Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Thu 11/13/14 07:20 PM
I didn't delete it, a moderator informed me it was in the wrong forum and had me move it here?

Nope didn't lose my password, just haven't been here in 2 years.

no photo
Thu 11/13/14 06:36 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/382694/the-real-keyboard-cat/

Ok ok, it's cute. But odd... grin".

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:37 PM
happy

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 05:13 PM

The only thing that would concern me is that if he is running for congress, I'd want to know if he was really trying to bribe his boyfriend. I don't see that as a character quality I'd want in a congress man gay or not.

But who knows he admitted to being gay so it's possible his enemies will use that to discredit him.

You would be surprised, shocked, disappointed and outraged if you knew what your congressmen and senators have done in the past to get where they are.

I might have been shocked 40 years ago but nothing shocks me now. lol

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 11:10 AM
The only thing that would concern me is that if he is running for congress, I'd want to know if he was really trying to bribe his boyfriend. I don't see that as a character quality I'd want in a congress man gay or not.

But who knows he admitted to being gay so it's possible his enemies will use that to discredit him.

no photo
Wed 01/06/10 07:16 PM

They aren't retiring because they are going to lose.

That is so what..

You reading minds again? :tongue: Take it easy, I just asked.

no photo
Wed 01/06/10 09:53 AM
Six Republican senators, in Florida, Ohio, Missouri, New Hampshire, Kansas and Kentucky, are not running for re-election in 2010.

So what?

no photo
Tue 01/05/10 09:59 PM

I always tell people, one of the greatest, most freeing things I did in life was set down religion.

I take full and utter responsibility for what I do in life to myself and others
I don't have to try to be superior to others with the mythology of old men nor wish hell on those who do not believe.
I don't have to look to others for my morality.
I don't have to believe in an evil force using me to fight an imaginary battle with another force supposedly good.
I don't have to believe that I am some uncontrolled animal without religion.
I REALLY do have free will, not the illusion taught in religion
I can look at the progression/regression of man because and around religion objectively without reverence for one over the other.

My spirit has been so full of life and appreciation for life since I freed it.

Could not have said it better. Took me a while to let it go, but when I did it was the best thing I ever did. I agree with the Original post.

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 06:22 PM

A post about Uganda killing homosexuals with HIV turns into another debate about why homosexuality is right or wrong..

There are far more pressing concerns right here.. Unless you can do something about Ugandan law, what is the point?

Gee, I haven't heard something that insensitive in a least a full 8 hours. I could have gone another 8 hours with out hearing how trivial the death of a human being at the hands of another human being is. I personally believe if the only thing one can do is to stand up against such things, then that is the point and is a pressing concern. As I post around the internet I am still amazed at how inhumane and shortsighted people can be in their views.

MsHarmony, I can't say that I understand you at all, your last remark was as offensive as others, and I think at this point I am so drained by this topic I just have no more fight in me. And again your position is quit convenient because you are not required to really give up anything significant for your religious views. You can fall on the safe side because you are also straight. No quite fair is it.. but that's life at this point in time.

I'll not let those views keep me from spending the last possibly 2 decades of so of my life without the very person I love and cherish, simply because she is a woman and not a man. Sad that we let an ancient people's prejudices dictate the only life we have.

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 02:53 PM

Quote Msharmony: Yes, I am saying I believe homosexual sex to be an inappropriate sexual choice, ranking with adultery and sex with family members and sex outside of a marriage.

Wow, not sure what to say to that.

Inappropriate for you, considering your biblical belief system, but hardly inappropriate for me. Being gay is not incest. It really bothers me when you equate homosexuals with such things.

The thought of having sex with a sibling or parent repulses me. And it's not my fault I can not take advantage of marriage, it's attitudes such as these though that keep gay marriage from happening. But I am beginning to think one has to be strictly gay to know just how insulting that is. I will say that I met another bi woman on another site a while back that feels much like you do.

But you can't really speak for someone that doesn't have a built in alternative for societies attitudes. You can just go with men and never have to deal with it.

