germanchoclate1981's photo
Fri 09/23/16 11:00 PM

This'll be same story, same dance as all the others. God forbid anyone actually wait for the evidence to come out.
I know, I know...."damn racist Poh-leece!" ....with their black chief and black officer who shot the guy. But hey, let's tear $hit up anyway.
Bookmarked for when any real evidence comes out......

Charlotte protesters ‘hate white people
I have NO doubt some do.....

http://mobile.twitter.com/LibertarianQn/status/778845840496594944

Rudy Giuliani and Sean Hannity were talking about this. The previous Mayor before Giuliani have four major protests\riots, after Giuliani took office and his no nonsense approach to crime there wasn't one.

Giuliani broke it down really well. People have the right to protest, but once they start holding up traffic, rioting, looting, causing property damage then they are criminals and the way to deal with criminals is to arrest them all. Not just one or two.

I loved his response to Hannity on how he could make that happen when you have 1,000 protesters getting out of control. Giuliani said it was simple, I had 41,000 police officers and he would use every one of them.

On the other side he did day that one of the first things he would have done is had the police chief bring a copy of the video to Gracie Mansion so he could see the original incident himself and then it would be released to the public\media.

Giuliani was a great mayor.. really was. he didn't take any bull.. from anyone. You want to protest illegally.. and disrupt.. you went to jail.. 1 or 1,000, didn't matter. He took on Wall St..took the mob on too and any other criminal entity.

He wasn't PC...And because of that he was able to clean up the city.

It's now being released that as head of the replaced Mafia Commission, John Gotti wanted to put a contract out on Giuliani and was voted against by the other Families on the Commission.

Giuliani is one tough guy, he's a smart guy and he knows the law and he isn't scare of anything. First he handled the back end of the Donnie Briscoe Operation when the Presidential Administration switched, then he did something in heard of. Not only he he try and convict everyone at the Mafia Commission Trial, but he tricked the defendants on the stand and got them to admit that La Cosa Nostra is real and yes the Commission is real. That had never been done before, on record in a court of law. It was a major accomplishment.

offtopic
Pittenger, Robert (R) NC
- Charlotte, NC.
- Police shooting death of Keith Scott
- Protest of Charlotte Mecklenburg PD
- NC SBI
- 0 transparency cover-up
- Punting of custody for dashcam and bodycam footage

Fri 09/23/16 09:13 PM

Next time it'll be GodDAMM aliens swooping in, freezing time, and planting a gun.
Jesus H. Christ at the reaching that goes on here....ludicrous.

scared Aliens have guns now? NRA, what were you thinking?

Fri 09/23/16 09:11 PM

to the original point of the OP

ignorant statement

makes me wonder if he went to elementary school, where they taught basic reading comprehension

its like reading the following paragraph:

the girl in the red dress had been sick for a week with a serious cough. The cough was preceded by several days of sniffles but progressed into a hacking cough that left the girl worn out. Her mother gave her cold and cough medicine and it finally began to clear up.

being asked what the subject was, and claiming the paragraph is about a red dress..lol

yeah, that detail is there, but its not thEE detail the paragraph revolves around.

its not so bad that this guy isnt that bright, but that he may believe whites are hated by blacks for their 'success' is scary for any black person he was elected to represent

Tell em' what it is. But...... Gerrymandered to represent, the lines move with the votes not the votes with the candidates. Too many unconstitutional redrawing of district lines based on partisan voter turnouts as well as voter suppression. The 4th Circuit Appellate Court ruled on that and the discriminating voter i.d. Law.

Trump had something to say about the shooting in question, "I will stop the drugs flowing into this country and poisoning our youth and many other people.... And if you're not aware, drugs are a very very big factor, of what you're watching, on television, at night".

What were we talking about again?

Fri 09/23/16 07:36 PM
Holy sh'nikes!!!

Awesome.

