Community > Posts By > Pansytilly

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 09:47 AM

i don't see a god to replace... even taking science outa the picture, just logic is enough...

You are your own god moe.
I think even if something were to happen to point towards the existence of God, you'd choose to deny it completely. Leave it either to coincidence or dumb luck.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 09:07 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 09:09 AM
Dp

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 09:07 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 09:35 AM

several reasons why i don't believe in a god... first, i can see how the development of a god came to be in the early people, just an ignorance factor... since they had no kind of science to explain natural events, IE earthquakes, tornadoes, lighting, thunder, etc..., they created a being that controlled these features and acted accordingly... if the god was pissed, one or more events happened, so it developed into an "appease the gods" type thing, so they did things (sacrificing animals and people, doing a dance, whatever) to make the gods happy again, and it just kind of rolled into play from there... over the years, and with the development of a written language, they refined it more and more and with different ideas and different tribes made up different gods...some of the smarter people back then found out if they said they talked to a god, they could control other people and it just took off from there...

---1. i cant really comment on this. There are so many religions and beliefs that cover just a small portion each of what you wrote regarding natural events. Some will look to god/s, some to astrology, some to fortunes like feng shui and numerology, superstitions, dead relatives...etc etc... And many of these beliefs and practices still prevail.

second most religious people don't realize just how big the universe really is, or just how many stars, planets, galaxies there are.. and thats just what we can see of it, i mean we're talking billions of "light years", which is millions of trillions of miles across, in a bubble formation... so i cannot see one being creating all of this...

---2. i actually think this is more a reason to believe in God...

third, i cannot make sense of any religion, or how it changes to suit peoples immediate needs... the "my god is better than your god" attitude is just stupid, and killing in the name of a god is even dumber...

fourth, why religious people seem to think another human would be closer to a god than other humans... the pope shakes gods hand? he really knows god better than everyone else on the planet? priests, Imans, shaws, whatever they call the religious leaders are closer and know more about their gods than the people in their church?

--- 3.You are saying God does not exist because of what people do for their own self-interest?

hardly any of it makes any sense to me...

--- are you looking for answers that make sense to prove God, regardless of people?

1. same difference, people look to mysticism rather than looking at a scientific answer...

2. I don't know what to say to that... umm ok? lol

3. there isn't any one reason why i don't believe there's a god, it's a combination of lots of things, and things i've seen in my life that makes me beleive what i do..
4. i always look for answers to everything, from what i've seen and know, there's no realistic reason for me believing in any god...

Ok. I think i get what you are saying. Science and logic are enough to replace God. Yes?
That would mean the more we grow in knowledge, the less relevant God becomes.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 09:02 AM

i see so admitting to the POSSIBILITY negates anything else i said

?
Umm...no. i misunderstood, is all

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:44 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 09:33 AM

sorry pansy i can't give you yes or no

what i can tell you is after being raised with the multiple contradictions of the roman catholic church i came to see that

i don't believe.

i don't feel it

i don't see it

how ever since i don't claim to know every thing about anything

i acknowledge that god might exist

but i don't care and do not wish to be convinced either

Ok. So you believe that God does exist, he is just not a big deal to you.

reread it i stated quite plainly--- i don't beliebe

how in the world do you read that as i believe in god??????????????????????????????????????????????

Oohhh..sorry...lol
Its that part in the end where you acknowledge God might exist that confused me.
---
So what you are saying is that he might or might not exist, but since you dont beleive either way, it doesnt matter.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:30 AM
Wait, what? ...lol...laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:23 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 08:25 AM

several reasons why i don't believe in a god... first, i can see how the development of a god came to be in the early people, just an ignorance factor... since they had no kind of science to explain natural events, IE earthquakes, tornadoes, lighting, thunder, etc..., they created a being that controlled these features and acted accordingly... if the god was pissed, one or more events happened, so it developed into an "appease the gods" type thing, so they did things (sacrificing animals and people, doing a dance, whatever) to make the gods happy again, and it just kind of rolled into play from there... over the years, and with the development of a written language, they refined it more and more and with different ideas and different tribes made up different gods...some of the smarter people back then found out if they said they talked to a god, they could control other people and it just took off from there...

