no photo
Sun 11/29/15 08:50 AM
Eyeroll sound effects****

Mmmhhmmm...mmmhmmmmmmm....

no photo
Sun 11/29/15 08:45 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sun 11/29/15 08:46 AM
Wow...
It wasn't about me, guys...just something of a draft i wrote after having an in depth discussion on ethics, morality and the human condition.

Really appreciate the kind responsesflowerforyou

Keep trudging.:smile: (((((hugs)))))

no photo
Sun 11/29/15 08:41 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sun 11/29/15 08:43 AM

no photo
Thu 11/26/15 07:21 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Thu 11/26/15 07:23 AM
~ bleeding hearts

the red cross facing the eastern sun met the fury of the western wind and was uprooted
it walked thru midnight pass the intersection marked by the hanging tree
where it died
and stayed hidden until resurrection

there were no horsemen
no dragons
no thrones and dominions
no saintly martyrs
or demoniac sinners

there was nothing

there was no love or hate
no apathy empathy sympathy nor grief
or regret
no joy
no laughter
no tears

no

there was nothing
not even silence can profess its identity

the red cross grows weary
hidden until resurrection
away from the throb of defeat
the dearth of merriment
the eyes of discontent
it remains
and continues to darken
the shadow of the noose

no photo
Thu 11/19/15 09:20 PM

Would you still data a guy if he got beat in armwrestling by a female or you.Would you stay with him.

Sure. As long as he meets the other more important criteria of maintaining a good relationship.

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 10:31 PM

((((Pansy)))) miss you .. what an awesome garden you have here pretty lady.. flowerforyou smooched flowerforyou

bigsmile drinker waving

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 10:30 PM
<3

@--,--

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 10:28 PM
Bleh!

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 10:27 PM
Blah!

no photo
Thu 10/22/15 04:47 AM
love

no photo
Tue 10/20/15 10:04 PM

no photo
Fri 10/09/15 05:30 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 10/09/15 05:48 AM
It would be very hard to answer this objectively for a few reasons.

One...political correctness
Two...hypocritical misunderstandings (intentional and non-intentional)
Three...righteous indignation
Four...definition of terms...hate, does God "hate" ? Wrong, "wrong" in what way?
Five...diversified versions and understanding of God
Six...justification of a homosexual perspective and experience (or non-experience) of God
Seven...assumptions. Just like we don't want people to put words in our mouth, i don't want to speak as if I'm speaking for God.
There are probably a few more...lol..

There are some verses in the bible that can point to answers to your questions. It only depends on the reader on how to interpret and apply to life. You'll just have to figure out how much of what you interpret is for your benefit, and how much for God. We can deceive ourselves, but God will not be deceived.

I agree with Frank, there are some people or populations that simply don't like homosexuals, and they don't need religion or God to dislike homosexuals. It doesn't stop some of them to use the bible or any religious text to justify what they feel on their own, and as usual, use the name of God as a scapegoat for their own reasons.

But i am thinking...if everyone eventually became homosexual, we would all cease to exist...lol...but then again, we would probably have made provisions to perpetuate ourselves by cloning and artificial methods of fertilization...drinks

Peace.

no photo
Fri 10/09/15 12:09 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 10/09/15 12:15 AM

God, No God its all a perception based on your life experiences.

This is what i was asking ^^ in the first place. Thats why i said it is not a debate and not a competition and not a spread-your-philosophy thread. To believe or not to believe in God's existence is a choice, based on experiences and conscious decision making.

Where we think we will go after is debatable and a whole different topic.

no photo
Thu 10/08/15 09:47 PM
Tom, it is very wordy and somewhat high-falluting. What is it that you are really trying to say?

no photo
Thu 10/08/15 03:44 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Thu 10/08/15 03:48 AM

they've delved into as well... the difference is that when a scientist ask why, they can find the answers... when a religious person asks why, they are told not to worry about and accept gods gift...
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Chlorophyll

thank you for the high school biology lesson
yes, i know the whole thing involves biochemical reactions of molecules to a spectra of light resulting in molecular reactions that convert isomers/photo-isomers resuting in synthesis of carbohydrate, etc etc...
that is how things work, the question "why" still remains.

Just my own 2 cents. I read the first opening post only because I believbe everyone should be allowed to believe as they see fit.
I wrote this about a year ago on the same subject at a different site.

GOD
Was first and will be the last
Created Everything
Is in everything
Is all powerful
Is All Knowing

YUP!

The UNIVERSE
Is the first thing and will be the last
When it came to be everything that could be created is or was created
Everything ever created is part of the universe
The laws governing the Universe is absolute
Every reality, imagination and belief is the Universe trying to understand itself.

YUP!

You, Me and every other living thing in existence is part of the Universe. Not a separate part but the Universe itself. From the smallest quantum particle to the largest super-cluster of galaxies its all part of the Universe. Everything that happens, is thought or believed is the Universe doing so.

When someone believes there are ghosts, the Universe is believing there are ghosts. Our Dreams are the Universe dreaming. Our Songs are the Universe singing. Our Fears are the Universe fearing. Everything everywhere is the Universe experiencing existence.

Our common delusion is that we are separate from the Universe. We are somehow not "in" it. Our minds refuse to acknowledge this one simple common fact. The Universe is continuing to expand. It is expanding not only in occupied space and matter it is expanding in belief and learning. It is aware of itself because We are aware of it.

