Community > Posts By > Frankk1950

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 06/02/16 09:56 AM

It is not a Christian atrocity.It is an atrocity committed by people who are falsely claiming to be Christians.Christianity unreservedly condemns such acts.I am not a Christian.
Many of the atrocities committed by Muslims are condoned by the teachings of various sects of this ideology.
The scales we should seek to balance are good and evil.Two evil acts merely add to the imbalance.

Ah - the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Not so.
The "no true Scotsman" fallacy is based on the ambiguity of the definition.My use of the term "unreservedly" removes the ambiguity inherent in the fallacy in this spcific instance.

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 06/02/16 06:17 AM

For a little balance, how about a modern Christian atrocity:

"[The Central African Republic Genocide] is an ongoing conflict... While the UN hasn’t called it a genocide yet, Reuters acknowledges that what the Christians are doing is ethnic cleansing against a Muslim minority. The conflict is very much one of Christians working to expel Muslims from the country, and by all accounts, they’ve been very successful so far."

Pot meet kettle.

Not only do I condemn Muslims who do terrible things, but I also condemn EVERYONE who sinks to that level.

It is not a Christian atrocity.It is an atrocity committed by people who are falsely claiming to be Christians.Christianity unreservedly condemns such acts.I am not a Christian.
Many of the atrocities committed by Muslims are condoned by the teachings of various sects of this ideology.
The scales we should seek to balance are good and evil.Two evil acts merely add to the imbalance.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 05/17/16 11:37 PM
I just came to investigate the big bang.
It's ok,it was just Rob and Rains colliding.
Welcome.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 05/13/16 08:05 PM

slaphead My phone couldn't even handle this story

laugh
People mind other peoples business when their own isn't worth minding..... Why don't the naïve wake up and accept that men are not faithful rather than continually citing examples that make the case of infidelity as a norm of men... DUH

Because this post is not about infidelity but about the depravity of the men and women who facilitated this depravity and the corruption or ineptitude of law enforcement which allows them to virtually get away with it.

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 05/04/16 02:43 AM
Very witty,love it.:thumbsup:

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 05/03/16 09:00 PM
I notice all those laughing are women.
I assume all the guys are empathizing with the poor bloke.

Good one mzrosie.:cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/26/16 02:46 AM
Sorry,I don't think my clothes would fit you and you probably wouldn't like my style.

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:27 AM

Lung,
I have just one question will publicly denounce Al Queada, and IsIS?
Will you actually say the word
"Isis and Al Queada are not muslims, and I don't regard them as part of the Muslim community, and what they are doing is in direct contradiction to Islam, and they should be stopped at any cost"?

ok, apparently something was lost in translation. ..let's try this again. With yes/no
Lung,
1. Do you consider Al Queda and ISIS true Muslims? Yes/no
2. Do you regard Al Queda and ISIS as brothers in the Muslim community? Yes/no
3. Do you believe the actions of Al Queda and ISIS are in contradiction to Islamic teaching? Yes/no
4. Do you agree that Al Queda and ISIS should be stopped at any cost? Yes/no

Al Queda and ISIS are not true Muslims. They are brothers in the Muslim and non Muslim communities. Their actions of are in contradiction to Islamic teaching.
Islamic terrorism is, by definition, terrorist acts committed by Muslim groups or individuals who profess Islamic or Islamist motivations or goals. Islamic terrorists have relied on the tenets of the Quran and the Hadith, citing these scriptures to justify violent tactics including mass murder, genocide, child molestation and slavery.
One ideology that plays a role in terrorism by using the name of Islam, is Wahabism. Wahabism and its allies including Salafism (Salafi jihadism) supports war against any one and every one who is not like them.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab (militant group), Boko Haram, Indonesian Mujahedeen Council,Taliban, Sipah Sahaba, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Hizbul Mujahideen follow intolerant Wahabi or Salafi ideology which is opposed by other Muslims.
Fethullah Gülen, a prominent Turkish Islamic scholar, has claimed that "a real Muslim," who understood Islam in every aspect, could not be a terrorist. There are many other people with similar points of view such as Karen Armstrong, Prof. Ahmet Akgunduz (tr), Harun Yahya and Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri. Huston Smith, an author on comparative religion, noted that extremists have hijacked Islam, just as has occurred periodically in Christianity, Hinduism and other religions throughout history.
Ali Gomaa, former Grand Mufti of Egypt, stated not only for the Islam but in general: "Terrorism cannot be born of religion. Terrorism is the product of corrupt minds, hardened hearts, and arrogant egos, and corruption, destruction, and arrogance are unknown to the heart attached to the divine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Economic_motivations
So I agree that Al Qaeda, ISIS and all terrorists should be stopped at any cost.

