Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 05:44 PM

I feel bad for Bush, people will always find something negative to label others with. I do hope i will live to see the legacy and END of this so called war though.

Feeling bad for G.W. Bus ?.
How many millions of lives did he destroy ???!!!.
Damn.....some folks are deaf, dumb and blind politically . And the tragedy is they never return to reality and the truth in front of them....!!!.

THe reality is the world is a much,much,safer place today because of what George bush did.George bush served out more justice to all the countries of victims of terrorism than the worlds courts did in the last 100 years.How many dangerous criminals and terrorist did we capture under him?Some of the most barbaric terrorist resposible for countless bombings over the years dead under Bush.Subway bombings,hotel bombings,airline hijackers and bombings,etc.

Women were in nothing less than slavery in Iraq.The only job position they could hold was a school teacher.Now women are holding high level government positions.

Women in Afganistan are treated less than dirt.Sometimes being executed for simply starring at another man.Women are in modern day slavery due to the Taliban.

There are hundreds if not thousands more postive changes that have come to the middle East due to this war.I look at this war as the United states in taking out the garbage.

You're using sarcasm right????? Because facts are....terrorism attacks have risen 60 percent since the invasion of Iraq. In Iraq, violence rose 80 percent.
have you been to iraq or afghanistan sir? i doubt it, so you have no place speaking on something you know nothing about.
My cousin living in Iraq, who happens to be a woman..would certainly disagree with your assumptions. I take her word anyday over internet blogger.

Amazing huh? No he is not kidding, sadly.

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 05:43 PM

I know Canadians are not the smartest people in the world so maybe someone should tell them that Bush is no longer in power and no longer runs the war.If they want to protest the war they should be protesting a man called Barrak obama who is the countries new president.Then again I guess you could keep doing what liberals do best...cry,complain,and blame someone else for your problems.

True, many Canadians aren't the smartest people in the world...but then again - who elected him twice?
I suspect that it's that kind of bigoted statement that causes the worldwide general dislike of America and in many cases Americans but then again, what do I know...I'm just a dumb Canadian.

I was just a dumb a$$, inexcusable remark, period. But I am considering the source. :wink:

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 05:04 PM
Who is it that really cares what Cheney has to say!

no photo
Wed 10/21/09 10:51 PM

My sister and brother-in-law had to have their pitbull, Jackie, put down when she was 11 years old. They had her since she was a puppy, and she was very well trained.

Then they had their first child, and we were all very nervous at first about how the dog would be around the baby. She instantly seemed to be protective towards her, and Sydney (my niece) adored the dog.

Everything was fine, until Sydney was able to move around more and get into things. One day she reached for one of her toys and we're guessing Jackie thought it was her toy, and she snapped at Sydney. Thankfully my brother-in-law was right there, so nothing happened.

They then paid to put Jackie through some new training thing for pitbulls; they both worked with her a great deal as well.

Then only a few months later, Sydney was sitting watching television and Jackie, out of nowhere, ran at her and tried to bite her. Again, my brother-in-law was close, so was able to get to Sydney first. It was very scary for them... Jackie was literally just inches from Sydney's head.

They went back to the vet to ask what else they could do, and were told since there had already been an incident she would not even be adoptable because she was considered dangerous.

The decision to put her down wasn't taken lightly at all - but there was no other decision to be made. They loved Jackie, but not more than their child.

Sharing this story because, in my opinion, it's one version of truth in pitbulls aggressive nature - that no matter how many years someone owns them, or how great they are treated/trained - at any point they can snap and be very dangerous.

They had that dog for a long time, it was their baby. Dogs naturally become jealous around a new baby. I'd say the dog also picked up on the parents fear, which might have also made the jealousy worse. Too bad they had to put the dog down, though I guess I understand, just hate to hear that. But it would have been difficult to find it a new home at that age, but a rescue might have taken it.. oh well whats done is done.

no photo
Wed 10/21/09 10:35 PM

Could the tattoos and piercings lead to the cutting?

If it did, I'd be cutting and I have never done that.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 09:12 PM

I'm wearing a T-shirt and shorts right now. lol

But but but, that's so gay! :laughing: Sorry, Winx, couldn't resist.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 08:49 PM

I would like to start by saying that I am not intentionally trying to cause trouble on your threads...I do fully believe that you genuinely think this information is accurate but for this one time only, I am going to pose an alternate argument then I promise that I will not post any opinions on anymore of your threads :)

My only objection with the info you posted above is that the vast majority of it was fabricated to create an environment of fear.

