Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 02:30 PM
Like I said only difference is the spelling:tongue:

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 02:24 PM
The american people showed how they felt about YOUR BUSH and YOUR CONSERVATIVE party!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 02:16 PM

G.W. Bush scared me to death and I survived....:wink: .
No one is more scary than him......drinker .

He scared many people.flowerforyou

My parents were scared of McCain/Palin too. My Dad, an Independent, thought that McCain/Palin would start messing with our constitutional rights.

reading that handbook again I see...:smile:
Kinda like the conservative handbook you keep posting. GWB did this(EVEN THO IT GOES AGAINST ALL OF OUR PRINCIPLES) and I suppot him!!!!!!! But when Obama DOES THE SAME THING IT IS WRONG!!! No difference only the spellinglaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 09:02 AM

I guess you have to travel the world to APPRECIATE what we got!!!! There is NO PLACE like home!!!!

Ive been a few places lol, there are alot of places on this earth more embracing of human rights than this place and some completly on the other end of the spectrum however
Me...36 countries on 4 Continents....Again there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!

50 years ago, i would've agreed wholeheartedly, but now, no way
DAMM Im not that oldlaugh laugh laugh Hey I know what your going thru with your child. Been there and DONE that...Check out Fathers For Equal Rights....A GREAT organization!!!!!

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:55 AM

I guess you have to travel the world to APPRECIATE what we got!!!! There is NO PLACE like home!!!!

Ive been a few places lol, there are alot of places on this earth more embracing of human rights than this place and some completly on the other end of the spectrum however
Me...36 countries on 4 Continents....Again there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:34 AM

People being nervous in a time of recession is normal. As long as they do not buy into the "blame Obama for it all" that seems to be going around and realize that this recession started way before he got elected.

Obama is trying to fix what is wrong in this country. He is not trying to take us down as is being portrayed by the nay sayers. He will not be able to fix everything by the end of his term because recession usually lasts longer than a presidential term.

Everyone seems to want to blame someone for the down fall but if they want to lay blame they need to look at our last president. We are reaping what he sowed now.

I love it !!...he's trying...well...he's made EVERYTHING WORSE !!...hes a fuggin' disaster...check the debt...check the number of pepole on food stamps...check the number of people on unemployment...over 3 million more people out of work since he's taking over...last month...650,000 people signed up for food stamps...over 34 million now getting food stamps...the most EVER !!..he's added 1 trillion dollars to the national debt in 6 months...it GWB 2 1/2 years to do the same...I'm sick of this " he's trying "...stuff...no country has ever taxed or spent it's way into prosperity...NEVER !!...he says.." I'm closing Gitmo "...it's still open...he says " I'm ending the war in Iraq "...we're still in Iraq...what this guys needs to figure out is " words mean things "...he says one thing and does another...he's a typical Liberal...good intentions...he's trying...all that crap means nothing if...the end result is a disaster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It took GWB......Your own conservative words!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:31 AM

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 06:10 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 08/20/09 06:15 PM
Cutting medibare will only drive prices higher with more costs passed onto people paying insurance premiums!!!!!!!

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 05:25 PM

It sounds like AARP likes the plan here.

AARP on Medicare and Health Care Reform
Source: AARP.org | August 2009

Medicare provides stable health coverage for 45 million Americans. You can’t be denied coverage because of a preexisting condition, you get to choose your doctor, and you have access to prescription drug coverage.

But everything about Medicare isn’t perfect. Today, on average, people on Medicare spend about 30 percent of their incomes on out-of-pocket health costs—including premiums for supplemental coverage. These costs are six times greater than for people with employer coverage. And, they’ve seen their Medicare premiums double since 2000.

While millions of people in Medicare have seen their retirement savings shrink because of the recession, their health costs have continued to rise and their drug costs have continued to soar. While many people may think health care reform is just about coverage for the uninsured, it’s actually about fixing what’s broken about our health care system—and improving Medicare is a critical part.