Thank you for your answer Mr. Lung.I believe you have answered the question sincerely and honestly and I commend you for doing this.

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 04/21/16 09:05 PM

"Let us temper our criticism with kindness"
A noble thought.
Thank you for the post JaiGi. :thumbsup:

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 04/21/16 07:39 PM
As usual Igor there is a good deal of logic involved in your post.I tend to agree with the general thoughts expressed by you.Unfortunately many people view logic as dispassionate and unromantic.I have often stated that it is not the differences that arise between couples that cause the problem but the way in which those differences are managed.You can view differences as a threat,as a demand or as a means of getting to really understand the other persons character.Even if you don't agree with the position held by the other person there are still benefits to be gained by really trying to understand and showing respect for the other persons perspective.As always it takes two to tango.

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 04/21/16 05:44 AM

No intention whatsoever to redirect.I too would love to see Mr Lung condemn the actions of ISIS.However,how sincere such a condemnation would be in view of the practice of Taqiyya is another matter.As I'm sure Conrad would agree Mr Lung is rather evasive when it comes to laying the blame where it needs to be laid.

Taqiyya
Taqiya means: "Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of eminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.”A one-word translation would be "dissimulation."
Taqiyya holds a central place in Twelver Shia Islam. This is sometimes explained by the minority position Shias had under the political dominance of Sunni Muslims, requiring them to protect themselves through concealment and dissimulation. In Shia legal literature, there is a range of situations in which taqiyya may be used or even required. For Shia Muslims, taqiyya is to conceal their association with their faith when revealing it would result in danger. Taqiyya is done for reasons of safety. For example, a person may fear that he might be killed or harmed if he does not observe taqiyya. In this case, taqiyya is allowed. However, in some circumstances taqiyya may lead to the death of an innocent person; if so, it is not permissible; it is forbidden to kill a human being to save one's own life.
Al-Taqiyya According To The Sunnis
Some Sunnis assert that al-Taqiyya is an act of pure hypocrisy that serves to conceal the truth and reveal that which is the exact opposite (of the truth). Furthermore, according to those Sunnis, al-Taqiyya constitutes a lack of faith and trust in Allah because the person who conceals his beliefs to spare himself from eminent danger is fearful of humans, when, in fact, he should be fearful of Allah only. As such, this person is a coward.
Although some Wahhabis, aggressively defame the Shi’a and refute their doctrines, they have failed to explain the validity of their argument vis-a-vis the existence of these same doctrines in their own books.
Raymond Ibrahim wrote;
Taqiyya offers two basic uses. The better known revolves around dissembling over one's religious identity when in fear of persecution. Such has been the historical usage of taqiyya among Shi'i communities whenever and wherever their Sunni rivals have outnumbered and thus threatened them. Conversely, Sunni Muslims, far from suffering persecution have, whenever capability allowed, waged jihad against the realm of unbelief; and it is here that they have deployed taqiyya—not as dissimulation but as active deceit. In fact, deceit, which is doctrinally grounded in Islam, is often depicted as being equal—sometimes superior—to other universal military virtues, such as courage, fortitude, or self-sacrifice.
Ironically, however, Sunnis living in the West today find themselves in the place of the Shi'a: Now they are the minority surrounded by their traditional enemies—Christian infidels—even if the latter, as opposed to their Reconquista predecessors, rarely act on, let alone acknowledge, this historic enmity. In short, Sunnis are currently experiencing the general circumstances that made taqiyya integral to Shi'ism although without the physical threat that had so necessitated it.
In March 2009—Saudi legal expert Basem Alem publicly echoed this view:
As a member of the true religion, I have a greater right to invade [others] in order to impose a certain way of life [according to Shari'a], which history has proven to be the best and most just of all civilizations. This is the true meaning of offensive jihad. When we wage jihad, it is not in order to convert people to Islam, but in order to liberate them from the dark slavery in which they live.
http://www.meforum.org/2538/taqiyya-islam-rules-of-war
http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/al-taqiyya-dissimulation-part-1