--- i cant really comment on this. There are so many religions and beliefs that cover just a small portion each of what you wrote regarding natural events. Some will look to god/s, some to astrology, some to fortunes like feng shui and numerology, superstitions, dead relatives...etc etc... And many of these beliefs and practices still prevail.

second most religious people don't realize just how big the universe really is, or just how many stars, planets, galaxies there are.. and thats just what we can see of it, i mean we're talking billions of "light years", which is millions of trillions of miles across, in a bubble formation... so i cannot see one being creating all of this...

--- i actually think this is more a reason to believe in God...

third, i cannot make sense of any religion, or how it changes to suit peoples immediate needs... the "my god is better than your god" attitude is just stupid, and killing in the name of a god is even dumber...

fourth, why religious people seem to think another human would be closer to a god than other humans... the pope shakes gods hand? he really knows god better than everyone else on the planet? priests, Imans, shaws, whatever they call the religious leaders are closer and know more about their gods than the people in their church?

--- You are saying God does not exist because of what people do for their own self-interest?

hardly any of it makes any sense to me...

--- are you looking for answers that make sense to prove God, regardless of people?

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:04 AM

Jump on in! The water looks fine.

____|\__\o/____

Is that a shark or a dolphin? :tongue:

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:03 AM

:banana: :banana: drinker :thumbsup:

Oh, and Mel , the ice cream flavor was "He's Not Worth It" tongue2
Now, im looking for the best tasting vanilla bean flavor...still havent found it. drinks

we have great vanilla beans flavors in Texas...

I always thought the french or madagascar variety were the best ? happy

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 07:45 AM

No, this is not a debate.

Im not looking for a competition between religion and science.
This is not a poll on who believes or doesn't.
Im not seeking to convert or convince anyone of anything.
Im not asking for your philosophy of what morality is nor your definition of what should and shouldn't be.

I only want to find out and understand why some people choose to believe that there is no such thing as God.

Please leave the stone throwing, self proclaimed righteousness, hypocrisy and whatever else demeaning or inflammatory remarks and arguments regarding the matter elsewhere.

I have not yet read everyone else's response before posting my own.

MY reason for no longer believing is...........through my whole life, I have waffled. My Mom took me and my brother to a church of christ every sunday and wednesday when we were very little. My Dad never stepped foot in that church with us (he's the kind who always referred to god as "the man upstairs", if that tells you anything about him). My brother and I stopped attending when we got old enough to say "I don't really understand and don't want to go". I truly didn't understand....maybe it was the peeps IN the church, but I mostly felt scared of god.
In tweens and teens, I attended southern baptist and catholic services with different friends. I didn't like either one of them...again, it seemed like I was simply to be frightened of god and to do what he says or else...no other options.
When I met my Husband, he was a member of his lifelong family church, Methodist. I attended services and learned quite a lot. I was baptised in that church and faith and so was our children. Through the many years we attended and became very active in the church, youth group, food drives, auctions, vacation bible school, etc. We enjoyed, truly enjoyed the fellowship, but Husband and I both waffled in our actual belief of god and our faith.
I personally, have not had a bad or rough life, but my Husband DID. These things made me think and ask questions that no one in the faith could actually answer. All the responses would simply circle back around to "you must love god".....WHY??!! What has he done for me, my husband, our children, other people??
Then, when my Husband died at 49 years old on December 31, 2009 after a 3 day battle with surgeries from a heart aneurysm and he was pronounced brain dead. Right out of the blue...he was gone, absolutely NO REASON...he was healthy except for rheumatoid arthritis, which had no bearing whatsoever on the thing that killed him.
WHY??!!!! IF there is a god.....I WANT TO KNOW WHY??? NO ONE CAN ANSWER that except for "you should love and trust god". Why should I trust him when he has given me nothing.
someone actually had the nerve one time to say "his death was natural"....ok, then everything else in and of my life is "natural" NOT god-made, right?!

