Community > Posts By > boo2u

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:29 PM

:smile: In 45 states insurance companies want to force women to be sterilized before they will provide coverage:smile:

Oh my god, i heard that today, a woman testifying to congress that her insurance company said they would help her if she was sterilized. Oh sure we have the best system in the world, right now. Ya right..

You have got to be kidding me.:angry:

Nope heard it loud and clear.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:28 PM

With all the talk of health care reform, I thought it might be interesting for folks to post some real-world ridiculous health care cost you have seen on an actual hospital or medical bill.

Example (fictional):

Fifty bucks for two aspirin during my over-night stay in the hospital.

I have heard many exclamations over the years from relatives or friends that have either been in the hospital, or had to under-go certain medical testing procedures.

Here's one real-world example... my mother was sent by her regular physician to a podiatrist. The podiatrist recommended she get some special insoles for her shoes. She ordered them at his request. When she got the bill, the insurance company refused to pay for them, and she was sent a bill for $400 for two insoles.

Later, she found the very similar product in a mail order catalog... for $9.95... and she said the one's she bought from the mail-order company fit her feet much better than the ones specially fit and ordered by the podiatrist.

She has no recompence or way to get her money back for the $400 she spent in the medical system.

Perhaps you have heard of some ridiculous medical bill or story?

Rather than arguing health care issues here (as in current events, etc...) simply tell us your ridiculous health care expense story.

Telephoneman.

$2000.00 a month, not covered by insurance, for my MS shots is the worse for me

I will never ever understand why in this day and age medicine has to cost that much money.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:26 PM

:smile: In 45 states insurance companies want to force women to be sterilized before they will provide coverage:smile:

Oh my god, i heard that today, a woman testifying to congress that her insurance company said they would help her if she was sterilized. Oh sure we have the best system in the world, right now. Ya right..

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:24 PM

Let's see, this is a true story from last month. My insurance got screwed up, and thus denied initially (thank god it has been fixed since and everything back paid by the insurance).

went in for monthly doctor visit for my sons medication. He is on medicine that has to be prescribed every month, it can not be renewable.

15 minutes in the pediatricians office, letting her know the medicine was working properly and get the new scripts written: $130.00

script A: $160.00 (30 day supply)
script B: $160.00 (30 day supply)
script C: $17.00 (30 day supply and renewable three times)

Grand total per month is 467.00 plus tax and service fees

Why does that just seem insane to me. Is it because I am almost 60 and it seems high? I could never ever afford that.

I have a friend that pays a lot less for Blue Cross. She doesn't get much coverage though and has high deductibles. She doesn't have the money to get better coverage though. Our state kicked her off Medicaid when our old Republican Governor said that anybody making over a few hundred a month couldn't get it anymore.

A lady here that works her butt off almost 7 days a week had Signa. Boy talk about a worthless plan she had. She's going to die unfortunately, probably in a year or so. She can't work now, her insurance only covers checking if her problem is worse, but nothing more. It's a horrible thing to witness. She's decided she'd rather not even bother with the check ups, why go there to have them tell her over and over they can't help her. Bastards.. If they won't help her, give her the damn money she has been giving the damn insurers all this bloody time. Makes me furious.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:06 PM

We are talking about conservative right winger Hutcherson aren't we? It's no suprise he might like Rush for his own purposes they share some of the same political views. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hutcherson

In fact many right wing evangelical christians can't stand Obama for obvious reasons. Doesn't say anything About Rush at all to me, just that they share the same views.

boo I understand you don't like Rush but does that make it right for some to spread lies about him?