You may have heard by now that changes to Medicare will be part of health care reform. Why does Medicare need to be improved? Because waste, fraud, abuse and inefficiencies are not only costing you more but are undermining the Medicare program for you today, and ultimately for your children and grandchildren. Unless Congress takes action now, Medicare will not be able to effectively serve you or future beneficiaries.

While change is never easy, there are common-sense solutions that will help put Medicare on more stable ground so it can save money and continue to provide good care for older Americans.

Strengthening and Improving Medicare

We need to make sure any changes to Medicare protect your health and financial security, and there are some areas where we can improve your care and put Medicare on more stable financial ground.

These improvements include:

* Closing the Part D coverage gap, or “doughnut hole,” where beneficiaries are responsible for all of their prescription drug costs;
* Ensuring Medicare pays doctors fairly so you can keep the doctor of your choice or more easily find a doctor if you don’t have one;
* Lowering out-of-pocket costs for preventive services;
* Preventing costly and avoidable—and even dangerous—hospital readmissions;
* Cracking down on fraud and abuse, including aggressively pursuing those who fraudulently bill Medicare;
* Eliminating wasteful spending, such as by reducing overpayments to insurance companies;
* Improving the coordination of care for people with chronic health conditions; and
* Making it easier for low-income seniors to get help with paying Medicare premiums and other health expenses.

---->>>>Myths about Medicare

Throughout the debate, people may try to scare you about health care reform and what it means for Medicare. They may say things like “health care reform is going to cut Medicare benefits.” Don’t be misled, and don’t let them frighten you.
None of the health care reform proposals being considered by Congress would cut your Medicare benefits or increase your out-of-pocket costs for Medicare services. In fact, savings found in Medicare will be used to fill in gaps in the program, such as closing the “doughnut hole.”

We’re committed to ensuring that health care reform improves the quality of your care, lowers the amount of money you pay out of your own pocket, and makes sure doctors are paid fairly so they continue to treat you and other people in Medicare. At the same time, we believe some of the savings can be invested in health care reforms that strengthen the system for everyone, including those in Medicare.

Less money out of your pocket, the doctor of your choice, and better care—that’s what AARP is fighting for and that’s what health care reform will mean to people in Medicare.

We’re Fighting for You

While AARP recognizes and supports changes to Medicare that improve your care and strengthen the program, we will fight with the strength of our 40 million members against any legislative proposals that will cut benefits, raise out-of-pocket costs or reduce access to care.

The debate on health care reform is likely to last for many months. During that time, AARP will be ready and willing to provide you with information about what health care reform means for the Medicare program and what it means for you.

For more information about how the proposed changes to Medicare will impact you, call toll free 1-866-AARP-449 (1-866-227-7449).

http://www.aarp.org/health/articles/aarp_on_medicare_and_health_care_reform.html

flowerforyou I will rephrase...Do not cut medicare coverage!!!! FIX THE PROBLEMS!!!!!

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 04:58 PM
I have posted many times what cuts to medicare will do...Seems no one is worried when in fact WE ALL should be worried!!!!!

DONT MESS WITH MEDICARE PERIOD!!!!!!!!

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 01:01 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 08/20/09 01:02 PM
Left wing-Right wing there is no difference except the spelling. If you stand behind what Bush did and call yourself a conservative your are nothing more than a sheeple and are no different than those who support Obama being sheeples!!!!! GWB and conservative valueslaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 07:40 AM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 08/20/09 07:42 AM
I have shown how cuts will effect everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they dont care about more costs passed onto them!!!!!

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 07:10 AM
Wow!!! 6 people responded to the talk of medicare cuts!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

no photo
Thu 08/20/09 06:10 AM
He was a lousy actor but him and Ollie sure could deal the coke!!!!

no photo
Wed 08/19/09 03:19 PM
RIP friend!! Prayers to allflowerforyou

no photo
Tue 08/18/09 04:28 PM

Do you want me to say some irresponsible owner left them to run wild(There are packs of strays running lose in certain areas here!)

I will say a dog owner should be responsible enough to carry liability on their dogs and pets...

I will say I cant get Homeowners on my home if I own a Pit, Rott or German Shepard but people renting and lying to their landlord have them...

Have I said enough?

