Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Mon 09/28/09 06:11 PM

Liberals have ugliness too. Like when they spout lies about people like Sarah Palin.

While I might agree, well do agree there is ugliness on both sides. Palin is her own worst enemy and couldn't win more than the republican base praise.

Thankfully she could never win anything beyond that...

no photo
Mon 09/28/09 06:01 PM
Edited by boo2u on Mon 09/28/09 06:03 PM

Your society turned this country into what it is, useless rambling on about this and that with little to no action behind the words.

Agree wholeheartedly. Society here sucks donkey *!&#

You know I would be the first to admit we have made mistakes in this country, so has every other country over time, but when you say this society sucks donkey !@#$ all I want to say find somewhere you think is better. I dare you... Youre 25 for heaven sakes, you haven't even lived life yet..

As for the topic, it's total nonsense. Obama doesn't do things your way.. Big suprise. There's lots of good things going on if you pay attention, if you don't then you just repeating BS.

no photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:14 PM
They drink it because it tastes good, for the same reason every one drinks it. We each have our own brand is all. What's yours?

I didn't watch the video, takes to bloody long to load.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:51 PM

I don't see it as a issue I'm welling to die for or kill for .

There ya' go!
Hit th' nail right on the head!
It's sad to see it going on and if someone else did something about it, that'd be great.
Just don't expect me to care enogh to actually do anything about it.
Thank you, Mr.Cashu.
As long as it ain't at my fornt door or it's not happening to me or mine then, it's just not worth me getting involved.

The issues to "legally" kill or die for are;
Land
Money
Oil
Instilling our type of leadership
Putting those in power who will do the will of the world leaders
To force our beliefs on other countries, etc.

When it comes to our leaders getting us into or keeping us involved in wars or conflicts, they tell us one thing and then, in time, it is revealed to be for completely different motives.

I wonder just how long it will be before we see the type of violence the middle east folks have seen for thousands of years.

It's a lesson in futality.
We, who have lived the experiances of seeing history repeat itself a couple times will die off. Those who are coming up will see past history as something ancient and distant.

History isn't just repeating, it's getting a colder, harder face. These days, life isn't worth more than a barrel of oil.

So the life of a gay person in Iraq isn't worth any effort on your part because it isnt affecting you? wow

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:46 PM

we should form an army out of gays and send them in to get revenge . Its to late to resurrect Alexander the great to do it for them .I don't care if a guys a queer or a girl for that matter . But I don't see it as a issue I'm welling to die for or kill for .

So what would you die for? The only difference between you and me is my preference in whom I spend my life with and education level. Using the word queer shows a lack of education, or common respect or common decency.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:42 PM

President Obama and The Democratic party have done an outstanding job. I am proud of President Obama and The Obam Administrationhappy

What can you point to that he has done so great?

You would have to be paying close attention. No one should have to point it out. you have the same access to sources we do. I listen every single day to what he is doing.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:40 PM

President Obama and The Democratic party have done an outstanding job. I am proud of President Obama and The Obam Administrationhappy

drinks

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:04 PM

Ok, I think I am missing something,,,,

It is AGAINST the law there to do this. So what sanctions can we pose when it isnt the government who is guilty but their fanatics within the society. Do we realize the murders that happen HERE in the states? They happen for reasons like racial hatred, sexism, classism ,but they are still ILLEGAL. Because they continue to happen doesnt give another country a right to come down on us in any way. Government can set laws and beyond that,, how their people abide by them is not something they can be held accountable for.

I would have to agree, but I don't believe for a second that the Iraqi government exactly tries to stop it either.

Hell in this country we don't exactly knock ourselves out standing up for gays, instead we foster prejudice against them and go out of our way to prevent anyone from teaching simple respect and acceptance in schools. Individually we remain silent when things are said that are ignorant among our friends.

Even in the black community where you would think there would be some empathy for being hated for something about you that is different.

I disagree. Gays enjoy special legal protections.

That comment just proved you really have no clue. Special legal protections. List them please. I would like to know what protections I had that I was unaware of.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 05:59 PM

You're right, Msharmony. People were doing better during the Clinton years. We had more money in our pockets, jobs were good, etc.

because he had a Republican Congress for 6 of his 8 years...his feet were held to the fire in regards to spending...

rofl

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 11:30 AM

After Bush left the equivalent of a paper bag full of flameing feces on the front porch of the white house poor Obama had no choice but to tramp it out covering himself in the crap bush left him after rapeing and pilageing the country starting two wars while giveing tax breaks to the rich Obama is now vilified by the right wing fringe for trying to fix things. . Oh if only fox news and its fans had a voice for the 8 years the republicans held power.

