Community > Posts By > checkinguout12

no photo
Thu 10/06/16 11:10 AM

I don't knw wat gals think of a military guy but its like we r nt living in society nymore. The nature of wrk we do is cant be described in words. It is something dat gals shud b proud of. Then wats da prblm here...?
[/quote

For me I tend to stay away because of all the times I did try to get to know military men on these dating sites... it ended up they were nothing but scammers... another one I stay away from are engineers... for the same reason....

Now I just try to make sure they do live near me so I can meet them and know they are who they say they are....

Good luck to you though....

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 09:28 AM
I have met several for a drink, went out with one for a few dates.... and I have made some friends....

Nobody serious yet..... but will continue to look, online as well as off...

Good luck to you...

no photo
Sat 10/01/16 01:32 PM

IMHO, after the death of a spouse... because we all grieve differently... to wear your band until you are ready to 'move on' seems ok to me.
I have a beautiful 'engagement' ring, which, when I wear it now, I wear it on my right ring finger, as a dinner ring..
works for me.

I do the same thing with my engagement ring.... I decided to remove my rings two years after my husband passed away... but it seemed such a shame never to wear it again, so I put it on my right hand sometimes...

no photo
Sat 10/01/16 05:23 AM
I think I'm online... or maybe I'm still dreaming... lol

no photo
Sat 10/01/16 05:22 AM

Name a profession that would draw your attention and make you more attractive to him/her

I have to say a profession doesn't attract me to anyone..... I look at the person not the job.....

but there are a few professions on these dating sites that will make me delete an email real fast...Only because of all the scammers on here...

Military and engineers....

I have lots of family in the military and I know there are a lot of good men in the military as well...

My late husband was an engineer so I have nothing against engineers either....

I have just found those 2 professions are used a lot on here by scammers because it gives them a good reason for being away when they say they live near you..... so I don't even respond to them ....Unless it is a very boring day and I just want to see how far they will take things....lol

no photo
Mon 09/26/16 11:22 AM

Girls are all the same, only think about money ? maybe thats why i´m single

So far, almost all the girls I talked only have an interest, find a man with money.
Most girls lied about the current address, city or country, 95% of women, the first question they ask is what we do in life, which is our job, because they are looking for someone to support and not looking for love.

THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Although I find that women are not equal, most I have known here are a complete disappointment, I believe that not all women who are here are like but the truth is that most are.

So I just have one thing to say to these women:

That was my thought exactly.... thanks for posting it for me.... lol

I was told by a neighbor(male by the way).. most men my age these days are only looking for a nurse or a purse.... lol

...and then you have the other side of the coin:

no photo
Sun 09/18/16 05:45 AM

In Korea...if you go to sleep with a fan on in the room, you will die.

I'm Not...

But if this one were true about the fan, I would have been dead a long time ago....lol

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:04 PM

Welcome back wolfman waving

When I think of serenity as an ongoing journey instead of a destination with a pressing deadline, I actually feel less pressured and more serene :)

In a way , it is the journey of becoming your own best friend and cheerleader.... which involves the role of encouraging yourself to explore ventures that you could be good at, and applauding yourself for the effort. And then there is the other part of friendship which is inspiring and motivating yourself to work on the the areas you are weak at, and applaud yourself for that too.

Thankfully on the days we are too overwhelmed by life to be our own best friend , that's where supportive family and other friends step in

Peggy you Took the words right out of my mouth...
I have been on my own for some time and yes I do want that someone special again to share my life with.... But when it gets right down to it, I like myself and happy with where I am in life..... So I can spend time alone and still be okay...
I try to look at the positive things and not the negative...
That's what I call serenity!!!!

And that's how I'm able to handle things when it is a rough day...

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 11:31 AM

trying to find serenity over 40 years....Where is it?

Hello there wolfman...nice to see you again... hope you are doing well....

I was very surprised when I finally found serenity.... it was in the last place I thought to look...

I just looked within myself and there it was...

Other people may have found it in other places so I'll be curious to see what everyone says...

Thank you my friend, it is nice to be home again after a hectic summer of fires here and US.

The thread appealed to me so thought it would be interesting to hear others view points.

Glad you are home and safe...
Yes it is a very good topic

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 11:29 AM

There isn't much for me in a life of serenity. I would rather things have a bit more of a mix-up. If you cant step out of your comfort zone,then there isn't much room for growth......

I don't think having serenity in your life means you can't still step out of your box and try new things... I find I still grow everyday but it's nice to be at peace with myself When I need it... Meditation brings me back to my center...

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 10:59 AM

trying to find serenity over 40 years....Where is it?

Hello there wolfman...nice to see you again... hope you are doing well....

I was very surprised when I finally found serenity.... it was in the last place I thought to look...

I just looked within myself and there it was...

Other people may have found it in other places so I'll be curious to see what everyone says...

