Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Fri 09/03/10 01:54 AM
my youngest is seven, so i'm not all the way there...but i just put another one in college. she's seventeen, and graduated a year early with a year and a half's worth of college already under her belt.

kid made a 31 on her ACT at fifteen.

she has a private dorm and a full ride...but i still wish she was around.

lulu24's photo
Fri 09/03/10 01:51 AM
what's good in life, or with the site?

hands down, this is the best site i've been on...and i'm on quite a few. i've met some people here that i'll treasure for life.

in real life...i'm about to get my daughter *fingers crossed* into the school for the deaf...and i'm dating someone (yeah, i swore i never would, lol).

now if i could only get my teenager past the teen years...

lulu24's photo
Fri 09/03/10 01:43 AM
some people suck on the phone. seriously...but they still like the contact of having someone breathing on the other end.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/31/10 10:12 PM

Wraith - you can set your search parameters to only look within a geographical region.

I know that... I've had most of my luck with mutual match... And it seems the only ones that try to match up with me lately, are from Russia, and Peru, and India. I would rather see more from Texas because that is the parameter I've set in all of my searches.

oh I misunderstood earlier...yes I have the same thing happening.

B.T.W. Just to be fair... I'm French, German, Irish, Dutch, Swedish, Norweigen, and Native American. And The French part of me... Is French Canadian. Most of my 800 plus living relatives live in Ontario, Quebec, Toronto, and British Colombia.
you could be my brother...

lulu24's photo
Mon 08/30/10 01:15 PM
dinner was... improvisation. i learned to cook VERY early...i can almost make a tasty soup out of water.

nothing went to waste, and we cooked as a family. i still do that with my kids...we make everything together.

what's a measuring cup, lol...everything back then was by taste.

although, it took many years before i could handle to eat macaroni and tomatoes again...that was by far one of the most common meals. that, and beans and cornbread with fried taters.

lulu24's photo
Sun 08/29/10 12:22 PM
my first child came into this world with a very difficult birth...she was sunny-side-up, and had to have heavy use of forceps and vacuum...tore me up pretty badly.

i lost four after her. two were around 8 weeks, the other two at about 14 and 18. i hemorrhaged with the last one and had to have an emergency D&C. for me, that was the worst...because of the bright lights and all the poking and prodding.

i went on to have three more children. i was told i wouldn't have any more...and my next that made it almost killed me. the last two pregnancies went a lot smoother, at least by comparison.

i hate when everyone says **** like, "god must have wanted an angel in heaven" or "everything happens for a reason" or "it was meant to happen". screw that. if you have something like that to say, don't even open your mouth...cause it's not helpful in the least.

say, "i'm so sorry, this sucks." or something of the like...

and like any death, time makes the frequency of being brought to your knees a little less, but it never goes away.

hugs, tanya...

lulu24's photo
Sun 08/29/10 11:28 AM
i doubt this is an actual message...in the beginning, it says something like, "your school's" answering machine. um, wouldn't a school have it's actual name there?

lulu24's photo
Thu 08/19/10 04:46 PM
watched scott pilgrim last night...and the day before.

much love.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/17/10 11:20 PM
my family has had several, and we've avoided serious situations because of them. they are strange, though...hmmm...

my aunt lived in south carolina, and she was eight months pregnant and had a toddler. she was in an accident, and we chose not to tell my bed-ridden great-grandmother, so as not to upset her...

i remember we walked into the room, and she asked how laura was. she asked, "did they find the boy?", which was a strange question, because as far as we knew, she had been alone in the truck. she became very agitated, so we notified the state police there, just in case.

turned out my two-year-old cousin had climbed out of the truck when she wrecked and had wandered into the woods. my aunt was unconscious, so couldn't tell them that she hadn't been alone...if not for my grandmother, we may not have found him.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/10/10 12:37 AM
*chuckles* i watched one-eyed monster last night...absolutely inappropriate but freaking hilarious at the same time.

i'm scarred for life, lol.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/10/10 12:32 AM

When a child is exposed to only healthy fresh and invting foods...they will naturally select healthy foods for themselves...

I have asked my kids from when they were tiny what they would like to eat for dinner...and then they help prepare it.

Removing a child's choices of food, by being the 'controller'...does not educate them in how to make healthy choices.

How would a child eat only pizza if they had never had it?
A huge and obvious thing is the children are exposed to so much processed food...they choose that.

Take it out of the equation..(not expose a child to fastfood) and it becomes unappetising when it is there...

i'm very much the same with mine...

my kids actually pretty much set the meal-plans. they tell me what they want to prepare on their nights, and i buy the ingredients and work them through the recipes. i give them computer-time to research meals they'd like to try, and since i'm purchasing the stuff...i get the healthy stuff.

it's a family affair.

when i was a kid, if i didn't like what was served, i didn't eat. i've never been hungry in my life and could easily go days without food...so if it isn't to my palette, i'm not eating it.

we also plan out all major purchases together. we have family discussions and vote. *shrugs* every dynamic is different...

lulu24's photo
Sun 08/08/10 08:04 PM
thanks, guys...it was decent.

it was really neat that my family drove three hours to spend a bit of time with me...good food, good company.

i figure it's all good that i had to work, cause vacation starts at five tomorrow, lol...

i love you all...and yes, joel, i'm always here.

lulu24's photo
Sun 08/08/10 01:30 AM

Happy Birthday, Lori!

Shall we go worr some scammers?

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

all from new york, lately, lol...

you worr them, i'll yahoo them.

lulu24's photo
Sat 08/07/10 10:16 PM

Happy Birthday Lori.....wishing you all the best today and all through your year. May you have many more birthdays full of love and light.

flowers

Any vegetarian with long dark hair and a name like Lori has got to be pretty awesome. winking

*chuckles* not too many like us, eh?

lulu24's photo
Sat 08/07/10 10:16 PM
oh, you didn't, mitch...oh, you did...

worked almost twelve hours before joining my mom, aunt, and kids (mom drove three hours, lol) at maurice's for some shopping...and then dinner at old chicago.

i'm stuffed.

AND i have a date. might cancel that, though...

love and hugs to all of you.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:49 PM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

it's late Lori....what do you expect from me?
good point, tiffany...i should know better than to expect anything after midnight, lol.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:44 PM

Lulu is an undertaker lover??? scared
well, duh!

i looooves me some big men.

I took it to mean necrophilia laugh
um...the undertaker is the only one in the room still alive. jeesh...i'm not that hard up.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:43 PM

OK..maybe a bit insecure, in need of validation, feeling a bit bashed lately because of the bad apples ruining the basket.....

Ladies, what do we (men) do "RIGHT"? What makes you love us? Remember that we are clueless and don't necessarily pick up on "signs". Please clue us in on the behavior that makes you forgive our many faults.flowerforyou
joel, i love you men for who you are. i understand men pretty damned well...it's the ladies i don't get.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:41 PM

Lulu is an undertaker lover??? scared
well, duh!

i looooves me some big men.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:35 PM

i'm'a call you tiffany from here on out.

Lori...not my fault you can't remember my name is Tiffany laugh
i know, i know...

for some reason, i keep calling you "rose". but that's someone else...and now i'll have to find her...

It might have been that other yellowrose who went by the name of rose. She was on connectingsingles.
nah, roy...i'm making a play on "findme"'s name (which is rose).

i remember THAT rose very well, lol...she's on here, as well.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25