Problem is that the democrats we were too timid to stand up to the right, and in many cases too complicate to argue against the right, if I said that right. :laughing:

What? The republicans have been dragged ever left for decades. Todays republican is 20 years agos democrat. The right has been in retreat since the 1950's until recently. Thats why you and your ilk are so flapped up.

You have been exposed to the adult world for a whole 12 years and you can speak for those of us that have been through the issues for decades more?

That's ok I remember being a know it all smart *** too at your age. I didn't even know the agenda of the Christian right until I was 42, but I can't see them going that far left. I had no idea religion was going to become a circus, or how much power they actually had.

Lucky for most of us that their controlling behavior tends to turn off free thinking human beings, and they never get quite what the want. Thankfully. Now they are terrified they are losing ground and I am concerned they are gaining it once again while a couple more generations have no clue what they are up to.

I think I would have been more of an activist if I hadn't spent 20 years of my adult life going about my business and ignoring politics for the most part. Politicians tend to bank on our lack of interest. Wish I recognized that a long time ago.

Besides are there any real republicans anymore? They are all if not mostly evangelical control freaks, but then maybe they are the loudest so they stick out more, or maybe the moderate republican's are terrified of the power of the evangelical right wing, just as the left appears to be.

If flapped means angry, I am not, I am more concerned that religion is trying it's damnedest to rule the world. Islam and Christianity.

I am quite content with my ilk.. as I am sure you might be at least for now.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:57 AM

Ok, I think I am missing something,,,,

It is AGAINST the law there to do this. So what sanctions can we pose when it isnt the government who is guilty but their fanatics within the society. Do we realize the murders that happen HERE in the states? They happen for reasons like racial hatred, sexism, classism ,but they are still ILLEGAL. Because they continue to happen doesnt give another country a right to come down on us in any way. Government can set laws and beyond that,, how their people abide by them is not something they can be held accountable for.

I would have to agree, but I don't believe for a second that the Iraqi government exactly tries to stop it either.

Hell in this country we don't exactly knock ourselves out standing up for gays, instead we foster prejudice against them and go out of our way to prevent anyone from teaching simple respect and acceptance in schools. Individually we remain silent when things are said that are ignorant among our friends.

Even in the black community where you would think there would be some empathy for being hated for something about you that is different.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:45 AM

After Bush left the equivalent of a paper bag full of flameing feces on the front porch of the white house poor Obama had no choice but to tramp it out covering himself in the crap bush left him after rapeing and pilageing the country starting two wars while giveing tax breaks to the rich Obama is now vilified by the right wing fringe for trying to fix things. . Oh if only fox news and its fans had a voice for the 8 years the republicans held power.

Problem is that the democrats we were too timid to stand up to the right, and in many cases too complicate to argue against the right, if I said that right. :laughing:

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:39 AM

Again, I think you need to stop the stereotyping and generalities and document.

I cant seem to get you to understand my respectful request for you to answer my questions or follow the debate,

Hey, Mr. Brewer.
You're pretty new here. Welcome.drinker
It's ok. A lot of us are very familiar with the dodging, generalizing and name calling. That's why we stop attempting to debate with those do that.
I debate with those willing to debate intead of making excuses for their Savior-in-Chief Hussein.

Well, I like to point it out anyways. Intelligent people who read this will see that they have nothing to stand on and have nothing to offer besides the talking points they get in their morning e-mail at best.

That could go both ways, no?

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:34 AM
Edited by boo2u on Sat 09/26/09 10:40 AM

Again, I think you need to stop the stereotyping and generalities and document.

I cant seem to get you to understand my respectful request for you to answer my questions or follow the debate,

Hey, Mr. Brewer.
You're pretty new here. Welcome.drinker
It's ok. A lot of us are very familiar with the dodging, generalizing and name calling. That's why we stop attempting to debate with those do that.
I debate with those willing to debate intead of making excuses for their Savior-in-Chief Hussein.

Interesting. That coming from someone that can't recognize their own name calling and generalizations. Please Let me know when we are actually debating rather than posting the most biased of topics aimed at deminishing this president.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:29 AM

Reconsidering the closing date does not mean it will not close.

We need to be concerned with all the other prison camps that are doing the same thing that Gitmo has done.

It is going to take some time.

Hell Obama has only been in office for 8 months, not long enough to do anything of great magnitude.