Fri 09/23/16 06:58 PM

UPDATE: in the wake of victims wife release of cell phone video of shooting Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts requesting SBI release bodycam and dashcam footage "as soon as possible" NC SBI has not released any footage or dispatch audio in the case yet.
The video released by the family does not show any weapons or signs any weapon was present up to the point Mr. Scotts body is rolled over to be cuffed. What the video does show is a set of black gloves dropped by an officer and slid across the ground by the officers foot. The still photo presented as evidence of a gun has a black object circled near the area between Scott's body and the curb. The video shows other items being dropped by officers on the left side of Scott's body that appear to be pieces of paper, it's unclear if this was removed from Scott or not.

It appears the Mayor knows something the public doesn't. It should be released as soon as possible.
Good Lord....the video not showing a weapon doesn't mean a weapon wasn't there....I've actually SEEN the video the family released. There is NO view of the actual shooting but there is audio. And I stopped counting after the TENTH "drop the gun" command issued by law enforcement. But please, keep on with that "there was no gun" bull$hit.
It's laughable...disingenuous is as disingenuous does.

The video shows the officers yelling at him to drop the gun while he's still INSIDE the SUV. If he hasn't gotten out and an officer specifically requests a baton to break the windows that are rolled up, how can he be posing a threat to anyone. His wife even tells him not to let them break the windows, to come on out of the car. He's shot with his back turned and you do see the black latex gloves taken off dropped next to Scott and slid around by the officer. The still photo taken after crime scene tape is put up shows Scott with his pants pulled down to his ankles and an ''object'' in a place that previously did not. The officer in the video who drops the gloves and moves them around is standing in the place where the ''object'' is later photographed.
The videos were all created BEFORE the photo. If the officer who isn't rendering first aid in the video is not TOUCHING ANYTHING HE SHOULDN'T BE TOUCHING why would he be wearing gloves or INTRODUCE ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE by dropping the gloves THEN ALTER THE CRIME SCENE by moving the gloves when THE WRONG SUSPECT is incapacitated on the ground and controlled by other officers?

And to clarify, the Cheif of Police on record states that neither video shows the WRONG SUSPECT had, drew or pointed a gun at officers. So it is not a fact discernible to the public that Scott was in physical possession of a gun at any time. No ''objects'' are visible on the scene that could even be mistaken as a gun until the still photo after the scene has been taped off and FURTHER ALTERED as evidence by the Cheif's statement. In the later part of the video the CRIME SCENE IS ALTERED WITHOUT REASON. Everybody knows you can't go DROPPING OBJECTS OR MOVING THINGS AROUND IN AN OBVIOUS CRIME SCENE unless you are a police officer or involved party and are doing so to PREVENT FURTHER INJURY OR DEATH --IF-- YOU ARE NOT ORDERED TO FREEZE OR POSTURE BY AN OFFICER.

Fri 09/23/16 05:15 PM
UPDATE: in the wake of victims wife release of cell phone video of shooting Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts requesting SBI release bodycam and dashcam footage "as soon as possible" NC SBI has not released any footage or dispatch audio in the case yet.
The video released by the family does not show any weapons or signs any weapon was present up to the point Mr. Scotts body is rolled over to be cuffed. What the video does show is a set of black gloves dropped by an officer and slid across the ground by the officers foot. The still photo presented as evidence of a gun has a black object circled near the area between Scott's body and the curb. The video shows other items being dropped by officers on the left side of Scott's body that appear to be pieces of paper, it's unclear if this was removed from Scott or not.

It appears the Mayor knows something the public doesn't. It should be released as soon as possible.

Fri 09/23/16 04:19 PM

Because It Turns Out Racism Did Exist Before 2008, Trump's Campaign Official Has Resigned
By Jack Holmes Sep 22 2016

Update (1:51 PM): Kathy Miller has resigned, according to a statement from the Trump campaign's Ohio state director Bob Paduchik. He called the comments "inappropriate," but added that Miller was a volunteer and not a spokesperson for the campaign. Contrary to some prior reports, Miller was in fact the chair of the Mahoning County campaign.

ometimes, there's a moment of clarity. The Guardian provided one today in an interview with Kathy Miller, the chairwoman of Trump's campaign in Mahoning County, Ohio. In short, Miller believes there was no racism in America before Barack Obama was elected as the first black president.

