no photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:07 PM

"Take up your cross and follow me"

spock

drinks

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:06 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 09/19/15 11:31 PM

Sry, didn't get the greater love thing. Can u rephrase?

There is no love greater than to lay down one's life for one's friends

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:05 PM

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself"

What does this mean to you?

To what extent is this possible?

Have you ever been in trouble so deep, that you didn't know how to pull yourself out? Did someone ever come along to help you on your way? Even at their personal cost?

Have you ever sacrificed yourself in order to help someone else in that same situation?

How much can we be accountable for the suffering of our fellows?

hard to say to what extent it's possible. each person has their own definition.
being there for people often makes it easy to be taken advantage of.
yes, I've been in hurt so deep my world was in pieces. yes, I'm blessed there has been someoneto hhelp me in those dark moments.
likewise, I've been there for people in the best way I know how.

yes, I have even been there for people who neither like me nor appreciated it. for me it was about doing what I feel is right.

True...it would be different if it were your children, compared to if it were your parents, compared to if it were your siblings, compared to if it were just friends...etc etc...
Its also different if it were an "ideal" or a "principle" that you are fighting for.

Two more sayings related to the topic :
Charity/love begins at home.
The only necessary thing for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:01 PM

Dying is just a metaphor

What i mean is...
Would i suffer for another, let alone my enemy?

But if it were a friend,
Don't mean too sound righteous
But the answer is definitely YES

People call me PUTERI LILIN ~ membakari diri sendiri untuk menerangi orang lain which translates to the candle princess ~ burning herself for the sake of others

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:59 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 09/19/15 11:00 PM

depends on the situation... since i don't believe in a god, i call it fate, if I'm supposed to help out or not... everything we do now has future impacts, and if i feel that's what I'm supposed to do, then I'll do it.. no rhyme or reason why, just a feeling...

Yes, we can remove God from the equation for your mindset.

Do you think that the golden rule of "love your neighbor as you love yourself" applies to you as well?
Because this is very different from the concept of "do no harm".

One sentiment is that of an active gesture of self sacrifice, the other is a passive-permissive one.

no, i don't love just because i'm told to... it has to be earned... if people are doing it because the bible tells them to, then they are fakes...

sometimes helping someone isn't that, you might be doing more harm to them than good... sometimes people need to learn a lesson, in order for them to not let it happen again... in a sense, not helping people all the time makes them better people...

Well..you cant "love" someone if you dont feel it...how about compassion or empathy, then?
By your post, tough love seems to be the order of the day.

Lets say, for want of a better word....treat someone as you would want to be treated..

in cases of injustice happening to another, the "victim" is usually in no position to defend or protect themselves. And sometimes, by helping the "victim" we can put ourselves in a precarious situation. The "victim" does not necessarily have to be a stranger, it could be a family member, close friend...etc

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:36 PM

I wish.... I had that virtue
Not too sure if I could die for my enemy

Dying for your enemy...is silly...not unless your physical death can bring about their spiritual redemption. If you believe in that kind of thing.

Would you let yourself suffer for the sake of your friends?

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:33 PM

depends on the situation... since i don't believe in a god, i call it fate, if I'm supposed to help out or not... everything we do now has future impacts, and if i feel that's what I'm supposed to do, then I'll do it.. no rhyme or reason why, just a feeling...

Yes, we can remove God from the equation for your mindset.

Do you think that the golden rule of "love your neighbor as you love yourself" applies to you as well?
Because this is very different from the concept of "do no harm".

One sentiment is that of an active gesture of self sacrifice, the other is a passive-permissive one.

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:22 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 09/19/15 10:25 PM

"Love thy enemy"

Mt 5

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 �Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

38 You have heard that it was said, �AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.
39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 ��If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

43 You have heard that it was said, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.
44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 �If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

It is different when you willingly suffer the enmity of your enemy....
....from sacrificing yourself to help another who is suffering in the hands of theirs.

This is the question my topic seeks to find out.

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:12 PM
"Love your neighbor as you love yourself"

What does this mean to you?

To what extent is this possible?

Have you ever been in trouble so deep, that you didn't know how to pull yourself out? Did someone ever come along to help you on your way? Even at their personal cost?

Have you ever sacrificed yourself in order to help someone else in that same situation?