For me to have the same privileges you do, I must give up someone I have loved for most of my adult life. No God I can't see hear or feel is ever going to dictate the only short life I am aware of. With any luck at all I have at least another 10 to 20 years to live, I won't live it miserably for anyone. It's already been difficult enough not having access to the same things you take for granted. And I'm not even into sex.. lol

The sex outside of marriage thing is a bit strange to me, in my opinion of course. I certainly wouldn't' marry someone I was not sexually compatible with, if I cared enough about sex. I do think humans are obsessed with sex, but again who am I.

If young people understood the dangers health wise of ''both'' straight and gay sex they could engage with knowledge rather than blindly having sex. I think people jump to a sexual experience with a person way to fast, before really knowing the person they intend to sleep with. But who the hell am I to decide if an individual is ready or not.

I've been in this sort of discussion so much now that I am actually finding it difficult post about the topic anymore, after a while it gets just plain frustrating.

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 12:15 PM

Msharmony, It 'is' a lot of pages to go through, and maybe I'm not using the right word, but one minute I would find you empathetic and the next condescending and demeaning and religiously self righteous.

You are both gay and straight, msharmony, there's not way around that. Forget the act. It's convenient that you still have someone to share physical expression after giving up acting on the side of you that is gay due to your religious beliefs. Maybe some how you think being so called BI, you are excused from the same kind of ugly attitude gays are subjected to by a majority in the population.

If a gay person doesn't act on it, they don't have the alternative that you do. You think people should not act on it, that's easy to say when you can still have that physical expression with men. I know I am butchering this explanation but it's hard to describe how I feel about your comments.

I realize it's difficult to relate to gays for some people, but it's not impossible as you see by those are are capable of it, with out being gay themselves.

In one post you talk about empathy, yet you say your 'standards' prevent you from acting on it.. I admit I have trouble with that as empathetic, it's more condescending to me.

I'm not putting you in the same category as Fanta, his attitude is much more angry and final just short of killing. If there was no aversion to killing off people we can't relate to I believe he might find favor with the laws in Uganda. Sounds harsh but I can't help but get that feeling from his words.

I tend to be more offended by your words than by his, because you have some idea of the strength of attraction, you know that attraction is literally a part of you whether you act on it or not. But because of religion you believe it's wrong, just lucky for you that you have an alternative and need not spend a life time expected to never share physical intimacy with another.

Again convenient for you, not for those who identify strictly as gay. Others would have to be forced to have an attraction they just don't have. You should look into the techniques some of these Cure people use on gays to make them straight. Nothing short of brainwashing. You and others, because of your faith, condemn gays to a life time with out benefit of physical expression. I don't think you and others have any clue just how imprisoned gays really are even when they are out of the closet.

The prohibition of homosexuality started with the church, it hardly matters if an individual who is not religious also believes being gay is wrong, it still originated from the church ... a group of PEOPLE.

It doesn't' even occur to people that others in history and in religion were antigay. It's not surprising it would find it's way into history books written by guess who? PEOPLE! People often have not changed in their prejudices with the passage of time. How very convenient to say the book is inspired by god that no one has the right to question it's authority.

So convenient in fact that it condemns a group of people for the life of this world. Blacks we lucky they escaped the condemnation and slavery in the bible. Women for the most part have escaped the subjugation of the bible, but not gays. How interesting. Guess we still need some one to measure ourselves by. The church over time has lost people because of the contradictions, but imagine if gays were accepted in all of society. The church would have a hard time explaining the very thing they are most set against. I'd say that they would fear losing control. I find that pretty obvious.

I know I probably didn't explain this well but hope you got something from it.

Thank you for replying. I have searched these twelve pages today looking for where I was inconsistent and waiting for some help because I just couldnt find it.

I apologize if my words offended, I enjoy our dialogues. I make a point throughout these threads to use the words WE and to include myself in many of my opinions so as NOT to be condescending. I find issue with the attitude of alot of people that people should EXPLORE their sexuality by acts that are potentially harmful but that a suggestion of THERAPY instead of sexual exploration is condescending. Imagine if someone that was a sexual addict, felt it would be just as useful to continue sleeping around as it would be to seek therapy to find out WHY they felt the need for so much sex.

Perhaps I could add another belief that would clear things up. I feel sex, aside from the means by which we survive as a species, is 90 percent of the time an effort to REACH out for some connection or fill up some hole. I feel there are many alternate ways to accomplish this besides sex. If I found myself in an environment with nothing but married men, I believe I could abstain from that contact and find other ways to be fulfilled, but that is just me. I dont feel sexual physical contact is a NECESSITY in life and I realize this makes me somewhat of an ogre, but that is ok, and it possibly shows where my opinions are not condescending of anyone but from a point of seeing everyone as capable of control without doing damage to their quality of life or love.

