Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/04/10 05:19 PM
it's so that i can avoid the cattle-ranchers and taxidermists.

lulu24's photo
Tue 12/29/09 09:00 PM

Well, yeah...that's why I'm thinking there must be more to the story. And if it were me..and anyone was forcing me to give up my child to an ex that was not part of the creation process...I would pack up my kid and take off too. F that..why are they doing this. Unless it is some homophobic judge...

That's what I'm thinking!

I agree and I guess I'm missing how the other woman has ANY legal standing in this.
they went through the creation process together, picked out the sperm together, and agreed to be parents together.

she has the same rights as any other parent, and rightfully so.

I get that and agree, if both women want to see the little girl...but why are they taking all custody away..shared custody and visitation can be forced by the courts. I'm not understanding why they are stripping the birth mother of all her parental rights.
the one woman gets custody because she agrees to share the child. the other woman was refusing to allow the girl to visit her other mother...that's my take, anyhow. she never would have lost custody if she hadn't defied the court in the first place.

taking off was stupid.

lulu24's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:54 PM

I disagree Lori. Even if they were legally married, if it was a heterosexual couple, the other would be like a step dad IMO

are they both on the birth certificate?
not if it were artificial insemination. and any child born to a marriage is the legal child of the partner. i didn't see that they were married, but here in arkansas, anyhow, even if your husband isn't the biological father, he's still the legal one.

they both set out to create a life together. intent counts.

night, kim...

lulu24's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:48 PM

Well, yeah...that's why I'm thinking there must be more to the story. And if it were me..and anyone was forcing me to give up my child to an ex that was not part of the creation process...I would pack up my kid and take off too. F that..why are they doing this. Unless it is some homophobic judge...

That's what I'm thinking!

I agree and I guess I'm missing how the other woman has ANY legal standing in this.
they went through the creation process together, picked out the sperm together, and agreed to be parents together.

she has the same rights as any other parent, and rightfully so.

lulu24's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:45 PM
they are awarding custody to jenkins because she promised to be very liberal about visitation, while the other lady is trying to cut contact completely off.

the courts frown on one parent trying to shut the other one out.

lulu24's photo
Mon 12/28/09 12:05 AM
i always just typed mine on a computer.

any changes or revisions could be easily made...if i write it first, i just get frustrated by scratching stuff out. with a word processor, i can cut/paste, move things...whatever needed and it cuts down on the revision time.

but that's just me.

lulu24's photo
Sun 12/27/09 11:59 PM
granted, i didn't do a lot of looking, but it looks like the penny will be redesigned in 2010, not disappear.

lulu24's photo
Tue 12/22/09 09:12 AM
Don't forget that people can manually match with you.

If someone goes through your profile and likes what they see, they can click "Match with Her" and be placed into your Mutual Match line-up.

These make up a good portion of the Mutual Match system, and are people who are actually interested in you.

lulu24's photo
Sat 12/19/09 10:56 PM
me, me...i was here.

lulu24's photo
Sat 12/19/09 05:22 PM

sometimes I forget to log out but when i do and come back on its just the way that it was.

but i never log out. so why does the system do that
Sometimes, Queene, WE reset the site. If you ever see "Site down for maintenance", chances are you'll have to log back in.

lulu24's photo
Thu 12/17/09 06:03 PM

I still say you guys should cut down that 300% supposed increase, either that or I would be interested in the math you used to get that percent...I like math...bigsmile
i can only tell you what my personal experience with mingleplus has been...but i don't know how much is skewed from me being a moderator or not. i'm aware that people contact me solely for that purpose.

i've had over 803 views in the last three days.

i get twenty or more nudges per day...and i sometimes wake to over fifty emails in the morning.

it's almost been overwhelming, and several have been from my area. i'm almost tempted to change that no-dating policy of mine.

lulu24's photo
Thu 12/17/09 12:35 AM
why do we automatically assume that if a woman has multiple partners that she's more at risk for disease? women that have sex casually and for recreation are often MORE prepared, because they aren't buying into the "i'm in love with you" crap...

however, birth control isn't foolproof, and sometimes you end up pregnant when unexpected.

i'm all for sex being more free than it was several years ago. i don't believe in the theory that "my body is a temple" or that having sex is disrespecting myself. the body was made for sex, and if both parties are smiling afterward, it's a good thing...

lulu24's photo
Mon 12/14/09 05:24 PM

Reminder, guys, no growing tips or actual pictures of marijuana or other illegal substances.

Feel free to email each other, but keep it out of the open forum.

Be well,

Lori
Lead Moderator for Mingle2

Damn stoners.smokin
*chuckles quietly, shaking her head*

lulu24's photo
Mon 12/14/09 04:56 PM
Reminder, guys, no growing tips or actual pictures of marijuana or other illegal substances.

Feel free to email each other, but keep it out of the open forum.

Be well,

Lori

lulu24's photo
Sun 12/13/09 02:13 AM
my daughter's a bartender, and they are having their employee party on monday. i've been pretty much told i'm going, lol...by her and her friends.

should be interesting. i promise to behave.

lulu24's photo
Sat 12/12/09 07:19 PM

I'll take a very dark, Belgian, Trappist Monk Ale ... drinker

flowerforyou ... And a killer meal!
and now i'm salivating.

beer should have substance. heft. flavor.

lulu24's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:01 PM
New members will need to upgrade to MinglePlus in order to see who has viewed them. MinglePlus members also can see who has clicked "Yes" on them for Mutual Match, and they are placed at the beginning of any search.

All other features remain the same.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Be well,

Lori

lulu24's photo
Sun 12/06/09 12:15 AM
where i've noticed it happen is with my facebook contacts. if someone has their phone number posted on facebook, then it automatically puts their facebook pic as my caller ID for them.

it even overwrites the pic that i've chosen. kind of annoying, actually...and places their email into my phone, as well.

lulu24's photo
Thu 12/03/09 10:16 PM

Excessive thirst can sometimes be an indicator of Diabetes.
that's what i was about to say...

lulu24's photo
Thu 12/03/09 09:47 PM
There appears to be an issue with our IM system. We are aware of this, and are working on it. It'll be corrected as soon as possible, but that may not be until tomorrow.

As to the emails, there is a limit to the amount of first-contact emails that you can send out in one day. This is to further protect our valued members from spam.

Be well,

Lori

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25