Community > Posts By > Frankk1950

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 02/25/16 05:35 AM

Surely JC was just what the likes of David Blaine, Dynamo, Harry Houdini etc are today.

I doubt if too many people will be talking about David Blaine, Dynamo, Harry Houdini in 2000 years time.So there's one difference.

Frankk1950's photo
Thu 02/25/16 01:49 AM
I'm here because if I was anywhere else I would be there.
If I was there,then there would be here and here would be there and it would be very confusing.I wouldn't know whether I was here or there.But that's neither here nor there,because I'm still confused most of the time.

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/24/16 07:02 PM

I had 'Ants in my pants, that made me dance, till I worked 152hrs. a week in the summer, and 60 hrs. the rest. All I can say is ' Wonder what it's like to Take it easy'? :banana:

I'd be very interested to know how you can work 21.7 hours a day in the summer.

Wild land firefighting. Try it sometime.

( more like 16 hrs. a day 152hrs. a week ).
Was your previous question a typo error?

I didn't realize you had a different maths system in the US.I know your gallon is different.In our system 7 * 16 is 112 , 7 * 21.7 is 151.9 reasonably close to 152.Or perhaps you have you work on a ten day week but that doesn't quite compute either.

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/24/16 06:36 PM
I thought colour pictures were a fairly recent development. shocked ill

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/24/16 09:04 AM

Hi i am come me

I bet you make the older ladies swoon when you talk like this.
[/quote

rofl rofl rofl rofl I just wonder what he's trying to write here lol

At the risk of being wrong I believe he is replying to JewelF and is trying to say
Hi I am your age,come to me.
Limited English and different culture,often misunderstood.

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/24/16 05:31 AM

I had 'Ants in my pants, that made me dance, till I worked 152hrs. a week in the summer, and 60 hrs. the rest. All I can say is ' Wonder what it's like to Take it easy'? :banana:

I'd be very interested to know how you can work 21.7 hours a day in the summer.

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 02/22/16 07:59 PM

touching my tools

TMommy has already touched on that one.
Sorry !,I misunderstood.I was never that attached to my hammer and chisels.

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 02/22/16 06:24 PM

Not sure but I think this thread is dated. Probably should have started a new one.

That's just great. This thread can get a date, but I can't. grumble

Don't feel too bad David,this thread will never be dated so you will never be alone on that score.drinker

Frankk1950's photo
Mon 02/22/16 05:06 AM
It is nice to see the care expressed by each poster and there is lots of sound advice contained in the responses.There are times when it is not advice that is sought but simply someone to talk with,as the poster has stated.Yes she has asked for advice on how to move on but her immediate need is someone to talk to.I could very well be mistaken in my assessment of the situation.

Frankk1950's photo
Sat 02/20/16 06:37 AM
Expose scammers by checking their profiles

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 02/19/16 04:35 PM
Edited by Frankk1950 on Fri 02/19/16 04:49 PM

FYI, people don't speak Gaelic. Instead, they have the Gaelic.
Those who have the Gaelic know what I am talking about.

Plus, one can have a Celtic background without being Irish.
Scotsmen are just as Celtic as Irishmen,
which is fitting because the first people to belt called "Scots"
were Celts who immigrated from Eire to Alba and then intermarried with the Picts.

I question that David,I speak Gaelic.When I translate into English I use the English language not the Irish idiom.

What I wrote earlier was told to me by people who have the Gaelic.
The idiom is one used by Scottish people, too.
Remember, Gaelic is the language of the Scots, too. laugh drinker

When using the Gaelic language, do you say, "I speak Gaelic" or do you say, "I have the Gaelic"?

When speaking Gaelic the question is "Do you have Gaelic" Translated word for word
The answer is " I have Gaelic" word for word
Answering in the English language it makes more sense to say I speak English.

Someone also referred to Eire, this is like referring to Greece as Hellas.When speaking English the country is Ireland and Greece.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 02/19/16 02:09 PM

FYI, people don't speak Gaelic. Instead, they have the Gaelic.
Those who have the Gaelic know what I am talking about.

