Community > Posts By > Walker001951

no photo
Mon 03/05/18 11:55 AM
Guess you found the meaning of life............

no photo
Mon 03/05/18 11:37 AM
seems that the wonderful basic wisdom of the old songs said it all, living alone or living in a group, love is the answer, someone to love is the answer, who do you love?........

no photo
Sun 03/04/18 03:28 PM
I think it takes a strong personality to be able to live alone on a permanent basis and to resist the temptation to bring in someone, anyone, just for someone to talk to and to eat something different again...having someone to call every day and using the radio and audio books as your friend is good idea....for sure living alone is better than living with the wrong person, even if they are a good cook...:smile: .....

no photo
Sun 03/04/18 02:22 AM
Very interesting replies........for myself, I can't say I have no regrets, indeed I believe regretting that I acted like a jerk at some point in my life, and hurt someone as a result , must surely be a positive thing, if it means I've learnt that being a jerk makes me uphappy....so, instead of justifying my actions I take responsibility for them, I cannot act the same way again...if ever a similar situation should arise ..........

no photo
Sat 03/03/18 12:32 PM
A famous old song insists ' I regret nothing'

Is it possible to live your life without any regret for things said or left unsaid or done or not done?

no photo
Sat 03/03/18 02:19 AM

If you live alone with a certain contact with family/friends..

Advantages and disadvantages living that way are..?

The advantages are things being able to listen to your favourite music anytime, going to bed when you want, always getting to watch what you choose to watch on TV, eating what you like.....:)

the disadvantages are having to eat the same thing day in day out...if I ever open a restaurant it will have one very short menu... coming home to find 3 days washing up still waiting in exactly the position you left it...:(

no photo
Sat 05/07/16 12:41 PM

Conversely, over-population meets a cure.

Well, the end of the human race would certainly solve the overpopulation 'problem' bigsmile

no photo
Sat 05/07/16 11:56 AM

we are all humans, why the divide?

Quite right, the problem is reproduction, we were all born of a female impregnated by a male...if enough people go trans or homosexual, then humans die out, it's not rocket salald

no photo
Sat 05/07/16 11:30 AM
Few achieve wisdom enough to realise how little they know.....( don't bug me, the quote is ancient Chinese, they used an 's' not a 'z'.) bigsmile

no photo
Fri 05/06/16 12:50 PM
Edited by Walker001951 on Fri 05/06/16 12:51 PM

Is it really right to have sex with your close friend

No.if young males and females were natural 'friends' then the human race would have died out even before it began, so, admit to her that you're gay, she'll quickly understand why you two are 'friends' in the first place.

Simples.?

no photo
Wed 03/23/16 03:01 PM

is it because they dig old things? huh

So, the older the wifey gets, the less likely the hubby is to leave her? now that's romantic laugh

no photo
Wed 03/23/16 02:49 PM
A recent survey suggested that Archaeologists tend to have the most long lasting relationships of all professionals, why should this be?

no photo
Fri 03/11/16 02:29 PM
Edited by Walker001951 on Fri 03/11/16 02:29 PM
I saw Joan Collins on TV a few days ago. As always she looked as if she had just spent 8 hours in the makeup room.......everyone was compelled to tell her how great she looked of course, but probably secretly wondered what she really looks like. Another beautiful English actress and Bond Girl from the same era is Honor Blackman, a lady who has gone from looking like a beautiful young lady, to looking like a beautiful old lady. The wrinkles on her face don't detract from her natural beauty, and her china blue eyes still have that effect on an old geezer. I like Joan very much as a person, she's a real character, but, if these two ladies ever turn up at my door with an invitation to sail down to Rio with just one of them, I know which of the two I would choose.

no photo
Tue 03/01/16 12:41 PM
Edited by Walker001951 on Tue 03/01/16 12:43 PM

So, who understands women best, family, friends, the shrink, the hairdresser,other women, soap opera writers, no one ? OR, could it just be men?

My last message went in the wrong place, this may well be a silly question, a bit like asking who best understands the French, but I really enjoyed the many very clever and entertaining replies posted, drinker

no photo
Mon 02/29/16 12:45 PM

think you are doing pretty good spending a lifetime
in trying to understand one woman

her personality, her moods, nuances, the tone of her voice
her facial expressions, the way she stands and looks at you

and of course, she can spend her life getting to know you

:thumbsup:

Well, ask a silly question smokin

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 01:06 PM
Edited by Walker001951 on Sun 02/28/16 01:07 PM
Just what is this question trying to infer? blushing

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 12:59 PM

women understand being a woman best''

however, as women are complex and unique individuals,,those closest to an individual woman, probably know her best

I have a sister, whom I did not grow up with, and so though we are both women and related,,, I'm sure her friends and spouse understand her much better than I do

You are correct of course, the question was never meant to be taken seriously.
All human beings are unique, so someone who talks of 'women' as though they were referring to a single person, or 'men' likewise, is simply being silly.

Some women are just as sexist in this regard as some men are.

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 10:12 AM

I am sure many men in this thread will envy you for that walker :smile:

Really,? smokin well,I can't see why, I don't see myself having any special knowledge or skill. As for the old Casanova 'ART' of seduction stuff, a bunch of red rosesflowerforyou will help, but ONLY if the lady wants you in the first place, if she's not interested, then save ur dough.

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 05:55 AM
So, who understands women best, family, friends, the shrink, the hairdresser,other women, soap opera writers, no one ? OR, could it just be men?

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 05:36 AM
Edited by Walker001951 on Sun 02/28/16 05:43 AM

I'm so proud of you guys for being so evolved!None of you thus far seem to feel that your manhood is threatened when the woman makes the first move in wooing . Yet , in one of the threads where the issue of the woman offering to pay for the date arose, I got the feeling that men were more traditional and conservative in their thinking. I'm interested in the liberal attitude towards women initiating the wooing process versus the more traditional attitude towards women initiating the paying process on a date. Hmmmm...

Peggy, did you really say 'wooing process'? blushing

Where was I? Sorry, you brought an old flame to mind. I seem to have met only women who were direct and to the point.