Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Fri 02/19/10 02:00 PM
Edited by Unknow on Fri 02/19/10 02:11 PM
Mark martin on top off the speed chart!!! RCR has all three in the top 10 after the 1st practice....Looks like they got there sh,, together this year after good runs at Daytona and Harvick one of the best cars there....

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 08:19 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 02/18/10 08:20 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

From Nascar.com

Broadcast Schedule
Sprint Cup SeriesLive NowPractice
3 p.m. ET
Friday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowQualifying
6:30 p.m. ET
Friday
Live Leaderboard
PitCommand
MRN Radio
Live NowPractice
2:30 p.m. ET
Saturday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowPractice
3:45 p.m. ET
Saturday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowRace
3 p.m. ET
Sunday

:thumbsup: i knew u would come through Doug:angel: winking
flowerforyou Ahhh shucksbigsmile Reach up and pull those straps tight one more time!!!!! Lets go racin boys!!!drinker drinker flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 08:12 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 02/18/10 08:12 PM

tempt...that is your opinion
Its like a .....hole everyones got one...laugh laugh

Hey I agree with you but again "THEY" had a choice...They chose to put the family out there. I DAM SURE WOULDNT DO THAT TO MY CHILD!!!!

true, but is it right? That is more of what I am getting at. Just because they CAN doesn't mean they SHOULD.

And I could handle it a bit better if it was taking digs at a spouse, but not someone's child. There are just somethings in the world I can't stomach.

There are some jokes I think are funny, some distasteful and some down right disgusting.

I think this one falls into the distasteful category for me.
I agree with all you have said...If they sensored all that was distasteful and disgusting there wouldnt be many channels airing shows....Have ya watched the news lately??

I will bet the people behind family guy are smiling all the way to the bank...Look at how many people watched the episode that would NEVER had watched it before...THATS DISGUSTING TOO!!!!

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 07:52 PM

tempt...that is your opinion
Its like a .....hole everyones got one...laugh laugh

Hey I agree with you but again "THEY" had a choice...They chose to put the family out there. I DAM SURE WOULDNT DO THAT TO MY CHILD!!!!

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 07:43 PM

that last part is a good message...I won't deny that. But I have a problem with the whole idea that I got from the whole episode.

I'm certainly not saying "Oh no....we must protect our children and get that show off the air"

My nephew watches South Park. I just think it's tasteless and some of the episodes I've seen of it were disgusting. From what I have seen Family Guy isn't as bad as South Park, but to each their own.

Just like the comedians that think they have to use cuss words ever other word. Why??? Can't they be funny without it?

But the dig at Palin, which I perceived as bringing up her child, was out of line. The kids didn't ask to be in the spotlight. She is in the spotlight. I have no problem with jokes about her, since she is the one that decided to be in the spotlight.
She knew "SHE" would be putting her family out there when she ran for office and DIFFENTLY when she ACCEPTED to run for V/P!!!!

She didnt have to parade her family on stage at the convention....SHE chose to do so.

Do I agree with Family Guy doing it? NO But its tasteless entertainment that someones watching...

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 07:16 PM
I have this neat lil gadget I like to call a remote. If I dont like what Im seeing "Hey I just turn the channel"!!!!!!!!

I mean come on!!!!!! Ever watch Glen Beck????

In politics its the same way on both sides...The Clinton's didnt raise a stink over the "NASTY" thing things said about Chelese, they let it go as "JUST GOES WITH THE TERRITORY".....

If you cant take the heat you shouldnt put your family out there!!!!! It happens all the time and just not to politicians!!!!!

no photo
Thu 02/18/10 11:02 AM
From Nascar.com

Broadcast Schedule
Sprint Cup SeriesLive NowPractice
3 p.m. ET
Friday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowQualifying
6:30 p.m. ET
Friday
Live Leaderboard
PitCommand
MRN Radio
Live NowPractice
2:30 p.m. ET
Saturday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowPractice
3:45 p.m. ET
Saturday
Live Leaderboard
Live NowRace
3 p.m. ET
Sunday

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:40 PM

you didnt hurt my feelings
i just enjoy the races
Glad I didnt! Us redneckslaugh are far and few on this site!!!

I have attended the 500 every year for the last 10 years but injured both feet and just had surgery on them and was unable to attend this year, I will be there next year tho!!!!

Nice to see someone else who likes Nascar!!!!
:thumbsup: hey n my opinion there is no other sport well mayb riding n rodeo's.i :cry: when nascar is over.i wait for that 1st race 4mo's and that's a bad withdrawlaugh :angel: waving ps well come get me and i will go with u next yr:wink: :angel: winking
A woman after my own heart!!!!!! Nothing better than walking into Daytona, hearing the roar of those engines, smelling the gas and burning rubber!!!!!

