Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/13/09 07:34 PM
Loyalty. Because I give my loyalty. And I've seem to many people use honesty as a weapon to deliberately hurt and manipulate people.

When I decide that someone is a friend or that some thing is important and I give my loyalty to that person or group, I have to hope I have that same loyalty in return.

The down side is that sometimes it take me longer to see that the situation or friendship has changed over time and that perhaps it is no longer a good place for me or a good fit.

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/13/09 07:30 PM
When you are looking at the picture in whatever viewer you have on your computer, there is usually an icon at the bottom or top that allows you to rotate them.

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/13/09 06:37 PM

Did you really or you just messin' with us?

Really...

it is sat in a box....on a towel in my daughter's bedroom, as it is cool and dark in there...

seriously, and really , truly..

For a wild animal let a person take it home like that, sounds like it might be sick. Hope it turns out okay when the proper authorities come pick it up.

My dad says he wished he knew about wildlife vets when he was in school, because he told his career counselor that he liked animals and the outdoors, and he was guided into the forestry program.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/12/09 07:48 PM

1984 was required reading when i was in high school

Great! So I take it that was the last book you read?

It was not required in my school district. On the other hand, we had a Senior English class that was exclusively Science Fiction. That was fun.

Still, I read 1984. It was very short, interesting, exciting sections separated by long, tedious, boring sections.

I would rather read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/12/09 04:26 PM
I shall probably throw in the movie from which your current avatar is derived.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/12/09 04:14 PM
It would be perfect right now, but I don't own it.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/12/09 04:11 PM

I know it is silly and cheesy, but I cannot help liking this movie.

Sometimes, silly and cheesy is exactly what one wants. It fills a niche perfectly.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/11/09 04:33 PM
Wow. No one even looked. As it is, I'm in the process of making the soup. Onions, garlic, chicken bullion, celery seed, thai peppers for some heat, water, spinach. I'ld add cream but I don't have any. I may add a bit of milk instead. I read a handful of recipes and now am making it up as I go.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 05:08 PM
People put stuff up in bitterness. Take it with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, if a good friend hates a guy you are seeing, it pays to figure out why.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 03:57 PM
It's the cuddly vs sexy issue. Or so I think. Then I was skinnier, I had an hour glass figure. I'm also short. Somehow, that came off as cuddly to most of the guys while my flat chested, athletically build sister managed to come off as sexy. Everyone wanted to be friends with me and date my sister. Until they realized she was only in 8th grade and that totally freaked them out until she hit the high school the following year.

But as the years went by, the pattern stayed pretty much the same. Unless you are tall and willowy as well, curvy girls run the risk of being cuddly and therefore friend material.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 03:48 PM
I figured out Muligatawny. It isn't perfected yet. Texture isn't quite right yet.

But I'm thinking about trying my hand at figuring out spinach soup next.

I have about a bowl of spinach left that is looking a little on the edge of sad for salad, would would be perfect for a blended soup.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 03:23 PM

Granted its only a short time, but I cannot believe that I have only
received a handful of e-mail and what 6 nudges. I am fairly attractive, advernturesome but I think I made a mistake in joining.
I have been on many dating sites and people want to meet people, I have found that is anything but true here. I mean no disrepect to the people of mingle but even attempting to join into a forum is like getting a dog bite that you really do not want to go back to where you were bitten. I joined and when my time is up, I wish I could say it was a pleasure. I find it more of a blog site than a real dating site.
I think something is really missing here. Its just an opinion and
everyone has one.. Good Luck to Mingle....

I've met a couple people through here. The people I would most like to meet are just too far away. But one thing other sites lack that I just love here is the forum feature. In the time I've been on here, there have been a number of people that have had great success. If you want instant gratification, then you may want to avoid online sites at all. 7 days and 61 posts is hardly any time at all.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 05:40 AM

I cant seem to get into romance novels much at all.Once in a blue moon, as in once every 5 years or so Ill read one, but otherwise, they just dont do it for me.

Now if there's a type of detective type, like PAtterson or Laurell Hamilton(vamps/lycans), or Koontz, Brown etc...and theres a love story mixed in there, no problem.Just an additional flavor.

If all I could do was buy a load of books and not have to work for a year straight, Id sit in a room wall to wall books, my chaise and a few bottles of amaretto and a mini fridge and glass....Id be the happiest book nerd of all.

That, to me, is pure unadulterated heaven.

I mostly read mysteries and fantasies. I'll grab a romance when I want something light that does not require brain power. I love historical mysteries if the writer does the research and really knows her time period. As for Laurell Hamilton, I got really annoyed and sick and tired of her books.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/10/09 05:37 AM
the harder they fall.

Or, so it seems, the more stringently "Pro-Family" the lawmaker or politico, the more likely he or she is to fall from grace due to an affair.

Or, in this case, bragging about two extramarital affairs going on at the same time during a break while still sitting at the table where there are desk microphones at each seat.....

American seem to equate marital perfection with political ability. If you can take care of things at home, you can take care of the community.

You might make the argument that a man who is keeping life going at home while conducting two affairs shows a great deal of skill at multitasking and attention to details. And I'm guessing that there are some men in the world who would think that being able to conduct two relationships and a marriage IS taking care of things at home.

Although I do disapprove of affairs, I just fail to see the connection to political ability.

Moondark's photo
Wed 09/09/09 07:00 PM
It was titled Wicked. Not the one that came before the play. Although I do have that as well. This is just brain candy. Which is what I call romances. Fast and easy to read when the mood strikes. Its a classic beauty and the beast story. Where the beast's affliction is supposed to be insanity. Of course, it is a mystery as well, since the 'beast' persona was in part a cover as the hero's parents were murdered. He is trying to draw out the murderer at the same time as convince the murderer that he does not have whatever it was that his parents were murdered for.

Moondark's photo
Wed 09/09/09 06:21 PM
While trying to go through my books, I discovered a book I don't recall reading. It was also bookmarked at pg 41.

I can't believe I have a book that on the shelf that I not only don't remember, but may not have read.

They never go onto a shelf until AFTER I read them.

Moondark's photo
Tue 09/08/09 03:43 PM
I guess I could see the concern. If the child went after a poisonous bug and didn't know it, the child could get sick. Or went after a bug that they didn't know the child had an allergy to and then had a life threatening reaction.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:55 PM
A single Tylonal PM and then hanging out on Mingle until it kicks in.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:43 AM
I think I'm going to make hamburger steaks for lunch. I've been craving a hamburger for a while now.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:04 AM
I think there is a different answer for that for each individual man. And woman for that matter. Oh, there are generalities that we can describe. But it all comes down to the little details that are not so easy to put into words.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25