He is the one who promised to close gitmo in 12 months, now he has flip-flopped.

He was going to end "dont ask dont tell". Nope, not that either after all.

He was going to end the war and bring the troops home. Now not so much. And hes going to start his own war with iran.

He was only going to tax income over 250,000. Now its everyone in the country, forced to buy insurance or get fined/taxed.

Wow, some change..

He went as far as he could with closing gitmo, right? If congress holds him up, that is not his fault.

-----It has nothing to do with congress, he has executive power. Go back and read a middle school level book on how the government works.

Don't ask don't tell? In the military? That is not going to be so easy to do. Complicated issue there.

-----He is the one who promised to do it. It requires one stroke of the pen for the commander in chief, ball point pens are not complicated.

He said the troops would start returning home within 16 months, I think. He has only had 8 months.

------He has already said he is reniging on that promise and is likely sending MORE troops and is starting a NEW WAR with Iran!

Healthcare and Income taxes are two different things, tying them together is not logical.

-------I agree but it is your savior obama who says he is taxing people who make over 250,000 to pay for his health care proposal.

I am noticing a current among obama supporters, you support him and attack all his detractors. Yet you dont even know what his plans are. The ones who do know what he has said and done, the informed electorate, are against him. the ignorant are for him.

I am not sure why I am explaining anything to you though, I believe you have shown you do not like him because he is not white, if I am not mistaken.

You are absolutely mistaken. Not only have I argued at length that the people who oppose obama do not do it only for race, I have mentioned two black men, Thomas Sowell and Herman Cain, who i would vote for in a heartbeat and so would 90% of the people who dont like obama.

Check them out, if you dont start supporting them you are a racist.

http://www.hermancain.com/

http://www.tsowell.com/

I never heard of the other guy but I read about Cain:

''Cain argued that he was a true conservative, noting that he opposed the legality of abortion even in cases of rape and incest.''

Thanks but no thanks, any man that can't respect the right of a woman to make decisions about her own body would never get my vote.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:22 AM
Edited by boo2u on Sat 09/26/09 10:23 AM

Reconsidering the closing date does not mean it will not close.

We need to be concerned with all the other prison camps that are doing the same thing that Gitmo has done.

It is going to take some time.

Hell Obama has only been in office for 8 months, not long enough to do anything of great magnitude.

He'll never do anything of great magnitude, except get ousted like carter and bush 1.

That view is not shared by everyone. If you believe in similar things to Obama you will notice the things he has done more than those who don't. Probably more human nature...

He just got finished saying their are last minute things that have to be considered. I like that fact that this many isn't the kneejerk sort, which can often create more problems than nessessary.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:13 AM

Do we have the right to interfere with their Laws in Iraq?

I don't think we do legally, but that doesn't mean we can't bring sanctions against a country who does such things. But we are talking about a people that live in the ancient past. It maybe a century or two before there is any change in that fundamental practice. The fear of public disgrace is a pathetic inhumane excuse to kill a group of people that in 99% of cases is not violent or worthy of being killed.

I can hardly type this makes me so angry. I don't know how I could ever have any respect for a people or religious institution that would condone such a thing. In fact I can't, and I put the blame squarely on religious interpretations of ancient religion. Oh but homophobes had no involvement in the writings in the bible..

Oh please, you hate homophobes and they hate homos. Whats the difference. Its cool to pick a side and be against something, its lame to pontificate like you are the moral and good one. Its no different than their insistence god is on THEIR side.

Actually I do not hate homophobes, but their ignorance distresses me for sure. There is a huge difference even if I did hate them. But I am sick to death of explaining them to people that it wouldn't bother to take the time to research it on their own. But I would not expect you to have responded in any other way.

Oh and you know me so well, I have been here like a week?

What is ignorant about not liking something? Why does not liking gays make one afraid of them? Why is hating someone for your reason morally better than hating someone for another persons reason?

The OP is talking about lives being taken in the most hideous of ways and all your thinking about is oil independence.. ugh

No I am explaining yet another unintended consequence of being so tied to every country in the world for critical economic things. It makes us impotent abroad to prevent any human rights abuse. I am on your side likely about human rights abuse, but we have to tolerate this because we need the oil. We have to tolerate the opium in afghanistan to have any hope of winning. We have to give china most favored nation trade status while they do unspeakable things because we need their manufacturing.

Im trying to point out that the social and economic are related.