DAM I NEED A COLD SHOWER NOWlaugh laugh

I have really good seats if ya want to go next year!!!! How about we do Dega too!!!
:banana: well heck ya come get me and i will go with u would b a blasti would love to go with u.flowers :heart:
Sure!!!!!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowers I have tickets coming out of turn 4, right by pit row enterance...Big Screen right across from them and a beer vender a short walk away...Keep them every year...Had to give them away this year, had alittle accident but DAM SURE lookin forward to next year!!!!!
:heart: :thumbsup: well u will have to keep n touch and i damn sure will go i got someone my grson can stay with no prob.it's time way past time for me to have a vacation:banana: and what better way to take one :angel: waving
Sunny Florida and a good race????? I have a nice florida style home with a pool if ya wanted to see more of florida

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 07:39 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 07:40 PM

Overwhelming Majority Opposes Supreme Court's Campaign Finance Decision
Posted:
02/17/10
Filed Under:Fundraising, Polls, Supreme Court, Poll Watch, Campaigns
140 Comments +

A vast majority of Americans -- 80 percent -- oppose last month's Supreme Court ruling that lifted restrictions on corporate and union spending in political elections, according to a Washington Post/ABC News conducted Feb. 4-8. Though most other areas of national politics may be paralyzed by partisanship, the opposition to the decision cuts across Republican, Democratic and independent lines.

Sixty-five percent of those polled said they "strongly" opposed the ruling. Only 17 percent strongly or somewhat favored it, with 6 percent in the "strongly" camp.

Seventy-two percent favor action by Congress to reinstate campaign spending limits on corporations and unions (with 52 percent "strongly" supporting such a move) while 24 percent oppose doing so.

Seventy-six percent of Republicans, 81 percent of independents and 85 percent of Democrats disagree with the high court. The same is true across ideological lines, with 73 percent of conservatives, 85 percent of moderates and 86 percent of liberals opposing the decision.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/02/17/overwhelming-majority-opposes-supreme-court-campaign-finance-dec/?icid=main|aim|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2010%2F02%2F17%2Foverwhelming-majority-opposes-supreme-court-campaign-finance-dec%2F

I guess the only ones who do support it are the corporations who don't want to lose the control they believe they have.

Nothing more than scare tactics..
Plz explain????? Seems the majority dosnt agree with it....Hows that a scare tatic?????

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 07:35 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 07:35 PM

Im not even going to watch it... YOUTUBE??????

Yes YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!If you don't like it and aren't going to view it DONT COMMENT ON IT.

Surely there are bigger problems than not allowing someone to video tape the town hall meeting.

I don't have a problem with him not wanting it videotaped. Did you not hear him say its HIS town hall meeting and I set the rules, and your not going to tell me how to run MY congressional office.

All the rest of the posts areofftopic grumble mad :tongue:
Oh please!!!!! YOU trash other peoples sources all the time....Youtube is good for jokes!!!!! Dont need to watch a Youtube viedo to comment on how screwed up congress is and THATS both sides of the isle!!!!!!!!

Source of what?

I was posting a VIDEO clip. Not a NEWS story!
So I would appreciate it if you would watch the video and post something of relevance to it or just stay out of this thread.
laugh

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 05:35 PM

Yes YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!If you don't like it and aren't going to view it DONT COMMENT ON IT.

Surely there are bigger problems than not allowing someone to video tape the town hall meeting.

I don't have a problem with him not wanting it videotaped. Did you not hear him say its HIS town hall meeting and I set the rules, and your not going to tell me how to run MY congressional office.

All the rest of the posts areofftopic grumble mad :tongue:
Oh please!!!!! YOU trash other peoples sources all the time....Youtube is good for jokes!!!!! Dont need to watch a Youtube viedo to comment on how screwed up congress is and THATS both sides of the isle!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 03:28 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 03:30 PM
Does it really suprise you coming from a "Conservative" court!!!!! This ruling tells you just what the Conservative side stands for!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 03:20 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 03:21 PM

what's wrong with congress is " LIBERALISM "...and...it must be stopped at every turn...
Hey how did that "CONSERVATISM" work for you during the Bushie years!!!!!! Too bad so many had to lose so much!!!!!!!

out of hiding I see...pretty tough to defend this guys disasterous, dangerous, and failed policies...he's ruined this country...last time I looked...when Bush left office...unemployment was 6% NOT 10% !!...unemployment ...UP...bankruptcy...UP...foreclosures...UP...food stamps...UP...homelessness...UP...debt and deficits...UP...Obama's poll numbers ...DOWN !!!....:smile:
Ummmmm, I think the reponse's to you quote says enough!!! Like I said I dont have my head up any party azz...Come up for air and see what really HAPPENED and STILL happening in YOUR great party!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 08:58 AM

what's wrong with congress is " LIBERALISM "...and...it must be stopped at every turn...
Hey how did that "CONSERVATISM" work for you during the Bushie years!!!!!! Too bad so many had to lose so much!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 06:44 AM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 06:44 AM

you didnt hurt my feelings
i just enjoy the races
Glad I didnt! Us redneckslaugh are far and few on this site!!!

