Community > Posts By > Kings_Knight

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 05:40 PM
He brought an Arby's 'French Dip' sandwich for the second date ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 05:32 PM
whoa P F F F F T T t t ttt tttt tttttt ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 05:07 PM

I remember this past Christmas. Mrs. Obama was reading a story to the little kids. And she had the dog with her and the dog saw Santa and started barking like crazy. She couldnt get the dog to stop barking.

The dog knows from Santa ... people need to listen to the dog.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 05:05 PM

I have been sitting out somewhere. This truck goes driving by his wife is making out with him WHILE he is driving!! I was like OK THEN and just laughed.

You mean you ASSUMED that was his wife ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 04:04 PM

And you think when we call our congressman and complain this will make any ****ing difference. You really need to wake up. The aristocracy that most call congress; our representatives, ha ! don't give a rats *** about you. This government thing has gone way past ever hoping to change it with yours or my measley vote.

so, you want government to interfere with big business? afterall, the internet is its own free market, google is monopolizing the net and making big bucks off of it...what are you all complaining about anyways..isnt that the american way of doing things...???huh

'Scuse, pliz ... but what, precisely, would you call 'The UN's firing of the PRESIDENT of GENERAL MOTORS and then nationalizing GM and Chrysler ... ? In my tiny universe, that's what I call Communizing the Free Market. Who is 'The UN' to insert himself into a PRIVATE company ... ? I don't give a rat's asss WHAT his opinion may be about the compensation the CEO gets - that's between the CEO and the Board of Directors of the Company ... it does NOT concern Obama and his Communist czars ... Now he's got Little Julius working with Google et al to implement 'net neutrality' and other ways of removing free speech from our society ... 'Hope' and 'Change' ... wouldn't be so bad if it only bit the ones in the asss that voted for it ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 03:54 PM
Found this ... interesting ...

http://www.chillnite.com/last-10-days-of-ramadan-public-holiday

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 03:49 PM
And 'ramadan' just 'happens' to be HOW MANY days long ... ?

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 03:47 PM
Yeah, they give it a name like 'Ambassador of Death' and then try to pawn off the story that it's for 'peaceful purposes' ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 03:37 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 03:45 PM
It's finally been revealed why Obama's not trying to 'find' a church in the D. C. area ...

He decided he doesn't need to go to church to worship HIMSELF ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 03:32 PM
Yeah ... me too ... that's why I'm upgrading to a new Mac ... got to in order to be able to continue the software upgrades ... Photoshop CS5 won't run on anything earlier than 'Snow Leopard' ... sooner or later, everything hits 'EOL' ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:53 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 02:55 PM
The last thing to consider here is that the PCs won't allow you to install Mac's OS X (latest version: 'Snow Leopard') on 'em, but Macs will let you partition the hard drive to whatever size you want so you can install Windoze as your 'other' operating system ... just keep in mind that you'll still get all the Windoze virii and Trojans, etc - they just won't migrate to your Mac environment ... they'll live on the Windoze side ... You can load all your Windoze software and games on there, too - and they'll run faster ...

The suggestion about a used Mac is a good one ... if you decide to do that, make sure you get an Intel-chipped machine (Core Duo, QuadCore, etc) instead of the Power PC-chipped machines - y' can't upgrade their OS to anything beyond 'Leopard' without buying a new machine ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:45 PM
That's only ONE ... but hey, if she AND he are BOTH illegal, maybe ICE can pay 'em a visit now ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:43 PM

Wonder what the charge would be if the camera got a picture of a dude speeding, but was also being given road head by his lady? Would that cost extra? Hmmmmm.

But no ... there was a post here that said the cameras don't take pictures of what's INSIDE the car ... it is to laff ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:33 PM

That really sickens me! If they feel the need to file for benefits, then they should feel the need to pay the taxes here also!

unemployment benefits require verification of EMPLOYMENT, employers are required to take out income taxes, many people with illegal status still manage to have income from which taxes are deducted,,,

Name two ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:27 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 02:31 PM

related, interesting article:

UK Study: Speed Cameras Increase Injury Accidents
Full text of suppressed UK government study shows speed cameras increase accidents 31 percent on freeways, 55 percent in work zones.

Freeway roadworksThe UK Department for Transport funded, then suppressed, a study that shows a 55 percent increase in injury accidents when speed cameras are used on highway work zones and a 31 percent increase when used on freeways without construction projects. According to the Transport Research Laboratory, the "non-works [personal injury accident] rate is significantly higher for the sites with speed cameras than the rate for sites without."