"I don't think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this. I'm in the real estate industry. There's none. Now, the people with the guns and shootin' up neighborhoods and not being responsible citizens—that's a big change. And I think that's the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America. I think that's all his responsibility. And if you're black, and you haven't been successful in the last 50 years, it's your own fault."

a partial info here... you left out she was a VOLUNTEER, trump didn't hire her in any way, shape or form... and she resigned on her own, and apologized profusely... but other than that, you're right, she's stupid and has a big mouth...

No, it's not partial info. It's the Esquire magazine authors article in full. The video referenced is from the Guardian. I have seen different titles for her all I know for sure is that she used to work for Trump's campaign in Ohio.

Fri 09/23/16 03:53 AM
Something tells me this will come out in the debates. If speaker Ryan wants to know what is wrong with the republican party these candid personality slips tell it all. You can't say they were caught off guard they were being interviewed personally. You can't say they were misrepresented because they are on camera in context responding to questions they understood. If they didn't feel it they wouldn't think it, if they didn't think it they wouldn't say it, if they didn't say it they wouldn't mean it. How could they not think feel or mean it if they say it in such explanatory manners? What is there left to say or explain after this?

Fri 09/23/16 03:32 AM

protests in charlotte

Republican congressman takes back remark that Charlotte protesters 'hate white people'

September 22, 2016

Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-N.C.) said Thursday that he "regrets" telling the BBC during an interview that protesters in Charlotte "hate white people."

The protests against the deadly officer-involved shooting of a black man on Tuesday are being attended by people of all races. Pittenger, whose district includes areas of Charlotte where the protests are taking place, was asked by the BBC to describe the "grievance" of demonstrators. "The grievance in their minds — the animus, the anger — they hate white people because white people are successful and they're not," Pittenger said. "It is a welfare state. We have spent trillions of dollars on welfare, but we've put people in bondage, so they can't be all they're capable of being."

His comments were quickly denounced as "inexcusable" and "racist" by the North Carolina Democratic Party, The Charlotte Observer reports. Pittenger later tweeted that what is happening in Charlotte "breaks my heart," and his "anguish" caused him to "respond to a reporter's question in a way that I regret." His answer "doesn't reflect who I am," he added, and he said he was "quoting statements made by angry protesters last night on national TV" and his intent was to "discuss the lack of economic mobility for African Americans because of failed policies." He apologized to "those I offended," and said he hopes "we can bring peace and calm to Charlotte." Catherine Garcia

September 22, 2016
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/650596/republican-congressman-takes-back-remark-that-charlotte-protesters-hate-white-people/ *Video*

Yeah, I saw that. He should shut up and resign. Or he could go out on the streets during the protest carrying a sign with his words on it, that would be more fitting.

Fri 09/23/16 03:27 AM
Not to mention the riot police pretty deliberately gassed the media in the area where the protester was shot and still have not even marked it as a crime scene. Does crime scene tape cost more than tear gas? The mayor had no idea how many officers were deployed, the governor had no idea the protester that was on life support had already died. Too busy declaring a State of Emergency. I can't wait to see what A.G. Roy Cooper has to say about this damned atrocity since he's running for governor.

Fri 09/23/16 02:50 AM
Edited by germanchoclate1981 on Fri 09/23/16 03:02 AM

the most hateful people tend to sell more and get more publicity,,,the majority, I tend to believe, are never really heard and have real grievances,,,,

Your right about that. That is why Al Sharpton and Uncle Jesse get the most publicity.

