Community > Posts By > mnemosyneis

mnemosyneis's photo
Sun 01/28/18 03:44 PM
Edited by mnemosyneis on Sun 01/28/18 03:44 PM
Some people take the now or never thing a little too far. I've been rejected in the past for not being able to respond immediately to a text. You don't want that in a partner anyway - trust me. And you don't want to be that way, either.
If you really hit it off, maybe he's just busy as others have said. Try again later. Or maybe he will.
Good luck!!
:cherry_blossom:

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 06:01 PM
I've had many deja vu moments in my life. Sylvia Brown talks about the phenomena in one of her books. She says something to the effect that they are a way for your soul to recognize you're on the path you chose before you came here...

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:42 PM

1. How can you separate the feelings from the act, physical intimacy happen and we forget it the following day.
2. Can we turn off our feelings.
3. Why do we go through this type of action.
4. Does affect our feelings.
5. What is the purpose.
6. Does it make us less human.

1. Rush of instant attraction.
2. People can justify anything if they really want to. Often the less known the easier to stay detatched.
3. Immediate gratification.
4. I think it does, actually. The depth of which can vary.
6. I think this is a priceless addition... Would make a great topic on its own.
...if one had feelings and the other was making a notch on their bedpost, I can see a sort of dehumanizing effect. It's easy to say it was a mistake or a learning experience, but it taints future interactions.

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:20 PM

scared

Oh, yes. This ^^^

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:18 PM
Perfect is subjective.

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:13 PM

You really think I'm going to want you if you don't meet my minimum qualifications?

Ouch!

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:12 PM
No.

mnemosyneis's photo
Sat 01/27/18 04:03 PM
I've been on here for a long time, as it was pointed out recently. I think I've received about 5 messages total the entire time I've been on here.
Hmmm....
Either I'm doing it wrong or...depends in how you look at it with the scammers...maybe I'm doing it right...
Rofl!

mnemosyneis's photo
Wed 01/24/18 06:47 PM
Isn't making the wrong ones right for you the same thing as trying to change them? Or change yourself to fit them. Don't a lot of people complain about that on a romantic level?
Is what you're trying to say more like loving and appreciating someone can take work? Most people who are or have been in love will agree. Though...communication is a two way street. So is reciprocation.

mnemosyneis's photo
Wed 01/24/18 06:31 PM
Edited by mnemosyneis on Wed 01/24/18 06:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3804545.stm

Science proves that love is blind

Do our critical facilities vanish?
Scientists have shown that there is a degree of truth in the old adage that love is blind.
They have found that feelings of love lead to a suppression of activity in the areas of the brain controlling critical thought.

It seems that once we get close to a person, the brain decides the need to assess their character and personality is reduced.

The study, by University College London, is published in NeuroImage.

The researchers found that both romantic love and maternal love produce the same effect on the brain.

----------------------------------------------------------------

One of many research results. Interesting...
They suppress neural activity associated with critical social assessment of other people and negative emotions.

mnemosyneis's photo
Wed 01/24/18 06:25 PM
Love is a risk. Life is too short not to take it.

mnemosyneis's photo
Wed 01/24/18 06:21 PM
In a time where it seems we are expected to accept everything perhaps having an opinion now seems like something that has to be continuously defended so maybe the harsher the delivery the less it's questioned? Kind of like whoever shouts the loudest believes what they have to say is the most important...with emphasis.
Seems like a lot of lack of tolerance. Same with dating. The attitude is a little like 'Who cares if you ignore or hurt someone...one more click and there will be another one anyone anyway'. Disposible people?
We need to be patient with each other more.

mnemosyneis's photo
Wed 01/24/18 06:09 PM
It seems that a lot of people would agree this is how they would love to be treated, though often this is not how they treat others. Perhaps it's hard to take the time?

mnemosyneis's photo
Fri 01/19/18 02:27 AM
Exactly. As I clarified. Easily led by a group mentality. It is easier to attack in a group where such a thing is considered 'normal'. Docile in this sense would imply attacking is the path of least resistance within the group and defending or refraining is considered going against the group, risking social isolation. Foolish as in lacking personal judgement and competency - allowing the group to make up behavior patterns that are followed without regard to personal introspection or impact on others. And yes - easily led to follow these behavior patterns, whether complacently or by peer pressure. This is different to when people follow a group because they actually agree with its principles. Sheeple will follow behavior patterns because they will not or choose not to think for themselves and the behavior is currently seen as status quo.
This goes back to social order where a group depends on its members for survival - whether it be its ideals, its morality or its physical survival.

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 07:53 PM
Cello

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 07:52 PM
Entanglement.

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 07:49 PM
The Holy Grail
Better Off Dead
Stir of Echoes
Gosford Park

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 05:39 PM
Rottweiler
Bullmastiff
and Ridgeback

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 05:34 PM
Not in Tampa, but hello anyway!
:grinning::thumbsup:
Hope you have some good luck on here!
:cherry_blossom:

mnemosyneis's photo
Thu 01/18/18 05:28 PM
Edited by mnemosyneis on Thu 01/18/18 05:29 PM
I have larger legs - especially the calves. For me, it's genetics. My dad has big legs, too. Naturally muscular. Doesn't matter how much diet or exercise I do (and I do a lot - love to workout); the calves are always the same.

Previous 1 3