You still fail to answer the question asked by Isaac.Your reply is further confirmation of your evasiveness.I acknowledge that you are in an invidious position to the extent that condemnation of ISIS could put you in danger and because of the practice of taqiyya most people would not believe your answer even if you did condemn their actions.Perhaps this just highlights the insidious nature of the Islamic cult.I wonder on what basis Basem Alem claimed to be a member of "the true religion" and what criteria he used to judge that Sharia law led to "the best and most just of all civilizations".I'm quite sure some people would question his judgement on both issues.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 07:35 AM

Bad News: Only 6% of Americans trust the media –

http://youtu.be/S25qKEGWvH0/
02:19

But what is worse is that the 96% that don't trust the media probably trust the internet ohwell

Looks like you found that red wine,it's affecting your maths.drinks

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 06:31 AM

A farmer named Sam was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture
in Hereford when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a
cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan
sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the farmer,
"If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd,
will you give me a calf?"
Sam looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his
peacefully grazing animals and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,
connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA
page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an
exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA
satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and
exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany ...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image
has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL
database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his
Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,
miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the Farmer and says, "You
have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Sam.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with
amusement as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his car.
Then Sam says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what
your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a Member of the European Parliament", says Sam.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered Sam. "You showed up here even though
nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew,
to a question I never asked. You used millions of pounds worth of
equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you
don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about
cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.

Now give me back my dog.

That my friends is the problem with the EU

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 06:08 AM

And there's Noah and his smiling family moving their possessions onto the Ark.
Keep this picture for posterity because in 3000 years time there will be people who say this flood of Biblical proportions never happened.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 05:50 AM
No intention whatsoever to redirect.I too would love to see Mr Lung condemn the actions of ISIS.However,how sincere such a condemnation would be in view of the practice of Taqiyya is another matter.As I'm sure Conrad would agree Mr Lung is rather evasive when it comes to laying the blame where it needs to be laid.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 05:20 AM
Edited by Frankk1950 on Tue 04/19/16 05:28 AM

You guys might be hearing around or not here's news.. It is possible that mother nature will soon going to strike us in the form of earthquake and it will be so porful that continent can get drifted just like ice age continental drift...Well what else we can do nothing just blah blah **** ...But what if next morning we wake and everything just changes what will be ur reaction if alive...

If I am alive the next morning then I will assume I am not extinct and your prediction was wrong.However having been called a dinosaur on a number of occasions perhaps I am already extinct and am just not aware of it. :wink:

Yup that's why us crocodiles, sharks, Komono Dragons are still around. We weren't into social media, so we just kept on a truckin. Lol you made me kick up my coffee.

Sorry about the coffee Rob, but I think it means I'm still alive if you read my post.drinker

Glad it made you smile KiaMea.flowerforyou

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 04:25 AM

Lung,

I have just one question will publicly denounce Al Queada, and IsIS?

Will you actually say the word

"Isis and Al Queada are not muslims, and I don't regard them as part of the Muslim community, and what they are doing is in direct contradiction to Islam, and they should be stopped at any cost"?