There is a right way to handle a bad situation, like what they did in Tulsa OK, releasing video and audio from dashcam bodycam and aerial from the helicopter. Not sure why a helicopter would respond to a vehicle breakdown, but it gave a perspective that otherwise wouldn't be seen or heard. The officer who fired the fatal shot has been charged with 1st degree manslaughter.
Then there is the wrong way. Target the wrong guy, give orders he can't follow, advance in numbers forcibly perhaps addressing him by someone else's name, shoot him, figure out you killed the wrong guy, destroy evidence, plant replacement evidence, withhold the video and audio that does exist since 'reportedly' some officers bodycams 'malfunctioned', threaten the public who has the right to see the video since it happened in a public place and lock up the people that WILL vote you out of office and or demand your resignation.
Is it legal to declare a State of Emergency to cover up a crime? Make that two crimes, it's been almost 36 hours since the protester was shot in the head and no arrests or APB has been issued or announced, no warrant, nothing. Make that a possible third crime, an unidentified person in dark tactical gear was seen with a rifle and forced to leave by peaceful protesters. An indefinite curfew has been enacted with little to no notice to the crowd. Really close to an election...

Fri 09/23/16 02:25 AM
This just kinda fell out of nowhere. I didn't see an original interview for this but he came on with Don Lemmon to try to explain what he meant and was very apologetic. I think he might know he just basically tendered his resignation with other members of congress requesting it specifically based on this. This really frames 'voting your conscience' in a down ballot race that is desperately needed by the establishment and fringe members of the party. When you think about it, even seeing the Guardian's journalists eyes swell during the interview of the Ohio Trump staffer (whose title has also fluctuated since this broke) what the Representative said was worse. Her statement was more inflammatory in and of itself but the BBC is more generally acknowledged by the opposition than the Guardian, she's quit or been fired, and someone with his title experience and tenure should know better than making a statement like that days after another police involved shooting death. Put said shooting in his state or district, during the protest the same day the family has to privately screen the dashcam and bodycam footage that will be unjustly withheld until the October 1st deadline when a local law goes into effect withholding all surveillance, dashcam and bodycam footage until the investigations are complete, the same day a protester dies from a mysterious gunshot? head wound in the area where Police are firing flashbangs gas grenades and rubber bullets into the crowd, and no one is reported arrested for having shot him as the police say, this just adds fuel to the fire.
The Police Cheif has killed any chance of a fair trial with the statements he made, and his actions on the first two nights of protests. The governor has done the same making several statements at press conferences and interviews without once even mentioning the wife who witnessed it and the 7 kids who no longer have a father. Both have praised and expressed concerns for the officers, when the whole altercation arose from officers mistaking the victim for someone else they were attempting to apprehend. They don't even acknowledge that, their focus is the threat a man reading a book waiting to pickup his son from the school bus posed to them hands at his sides slowly backing away from the officers.
#BODYCAM NOW
#AUDIO NOW
#DISPATCH RECORDS NOW
#AT LEAST POSITIVELY ID THE SUSPECT
#STOP KILLING US
#STOP PLANTING EVIDENCE

Thu 09/22/16 09:02 PM
Edited by germanchoclate1981 on Thu 09/22/16 09:03 PM
Because It Turns Out Racism Did Exist Before 2008, Trump's Campaign Official Has Resigned
By Jack Holmes Sep 22 2016

Update (1:51 PM): Kathy Miller has resigned, according to a statement from the Trump campaign's Ohio state director Bob Paduchik. He called the comments "inappropriate," but added that Miller was a volunteer and not a spokesperson for the campaign. Contrary to some prior reports, Miller was in fact the chair of the Mahoning County campaign.

ometimes, there's a moment of clarity. The Guardian provided one today in an interview with Kathy Miller, the chairwoman of Trump's campaign in Mahoning County, Ohio. In short, Miller believes there was no racism in America before Barack Obama was elected as the first black president.

"I don't think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this. I'm in the real estate industry. There's none. Now, the people with the guns and shootin' up neighborhoods and not being responsible citizens—that's a big change. And I think that's the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America. I think that's all his responsibility. And if you're black, and you haven't been successful in the last 50 years, it's your own fault."