When you use the word homos, you give away your attitude. I don't dislike people that dislike gays, because often time when they get to know gays they no longer have those attitues. I dislike their 'attitude' about gays because it's irrational and emotional and leads to more ugly words being exchange and violence toward a group that has never done anything to the person doing the violence, verbally or physically.

-----------Oh stop it. You dont know anything about my attitudes about them. I work with a queer who waves a dont tread on me flag at the tea parties we go to.....and he can take a fag joke, why cant you. He doesnt need people like you defending him.

I dont get pissed at white jokes and I have walked up countless times on black guys talking about honkies or crackers or mexicans talking about gringo this or that. I dont run off to sue, every culture thinks its better than everyone else, its no more significant than being a yankees fan and hating the red sox. Almost any game they fight one another. Perhaps a law providing additional penalties for a sox fan punching a yankees fan?

I use the words I use because I hate political correctness. I consider it a mental illness and dont believe in assigning a word that much power. Thats a bigger problem than hatred.
-------

Yes my attitude about this behavior is definately and deeply emotional. And yes i do tend to take it personally that people like me are so hated some would kill us to make their own lives more livable and in the name of Gods I have never even seen, nor have they.

-------Thats understandable. Whats not is claiming that christian america is on par with sharia. Most american churches have gay clergy now as an official policy. We know its obviously condoned unspokenly for he catholics. So you basically have the baptists and a few evangelicals. Their chief activity is advocating for or against certain laws. They have a right to do that. It may be annoying, like when I cant buy a beer for a sunday game in some counties, but its hardly like what they do in muslim communities, not even remotely close.
-----------------

Not liking gays is not the same as not liking a sport or a table, we are talking about human beings, not objects.

-------Its no different at all. I have met so many people I didnt like in my life I cant even count them all. I am not immoral for not liking them. I have a right to set the criteria for who I hang out with and make exceptions to my own rules.

How is telling someone who they must like and adding legal penalties for not exercising your own right to association in ways that boo2u chooses any different to what they do in the middle east?
-------------------

I am not understanding why we must tolerate this due to oil. But I also don't share the view that we should have no connection to the world outside our own country. I never understood giving china most favored nation status either. I do think the more isolated we are from other countries the more slowly we evolve as human beings.

-----------Because they can raise the price of oil and destroy us in a week. Everything is made with oil in it or energy it provides and shipped with it as the fuel...theres probably not one thing in your house oil was not used to make.

Having a connection or traveling to foreign lands is different to being dependent on them for critical economic things. We are one of the only countries that could be self sufficient, and we should be.

At least we agree on China:)

How is keeping our main industry...energy, food, manufacturing, military.....domestic in any way isolating us or slowing human "evolvement". What do you mean by that, what are we evolving into?
--------------------

I do not know the answer to this, I wish I did. I can only empathize with those who's lives are so fragile due to the rigid religious views of many human beings. It's very sad indeed. The more diverse we are as a country the more we are forced to face our prejudices and change comes slowly but surely.

I think you are right bout that. I think forcing the change makes people defensive and reactionary. I have always laid alot of the anti-gay violence at the feet of the militant gay activists who insist on being as gross and offensive as possible in their parades and activism. Who you screw shouldnt be that big of a deal and if it wasnt made into a subculture of mjilitants there would be alot more open minds in this country.

Ah well we have some agreement here. I have often said to people in the gay community, stop scaring the crapola out of people and maybe they can relate to you. But remember the people in gay parades are not the majority of gays. And think of it another way. They have more guts that we do. But it doesn't help their cause.

I would say anger motivates militant activists. While I might be angry about ignorance I don't see flagrant behavior as making a statement that helps people to understand, especially people who are influenced by the church.

My life is as happy and as boring as anyone else's. I don't scare my neighbors. I don't sport a gay flag on my house. Not because I am afraid to, but because it accomplishes nothing. People aren't stupid, they know I am gay, I know I am gay, but because I don't flaunt it, and because I have given them no reason to fear me, my experience is much different.

I might be missing another side to this I have no thought of, but I at this point agree with you on the militancy.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:02 AM

I think it's slightly strange of us to examine Islam and it's abuses with out discussing Christianity and it's abuses down through history. Because we can not legally kill homosexuals in this country doesn't mean we don't make their existence as unpleasent and the religious right wants to make sure the inequality continues, but we focus on Islam? Why? Our attitudes are no better.

Are you saying it's better they kill them off rather than have to live the life you describe?
Or, just overlook their actions.
BTW, oil is a big part of the reason it's covered up, not addressed and is accepted. Saudi Arabia has the same practice. Ain't he the king Hussein bowed before and who he reveres?