How much can we be accountable for the suffering of our fellows?

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:24 AM

No, not bubble gum. lol The chips will all be in the Cool Ranch flavor, just dyed the rainbow colors for the promotional period.

These will be available for a limited time! Get you collectors edition now!

I'm sure in 100 years, they'll be worth $500 a bag, and likely still edible. lol

Speaking of gay-ifying foodstuff...wonder what will happen to M&M's characters in future commercials...surprised

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 10:14 AM
Just what we need...more preservatives and colorings in junk food...what flavor is it gonna be? Bubblegum?spock

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 08:37 AM
El nino is terrible....
It is suppose to be smack n the middle of the rainy season in our country...and our dams are drying up?!??! grumble

no photo
Sat 09/19/15 07:17 AM
http://youtu.be/E2VCwBzGdPM
What a wonderful world --Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
But they're really saying I love you.

I hear baby's cry, and I watched them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
Yes, I think to myself what a wonderful world.

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:37 PM
speaking of mythical mushrooms...
do you think Mario Bros. was created because of magic mushrooms?

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:32 PM

rofl they should stick with anime with plots like that ^^

lol... that movie actually scared me as a kid...scared

it's like the anti-thesis of Gilligan's island :laughing:

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:30 PM

had a few convos with some people regarding an era of change in our country...so i'm watching the speeches/interview/documentaries made during the time...

http://youtu.be/SQvxDBgp_-A - marcos speech

http://youtu.be/B2S6G-ASI6U - reagan / marcos speech

http://youtu.be/GvYuTpVSI2E - imelda interview USD987 billion

http://youtu.be/j2o3kXRQ1aA - aquino speech LA

http://youtu.be/2DMeZwC5oZY - aquino last phone call

http://youtu.be/eBD4vJS0dPk - aquino last interview

http://youtu.be/hBzuQolq93A - history channel docu 1/5

The last documentary I watched was on the Group NWA (Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy E, MC Ren, DJ Yella and The D.O.C.). It was amazing. This one group really changed the music scene and have influenced most modern artists from Rap to Country to Rock etc. It's a really interesting documentary narrated by Chris Rock and has all of the members of NWA telling their story in the documentary and a few invited guests like Ice-T.

Hell Dr. Dre is now the wealthiest Musician in the world. No bad from a couple of kids from Compton who people were thought were gang bangers. Dr. Dre has also produced songs and albums for some of the biggest non Rap and Hip Hop artists of every genre including Sir Elton John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HoVypBqug

Check out this documentary, it is really good and worth the watch!

i watched it. admittedly, i could not finish it in one sitting...had to take it in small doses.

it is a relatively heavy subject matter. not so much because of the race issues, but the fact that music can affect people's moods and mindsets heavily, and the conflict of creativity vs censorship is a highly polarized issue.

thank you for recommending this flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:22 PM
rofl they should stick with anime with plots like that ^^

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:08 PM

are mushroom rings only found in the british isles?

i don't know of any other culture linking the mythic creatures and magic with mushroom rings.

mushrooms, yes, but not mushroom rings.

the article says France, Iceland and Germany has them... never heard of them in the US, tho...

the ones in africa don't have mushrooms growing in them, just a ring of dead grass...

so it is a uniquely european thing?

we have folklores of mythic creatures using mushrooms as "portals" to their homes or dimensions, but never a mushroom ring.

most of our (US) folklore comes from Indian/Spanish backgrounds, nothing that i know of has mushrooms involved... but yea, that seems like a European thing...

haha! so it would seem that even earth-bound mythical beings have their own cultural differences to deal with tongue2

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:01 PM
can we use a net without bait...wait for fish to naturally swim into it...check for quality control...then throw the undesirables back in the water? :angel:

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 07:59 PM

are mushroom rings only found in the british isles?

i don't know of any other culture linking the mythic creatures and magic with mushroom rings.

mushrooms, yes, but not mushroom rings.

the article says France, Iceland and Germany has them... never heard of them in the US, tho...

the ones in africa don't have mushrooms growing in them, just a ring of dead grass...

so it is a uniquely european thing?

we have folklores of mythic creatures using mushrooms as "portals" to their homes or dimensions, but never a mushroom ring.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25