Community > Posts By > Kings_Knight

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 12:14 PM
First, I would disown this person as my 'sister'. She's not acting very 'sisterly' or 'daughterly' ... As for the AC, I agree that, if it's 15 years old, there's no 'fixing'. At that age, it's a Freon unit and Freon - if you can find it - will set you back at least 50 bucks per can or more, and it's not an 'authorized' refrigerant now. R-134a is. I realize buying a new unit isn't financially feasible, but you may want to check with your local Council on Aging or whatever they call it, or Catholic Charities - there are agencies here that give people in your Mom's situation a FREE air conditioner if they meet the requirements. Check into it and see if that's available in your area. It can make all the difference.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 10:17 AM
I tried to draw a diaphragm of the difference, but couldn't ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 10:15 AM
It's so cute when they get all mad 'n stuff ... the illogic and lack of support data rises (?) to ever 'greater' levels ... kinda like phlegm during flu season ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 10:12 AM

You're NOT condemned ... you have every right to not vote. BUT: If you don't want to participate and vote, then please have the good grace and common courtesy to just shut up when things don't go the way you wanted 'em to ... You had the chance and chose to ignore the opportunity ... Choice 'n consequence. Oh - NOT voting is also laziness in action ... just sayin' ...

Wait, did we just come full circle on this convo?

No - you still don't have the right to bitchh about the results of any election if you choose to not participate in the process - but you DO have the right to eliminate yourself from the opportunity to have input. Those of us who DO vote will ignore you because, in a very real sense, you don't exist as a voter with a voice and a position.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 10:05 AM

I voted for New Coke, I've never lived it down.

I miss New Coke.tears

Well, who doesn't ... ?

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 10:01 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 08/26/10 10:04 AM
Whenever I planted or transplanted anything, I always used the method I learnt from my uncle ... I dug the hole, put in the transplant root-first, covered it to just below the stem's beginning, watered it well, and then had my 'motivational talk' with it just like he did with his ... I looked at 'em and said 'Grow or die'. They grew ... it works ... and no, I'm not being facetious ... I never lost one plant or transplant except to heat.

Oh - don't cut the leaves in half. If you use anything on the roots, 'Rootone' is best ... and leave the 'perlite' out.

Did you trim the roots of the pot-bound ivy before re-planting ... ? I always do that for root-bound plants ...

How long do you let the newly-prepared soil sit before transplanting? I never transplant before it sits for two weeks - otherwise there's too much risk of burning the roots.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:56 AM
'Hate Crime' is one more piece of thought controlling, presumptuous liberal BS because it presumes to have the omniscient capability of 'knowing' what an individual is / was thinking when they stabbed / robbed / shot / killed someone else. That's such a load of crap. Crime is crime is crime. People are no less dead or injured because some craven libwhack panderer decided to pontificate on the public dime and add the word 'hate' to a bill. There is no point or rationale for the existence of the term 'hate crime'. Take it outside.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:51 AM
You're NOT condemned ... you have every right to not vote. BUT: If you don't want to participate and vote, then please have the good grace and common courtesy to just shut up when things don't go the way you wanted 'em to ... You had the chance and chose to ignore the opportunity ... Choice 'n consequence. Oh - NOT voting is also laziness in action ... just sayin' ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:47 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 08/26/10 09:49 AM
Oh look. Another 'let's make sense of soup' riposte ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:35 AM
Has anyone noticed how much the 'news' [sic] has taken on the salient characteristic of the 'soap opera' genre ... ? Never-changing plot line, same cast of characters every day, distinct 'good-vs-bad' lines of demarcation, 'product' in the form of 'political philosophy' sold at every opportunity ... and all without so much as the courtesy of a commercial break ... ? I've decided to just quit listening to both forms of 'entertainment' for a while ... my blood pressure's a lot lower that way ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:22 AM
I swear I read that exclamation point at the end of 'Tea' as a 't' ... Enquiring minds, y' know ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:20 AM
Once again, the sound of 'making sense of soup' ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:08 AM
Oh ohhhhhh ... there's that 'RAYciss!' stuff creepin' in ... of COURSE it's not 'RAYciss!' ... I mean, they jes' be's 'representin' an' all ... they be held down all these years by 'Da Man' and hey, they got to be about it, y' know ... don't be hatin' on they 'Beat Whitey' night ... hell, next thing y' know, we be all criticizin' of them li'l chirrens what like to do that 'Devils Nite' thing where they burn all them houses down ... dat corrects a lot o' 'urban blight' also too, so it have a purpose after all ... Le's not be all hatin' on the brothers, tho' ... 'representin' is hard work ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 08:56 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 08/26/10 08:57 AM
______________________________________________________ oh crap ... I hate when that happens ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 08:50 AM
The lady who was my fiancee for 16 years until her death in Jan '08 was 11 years younger than me - it was the best relationship I've had in this lifetime. Go for it and don't worry about what 'other people' think ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 07:37 AM
That neat little slide-out cupholder broke ... how do I fix it ... ?

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 07:34 AM
Edited by Kings_Knight on Thu 08/26/10 07:35 AM

No, it's a valid medical evaluation that may explain why we have so many promoting hated, racism, and ignorances.

Very topical to the events of these times.

No, it's an example of someone trying to 'make sense of soup' ... it's also just 'cut 'n paste' with NO original thought present anywhere ... the word 'vapid' comes to mind ...

Oh ... 'ignorances' ... ? Case closed.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 07:23 AM

I'm quite sure the crime rate would go up also

Drug testing violates the US Constitution in regards to the right to privacy and the right against self-incrimination. It should never have been enacted in the first place. Of course RW nutbags love it because they like to control people's habits and of course further punish the pale and downtrodden.

Yeah "less welfare"....but more homelessness and starvation which will lead to more crime.
NICE resolve eh? Next!

A perfect example of 'trying to make sense of soup' ...

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 06:39 AM
Once again, we are confronted with the marvelous inability to formulate thoughts on a non-copy / paste basis and the need to rely on the 'thoughts' and 'words' of others ...

So many words, so little thought ... par for the course.

Dismissed.

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 06:27 AM
Had my WC case from '04 - '07 ... knee injury at work. They covered all the ortho / MRI / doc bills and meds. Never received any 'replacement salary' money from 'em and my ortho docs (well, 2 of 'em) advised against surgery. The third wanted to 'git t' cuttin' right away and got pizzed when I said no, so he terminated my case by telling WC I had no ongoing problem. Anyhow, after that came a call from WC saying that they needed me to provide them with ALL my financial and income information for the last three years since they had paid my salary. It was at that point I had to tell 'em they weren't getting squat from me regarding my income because the only payments they'd made were medical, not income replacement. Be careful when you're dealing with these people - they'll act as if what they ask you to do is reasonable, normal, and expected ... they'll also lie about what they've actually done. Oh - the post about them keeping you under observation and taping your actions is true ... they sent a PI to my apartment's property mgmt office and lied to get information. Trust nothing when you deal with these people.