Thu 09/22/16 08:37 PM
SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 6:02

PM Charlotte protesters ‘hate white people,’ NC Congressman Robert Pittenger says

BY COLIN CAMPBELL ccampbell@newsobserver.com

U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger says the violence in Charlotte stems from protesters who “hate white people because white people are successful and they’re not.”

Pittenger is a Republican whose district includes parts of the city where protests have turned violent in the wake of a police shooting of a black man.

Pittenger appeared on a BBC TV news program Thursday and made the statement when asked to describe the “grievance” of the people protesting.

“The grievance in their minds – the animus, the anger – they hate white people because white people are successful and they’re not,” said Pittenger, who then went on to criticize people who receive welfare.

“It is a welfare state. We have spent trillions of dollars on welfare, and we’ve put people in bondage, so they can’t be all they’re capable of being.”

Watch the video of Pittenger’s comments below:

Protesters in #Charlotte "hate white people" - North Carolina Congressman Pittenger tells #newsnight https://t.co/q6ELYD01QV

— BBC Newsnight (@BBCNewsnight) September 22, 2016

Within hours of the interview being posted, Pittenger issued an apology for the comment and said he was simply quoting protesters who’d appeared on TV.

“What is taking place in my hometown right now breaks my heart,” he said in a statement issued by his congressional office. “My anguish led me to respond to a reporter’s question in a way that I regret. The answer doesn’t reflect who I am. I was quoting statements made by angry protesters last night on national TV. My intent was to discuss the lack of economic mobility for African Americans because of failed policies. I apologize to those I offended and hope that we can bring peace and calm to Charlotte.”

Still, Pittenger’s statement was quickly denounced by many on social media, including two state legislators:

One of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. Ashamed to have served with this fool in the #ncga. #ncpol https://t.co/nZJe6t4b69

— Rep. Grier Martin (@GrierMartin) September 22, 2016

@GrierMartin @RaleighReporter I agree with you, Grier, and I'm afraid it wasn't a misquote.

— Rep. Chuck McGrady (@ChuckMcGrady) September 22, 2016

The people of NC and CLT deserve better than devastatingly ignorant and divisive comments, @reppittenger. We must move forward together.

— G. K. Butterfield (@GKButterfield) September 22, 2016

The N.C. Democratic Party called Pittenger’s comments “racist.”

“These comments are inexcusable,” executive director Kimberly Reynolds said in a news release. “At a time when we need calm and understanding while we learn more about the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, Congressman Pittenger is fanning the flames of hate with his racist rhetoric. This sort of bigotry has become all to common under the party of Donald Trump. Our great state should not be represented by someone who would make such hateful comments.

“Congressmen Pittenger must apologize, and Governor McCrory and every Republican leader in this state should denounce this hateful rhetoric immediately.”

The N.C. Republican Party did not immediately respond to an inquiry about Pittenger’s remarks. Earlier in the day, NCGOP executive director Dallas Woodhouse issued a news release blaming NAACP leader William Barber for “encouraging violence” when he demanded the release of police videos showing the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott.

“We are highly concerned that William Barbers (sic) demand for the police video to be released ‘by nightfall’ is a threat to citizens in Charlotte,” Woodhouse wrote. “The statement appears to be encouraging violence, if Barber’s unreasonable demands are not met.”

COMMENTS

Thu 09/22/16 08:08 PM

good question

perhaps someone will post the WHOLE conversation so the question can be answered,,,,,

and we will know if he actually is the one who 'brought it up'

Colin Kaepernick's revelation Tuesday that he has received death threats through "a couple different avenues

It would appear that HE brought it up.