I truly don't care to read the responses to this, so I won't. I am simply telling you MY reason for not believing in god.

Ok. I have no intention of belittling your experience.
Mine is more of an objective query as to the concept of God's absolute non-existence.

Im just clarifying...there is a difference between not finding reason to believe in God, and believing that there is no such thing as God.
The first, has not found acceptable answers, the second knows the question does not even exist.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 07:32 AM

I dont see your point.

You just said you do not recognize him by your definition of "godless"
How can you claim to care what he thinks of you when you just said you were godless?

You already said you choose what you do based solely on what you think is right and wrong, without the benefit of recognition of or obedience to God, which essentially negates God's role in your decisions as to what to do.

So how is it possible to care what he thinks if that isnt even part of the equation?

Godless - not recognizing or obeying God.
Or Pansytilly.
I wanted to type it in capitals, but apparently I found out
it means shouting, I dont mean to be ruder than I have been.
I do not know how to make it in bold letters yet, but

or, or Pansytilly.

I told you I am always aware that there is God.
I recognize him.
I choose to not obey God.

Choose not to obey.
Choose not to serve.

Example:
I recognize there is someone who likes me.
Aware that he likes me.
I choose to not like him, because I know
he deserves someone better,
someone who is more like him
in many ways.
Not like me.

Choose not to like him.
Choose not to interact with him.

I respect your God so much that I do not want to give Him a halfbake faith.
If I will choose to have faith in Him. I will do so with all my heart and soul and serve others, not myself.

I cant. I am selfish. I choose to serve myself.

Ya, i get that. And like i said, based on what you wrote, you believe that there is a God, but what he thinks of you doesnt matter to you.
As an analogy -- Its like you having parents...you know they are there, you recognize them, but you choose not to obey, not to like, not to interact, you can't, you are selfish you choose to serve yourself...etc etc...im just repeating what you said...so essentially, you dont particularly care what they think about you, as long as you recognize that there is such a thing.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 07:27 AM

sorry pansy i can't give you yes or no

what i can tell you is after being raised with the multiple contradictions of the roman catholic church i came to see that

i don't believe.

i don't feel it

i don't see it

how ever since i don't claim to know every thing about anything

i acknowledge that god might exist

but i don't care and do not wish to be convinced either

Ok. So you believe that God does exist, he is just not a big deal to you.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 07:24 AM

Just to put my own side of this in:

I did not CHOOSE to believe that there is no God. Had I been able to CHOOSE, I would have chosen to believe.

I DISCOVERED that I did not "see" a god in any of what I experienced here.

And as a long time student and researcher of human behavior, I suggest that you recognize that when asked for explanations, it is very common for people to say what they think they should say, rather than what is actually true.

They aren't lying most of the time, per se, it's more that they are reacting to the various challenges they think they see in the asking of the question, and or trying to get something more from the situation than they have.

Thus some self-proclaimed atheists might say they actively rejected God, as in frustration with the way His people behave, while others might claim atheism in hopes that God will notice and step in to reassure them or "buy them back." Still others will be worried about all the eager people who want to run everyone else's lives as God's self-appointed representatives, and will claim atheism as a defense against oppression.

I see your point.
Human disappointment and great expectations.
Kinda like why some people choose not to believe in love anymore.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 04:29 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 04:48 AM

Right...
So you believe there is a God but you dont particularly care what he thinks of you.

I even care what other people thinks,
even if other people doesnt like me,
how much more if it is God?

I choose to not have faith.
I choose to not serve Him.
I choose to not ask Him to take care of me.
I choose to not ask Him to be benevolent of me.
I choose to manage on my own, because I do not have
the heart (my heart) to give Him Lordship over my life.