The first actual "Flu", vaccine was available in 1957. Dr's did experiment with different poisons and medicines to try and treat the flu for many many years before that (including blistering agents, caffine, strychnine, morphine and bleeding by the application of leaches).
It would be physically impossible for someone to complain to the Secretary of War Henry Stimpson because he died 7 years before the first "flu vaccine", was given en-mass to the troops.

The Spanish flu had an accelerated growth rate because of the massive movement of troops around the world contaminating other nations...I guess you could say that this was the first instance of germ warfare.

I guess to sum up my position, the vast majority of the information you posted from the conspiracy websites who published the articles is just a bunch of fear mongering crap created to scare or bully the rest of the world into following their mantra.

Having said that, I am not saying that people who are opposed to vaccines should start getting them because of my stance on the topic. I just think that people should make informed decisions based on their own research rather then taking verbatim the information contained from lobbyist groups on both sides of the issue.

Okay, I've said my piece - I'm sure many of you will think that I am a complete dick (pardon the expression), but conspiracy theorists drive me just a little nuts.

I'm done now - let the flaming begin :)

No flame here, thanks for the logic. I personally am not going to get the shots, seasonal of the swine flu shot. I did have the swine flu in the 70's but that wasn't suprising considering the work I did then and my exposure. I don't have the kind of exposure now that many do, so I am going to risk it, but I wouldn't suggest that of folks that work around a lot of people etc.

I appreciate the non fear mongering..

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 08:26 PM

America is a libral country face it. Two landslide elections were the republicans lost it all. It was a political tsunami. America has allwaysbeen liberal from the new deal to freedom of the press. except for under Bush, america has pushed for human rights throughout the world. flowerforyou

Nice try, but the only way the modern version of liberalism has been winning in most sections of this country has been to run as conservatively as they possibly can without completely flipping out their left-wing kook base. Once they secure their election by playing the electorate for complete and utter fools, then they can safely return to their extreme liberalism, and rely on the various protections that incumbents enjoy, especially from their buddies in the allegedly "unbiased" media.

Thats a great point.The media stopped at nothing to exploit every rumor or dig up any dirt no matter how small on the Republicans.Anyone remember Sara palin and how they smeared her family.I don't mind news on people good or bad but there is no doubt the media went out of their way to exploit the the Republicans and only gave positive praise to the Democrats.Remember how Obama's ties with former domestic terrorist got swept under the rug.Reverned right and his church.His ties with Acorn.Not so much as a mention in the back page of the paper on these issues.Even as I type this the Liberal media has not made so much as a peep on Obamas failure to go to the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall or refusal to meet with the Dali lama.

Geezuz, does Rove ring any bells for you. Try pretending the conservatives didn't do ever sleazey thing they could think of to get Bush in the white house. The rest is Palin channeling again.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 07:50 PM

I see nothing wrong with the way she chose to dress. I highly doubt her goal was to look like a boy, she just felt more comfortable in a tux than she did in a dress. My mom is 52 and has never once worn a dress in her life. Jeans and T-shirts, when we would go out, she would wear jeans and a nice blouse or a sweater. She didn't even wear a dress to my sisters wedding.

I should point out that my mother has been handicapped since she was only 28, she only has one leg and a broken back, whcih I would figure would make a dress more comfortable.....Not gonna happen lol

Lot's of women prefer jeans and t-shirts, that's all I will wear too. I just think she's got courage to stand up for what she wants, especially when the public is going to put her through the ringer. Year books are notoriously boring, it would be nice to see one with some imagination for a change. It's their photo, let them be seen how they wish. JMO of course.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 06:58 PM

"The majority of Americans have conservite values,practice Christiany,and support the military."

Hmm....that sounds like Democrats to me. All of the ones that I know have values, practice Christianity and support the military.

laugh Winx you never amaze me with your thinking which is largely optimistic and delusional a great deal of the time.We really don't need to dig up all the hundreds of Anti military,Anti Christian,and Anti American bills to see if a Democrat or Republican is behind them do we?Come on now frustrated

I go to church with Christian Democrats that have values and support the military. Everybody that I know supports the military.