We are in agreement there, no it is not right. I can't answer for someone else's feelings about the guy though. I can only say that I don't like the things he says about others or the way he says them, those things I have actually seen and heard him say. I can't speak for quotes I am not sure of the source on.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:57 PM

pela has a great point! No one would be talking rehab if it were a man that had done this!! What hypocrasy! what a terrible doub;e standard!! And to what end would need to be rehabilitated? So she could bear another child to torture?

slaphead

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:52 PM

lock her up and throw away the damn key:angry: can you imagine what those babies went through? Oh gosh how horrible.
frustrated

no.. no.. I positively disagree.. she shouldn't be locked away..

she should be dragged to the middle of the street, downtown, with all neighbors, familiy anf friends gathered and television cameras rolling, broadcast to every television in America, made to beg for her life and shot between the eyes.

and I am deadly serious..

hey not a bad idea, first make her ashamed of what she did, hell she probably doesn't have a conscience to feel guilty.

don't these bleeding hearts make you sick.ill what the hell do they propose they do with her. oh my gosh!

I makes me sick to my stomach what this woman did. I can't bare to think about what those kids must have been feeling.

But we are not savages in this country. We are no better than her if we do such disgusting things to her, even if deep inside we think it. And beleive me it already crossed my mind.

perhaps.. but country justice has its place.

as for getting her help, she's waived that privilege as far as I'm concerned..

I've heard many stories about country justice where I live now, and it's as sickening as this story. Many innocent people have died from country justice gone very wrong. Again we are supposed to be civilized in this country, I hope we never see a day when we revert to barbarian practices.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:47 PM
We are talking about conservative right winger Hutcherson aren't we? It's no suprise he might like Rush for his own purposes they share some of the same political views. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hutcherson

In fact many right wing evangelical christians can't stand Obama for obvious reasons. Doesn't say anything About Rush at all to me, just that they share the same views.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:31 PM
Edited by boo2u on Thu 10/15/09 08:34 PM

I am shocked and stunned at the racism in this thread. How can people think this way in the 21st Century...and then malign an innocent man? sick

LOL, you don't do righteous indignation as well as Rush, might not want to quit your day job.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySM63ES8t4U
It's ok for our president to say this?

I don't see how he lied. He said that he went to church maybe twice a month. It could even have been less. He said that the Pastor didn't say anything inflammatory when he was there. That's very possible.
I go to church regularly and that doesn't mean that I hear everything that is said on the days that I'm not there.

Winx he said white mans greed runs a world in need.

Is that racial?

For some reason, I'm not hearing it well. It could be my sickness. I saw the print though.

Honestly, a white man's greed does run the U.S. That's common knowledge.

This is making me curious about the book. I might read it soon.

which book Winx?

Obama's.

I read one of them, actually might have been the only one, can't remember now. but it was a good read. But hey, I'm a liberal.. of course I liked it.. grin

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:18 PM
Edited by boo2u on Thu 10/15/09 08:25 PM

And Rush doesn't know much about the gay community if he thinks that anyway. But he sure knows what religious community likes to hear and it doesn't need to make a lot of sense, just be in line with the rethoric.

=====================================================================
I'm sorry did some one tell you that just because we have become tolarant of queers . that means we like you . NO THATS NOT WHAT THAT MEANT . it just means that you can have sex any way you want as long as you obey the law . we still disrespect you for it but have agree to not hit or beat you for it . you have a really long way to go before we think its right .why would rush or any one else want to know the queer community . sorry . I have no wantings to denie you of your rights but on the flip side of that I do not have a need to understand you either

Wow, you really think I care if you like me, Cashu?
Queer? Your showing you age if your still using that word, but actually I have no problem with it. YUpper, I'm queer, but I also happen to be celibate so you don't get to rag on my sexuality. I wouldn't have sex with either gender. So what's your hang up now?

Yupe it's always about sex the biggest hang up in our society since the beginning. Who the hell is asking for your tolerance, you tolerate me because it's the bloody law, other than that I don't give a hoot what you tolerate and what you don't. I am an adult and my personal life is non of your business. I live by the same laws you do. I don't care what you do with your partner either frankly, why should I. Nor am I hung up about the way you practice sexuality.