An analysis of this data, buried on page 43 of the report, yields the following result:

Although the Department for Transport's Highways Agency funded the study, no information regarding these results was ever made public until a Freedom of Information Act request was honored earlier this month. The Transport Research Laboratory attempted to suppress the UK taxpayer-funded study further by charging £40 (US $72) for access to the results. Moreover, the study's executive summary calculates only the aggregate accident rate including the benefit of manned police patrol cars in the work zones. The significant decrease in accidents from a human police presence was used to offset the increase in camera accidents.

"It is outrageous that this sort of information has been hidden from the public," said Safe Speed road safety campaign founder Paul Smith whose FOIA request uncovered the study's existence. "We have all seen strange driver behaviour where fixed speed cameras operate. This report highlights the dangers. We're not surprised to see this information -- we have know for years that speed cameras were the wrong road safety strategy, and it's a huge relief to see the truth coming out so clearly"

The TRL study compared accident reports covering 29 highway construction zone projects over 730km of road from November 2001 to July 2003 with an equivalent period without the construction zones, controlling for changes in traffic volume. In the US, the state of Illinois plans to implement a similar freeway work zone speed camera program within the next few months.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/06/602.asp

Gorblimey! Eh wot ... ? Royt interestin' li'l arty-kul y' got there, guv'nah ... You'll note it points out nicely that they really DON'T care if y' get creamed ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:50 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 01:51 PM

Until recently, we had them in the Phoenix area.

I don't see what the problem is. You get plenty of warning.

If you're dumb enough to ignore them, you deserve a ticket.

Just obey the law and don't worry about it.

So, if the cameras are okay, what other invasions of privacy are you willing to put up with 'cuz it's 'the law' ... ?

And how come they're no longer in the Phoenix area ... ?

But Knight; how in your opinion should drivers who run red lights, and potentially run a pedestrian over be handled?

Immaterial question. How were they handled BEFORE the cameras? And are pedestrians who are run over where a camera is in place any LESS dead ... ? Duh.

LMAO!!!!! Technology is evolving my dear Knight! Many things are handled differently now vs. 20, 50 yrs ago.

Invading one's privacy is having a candid camera while you're sitting on your "thrown" at home without your consent!

Duh.............:tongue:

Oh dear - those homonyms ARE pesky li'l things, aren't they ... ? The word you're looking for is 'throne' ...

If you want to give up YOUR privacy, I could care less. Just don't inflict YOUR choice on everyone else.

You also didn't address my question about the pedestrian you brought up in your 'argument' [sic] ...

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:47 PM

So, if the cameras are okay, what other invasions of privacy are you willing to put up with 'cuz it's 'the law' ... ?

I don't see how it is invading my privacy. The road is PUBLIC.
They are no longer in the Phoenix area because they were not cost effective.

The road is 'public' ... is your car ALSO 'public' ... ? Are YOU 'public' ... ? I think your TAX DOLLARS and your GAS TAX monies may have a little something to do with the 'public' aspect of that road ... Under law, your vehicle is an extension of your home. Would you allow a camera to photograph that 24/7/365?

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:44 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 01:48 PM

But Knight; how in your opinion should drivers who run red lights, and potentially run a pedestrian over be handled?

Immaterial question. How were they handled BEFORE the cameras?

Are pedestrians who are run over where a camera is in place any LESS dead ... ? Duh.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:31 PM

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:21 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Sun 08/22/10 01:29 PM

Recently in my city they started installing red light and speed cameras.
And of course it has nothing to do with revenue it’s all about safety, so far they have sent out over 12,000 tickets at about $75.00 each. They also have a mobile speed camera in a red jeep and they have been known to set it along the Interstate (they call it an emergency vehicle) I have no problem being pulled over for speeding but to get a ticket in the mail a week after the fact with nothing but a photo of my vehicle telling me I was speeding is BS.
BTW I haven’t received any tickets I just think this is another way that big brother is watching us.
Also the ticket goes to the registered owner not the person behind the wheel at the time.
Do any of you have this going on where you live?

They. LIE. It has NOTHING to do with 'safety' and EVERYTHING to do with REVENUE GENERATION. They could care less if you get T-boned or rear-ended by people trying to escape the cameras - or when you stop for 'em and the idiot behind you keeps going after you're stopped 'cuz HE wants to run the light.

The fact that EVERY city that installs these cameras gets a PERCENTAGE of the take from the tickets issued and collected means they have a VESTED INTEREST in seeing the yellow light shortened so there are more 'violations' - thus, more tickets. The city splits the take with Redflex Corp. (out of AZ) or whoever else is installing the cameras. Mississippi's Gov. Barbour issued a directive about six months ago that ALL 'red light cameras' in EVERY city in MS were to be removed and returned to the company with whom the city was contracted. ALL Governors should have balls like Haley Barbour ... but they don't ...

Just for grins ... In England, the Brits set fire to 'em with car tires - and in some cases, dynamite 'em ... here's the link:

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next