My family and friends are mostly Christian and have values and support the military. My city's majority religion is Catholic and is majority Democrat.

What Winx, Don't you know the only true americans, true millitary supporters and true christians are conservatives? Thomas is channeling Palin today...:laughing:

Boo,

I don't know one single person that doesn't support the military.

I don't know any Democrats that don't have values.

I think that we all are true Americans - all religions included.

There are no values like Thomas's values. You won't convince him, I wouldn't even try.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 06:51 PM

"The majority of Americans have conservite values,practice Christiany,and support the military."

Hmm....that sounds like Democrats to me. All of the ones that I know have values, practice Christianity and support the military.

laugh Winx you never amaze me with your thinking which is largely optimistic and delusional a great deal of the time.We really don't need to dig up all the hundreds of Anti military,Anti Christian,and Anti American bills to see if a Democrat or Republican is behind them do we?Come on now frustrated

I go to church with Christian Democrats that have values and support the military. Everybody that I know supports the military.

My family and friends are mostly Christian and have values and support the military. My city's majority religion is Catholic and is majority Democrat.

What Winx, Don't you know the only true americans, true millitary supporters and true christians are conservatives? Thomas is channeling Palin today...:laughing:

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 09:08 AM

Seriously.. No offense Atlantis, but we are not a part of the earth community, not yet, other than the fact that we exist in it.

How often do you have gays sharing their personal problems with you? I would say rarely, no?

You assume too much Winx. My uncle brother is gay.

Atlantis, you're replying to Boo and not me, Winx.flowerforyou

Ya, sorry Atlantis, it was me that made the assumption though it was a question at the same time. I do acknowledge that some family members have had such conversations, though from my experience it's rare in relationship to those that have no such relationship, including myself. I was referring more to just straight friends. Many gays don't live close to family, and like me they are often astranged from family members because of the fact that we are gay.

But in the end you were right, I was assuming and can't know how much things have changed since I was in his position. I don't see a whole lot of change from my point of view, so I can definately be wrong.. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 08:04 PM

That's a girl? shocked

You can't tell she's a girl?

no looks like a boy to me, she's achieved her goal right?

Actually she looks alot like Olympic Champion, Mary Lou Retton when she won in 1984. She was quite boyish herself. The goal is not to be a boy, the goal is to dress they way she feels most comfortable.

If a model or famous singer dresses in a tuxedo, and we say nothing about it, yet if a gay girl want's to wear one we have a problem with it.

I know straight women that look as boyish as she does and they aren't gay.

I dress the same way and have never wanted to be a man. I mean think about it. Do you go hiking or camping in a dress? Or climb in a heels? Probably not right? Do you sleep in makeup? So I have to wonder why it would that be a big deal? Not being sarcastic just asking.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 07:35 PM
No, just bored with the constant assumptions about Obama Voters.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 06:19 PM
Edited by boo2u on Mon 10/19/09 07:06 PM
A&E tonight is having a show on Pot city, USA. Documentary 2009 Law enforcement officers in Humboldt country California, go after marijuana growers. Interesting story.

So far this story shows that legalizing it for sick folks is being taken advantage of. A whole town is transformed from a friendly low crime place to a dangerous place to live for ordinary folks because people rent large homes to grow it for sale for other purposes other than the sick who need it.

They destroy the homes they rent. They have many guns and dogs to protect the homes but rarely are seen in the homes until late at night, with lots of traffic in and out after dark. Which scares the heck our of neigbhors. I can't say I blame the towns people who are forced to leave thier homes and their once tranquil town.

The electric company is taking in huge sums up to 5000.oo per month from these illegal grow houses, that use large quantity of energy. the electric company gets this money in cash, so the police fear they are complicate in this practice.

Growers ruin the houses, often leaving them trashed and unlivable, landlords raise the rents that regular people can't afford anymore. And if they stay in their homes they can't go outside in their yards with out smelling pot. Home owners, often join in rather than do the right thing, getting huge amounts of money renting to the growers. This is the side affects of dumbass laws.

A young man that writes about the abuses of the growers says that the growers themselves are against legalization of pot. I thought that was strange until he explained that that is their living and they are making money hand over fist, of course they don't want it legalized.