So get over it, we've always been here and we will always be here. I also don't give a damn what Rush thinks of Gays but at least get it right if you are going to discuss them.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:08 PM

I don't see how he lied. He said that he went to church maybe twice a month. It could even have been less. He said that the Pastor didn't say anything inflammatory when he was there. That's very possible.
I go to church regularly and that doesn't mean that I hear everything that is said on the days that I'm not there.

Oh geezuz is that what the utube was about? Obama's pastor? We gonna do the whole Palin campaign over again here? I thought we were discussing Rush? Why do we always end up on Obama.. ugh

Yep, it was about Obama's old Pastor.

Oh ya the old association thing. Heaven knows you can't be exposed to the bloody world and still be who you are individually. If I was the very things I was exposed to in the last 50 years I'd be pretty damn scarey.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:05 PM

Winx he said white mans greed runs a world in need.

Is that racial?

For some reason, I'm not hearing it well. It could be my sickness. I saw the print though.

Honestly, a white man's greed does run the U.S. That's common knowledge.

This is making me curious about the book. I might read it soon.

which book Winx?

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:49 PM

Oh geezuz is that what the utube was about? Obama's pastor? We gonna do the whole Palin campaign over again here? I thought we were discussing Rush? Why do we always end up on Obama.. ugh

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:45 PM

lock her up and throw away the damn key:angry: can you imagine what those babies went through? Oh gosh how horrible.
frustrated

no.. no.. I positively disagree.. she shouldn't be locked away..

she should be dragged to the middle of the street, downtown, with all neighbors, familiy anf friends gathered and television cameras rolling, broadcast to every television in America, made to beg for her life and shot between the eyes.

and I am deadly serious..

hey not a bad idea, first make her ashamed of what she did, hell she probably doesn't have a conscience to feel guilty.

don't these bleeding hearts make you sick.ill what the hell do they propose they do with her. oh my gosh!

I makes me sick to my stomach what this woman did. I can't bare to think about what those kids must have been feeling.

But we are not savages in this country. We are no better than her if we do such disgusting things to her, even if deep inside we think it. And beleive me it already crossed my mind.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:31 PM

Not wasting my time with youtube... if you want to tell me what it says great, but I dont' have time to wait for the bloody things to load.

White folk's greed runs a world in need.

Or when he called his grand mother a "typical white person"

Those aren't racial commentsnoway

I can't comment on something I didn't hear him say.

OMG!!!! This made my night!!!!

Thank you so much.

Wow your easy...

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:22 PM

:smile: Allen Keyes is black and he is a major "Kenyan birth certificate believer" guy.:smile:But that doesnt make it legit:smile:

Oh my Allen Keyes and Rush in the same night. I'll have night mares.
bigsmile I love the birthers.bigsmile They crack me up.laugh I wish someone would make a movie like "National Treasure" or "Da Vinci Code" where someone goes on an adventure to find Obamas "real Kenyan Birth Certificate"laugh

Thanks for the laugh, that would be funny.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:22 PM

Not wasting my time with youtube... if you want to tell me what it says great, but I dont' have time to wait for the bloody things to load.

White folk's greed runs a world in need.

Or when he called his grand mother a "typical white person"

Those aren't racial commentsnoway

I can't comment on something I didn't hear him say.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:21 PM

I don't judge Rush for quotes, like I said I dont' care about the damn quotes, I do care about the dumba$$ thing he says in on his radio show though.

Like what kind of things? Wouldn't you have to QUOTE him to answer that question? What has he said on his show...IN CONTEXT...which you have a problem with?

And if you don't find them offensive as I find calling some black guy self-hating, then oh well.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?jss=0

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

Now you need to do the same thing to me you did to Winx?

If you don't recognise the ugly things he says then you must like the things he says. It's not up to me to have to list the thing he says. You said you listen to him then you should know. However if you like the crapola he spews you just might not notice what we do.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 07:14 PM

:smile: Allen Keyes is black and he is a major "Kenyan birth certificate believer" guy.:smile:But that doesnt make it legit:smile:

Oh my Allen Keyes and Rush in the same night. I'll have night mares.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25