Plus, one can have a Celtic background without being Irish.
Scotsmen are just as Celtic as Irishmen,
which is fitting because the first people to belt called "Scots"
were Celts who immigrated from Eire to Alba and then intermarried with the Picts.

I question that David,I speak Gaelic.When I translate into English I use the English language not the Irish idiom.

Frankk1950's photo
Fri 02/19/16 11:51 AM

I am American of Irish/German decent. Irish being the majority. I do know of my Irish heritage and my family line and I do take pride in it I have learned of my forefathers ( and the Irish in general) struggles to blend into the American society.

We do the St Patrick's day thing although, I really have no idea what his claim to fame is. And Easter is big in my family.

But my ethnic roots takes a distant 2nd to what I am.. A American.

While I can understand all of the American dialects.. per region, I do at times find myself saying " what did you say" to some of the folks from the south. ( and they say the same to me) And I am most comfortable taking in my own (NYC) dialect with others from my area.

It is incredible how many Americans have an Irish/ Celtic background.
Sometimes I wonder WHO discovered this country.. Hhhaaa.

Saint Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. Most Irish Americans are RomanCatholic. They came because of persecution. Only to be persecuted again. Most white slavery in the USA they were Irish Catholic immigrants.
Most coal miners are the same.
Most cops.. Were.. the same.
Why? Because those were occupations at the bottom.

Unfortunately most of what you say about the Irish is not correct.
Saint Patrick was not Irish and he did not drive the snakes out of Ireland (they didn't have cars back in the 5th Century :wink: ) Most of the Irish immigrants left Ireland in the 19th Century because of the the Famine and the atrocious living conditions in Ireland after the Famine.The developing colonies offered great hope for the millions who left poverty stricken Ireland,building roads,railways,canals and cities.Yes there were hundreds of thousands of Irish slaves in the preceding centuries who were sold into slavery as part of a religious persecution but many of those who left Ireland for the US were Scotch Irish from Ulster who went there as settlers in the British colonies.

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/17/16 12:59 PM

Well let me think...

I have pretty much limitless patience with people.
Even when they are really stupid.
I have a natural calmness, during a crisis.
Although, when I see someone panicking or freakin out,
I want to shoot them.
Or at least knock them out.

Let me help!

You respond well to having your a$$ kicked. drinks

Frankk1950's photo
Wed 02/17/16 06:59 AM
Surely this applies equally to women ?

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 02/16/16 05:12 AM

There is no nitty gritty...Sex appeal is the one that is lacking frustrated

:angel:

Damn,I was hoping for some pictures brokenheart

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 02/16/16 05:07 AM

God damnit can I please get in touch with a girl with brain cells sex appeal and charisma?frustrated

<<<< 2 out of 3 isn't bad, right? :thumbsup:

I will let you decide which one is missing tongue2

Come on Nancy,you are just fishing :smile:
But I'll take the bait,I'll give you 3/3. flowers

smitten

You see,there's your charisma and brain cells showing through.
Now lets get down to the nitty gritty. drool

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 02/16/16 04:55 AM

God damnit can I please get in touch with a girl with brain cells sex appeal and charisma?frustrated

<<<< 2 out of 3 isn't bad, right? :thumbsup:

I will let you decide which one is missing tongue2

Come on Nancy,you are just fishing :smile:
But I'll take the bait,I'll give you 3/3. flowers

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 02/16/16 04:46 AM
Pay the man, then they will all become instantly clear.What they want may not be so clear although it will usually be more money.

Frankk1950's photo
Tue 02/16/16 04:32 AM

I heard a true story, on my paranormal investigations. There was this guy, he got on a yacht. He took it out to a severe storm. He jumped into the crows nest and demanded that if God was a reality, that he be struck dead. He was struck by lightning and died. True story..

The story may well be true Rob but the assumptions contained therein are tenuous at best.

I agree, yet the end result was uncanny.

So is winning Lotto,it happens to some people.But this guy got a bigger shock than he was expecting.

You win some you lose some.C'est la vie,or in this case La Fin.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 22 23