I have attended the 500 every year for the last 10 years but injured both feet and just had surgery on them and was unable to attend this year, I will be there next year tho!!!!

Nice to see someone else who likes Nascar!!!!
:thumbsup: hey n my opinion there is no other sport well mayb riding n rodeo's.i :cry: when nascar is over.i wait for that 1st race 4mo's and that's a bad withdrawlaugh :angel: waving ps well come get me and i will go with u next yr:wink: :angel: winking
A woman after my own heart!!!!!! Nothing better than walking into Daytona, hearing the roar of those engines, smelling the gas and burning rubber!!!!!

DAM I NEED A COLD SHOWER NOWlaugh laugh

I have really good seats if ya want to go next year!!!! How about we do Dega too!!!
:banana: well heck ya come get me and i will go with u would b a blasti would love to go with u.flowers :heart:
Sure!!!!!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowers I have tickets coming out of turn 4, right by pit row enterance...Big Screen right across from them and a beer vender a short walk away...Keep them every year...Had to give them away this year, had alittle accident but DAM SURE lookin forward to next year!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 06:31 AM

The problem with Congress is Pelosi, Reed and all the "CAREER" polititions......

TERM LIMITS!!!!

AND COME CALI VOTE OUT YOUR TRASH!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 06:27 AM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 06:36 AM

Considering this joke probably pissed off the majority of Republicans and Conservatives out there watching this show,I think it's safe to say this stupid stunt was probably the dumbest idea they ever had.The fallout from dropped ratings could very well be a end to Family guy as we know it.To say this is going to be a public relations nightmare of biblical proportions is a understatement.Not only will they have the Tea party people,Conservatives,Republicans,Fox news,and talk shows crawling up their butt they will also have to deal with people with down syndrome and their families who think they are getting made fun of.

On a personal note I feel this was hardly comedy and more like twisting a knife into someone's back.It's a terrible thing to have a child born with down syndrom.It's worse having millions of people laughing at you because you were the mother who gave birth to that child.There is a old saying "He who laughs last".When your ratings are dropping like the Titanic going down and the producers are kicking the crap out of you in the corner of some room.I hope there is a camera there to show you the look on your face when you find out your show has been canceled due to lack of ratings.There is roughly 130 million registered voters in this country,half of them are Republicans.Can the 65 million people say "Boycott"?I know I can.

laugh laugh laugh laugh The end of family guy beecause the right boycouts!!!!!!!!!!! The Palin haters and THERE ARE MANY on the right too, will not even care about "FAMILY GUY"

Listen to what Mike Reagan has to say about her!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 02/17/10 06:25 AM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 02/17/10 06:36 AM

Seth mcpharlane doesn't side with either political party and makes fun of both. I saw the episode...and it didn't directly state Sarah Palin...the down syndromed girl just said her mother was a former governor of Alaska. As always, Palin's being a cry baby. If they'd made fun of a Democrat she wouldn't be saying a single word.

Wow. Dude....you are so out of touch with reality it's sad.

That was a completely and utterly blatant shot at Palin.

Sorry dont see the big deal. ITS A COMEDY CARTOON....Yes it was a shot but hey whats good for the goose is good for the gander.............Before I get called some kinda of lib, IM an registered independent.......With all the bashing from the right what did you exspect to happen????

no photo
Tue 02/16/10 08:18 PM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 02/16/10 08:19 PM
Did ya see Jamie Mac on Letterman last night....Funny as hell!!! I'm sure he will make his rounds this week......

no photo
Tue 02/16/10 12:26 PM

REPAVE??????

It will take away what makes Daytona... Handling (Lack of makes it exciting!!!!!) Did ya see JR all over the place....

Look at Dega after they "Repaved"!!!!!!

Only for a couple of years.

As Junior said, after a few years, the sand under the asphalt will settle and the bumps will be back.

He also pointed out that, after they repaved Talledega, the racing got better.

Of course, that's a matter of opinion.

The point is, having the track come apart like it did is dangerous. 200 mph is dangerous enough as it is. Having the track come apart while doing 200 mph is way beyond any " normal " risk involved.

It's not like Martinsville having a pothole. They are only doing 80 or so in the corners there.

Yes I agree...Its just that Daytona has been a "Handling" track which is what I think makes the racing there more exciting than other super-speedways...

Cali next week which is a fast flat track and a good race too!!!

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25