Community > Posts By > Frankk1950

Frankk1950's photo
Sun 10/25/15 04:20 AM
Doing nothing also has consequences.

Frankk1950's photo
Sun 10/25/15 01:53 AM

for the op

religion: : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices.

God:

(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

As a Christian, I cannot have a God and no religion(personal set of attitudes , beliefs, and practices that fall in accordance with my belief in God)

so the answer is BOTH

as far as prayer, it is merely the communication between a believer and their creator,,,, the point is not whether God already knows, the point is the effort you put into the COMMUNICATION and the RELATIONSHIP you have with him

God is far from 'baseline' he is supernatural in his capacity for just judgement,,,,he made us in HIS image and we also have some of his attributes, like jealousy, or anger, but where they limit us , they do not limit him in the least

If we accept that there is a God,then did God create man in His image

or did man create God in man's image ?

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 10:59 PM
I'm more interested in the treats than the tricks.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 04:31 PM

The first person you think of in the morning & the last person you think of at night is the cause of either your happiness or your pain.

Or both.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 04:08 PM

"I'm at the stage where if a body part doesn't hurt, it probably doesn't work, either."

I don't know who said that originally, but I've said it many times. ohwell

It sounds like either Rodney Dangerfield, Jack Benny or George Burns

Heard you the first time, not deaf yet.

What was that you said ?

OMG !!!!

Ladies don't say things like that.

flowers

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 02:29 PM

Sounds like a night out in Dublin.

do they drink in Ireland?

Only on days and nights that end in "y"

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 10:16 AM
Eloquent,thoughtful,insightful,will need to read this several times.flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 05:57 AM

May or May not...But better to make sure about yourself before you judge anyone else...

I take it that is your judgement of my opinion then ???

I'm sure you are not judging me.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 03:59 AM

For those people who believe you should not judge.When your teenage daughter comes home and tells you she is pregnant or your teenage son has to take responsibility for another teen falling pregnant I believe you will regret your poor judgement in failing to judge them.

No, then you have failed as a parent in guiding them and making sure they're educated and know to use protection.
Parenting is not about judging, it's about teaching, educating and guiding your children, helping them become the best person they can be.

A good parent knows his/her child and sees when they're ready for sex and makes sure the child is prepared for that.
If you stick your head in the sand because you can't handle them having sex, you have failed them as a parent.
Then you blame the kid when they end up making babies? frustrated

I will not disagree with anything you say Crystal other than our interpretation of the word judgement.We judge when the time is right,we judge what is the appropriate advice,we judge the response,we judge whether our judgement is correct.Yes we can use words like assess,know,consider etc but in my opinion they all involve judgement.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 02:48 AM
For those people who believe you should not judge.When your teenage daughter come home and tells you she is pregnant or your teenage son has to take responsibility for another teen falling pregnant I believe you will regret your poor judgement in failing to judge them.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 01:50 AM

Usually, when one equates science and religion, there is a lack of understanding of both.

If one believes in God, there is no reason to think that science violates God's rules.

If one believes in science, there is no reason to think that both set of rules aren't the same.

The problem with the laws of science and the laws of God is that both are interpreted by man.

Another well thought out post.

This is no good I can't find anyone to argue with drinks

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 10/24/15 12:37 AM

I'm an odd duck in this one. I've 'violated' two 'laws' of physics and am awaiting a patent on a device that will change the world, literally. I am not what you would call a traditional Christian by any means but despite my own accomplishments I still think the beginning of things, the absolute beginning, not just that of our universe, has to be beyond our mortal ability to understand or even conceive in imagination. For us I don't think there will ever be a simple answer to the question of how it all began and I doubt we'll ever evolve to a level where we could understand such answer even if it existed. I just don't think we come equipped with the right cogs and springs for our minds to hold an image of existence in its entirety. Maybe that's where God steps in, or maybe we created him to cope with our own lack of ability to understand the deeper mysteries of life. I believe though, that no matter how far in we look, we'll always find an intelligent pattern to the design of the most infinitely tiny particle that makes up all we can see.

Well said,and the maybe's are much easier to digest than dogma.:thumbsup:

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 09:23 PM

However when I am buying from you I'll stick with tradition.

I am not selling anything and I don't care if you like my terms.
Be well citizen, carry on.

do You make moral decisions daily in Your life, according, based on some measure of accountability to God ?

No
I make decisions based on accountability to me. God doesn't care what I do. I am but a single manifestation in a Universe filled with activity. A Universe composed of God.

The original question still holds
God or Religion?

Since God has no sway on happiness or disgrace either answer is fine.
Your answer is important not to me but to yourself. Do you know your own beliefs? Just a question, not an accusation.

Disingenuous to leave out the first half of my statement.I never implied you were selling.What I was saying is if you make statements which are illogical to me that is not a problem,other than that you will arrive at a false conclusion.I accept that you are not selling,merely stating your position.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 08:24 PM
Not bad for a beginner.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

flowers

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 08:18 PM
It doesn't make any difference to reality if every scientist in the world agrees /believes there is a god.
Nor does it make any difference to reality if every scientist in the world agrees/believes there is no god.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 07:51 PM
Kudos to Funkyfranky and bigmoe,for the sentiments expressed.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 07:27 PM
Edited by Frankk1950 on Fri 10/23/15 07:38 PM
Yes we all make mistakes,mine was choosing to support Evertonlaugh
If we can't laugh at ourselves then we're as bad as (or as good as) Shanksdrinks
If we are not careful we'll get done for being off topic.
But we could argue that we are "on earth" talking about matters of extreme importance.

BTW Bally came to my hometown,a small town in Western Australia did a few training sessions and spoke at our end of season presentation night back in the 80's
http://bunburysoccer.weebly.com/soccer-for-whingers/way-back-when1

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 07:15 PM
Edited by Frankk1950 on Fri 10/23/15 07:22 PM

Well firstly welcome to Mingle.
Secondly, once I've deciphered your message I'll get back to you with a reply. You're still here to tell the tale so no harm done, but it sounds exciting and I for one can't wait to hear what happened.

Funky franky I would like to know if you are still laughing at the team I support ? :thumbsup:

You can't have been an Everton supporter because you wouldn't poke fun.

''''Once Everton has touched you, nothing else is ever quite the same'''.

Who said this, and he won the world cup as well

Alan Ball,I watched most of that World cup as a teenager.

I prefer Bill Shankly's quote
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious"

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 07:12 PM

Perceive... Or to look at...

What I'm suggesting is there's a third factor that isn't necessary nature or nurture, as is commonly held.

What, again, doesn't exist ?

I stand corrected,I made the false assumption that if it is neither then the problem did not exist.I was locked into an either or mindset in this discussion.My mistake.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 10/23/15 07:01 PM

Well firstly welcome to Mingle.
Secondly, once I've deciphered your message I'll get back to you with a reply. You're still here to tell the tale so no harm done, but it sounds exciting and I for one can't wait to hear what happened.

Funky franky I would like to know if you are still laughing at the team I support ? :thumbsup:

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 22 23