As I look around, I know many gay people who have kids,, this suggests to me there isnt such a STRICT predisposition to any sexual interest but that , like any part of the personality it can change. Whether or not it SHOULD be changed is up to the individual. But I know there are many people who use sex, straight and gay, as a mask for something else. These are the people I speak of when I suggest therapy as a good option. For those who fill fulfilled in their sexual choice,,I wouldnt suggest such therapy.

I also love the dialog and appreciate that you can keep it civil, however I still don't think we are on the same page. I have been strictly celebate for over 30 years. I know absolutely that it's possible to be with out sex and have a great life. It's also possible to be a couple in a celebate relationship, I know because I am in one that has lasted 26 years and we still love eachother as deeply as we always have. I will come back to this later and explain where I think we still might be missing eachothers' point. And again thanks for being civil.

On thing thought, by saying you have a problem with exploring ones sexuality with actions that can be harmfull I hope you are including straight sexual acts. I think that harmful word is condesending, it's like saying we aren't smart enough to know how to explore safely. I admit that I take that a bit personally even if I shouldn't.

I might agree that young people do dangerous things with out thinking, this is why sexuality should be an open discussion with young people, more are having sex younger as the decades go by and we still have so many hangups about it we fear teaching them.

It's all our faults for allowing our hang ups to prevent teaching children what is safe and what is not. And both forms of sexuality are dangerous if your ignorant.

Personally I would like to see all straights and gays be celebate until they are at least 30 years old, theres are valuable lessons in celebacy having nothing to do with religion. Taking the focus off our genitals and learning about eachother first is healthy, but I live in the real world were many parents don't talk to their kids and the last thing they would take about is gay sexuality, so if their kid is gay where the hell does that kid go, he can't go to his parents, and teachers are hamstrung by the parents in what they teach. So to me society is to blame for it's ignorance of reality and facts.

Back later

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 11:28 AM
Msharmony, It 'is' a lot of pages to go through, and maybe I'm not using the right word, but one minute I would find you empathetic and the next condescending and demeaning and religiously self righteous.

You are both gay and straight, msharmony, there's not way around that. Forget the act. It's convenient that you still have someone to share physical expression after giving up acting on the side of you that is gay due to your religious beliefs. Maybe some how you think being so called BI, you are excused from the same kind of ugly attitude gays are subjected to by a majority in the population.

If a gay person doesn't act on it, they don't have the alternative that you do. You think people should not act on it, that's easy to say when you can still have that physical expression with men. I know I am butchering this explanation but it's hard to describe how I feel about your comments.

I realize it's difficult to relate to gays for some people, but it's not impossible as you see by those are are capable of it, with out being gay themselves.

In one post you talk about empathy, yet you say your 'standards' prevent you from acting on it.. I admit I have trouble with that as empathetic, it's more condescending to me.

I'm not putting you in the same category as Fanta, his attitude is much more angry and final just short of killing. If there was no aversion to killing off people we can't relate to I believe he might find favor with the laws in Uganda. Sounds harsh but I can't help but get that feeling from his words.

I tend to be more offended by your words than by his, because you have some idea of the strength of attraction, you know that attraction is literally a part of you whether you act on it or not. But because of religion you believe it's wrong, just lucky for you that you have an alternative and need not spend a life time expected to never share physical intimacy with another.

Again convenient for you, not for those who identify strictly as gay. Others would have to be forced to have an attraction they just don't have. You should look into the techniques some of these Cure people use on gays to make them straight. Nothing short of brainwashing. You and others, because of your faith, condemn gays to a life time with out benefit of physical expression. I don't think you and others have any clue just how imprisoned gays really are even when they are out of the closet.

The prohibition of homosexuality started with the church, it hardly matters if an individual who is not religious also believes being gay is wrong, it still originated from the church ... a group of PEOPLE.

It doesn't' even occur to people that others in history and in religion were antigay. It's not surprising it would find it's way into history books written by guess who? PEOPLE! People often have not changed in their prejudices with the passage of time. How very convenient to say the book is inspired by god that no one has the right to question it's authority.

