Community > Posts By > Kings_Knight

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:30 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Fri 08/27/10 01:30 PM
Dang. That's a LOT harder than my cupholder thingy ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:28 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Fri 08/27/10 01:29 PM

Im going to **** it in, that way if anything happens, It will just feel like a big Orgasm :thumbsup: biggrin

You do realize that if 'anything happens', it'll prolly happen when you're just halfway there ... ?

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:25 PM
Most people never realize just how 'people-friendly' poo really is ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:13 PM
So you've gone without a 'government' for a week - I'd like to see us go without one until November 2012 ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:12 PM
No, but it's a small step toward being able to 'buy the world a Coke' ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 12:51 PM

I was going to say no disrespect...however...some will find disrespect in what I have to say...so there ya go!slaphead

One pommy accent has people upended and irritated?...others over NZ, and Aussie accents?

Sheesh!...for the past 20 plus years we have had to tolerate 98% of our television programmes being American...to the point when our kids play make believe they use a yank accent!!!

Our local backwater radio station has a bloody yank as a newsreader.

Makes me laugh.....so very precious and pedantic...whoa

The Beatles never had a British accent when they sang ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 12:35 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Fri 08/27/10 12:35 PM
Hmm. Little Mortimer Zuckerman, owner of US News & World Report, the man who wrote many of 'The UN's speeches during the campaign, backer 'n pusher of 'the national threat', has now seen the error of his ways - but Mort, much as Socrates found out, has learnt that sometimes y' just gotta drink the hemlock ... I just wish all of us who DIDN'T vote for his sorry asss didn't have to drink it with him ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/mzuckerman/articles/2010/08/26/the-most-fiscally-irresponsible-government-in-us-history.html

The Most Fiscally Irresponsible Government in U.S. History

Current federal budget trends are capable of destroying this country

By Mortimer B. Zuckerman

There is an instinctive conclusion among the American public that President Obama's stimulus package has failed to create a sustained recovery. Unemployment has increased, not declined; consumers have retrenched; housing starts have crashed along with mortgage applications; and there is a fear that a double-dip recession may very well be in the pipeline. The public perception, reflected in Pew Research/National Journal polls, is that the measures to combat the Great Recession have mostly helped large banks and financial institutions, and that's a view common to Republicans (75 percent) and Democrats (73 percent). Only one third of either political leaning thinks government policies have done a great deal or a fair amount for the poor.

There is another instinctive conclusion among the American people. It is that the national deficit, and the debts we have accumulated, are of critical political importance. On the national debt, the money the government has spent without the tax revenues to pay for it has produced mind-numbing numbers so large as to be disconnected from reality. Zeros from here to infinity. The sums are hard to describe; it is hard to describe an elephant, but you know one when you see one. The public knows that, shuffle the numbers as you may, the level of debt is unsustainable.

Who could be surprised since millions of voters have discovered that for themselves? As one realizes the morning after the night before, there is an unavoidable penalty for excess. It is unnerving to wake up and learn that you have a mortgage on your home that exceeds the value of the property. Or, and too often both, you have a credit card line that you cannot repay and the issuer has you on the rack for ever bigger compound interest on the debt.

The lesson has been well and truly learned that debt catches up with you. Millions understand that they are just going to have to find a way to live within their means—and then still eke out some savings to pay down debt. And there are well over 14 million Americans without a paying job, so the level of discontent is very high. Just how are they going to regain control of their lives?

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 12:11 PM
Depending on needs and circumstances, I could be a slut for money ...

Hell, that's what I was when I was in the working world ...

It just sounded better to say 'wage slave' ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 12:05 PM
It's not just English ... it's also Australian and New Zealander ... I've heard quite enough of the Britophilic adverts, thankyewberrymush ... 'Crocodile Dundee' had its day - time to move on, 'cuz the Brits have overstayed their welcome on the airwaves. Time for a Cajun accent ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 10:40 AM
Ever notice how the libwhack crowd always uses the 'overwhelm the discussion' principle with tons 'n reams of 'copy / paste' material from their 'oh-so-unbiased' sites ... like AOL or DailyKOS, Democratic Underground, HuffPo, Salon, Slate, etc ... ? I mean, sure all those 'sites' are 'reliable' ... but only at about the same 'reliability' level y' get when y' use the 'three-color-corncob' solution in the outhouse ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 09:56 AM
Here we go again ... 'We're all gonna DIE!' because of the threadbare threat posed by the omnipresent '2012' 'End-Of-The-World' / 'The-End-Of-The-World-As-We-Know-It' 'event' ... Please ... even the Mayans don't believe this crap ...

People - Get. A. Grip. They'll still be expecting you to show up for work the day after the world 'ends' ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20100826/981/tsc-massive-solar-storm-to-hit-earth-in_1.html

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

Thu, Aug 26 12:50 PM

Melbourne, Aug 26 (ANI): Astronomers are predicting that a massive solar storm, much bigger in potential than the one that caused spectacular light shows on Earth earlier this month, is to strike our planet in 2012 with a force of 100 million hydrogen bombs.

