Community > Posts By > Kings_Knight

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 03:36 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 03:40 PM
Stuff like this is just one of the reasons I have absolutely NO confidence that things will get better if the 'pubs take the House and Senate ... how are we better off if they continue the 'SSDD' policies that we despise coming from 'The UN' and his Communist psychophants ... ? We're not. I'm still waiting to hear something similar to the Gingrich 'Contract With America' from '94 - a short simple list of promises to be kept once they're in power. The fact that 'The UN', Pelosi, and Reid rammed 'DeathCare' down our throats despite the fact that 68% of the American public said 'NO!' to it should be the logical place to start. Promise to REPEAL it. Does anyone hear any 'repeal' noises from the 'pubs? Or even from the Conservatives who are beginning to win races? What about a promise to make permanent the Bush TAX CUTS? What about promises to REDUCE SPENDING? What about a promise to REBUILD OUR MILTARY? I'm afraid that, even if we 'win', we lose ... I'll listen to what they say - but I'll only believe what they DO.

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 03:31 PM
Was that the welcome speech to 'Short Attention Span Theater' ... ? ... Just sayin' ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 11:41 AM

But the Coast Guard can inspect all boats and vessels and crafts in US waters for violations.

But they can NOT inspect foreign-flagged OIL RIGS for safety violations. That's been confirmed for me by a friend who's with MMS.

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 11:36 AM

You would be a fun dinner date King...you eat all the seasfood I will eat all the salad and garlic bread...and we can get smashed on wine! smooched smooched :tongue:

You can have my wine and I can have your crawfish ... see how cleverly I maneuver that situation so that you're the one who gets the wine ... ? Later, I'll let you take advantage of me while I'm all helpless from the crawfish ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 11:27 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 11:31 AM
Right ... and if this poll data leads to unwarranted overconfidence and a too-soon peak before the election, this will be the result ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Es brillig war. Die schlichte Toven
Wirrten und wimmelten in Waben;
Und aller-mümsige Burggoven
Die mohmen Räth ausgraben.

Bewahre doch vor Jammerwoch!
Die Zähne knirschen, Krallen kratzen!
Bewahr vor Jubjub-Vogel, vor
Frumiösen Banderschntzchen!

Er griff sein vorpals Schwertchen zu,
Er suchte lang das manchsan Ding;
Dann, stehend unterm Tumtum Baum,
Er an-zu-denken-fing.

Als stand er tief in Andacht auf,
Des Jammerwochen's Augen-feuer
Durch tulgen Wald mit Wiffek kam
Ein burbelnd Ungeheuer!

Eins, Zwei! Eins, Zwei! Und durch und durch
Sein vorpals Schwert zerschniker-schnück,
Da blieb es todt! Er, Kopf in Hand,
Geläumfig zog zurück.

Und schlugst Du ja den Jammerwoch?
Umarme mich, mein Böhmisches Kind!
O Freuden-Tag! O Halloo-Schlag!
Er schortelt froh-gesinnt.

Es brillig war. Die schlichte Toven
Wirrten und wimmelten in Waben;
Und aller-mümsige Burggoven
Die mohmen Räth ausgraben.

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 11:03 AM

the American combat mission in Iraq has ended. Operation Iraqi Freedom is over, and the Iraqi people now have lead responsibility for the security of their country. Having drawn down 100,000 troops since taking office, a much smaller force will stay to train and assist the Iraqi forces during the transition period.
all U.S. troops will leave by the end of next year(2011, for the impatient,,)

That's why there is still combat troops in Iraq righting right now as we speak?

ummm , yeah, because its not yet the END of NEXT YEAR,,,lol

And you seriously expect those troops to be deployed back to the US by the end of next year ... ? Think again ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:44 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 10:46 AM

so who regulates them? If it effects the US.....wouldn't the US have something to do with it?

The Minerals Management Services of the Dept of the Interior - or whatever 'The UN' changed its name to after 'DeepWater Horizon' ... the United States MMS does have regulatory power and is the agency responsible (until 'The UN' put his moratorium in place) for leasing all federal lands on-shore, near-shore, and offshore to US and foreign companies for drilling.

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:38 AM
If there's no trust, there can be no friendship. Simple.

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:37 AM

My buddy always told me to take a date to eat crawfish. If she sucks the head you have yourself a keeper......smokin

What if she doesnt like seafood??? pitchfork

That's called 'more for me' ...

K you can have mine smooched smooched flowerforyou

Pass dem t'ings ovah heah, chér ... an' push along some o' dat saucisse 'n corn also too ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:09 AM

Just a question....aren't the safety inspections and guidelines for these rigs done by OSHA?

No. They're SUPPOSED to be done by the USCG, but that doesn't apply to NON-American-flagged rigs ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:08 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 10:08 AM
So how come there's nothing on the news yet about this ... ? Oh - you wanna 'splain ezzackly WHY Hussein's 'right' ... ?