So convenient in fact that it condemns a group of people for the life of this world. Blacks we lucky they escaped the condemnation and slavery in the bible. Women for the most part have escaped the subjugation of the bible, but not gays. How interesting. Guess we still need some one to measure ourselves by. The church over time has lost people because of the contradictions, but imagine if gays were accepted in all of society. The church would have a hard time explaining the very thing they are most set against. I'd say that they would fear losing control. I find that pretty obvious.

I know I probably didn't explain this well but hope you got something from it.

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 03:23 AM

WOW, you were right, "Conservapedia" which is a RW religious nutbag site (for the reality challenged) had this to say of "gay".

"The gay life consists of immoral sexual activity, particularly homosexual or bisexual."

What do you expect?

The Christians to change the word of god just to appease the homosexual movement?

Reality man. It's not going to happen.

Any more than gays should change to appease the religious movement or agenda. It's not going to happen.

We're even.. :wink:

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 02:56 AM

WOW, you were right, "Conservapedia" which is a RW religious nutbag site (for the reality challenged) had this to say of "gay".

"The gay life consists of immoral sexual activity, particularly homosexual or bisexual."

all life consists of imoral activities,,sexual and otherwise. I dont agree with right wing that homosexuals are any more 'deviant' than any other unmarried fornicator(myself included). I am just of the belief that sex between the same gender is wrong,, the same as I feel about incest(who wants an uncle dad or an aunty mom?), the same as I feel about pedophilia(who wants their stepmom to still be in high school?), the same as I would feel about beastiality(need I even clarify the oddity there?).

Not sure if anything in the bible covers any of these things, but I (along with others religious AND non religious) just have a conscious that says these are inappropriate relationships.

Your post is full of contradictions sentence to sentence, and here again also you equate being gay with incest or child molestation, and now add beastiality...but I am sure you will deny that with more cryptic ramblings.

I agree, I wanted to say something to msharmony about that, glad you meantioned it. Msharmony, you realy aught to go back and read all of your comments. I have been most frustrated by them because one minute you say one thing, then the next another. I'm not trying to start something with you. But it's pretty clear that your religion has much to do with your contradictions.

no photo
Fri 10/30/09 12:13 AM

I don't know why some folks have such a hard time understanding this one. You'd think one would not have to be gay to get it.
i'm not gay, and i get it.

:wink: I should have worded that better. I really meant that for those that are straight and don't understand what this bill meant.

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 11:53 PM
I don't know why some folks have such a hard time understanding this one. You'd think one would not have to be gay to get it.

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:55 PM

Corporations such as Tyson, Del Monte, Swanson.
They hire Illegals all the way from pickers to processors.
There is still a big influx of Illegals into New Orleans. American workers and Legal Migrant workers could be doing the rebuilding.
What Corporation holds most of the big rebuild contracts there?

When is Obummer going to secure our borders??

What do ya' get when Illegals are given Amnesty?

We get to stop hearing about illegals constantly and endlessly.

Ya' know. Instead of not adding to the topic and your attacks, you could just participate in topics you enjoy.

Where's the attack? I answered the question in the title. :tongue:

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:35 PM

..since the onslaught of cell phones ,pay phone are going by way of the dinosaur..but one thing i will say i've noticed is how quickly people put others down for getting some type of assistance from the government without knowing their INDIVIDUAL circumstance another generalization i suppose..but i will have to say that alot of them seem to be just as quick to tell someone to get a job..but not as quick to offer one..
..i suppose another way of writing off the next guy..but might i remind some to the fact that alot of "normal" families have fallen on hard times due to the latest real estate debaucle/ripoff..and one could have easily have been them ...
..but i will so much as say that as times get harder alot more people will find themselves in need of assistance..i just hope they are met with an open heart and more compassion than i have witnessed coming from alot of peoples comments..for

..if not for the grace of god there go i.....

drinker

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:29 PM
No surprise here.

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:22 PM

Number one answer;

A demand for more Illegals.

Corporate America doesn't want Legal Workers. Legal workers have rights. Taxes, Workers Comp and SS has to be paid for them.

What do ya' get when Illegals are given Amnesty?

We get to stop hearing about illegals constantly and endlessly.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25