I guess if tomorrow school teachers in Alaska required their students to sing similar lyrics about their "great governor" Sarah Palin, some posters on here would be ok with that.

laugh laugh laugh

Now that would be funny as hell. SNL would have a field day with that.

Yuper I think that would be pretty strange considering the woman is no longer the governor. can't seem to hold a job for long with out giving up. Or we could say that she gives up for more money bs'ing folks in Japan for a million a pop.... then tells the media how shes ready to work on the plight of those suffering from this economy.. ya, Palin can relate to our pain.. lmao

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 10:53 AM

I hope Obama and the dems keep up this nonsense, so the **** hits the fan and everyone's united against the government. pitchfork :banana:

Funny, I was thinking I hope the fringe nut cases, right and left keep it up so that the whole country get's a chance to see what extreme looks like for real. Then Obama will look tame in comparison.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:25 AM
Edited by boo2u on Fri 09/25/09 09:26 AM

President Obama's "safe schools czar" is a former schoolteacher who has advocated promoting homosexuality in schools, written about his past drug abuse, expressed his contempt for religion and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men.

What are you talking about?

He's referring to the scarey gay czar the Right is focusing on this week, http://mingle2.com/topic/show/247906

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:17 AM
Yupper, the christian right's favorite divider... homosexuality... scarey stuff.

A dangerous man, who dares to be honest about his childhood in an evangelical environment and his antics as a young man. Sure hate that honesty stuff. Would much prefer he just out himself as the pervert the christian right deems him to be.

How perfect could it be for the Right, a pervert 'and' a czar.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 07:38 AM
Silly teachers, didn't they know that singing songs that demean Obama work so much better these days.

Heaven forbid children get the idea that Obama see's people as equals. What a horrible thing to teach a child. Yupper, it's a sign of the end..

Anyone see the tv ad where very young school children are signing negatively about Obama's administration and him? Guess it's ok to trash him though.

no photo
Fri 09/25/09 07:19 AM
Edited by boo2u on Fri 09/25/09 07:21 AM

I'm probably a terrorist then..sure hope I don't end up on that list and get locked up with no rights...

No worries.
They'd have to lock up better than 65% of the country. And, with every job los, home lost, son or daughter killed at war, bailed out CEO getting fatter bonuses, the terrorist list gets longer.

offtopic Will someone else please, check out the new School czar an see if this is all true. I get a bashing when I do it.

President Obama's "safe schools czar" is a former schoolteacher who has advocated promoting homosexuality in schools, written about his past drug abuse, expressed his contempt for religion and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men.

You afraid to post something, true or not? Nah.... winking Here's one version on the safe schools czar . Oh wait, that link might not be the RIGHT version, it's talking about a fox witch hunt, that can't be true. Fox would never do that!

Try the family research councel, ya, that's it, I'm sure their view will be more suitable. Or heck just type in Safe school czar, the first 20 should be more suitable for posting anywhere.

Warning, don't go here to this site to hear the man out, because of course the man is evil and wants the whole world to be homosexual. Oh ya and he's one of those scarey CZARS of the russian kind..

After all we want to be sure we continue to demean little gay boys and girls and make sure they grow up in fear..oops I mean knowing how offensive they are to the average member of society. We must do the 'RIGHT' thing. After all it's a tradition. Reality is much too frightening.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 09:18 PM
Damn it's depressing in here. Geezuz willing is there no other news you could dig up besides one's trashing Obama?

Since Willing has taken over the forums and is directing the news events, guess I'll go find some positive people to hang out with.

Have fun, if you can call this fun.