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 04:29 PM

Sure I'd love to have a conversation..
What would you like to talk about..
Hang on wait a minute !..my doorbell just rang I'll be right back.....

.. okay I'm back... so what were we talking about?..
Oh that's right a conversation..
Hang on a minute I've got to go put the coffee water on..

... okay sorry about that now what were we talking about..?..
.. oh yeah some kind of conversation..
Well you pick a topic.. I can speak to anything..
Wait a minute I got to go turn the TV down it's way too loud...

.... so I'm back now did you pick a conversation yet.?...

You know what hang on my phone is ringing.....lol

You are so funny and make me laugh all of the time...lol

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 12:41 PM
Edited by checkinguout12 on Thu 09/08/16 12:41 PM

HUH???????what

I'm right there wit you Peggy.... No Idea!!! LOL

Maybe its a secret code for someone...

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 06:56 AM
I just hope I have someone special to kiss New Years eve and really ring in the 2017 in right...lol

no photo
Sat 09/03/16 01:32 PM

so far I've run into nothing but ******** on here or any free dating site, which isn't the sites fault at all. but one thing i found to expose someone who may be trying to scam you is this...

request that they do a VERY specific action in a picture that is not normal fare....and the metadata (save pic, check properties/details) on the pic should be in a time frame after the request was made. now this will only prove that they are in fact the person you are conversing with, and nothing more. but sometimes that may just be enough. then you can get a feel if they have an agenda other than connecting.

here is an example:
request that they write something you tell them to on a piece of paper and take a pic of themselves holding it up under their face. be creative! if they think you are joking and repeatedly dance around doing that, then chances are they are not legit.

They are not just on Free dating sites..... they make it on the ones you Pay good money for.... That's why I don't pay anymore...lol

no photo
Fri 09/02/16 10:40 AM
If I could go back and know what I know now.... I'm in my 20's...
I wouldn't want to make the same mistakes...lol

no photo
Fri 09/02/16 06:46 AM

Well personally I would talk to them at least once on the phone...
Last thing you want to do is show up and find out he has a voice like a little girl.. or she has a voice like a man..
Creepy..lol.. but outside of that meeting each other face-to-face is kind of the end result of being online..
It's the finish line.. the prize in the box of cereal.. the o in..orgasm..
If you catch my meaning.. lol

You are right about it being the finish line meeting face to face...

I guess I just like to bring the finish line closer to the beginning to see if it is worth finishing the race...lol
so far I have just found friends...

lol....I never gave to much thought to the voice, but now I'll be thinking of that all of the time....lol and yes that would be creepy, especially if the lights were out....lol

no photo
Thu 09/01/16 07:15 PM

If I meet a girl that soon, and she wants to sniff my neckline cause she just loves the smell of a good man????? Yeah. I am so moving to another state. scared laugh

Just because I want to meet face to face doesn't mean I want to smell them...lol

the most I do is shake their hand and say nice to meet you....lol

no photo
Thu 09/01/16 06:09 PM

I personally don't see anything wrong with you meeting someone face to face rather quickly. I would recommend doing at least a Skype, viber, what's app, or Facebook, something video so you know at least he is real. I used to have an iron clad rule.... video and I would screenshot a pic if that isn't who showed up I was so out of there.

Also I would want a phone number, I mean life happens what if either is going to be held Up?

I wouldn't recommend relying on the site for a message, shyt happens site could crash, message doesn't go through, a whole list of things could go wrong.

Well I read farther down a bit. So this one is scratched. On to the next onelaugh

Have fun be safeflowerforyou

Yes this one really showed his true side and it wasn't pretty, so I guess I dodged a bullet there.. lol

Thanks for your advice though.. all of it will come in handy for the next time...

no photo
Thu 09/01/16 06:06 PM

hi checkinguout waving

My question is, what's stopping either of you from calling each other?

Some minglers actually advised me to get a separate number for online dating, so in the worst case scenario , you can discard that number without it affecting your other cell interactions.

And I also agree with babykriss. Im a firm believer in video chat. Too many people use fake pics or old pics that do not properly reflect the current incarnation of themselves.

Plus I get a better sense of my chemistry with a person through reading their body language while listening to their voice, and they can do the same for me.

There was a guy I met on another site and our emailing chemistry was great , and by the time we video chatted, the chemistry was really awful . A date with him would have been disastrous in my opinion.

That being said , meeting him in a public place without calling him isn't crazy . You dont have much to lose I think. At most it might be a boring or awkward date, which you have the right to cut short if it suits you. No biggie. Good luck to you, hope it works out the way you want.flowerforyou
[/quote

Peggy you are so right about chemistry...that is why I like to meet in person to see if there is any kind of spark going on... There have been some I met and had one drink and couldn't wait to finish so I could leave.. but then there were others that it was a very nice experience and we are still friends.. it just wasn't a love conection...