Several US media outlets (Well. THERE's your problem) have reported that NASA was warning the massive flare this month was just a precursor to a massive solar storm building that had the potential to wipe out the entire planet's power grid.

Despite its rebuttal, NASA's been watching out for this storm since 2006 and reports from the US this week claim the storms could hit on that most Hollywood of disaster dates - 2012.
Similar storms back in 1859 and 1921 caused worldwide chaos, wiping out telegraph wires on a massive scale. The 2012 storm has the potential to be even more disruptive.

"The general consensus among general astronomers (and certainly solar astronomers) is that this coming Solar maximum (2012 but possibly later into 2013) will be the most violent in 100 years," News.com.au quoted astronomy lecturer and columnist Dave Reneke as saying.

"A bold statement and one taken seriously by those it will affect most, namely airline companies, communications companies and anyone working with modern GPS systems.

"They can even trip circuit breakers and knock out orbiting satellites, as has already been done this year," added Reneke.

No one really knows what effect the 2012-2013 Solar Max will have on today's digital-reliant society.

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 09:31 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Fri 08/27/10 09:33 AM
'Political Theater' and 'AgitProp' are great little tools direct from the Marxist School of Persuasion to play mind games with the 'sheeple'... they'll believe whatever they 'see' and 'hear' and 'think', 'cuz surely no one would LIE about things like this ... It's worked ever since the '17 Revolution, and people are still dumber than a sack of hammers, so it'll be workin' indefinitely into the future ...

"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 08:26 AM
Well, NOW you've done it ... you're using their own documents and their own words to expose 'em for who and what they are ... that's not gonna sit well with the 'touchy-feely / warm fuzzy feelgood' types, y' know ... they're all about that 'piece 'n lub' thing - which is a neat concept, but it never works out in real life ... You are SO in for it now ...

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 08:09 AM

Dang - you beat me to that ...

I was gonna toss in some 'lip service', too ... no extra charge.

somehow I was expecting the word "lube" to show up with you....
smooched

Hey ... ! I can make it happen ... it's all about 'service', right ... ?

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 06:51 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Fri 08/27/10 06:51 AM
Two words: Political Will.

Two more words: Object Lesson.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:56 PM

Them progressives should feel nice and cozy now they know they could be babysat at any time.
They want to monitor my movements, they gonna' have a very boring job.

Pardon? Progressives tend to be against the Drug War...otherwise if a criminal needs tracking then it would be a cheaper and more accurate way of tracking them. Unless people want to return to the 50's and have Dick F'ing Tracy trail the bad guys then this is a great idea.

'Scuse, but WHERE does it say it's necessary for the person being tracked by GPS to be (1) a criminal or (2) a drug user? What it SAYS is that Government can track anyone WITHOUT their knowledge. Sounds like a li'l paranoia creepin' in here ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:41 PM
Shutterbug, here's a link that may provide the solution you're looking for ...

http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-clear-print-queue-in-windows-vista-or-in-windows-7/

Us photographers gotta stick together ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:22 PM

Hmmmmmmm...paper is in it, I've taken that out and added it back...as for the blinking...mines been doing that for some time now, but it has always printed. It holds a black cartridge AND a color cartridge...black has been empty for several months but I have always been able to get black print from the color cartridge. But if that is the problem...I only have about 3 boxes to go through in search of my spare color cartridge. I moved a couple weeks ago & am staying at my sister's house until I get a place of my own. The majority of my belongings are still in boxes in her garage. Not sure I have time to attempt that search & fix before the interview. I've been functioning on no sleep since Tuesday night and it's all catching up with me now.

I'll check back in the morning to see if there are any other suggestions from you helpful folks. Nighty night! yawn

Thanks Dragoness. That's too complicated for my tired brain Kings, but maybe I'll try that in the morning...is it a quick fix?

Rebuilding the prefs is usually pretty direct, but it's been so long now (years, in fact) since I had to do that I'd be reluctant to specify any steps. Maybe others here who've done it more recently can provide those for you. I'd hate to make this problem more unpleasant than it already is for you ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:00 PM
I know I left it here somewhere ... next to the cake out in the rain ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 08:57 PM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 08/26/10 08:58 PM

I personally think that there should be a time limit for anyone on welfare. Same thing goes for unemployment. There are tons of jobs out there, even if they are working in a fast food restaurant. I don't believe that anyone should be paid to sit at home.

I also support the drug tests for those on welfare along with mandatory birthcontrol. If you can't support the ones you have then you should be having anymore.

I think the idea of housing for those that continue to stay unemployed and on welfare is a good idea.

Just my opinion.

just outa sight, outa mind huh...so just round up all these people and put them in a prison... do you realize what you sound like? how many millions of people are out of work right now? 10% of 400 million is 40 million people there darlin. Are they all gonna get jobs at McDonalds?? but your working, so why should you care? what are they gonna do, just take people out of their house, or apartment and "put them away?" the germans started out that way to, by saying we have a nice place for jews to go, call Auschwitz...

Ach, nein ... Es wurde genannt 'Theresienstadt' ...