Everytime one of us has an idea, a belief or imagine something, the Universe expands to encompass it. The Universe is not just a physical conglomeration of matter, it extends into the concept of the paranormal, psychic and religious beliefs.

Mankind believes the Universe to be about 14 billion years old. We may be wrong but given the evidence so deduced and discovered I think its pretty accurate. It's also believed by observation that it is still growing. It is expanding in all directions at once filling the void that is not Universe. One of those voids is the imagination.

There are things that the Universe can not do. It can not go outside itself. Let me explain. If you try to imagine yourself outside of the Universe. Being part of the Universe the Universe has tried to imagine itself outside of itself. By doing so, the Universe has created an area beyond itself and has therefore expanded to create it.

Is the Universe alive? Well, yes, It is. Life is within the Universe so the Universe is alive. Is Death the end of the Universe? NO. When something dies, wheter it be a particle, a star, a plant or you, The energy is redirected back into the Universe. The essence of your being is reunited with the essence of the Universe.

I watched a segment of The Universe on TV that explained a theory that everything that can be imagined will happen eventually over the life of the Universe. From werewolves to space invaders. It may be billions of years in the future or billions of years in the past.

I'm not attempting to persuade anyone of a belief system. I'm not saying any specific religion or thoughts are wrong. This is my own attempt to make sense of God and Science. Unlike so many people, I can see the connection. I'm just trying to share what I see.

Thanx for reading.

like i said in my original post:

Im not looking for a competition between religion and science.

because my question is about belief in God (or non-belief).

i like the analogy you made:

GOD-----------------------------------------The UNIVERSE
Was first and will be the last/-------------Is the first thing and will be the last
Created Everything/-------------------------When it came to be everything that could be created is or was created
Is in everything/---------------------------Everything ever created is part of the universe
Is all powerful/----------------------------The laws governing the Universe is absolute
Is All Knowing/-----------------------------Every reality, imagination and belief is the Universe trying to understand itself.

God by his very nature is absolute.
Science by its very nature is empiric.

when God is applied to life, it results in religion
when science is applied to life, it results in technology

religion can be used by man to the positive or the negative
technology can be used by man either to the positive or the negative

im sure there are many things in between, but am simply making a distinction.

no photo
Thu 10/08/15 03:21 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Thu 10/08/15 03:21 AM

Perhaps satan has a secret love of nature moe ..there is no evidence he does not appreciate beauty and natural wonders . . Clearly he created apples .. Lmao pitchfork dam .. now I feel like biting into a juicy apple pitchfork

i am simply asking regarding belief in God (or absence of).

why do you keep injecting religion into it?
there are a few terms i found that might help you differentiate.

Antitheism - opposition to belief in a deity (or deities)
Antireligion - opposition to organized religion
Anti-Judaism/Anti-Judaic - opposition to Judaism
Anti-Christian [sentiment (n.)] - opposition to Christianity
Anti-Islamic/Anti-Islamist - opposition to Islam

no photo
Thu 10/08/15 02:36 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Thu 10/08/15 02:39 AM
waving

cute mint^^ bigsmile

flowers

no photo
Wed 10/07/15 07:30 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Wed 10/07/15 07:35 AM

the "one answer fits all questions" answer... that way, you never need to ask any questions,you already know the answer is "just because, thats the way god wants it"... never has to be a rhyme or reason, because god is a mystery... seems like a weak minded, scared persons inability to try to figure it out on their own...

so why does there need to be a magical deity? whats a soul, a spirit? the questions seem to stop when the magical being comes into the answer... so half questions with half answers are good enough for some, but not for me...

The questions "why", and "why not" are ones with infinite numbers of possibilities ( and probable impossibilities)

Are you saying that some people choose not to believe because they have not received satisfactory answers to "why"?

actually, the exact opposite of that... if "why" cannot be answered, some invent a magical being for all the answers to "why" ... why is the grass green? - god did it, doesn't matter why... then someone finally decided to apply some science, and found out it was chlorophyll...

i will say, i was thinking a little while ago about nature and animal - plant interactions, and some i just can't see how they happened.... when a bird eats a seed, it only digests the outer fleshy layer of the seed, where the hard shell is left with the interior intact... when the bird poops it out, it grows into a plant, and the process is started again... i know this is evolution, but i can't formulate a way this happened, like i can with other interactions... it makes a point to a creator, even tho i don't believe it...

that reasoning doesn't make sense...

i mean, even tho chlorophyll is the reason grass is green, the question "why" still applies...chlorophyll could've ended up being brown instead...lol..

yours is an example of how the world works (which science/scientific minds explain and continue to seek to explain), not why it was made to work that way...

no photo
Wed 10/07/15 07:25 AM

As currently defined, the atheist does not believe God exists, and the agnostic does not know if God exists. (Thus the agnostic is actually a timid atheist.)

When the words "I ought to ..." are uttered, then the moral imperative is invoked.

The free choice to make this utterance proves the speaker is a moral person, has conscience, and hence knows the difference between right and wrong.

When the atheist and agnostic say "I ought to", they contradict themselves as claiming to be such.

The Roman Catholic Spanish philosopher named Uanmuno y Jugo said:

"Those who deny God deny Him because of their despair in not finding Him."

thank you for providing that distinction.

i think there will be those disagreeing to the reason Uanmuno y Jugo proposed about denying God.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25