There is one inherent problem in your challenge Isaac.It is permissable under Islamic law to lie if is done with the intention of promoting Islam.There are many passages in the Koran which permit lying to non-muslims.In the Koran,Allah is described as the greatest of all deceivers,as if deception is a virtue.Christianity in principle condemns lying buy unfortunately when it comes to practice there are many supposedly Christian groups who apparently indulge in all sorts of deception.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 04/19/16 12:20 AM

Lung1954,you have endorsed the comments of elle 381 which unless I am mistaken state that the atrocities committed by IS/ISIS/Hezbollah/Taliban/AlQaidah and by terrorist groups in general,regardless of their claimed religious affiliations are purely the actions of terrorists.She asks people to do their own research (which she has failed to do on the Irish question) and not listen to the propaganda trotted out by governments,newspapers and other groups with hateful agendas,although how the ordinary citizen can do this eludes me.You then proceed to list the actions of dozens of minority groups,many,I am sure most people never heard of.Is this not the anththesis of what you have just endorsed ?

elle381 said;
Because any human who claims to be above God and judge, kill, demolish, terrorize another human being, country or such is not a religious person/group…
But now since other terrorist groups say to kill and punish in the name of, we call them by their religion.
Shameful…
A terrorist group is just a terrorist group and we should use the name of religion they use to justify their actions to spread more chaos and divided hatred, simply because it's not the religious (christian, catholic, islamic, buddist, hinduist, jewish, atheist) thing to do!

I agree with her and listed groups of Christian terrorists to support her idea.

There may be reason for confusion here in that I believe there is a word missing in elle381'S post."A terrorist group is just a terrorist group and we should use the name of religion they use to justify their actions".I believe she meant to say was A terrorist group is just a terrorist group and we should NOT use the name of the religion they use to justify their actions.In any case what is the point of naming nondescript minoity gangs and ascribing their actions to mainstream Christianity.Any real Christian will condemn their rhetoric and actions as nonchristian.So you agree with her and then happily proceed to label them Christian terrorists to support her idea. ?????

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 04/18/16 02:54 AM
I like the way you use the biblical euphemism "goes into" but I doubt if the Sunday school teacher would use this story to explain the meaning of the term.:thumbsup:

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 04/18/16 02:45 AM

Swift "justice" has resulted in many cases of wrongful conviction and execution.

Oh here we go now. Manson and his nut jobs were wrongly convicted eh?

Wow, I need to really rethink Darwinism now. There really are people so stupid out there that should be extinct by now.

I fail to see how your response has any connection to my statement.Neither in this post or any of my previous posts have I inferred anything that might imply that they were wrongly convicted.In fact I have stated that in my opinion the death penalty was too lenient for their particular crimes.If you can present something which refutes my statement rather than an irrelevant and ignorant rant I would be interested in reading it.You need to rethink more than Darwinism.

Yea, your rush to judgment statements. All typical liberal babbling BS statements.

This is the one case I actually have basically read everything there is out there on, the true, the bogus, the BS. They had they're a$$es dead to rights, the little trial outbursts, witness tampering and intimidation and the family members outside the court creating a commotion and doing anything humanly possible to get in front of the media.

Manson knew exactly what he was doing and even tried to force a mistrial in a rather clever stunt showing the jury a current newspaper article that President Nixon declared them guilty, then there was trying to physically attack the judge when he didn't get his way.

I also read that the Secret Service still has many members on their list to monitor.

My statement has nothing to do with Manson or any specific individual or judgement.If you wish to dispute anything I have said then deal with it in the context it was made.My statement is a statement of fact and with universal relevance.The statement,in my opinion does not reflect bias of a philosophical,political or cultural nature.If your response to my comment is indicative of your reasoning ability then your personal opininion on the Manson case is in my view very suspect.You may very well have read everything that is out there on this particular case but I'm sure that there is a lot of information that is not out there of which you are not aware.Of course you are entitled to express your opinion on the Manson case and to criticise the justice system in your country and to criticise any comments I have made.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23