Not sure I quite follow you, but .... Don't assume we all live in fear, or that we all are exposed daily to bigots. Thankfully that is far less these days. Though the values voters would like to see that change.

I have been very lucky in my life to have never experienced the ugly side of prejudice, though I see it a lot online. It's interesting out here in the real world people aren't as brave as they are online or in certain circles. No one dares to make smart remarks to me about being gay, probably because I am upfront about it and I will verbally take them on if they try. Homophobes like the cover of like minded people or an audience of like minded people to share their dislikes of the gay community. Few will be so bold face to face, at least to my face.

But many gays aren't as open and un-intimidated by intolerance. Many can't be out about it for many different reasons.

My actions are non of anyone's business, just as your's are not my business as long as you are not harming anyone. So this over look business is just another attempt at intimidation. I would not over look it if you were out there having sexual relations in my front yard. Nor would i expect others to tolerate that of our community. It's just respect. You are forced to tolerate me by law, but I don't ask for that. Just don't share you intolerance to my face and expect me to keep quite. To assume I should be tolerated is telling me there is something wrong with me, while you might assume there's nothing wrong with that attitude. Words say more than one admits.

By the way I can be respectful of a leader with out sharing their views, I suspect that Obama feels similarly.

Anyway I am a bit over tired this morning so I am not sure I am making much sense..

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 09:30 AM

Do we have the right to interfere with their Laws in Iraq?

I don't think we do legally, but that doesn't mean we can't bring sanctions against a country who does such things. But we are talking about a people that live in the ancient past. It maybe a century or two before there is any change in that fundamental practice. The fear of public disgrace is a pathetic inhumane excuse to kill a group of people that in 99% of cases is not violent or worthy of being killed.

I can hardly type this makes me so angry. I don't know how I could ever have any respect for a people or religious institution that would condone such a thing. In fact I can't, and I put the blame squarely on religious interpretations of ancient religion. Oh but homophobes had no involvement in the writings in the bible..

Oh please, you hate homophobes and they hate homos. Whats the difference. Its cool to pick a side and be against something, its lame to pontificate like you are the moral and good one. Its no different than their insistence god is on THEIR side.

Actually I do not hate homophobes, but their ignorance distresses me for sure. There is a huge difference even if I did hate them. But I am sick to death of explaining them to people that it wouldn't bother to take the time to research it on their own. But I would not expect you to have responded in any other way.

Oh and you know me so well, I have been here like a week?

What is ignorant about not liking something? Why does not liking gays make one afraid of them? Why is hating someone for your reason morally better than hating someone for another persons reason?

The OP is talking about lives being taken in the most hideous of ways and all your thinking about is oil independence.. ugh

No I am explaining yet another unintended consequence of being so tied to every country in the world for critical economic things. It makes us impotent abroad to prevent any human rights abuse. I am on your side likely about human rights abuse, but we have to tolerate this because we need the oil. We have to tolerate the opium in afghanistan to have any hope of winning. We have to give china most favored nation trade status while they do unspeakable things because we need their manufacturing.

Im trying to point out that the social and economic are related.

When you use the word homos, you give away your attitude. I don't dislike people that dislike gays, because often time when they get to know gays they no longer have those attitues. I dislike their 'attitude' about gays because it's irrational and emotional and leads to more ugly words being exchange and violence toward a group that has never done anything to the person doing the violence, verbally or physically.

Yes my attitude about this behavior is definately and deeply emotional. And yes i do tend to take it personally that people like me are so hated some would kill us to make their own lives more livable and in the name of Gods I have never even seen, nor have they.

Not liking gays is not the same as not liking a sport or a table, we are talking about human beings, not objects.

I am not understanding why we must tolerate this due to oil. But I also don't share the view that we should have no connection to the world outside our own country. I never understood giving china most favored nation status either. I do think the more isolated we are from other countries the more slowly we evolve as human beings.

I do not know the answer to this, I wish I did. I can only empathize with those who's lives are so fragile due to the rigid religious views of many human beings. It's very sad indeed. The more diverse we are as a country the more we are forced to face our prejudices and change comes slowly but surely.

no photo
Sat 09/26/09 09:16 AM
I think it's slightly strange of us to examine Islam and it's abuses with out discussing Christianity and it's abuses down through history. Because we can not legally kill homosexuals in this country doesn't mean we don't make their existence as unpleasent and the religious right wants to make sure the inequality continues, but we focus on Islam? Why? Our attitudes are no better.