I dont see your point.

You just said you do not recognize him by your definition of "godless"
How can you claim to care what he thinks of you when you just said you were godless?

You already said you choose what you do based solely on what you think is right and wrong, without the benefit of recognition of or obedience to God, which essentially negates God's role in your decisions as to what to do.

So how is it possible to care what he thinks if that isnt even part of the equation?

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 04:21 AM

if there was a god , why is there rape , child abuse , murder , etc etc etc
answer
cause of the devil

then why is there a devil if a god/ the god / gods, is all that powerful that he can not take care of that
answer is ? ? ?

why do priest not catch on fire when they do bad things if they are the helpers of god / a god / the god , etc etc etc

main thing that bothers me over religion is all the blood shed that has and will be done over it : (

very good Que

So you mean that God should intervene indiscriminately with what atrocities people do?
Just like the devil should hinder what good people do?
How do you propose either ought to proceed with this?

=---------

Religion is religion and the idealistic notions people inject into it. Im asking about the non-existence of God, per se as professed by some.

well i am not a god so i really dont know
i am jsut a dumb male
but in the religions i have looked in to , they made us , so thought control , or a simple program of how things should go comes to mind
.... or like a video i jsut watched on f.b. where some male was kicking and beating the heck out of a kid and then picked hte kid up and choked him .... him catching on fire , or having major pain , or a simple thought of hey stupid you should not be doing that comes to mind as well

and i said it the way i did cause i didnt want to offend people and was not trying to start a war

or get myself in mingle jail : )

guess i could say most go by what they can touch , hear , see ...but then again lots can hear there gods and talk to them all the time

<shrug>

Haha! :laughing: ok.
People want something tangible. An idol is needed...or such, a substitute for God. I understand that.
But it does not explain why the absolute non-existence of a God.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 03:55 AM
Right...
So you believe there is a God but you dont particularly care what he thinks of you.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 03:49 AM

if there was a god , why is there rape , child abuse , murder , etc etc etc
answer
cause of the devil

then why is there a devil if a god/ the god / gods, is all that powerful that he can not take care of that
answer is ? ? ?

why do priest not catch on fire when they do bad things if they are the helpers of god / a god / the god , etc etc etc

main thing that bothers me over religion is all the blood shed that has and will be done over it : (

very good Que

So you mean that God should intervene indiscriminately with what atrocities people do?
Just like the devil should hinder what good people do?
How do you propose either ought to proceed with this?

=---------

Religion is religion and the idealistic notions people inject into it. Im asking about the non-existence of God, per se as professed by some.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 03:42 AM

Beliefs or their absence are subjective. So beliefs can be contradictory for people as one persons differ from another and that is the basis of pluralistic conceptualizing...

Well, its actually just a yes or no.
Yes there is a God because...
Or
No there is no God because...

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 03:40 AM

]I only want to find out and understand why some people choose to believe that there is no such thing as God.

They choose to believe that coz it's what suits them & its what they've acknowledged & what is right in their view, and they choose to believe that coz it's their life & they can believe as they wish...

Now if you also want to put up a post about why people believe they were abducted by aliens & other things without wanting to argue,debate & blah blah blah then good for you whoa

I guess you believe in God, romeo...otherwise you wouldnt be God's gift to women. :angel:

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 01:48 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Tue 09/29/15 01:53 AM
No, this is not a debate.

Im not looking for a competition between religion and science.
This is not a poll on who believes or doesn't.
Im not seeking to convert or convince anyone of anything.
Im not asking for your philosophy of what morality is nor your definition of what should and shouldn't be.

I only want to find out and understand why some people choose to believe that there is no such thing as God.

Please leave the stone throwing, self proclaimed righteousness, hypocrisy and whatever else demeaning or inflammatory remarks and arguments regarding the matter elsewhere.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25