But if you have access to more of this conversation ( the WHOLE conversation) then by all means.. enlighten us.

there is a big differnce between someone revealing something and someone having brought it up

if someone asks me if I was ever the victim of a crime, I could tell them someone attempted to rape me

that would be a REVEAL, but it would have been brought up by the person who brought up crime

Im asking for enlightenment from those making a claim as to how they are concluding the claim is true with the limited information provided

the man is claiming he was threatened, but has given no information to NFL security, the local police or the FBI ( when each asked). If he was in fact threatened, don't you think he owes it to his fellow players to report it. After all they are around him all the time.

So, in my opinion, he should come forth with the information on who threatened him.

And you should find the "whole conversation", that you claim there is.

Because right now there is a lot of people who do not believe him...me included.

And without the back up for this alleged threat, his credibility will sink to even lower numbers.. if that is at all possible.

Are you sure about those numbers? Whose jersey is selling the best in the NFL right now? I'd say that's a pretty good metric to measure support or approval for a professional athletes nonviolent exercise of his 1st amendment free speech/expression. As for the death threats, if he has had them and doesn't know who is making the threat who can he report? I'm sure he has home security and any team facilities have extensive security presence. Maybe he has more balls than the equipment manager.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil.

Last time I checked death threats are not considered constitutionally protected free speech. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness are unalienable HUMAN rights set forth in the constitution. He's sitting down and giving a million dollars (of his own money) to charity. What is wrong with telling the truth in America?

Sun 09/11/16 03:30 AM
Well, now thanks to the patriot act passed 45 days after 9/11/01 we get to hear the two way pager messages sent and recieved during the attack itself. DURING the attack, yes, it's not a typo.

Watch the damn documentaries. 15 Septembers later on the history channel.

Think about how long it takes to draft, edit, finalize, present, argue, litigate, vote and pass such a bill into law as the patriot act. 45 days, passed into law. We know for a fact that congress was quite busy doing other things during this time, but 45 calendar days puts this in November of 2001. So it's being utilized in a very specific time and place before the legislation has even been proposed, let alone the extensive process necessary to take an unthough idea from bill draft to passed law. Nevermind that there is no system in place to do this.

Don't take my word for it, watch it, dvr, pay attention and see and hear it for yourself.
Wouldn't congress need to vote in another committee to fund the bill's resources? Wouldn't it take time to set that up? Even IF it didn't, even if the bill and the equipment was just rolled out once the bill was passed, say into the first week of December since 45 calendar days puts the bill's passage around thanksgiving, how could they possibly use the equipment to capture the text messages from the day that prompted the proposal of the damn bill?

Sun 09/11/16 12:12 AM

U.S. Army 1st Cav, training.
G.C. drinker

I'm not a hero. I followed orders and did my job to the best of my abilities.
My bad....I probably wasn't clear....Just was a thank you for contributing to this thread....hero or not drinker

Np. This changed everybodys lives and we need to realize it. The documentaries are hard to watch for many people but it's something we need to do. Not only to honor the fallen but to understand our world and our current situation in regards to this event and others. Some people get choked up or feel the need to turn away, but as long as you turn away history is going to keep repeating itself. 15 years, almost 4 full presidential terms and we are still... engaging. 5 w's are what it's going to take to cure this, not M.D.'s.

Sat 09/10/16 11:25 PM

Btw, do you remember how you got the news? The reason I ask is that I remember a Marine Corps documentary type show on Discovery several years later. It was about a tank school and, with cameras running, the instructors pulled the students aside and explained what was going on.

Similar, no cameras, got to the t.v. between strikes, no explantation no words no gasps nothing until afternoon. It wasn't silence the sound was on but nobody talked. A few people would leave or enter the room you just felt it. Even those heavy full leather basic issue boots made no sound. After a lunch nobody wanted to eat we went back to the b's on lockdown until further notice. Complete literal lockdown. Further notice was dinner, breakfast, lunch. For two days they'd come by and see if anybody was ill or had family in N.Y. drop off toiletries if anyone needed them.

Sat 09/10/16 10:48 PM

G.C. drinker

I'm not a hero. I followed orders and did my job to the best of my abilities.

Sat 09/10/16 10:27 PM

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25