I think one day just like alcohol it will be legalized when we are tried of the cartels and the illegal growers and their brand of terror.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 04:31 PM
Tiresome BS politics as usual. You'd think people would be hip to this type of nonsense by now. I'll vote despite the nonsense, and I won't be influenced by obvious crapola.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 04:10 PM

You cant blame a dog for protecting his family. Its just the jaw strength of "pits" that give them this vicious title. I think the attacks of small dogs is much greater, but they dont do any real damage.

The bad thing is... the leaders of the ban, have never owned a pit before. Its almost like racism. Get to know "someone" before you make a blanket ban of anyone or anything. Dogs are like kids.. they are what they learn to be. Teach them violence and they will be violent. Love them and they hopefully will love you back.

I see where you are trying to go with your post but, the main difference between your argument of racism is that these dogs (Pitbulls) are agressive by nature. Yes, some owners have a certain element to teaching them to become nasty but, after it is all said and done it's the dogs nature to attack. The dog should be banned they serve no purpose at all except for fighting...

All dogs as most living things have that survival instinct. I had a pitbull and he was very docile. Now if he felt I was threatened he'd scare the pants off ya, but never bit anyone.

UGH...you again ;)
Yes, and I also know a few but "overall" they are agressive by nature and serve no purpose. Put them down and/or ban them from the states

So are many human males agressive by nature, should we ban them too?

I think I'd prefer to keep the pit's at least you can train them easier.. Ok just messing with ya. But pits are not the only dogs capable of agression.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 03:33 PM
I has to take one hard core selfish S.O.B to deny someone dying of some horrid disease, to not allow them relief of that suffering.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 02:35 PM

The worst thing you can do is, to think that you are some member of a community separated from everybody else who feel like they are different somehow, because of the sexual preference.

You are not the member of the gay community, you are the member of the Planet Earth community.

The worst thing you can do is to think in "groups" of people packed into different communities and somehow they are different that would limit your freedom and somehow would limit you from contacting others or have a discussion because they are somehow "different".

Again, don't listen to comments that would make you feel like you supposed to rely on some sort of a support that could only come from people with similar preference.

I know and knew plenty of gays and once they realize the fact, that sexual preference does not matter when it comes to social life other than partnership and sex, they felt a lot better.

Of course, I'm not gay so I can no offer real solution regarding gay partner finding, but it seems like your problems are a lot more deeper than sexual preference.

Seriously.. No offense Atlantis, but we are not a part of the earth community, not yet, other than the fact that we exist in it. We are not included as much as we are excluded in most places, and that is the reason for gay communities. But then you have to be close enough to a gay community for it to be useful.

In my new home there are very few out gays, it's a very isolating feeling if you have no family or gay friends. Straight Friends are great but nothing like a supportive community of both gays and straights.

As a straight person you can find friends and partners in almost every place you can imagine. Gays don't have that, unless they live in a gay community like San Fransisco.

How often do you have gays sharing their personal problems with you? I would say rarely, no?

Straights for the most part can not even imagine the isolation gays feel, especially older or middle aged gays.

Sabore, I understand what you are feeling, I've been there a least a couple of times in my life, though not for long thankfully.

I'd say your best bet is to move closer to a gay community, find companionship, then find friendship, then worry about a partner. I would run AWAY from your profile even if I was not depressed. If you are looking for something from a dating site, check out people's profiles and see what I mean. Ask yourself if you would date some of these folks, then tailor you own profile toward something more positive.

Write down what you want in another person. Then become that.

In your state of mind, you are more likely to find what you are not looking for rather than what you really want or even need. Not sure this made any sense but hope it might inspire you to think more about what you can realistically expect from your current environment or think about making life changes to bring about what you seek.

I will be interested in hearing other gay's thoughts on this as well.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:57 AM

How sad that the school demands conformity and discourages individuality. This is, sadly, the model for government schools throughout the ages. :tongue:

Schools have always demanded conformity...and discourage individuality. Much easier to control if all are the same...

Good thing for the world there will ALWAYS been those who choose to step out of the line and unfold their arms. I did and my sons did..

Yupper, in the end its all about control. Heaven forbid someone show the courage to be who they are and not what society expects of them.

We have no come so far after all.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25