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 09:56 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 09:56 AM
No, Hussein the Incompetent is NOT right ... this is very much like the feeling I got the morning of 9/11 when I turned on the news after the first plane had impacted the WTC ... I thought it was possible it was an accident since a B-24 had flown into the Empire State Bldg during WWII because of fog, but when I saw the second plane nose into the second undamaged tower, I knew we were at war - that doesn't 'just happen' - TWICE ... and oil rigs don't 'accidentally' explode - TWICE ... Hussein is too incompetent to understand we're still in a state of WAR because it's not about HIM ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 08:29 AM

My buddy always told me to take a date to eat crawfish. If she sucks the head you have yourself a keeper......smokin

What if she doesnt like seafood??? pitchfork

That's called 'more for me' ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 07:38 AM

What a nutjob...of course I understand his frustation at people who resist climate change legislations and acknowledgement of the dire situations to come. Climate change is real and it's being added to by man's use of fossil fuels.
The people opposed to action are representing Big Oil and Big Pollution for short term profits over the long term consequenses of doing nothing about global climate change and air and water quality issues.
By 2050 people will be wondering what we were thinking, as the sea level rises and kicks billions of people from the shores and the air is not healthy to breathe, the water too polluted to drink.
This will be our legacy?

Well, gee. Maybe THIS will be understandable, then ...

~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/meltdown_of_the_climate_consensus_G0kWdclUvwhVr6DYH6A4uJ

Meltdown of the climate 'consensus'

By MATT PATTERSON

If this keeps up, no one's going to trust any scientists.

The global-warming establishment took a body blow this week, as the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change received a stunning rebuke from a top-notch independent investigation.

For two decades, the IPCC has spearheaded efforts to convince the world's governments that man-made carbon emissions pose a threat to the global temperature equilibrium -- and to civilization itself. IPCC reports, collated from the work of hundreds of climate scientists and bureaucrats, are widely cited as evidence for the urgent need for drastic action to "save the planet."

But the prestigious InterAcademy Council, an independent association of "the best scientists and engineers worldwide" (as the group's own Web site puts it) formed in 2000 to give "high-quality advice to international bodies," has finished a thorough review of IPCC practices -- and found them badly wanting.

Overall, the IAC slammed the IPCC for reporting "high confidence in some statements for which there is little evidence.

Furthermore, by making vague statements that were difficult to refute, authors were able to attach 'high confidence' to the statements." The critics note "many such statements that are not supported sufficiently in the literature, not put into perspective or not expressed clearly.

Some IPCC practices can only be called shoddy.

As The Wall Street Journal reported, "Some scientists invited by the IPCC to review the 2007 report before it was published questioned the Himalayan claim. But those challenges 'were not adequately considered,' the InterAcademy Council's investigation said, and the projection was included in the final report."

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 06:58 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 09/02/10 07:00 AM
If people insist on being a 'hyphenated' American, how come 'American' doesn't come BEFORE the hyphen ... ? Like in 'American-African' or 'American-Irish' ... ? Guess that shows a little too much pride in BEING American for those types ... but hey, at least y' can tell where their loyalties are ... and they ain't here ... The 'global community' ... ? How often do any of 'em come over for dinner ... ? Screw them - what have they done for US lately ... ?

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 06:16 AM

Does your food ever get cold when you go on dates? Do you talk more than you eat? Do you feel awkward when your date is talking to you and you are busy chewing?

If I'm the one paying for the meal, you bet I'm gonna eat it while it's hot - and I'm not about feeling awkward if we agreed beforehand that we were gonna have something to eat, not just meet for coffee ... where's the problem ... ? If she's talkin', I'm chewin' ...

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 06:08 AM

I was just watching CNN and Wolf Blitzer was asking a forber head of the F.B.I. about how can they determine if the suspect is a danger and justify shooting him. I can't believe they even needed to ask the question or bring up the subject.

Now im sure the left will attack for the shooting.

A piece of advice, when someone with a gun and the appearance of a bomb goes in and takes hostiges, shoots the gun and says he has a bomb, that enought right there to determine the person a danger. Hell a private person can justify shooting over the empression of a gun or a knife.

"Well, Wolf, there are people in the world who are what we call 'bad' people. They 'hurt' and 'kill' other people. You know what 'hurt' and 'kill' is, don't you, Wolf? That's when the 'mean' and 'bad' people do 'bad' things like 'shoot people' or 'cut people' with 'guns' and 'knives'. The 'bad' and 'mean' people make other people CRY. You don't want to see other people CRY, do you, Wolf? No, of course you don't. So, when our 'sniper' - you can say 'sniper', can't you, Wolf? - sees that the 'bad man' isn't close to any of the 'good people', we tell him it's 'okay' to pull the trigger on his 'gun' and send what we like to call a 'bullet' from his 'gun' to a spot right between the 'bad man's eyebrows - right at the top of his nose. That's good shooting, isn't it, Wolf? Wolf? Wake up, Wolf ... '

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 10:59 PM

Did she really say that? wow. 16 seconds in, "visited his home country in Kenya". Really
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proi6NFdKVs&feature=player_embedded

You tube is not valid news.
People can alter the videos, so you can't trust anything on you tube to be accurate.

Right. YouTube isn't valid but MSLSD, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, C-SPAN, HuffPo, Slate, Salon, DailyKOS, 'AirAmerika', NYT, and Democratic Underground ARE, right ... ? That's the way it works ... ? We can trust THEM ... ? It is to laff ... whoa

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 09:07 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Wed 09/01/10 09:09 PM
Can he name one of 'em 'Ram-A-Dan' ... ?

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 09:06 PM
Now we can say 'Bite me!' to a complete stranger anywhere on the planet.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25