Agreed, there are many, many irresponsible owners. That was part of my point about people forgetting the basic nature of their pets. That's irresponsible as well.
flowerforyou I want to add Vick is a low life scum for what he did!!!! That is the King of irresponsibility!!!!!

no photo
Tue 08/18/09 04:15 PM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 08/18/09 04:22 PM
Do you want me to say some irresponsible owner left them to run wild(There are packs of strays running lose in certain areas here!)

I will say a dog owner should be responsible enough to carry liability on their dogs and pets...

I will say I cant get Homeowners on my home if I own a Pit, Rott or German Shepard but people renting and lying to their landlord have them...

The first only applies here because yes I blame people for not being responsible
Have I said enough?

no photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:57 AM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 08/18/09 09:58 AM
If you call yourself a conservative and dont question what GWB DID that makes you a sheeple just like when you call Obama backers sheeples!!!! I have more conservative values than GWB showed!!!!!!!

no photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:49 AM

This is crazy. They are allowing people to have assault weapons and guns and be near a President.

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest.

By AMANDA LEE MYERS and TERRY TANG, Associated Press Writers Amanda Lee Myers And Terry Tang, Associated Press Writers – Mon Aug 17, 6:22 pm ET

PHOENIX – About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.

The man with the rifle declined to be identified but told The Arizona Republic that he was carrying the assault weapon because he could. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms," he said.

Phoenix police Detective J. Oliver, who monitored the man at the downtown protest, said police also wanted to make sure no one decided to harm him.

"Just by his presence and people seeing the rifle and people knowing the president was in town, it sparked a lot of emotions," Oliver said. "We were keeping peace on both ends."

Last week, during Obama's health care town hall in Portsmouth, N.H., a man carrying a sign reading "It is time to water the tree of liberty" stood outside with a pistol strapped to his leg.

"It's a political statement," he told The Boston Globe. "If you don't use your rights, then you lose your rights."

Police asked the man to move away from school property, but he was not arrested.

Fred Solop, a Northern Arizona University political scientist, said the incidents in New Hampshire and Arizona could signal the beginning of a disturbing trend.

"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."

He said he's never heard of someone bringing an assault weapon near a presidential event. "The larger the gun, the more menacing the situation," he said.

Phoenix was Obama's last stop on a four-day tour of western states, including Montana and Colorado.

Authorities in Montana said they received no reports of anyone carrying firearms during Obama's health care town hall near Bozeman on Friday. About 1,000 people both for and against Obama converged at a protest area near the Gallatin Field Airport hangar where the event took place. One person accused of disorderly conduct was detained and released, according to the Gallatin Airport Authority.

Heather Benjamin of Denver's Mesa County sheriff's department, the lead agency during Obama's visit there, said no one was arrested.

Arizona is an "open-carry" state, which means anyone legally allowed to have a firearm can carry it in public as long as it's visible. Only someone carrying a concealed weapon is required to have a permit.

Paul Helmke, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said people should not be allowed to bring guns to events where Obama is.

"To me, this is craziness," he said. "When you bring a loaded gun, particularly a loaded assault rifle, to any political event, but particularly to one where the president is appearing, you're just making the situation dangerous for everyone."

He said people who bring guns to presidential events are distracting the Secret Service and law enforcement from protecting the president. "The more guns we see at more events like this, there's more potential for something tragic happening," he said.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said armed demonstrators in open-carry states such as Arizona and New Hampshire have little impact on security plans for the president.

"In both cases, the subject was not entering our site or otherwise attempting to," Donovan said. "They were in a designated public viewing area. The main thing to know is that they would not have been allowed inside with a weapon."

Representatives of the National Rifle Association did not return calls for comment.

What is so wrong with it?
Guns aren't bad, it is the people behind the guns we have to worry about.
Maybe Obama is looking to add them to his own private army when he takes the US under communistic rule.
Kinda like what GWB did!!!!!! There is really no difference between the "TWO" parties as someone always says "Just the spelling"!!!!!!

no photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:43 AM

Perhaps, next, they can talk about leaving Medicare alone?
drinker drinker drinker I AGREE 120%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25