Community > Posts By > mikaxel80

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 08/30/19 01:33 PM

Some of the problem in the US is the distances involved. I spend much more time with friends than family because friends are closer by in most cases. I try to see my daughter and family every couple weeks but it is 1 1/2 hour drive each way.

1 1/2 drive away from your daughter oldkid46? Oh, c'mon! My friend, you only live once. People i know travel more to see their loved ones. 1 1/2? SMH!!!!!
Believe me,you will regret it. Make the 1st step

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 08/30/19 01:23 PM

I think if you look closely enough you are going to find that all countries have pretty much the same "social life"; family and friends sitting around eating and drinking, talking about family and friends or the days events, and maybe sharing some kind mutually enjoyed game or activity. The only difference would be in the games played and the food and drink shared.

Not the only difference. The willingness to spend time with them

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 08/30/19 01:18 PM

In America I feel people are way to self absorbed to make time for family. Or maybe it's just the area I live.

I think you are right. Most of my relatives in America. When they were here, they used to make time for fam and friends. After they went there, nada.

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 10:31 PM
Definition of social life is the same everywhere but the interpretation in all countries is different.
Many countries dont wait for holidays and all to keep in touch with fam and people you grew up with around your area.
For example, here we are very serious about social life. We value people since you cant live without them ( I am not saying others dont value people) We try to understand each other. We communicate frequently and continuously. And i have to say i really like that. It has given me a better understanding of people and a better understanding of different cultures that we have.
Although i understand they have to differ from country to country, express your personal views on your country's social life

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 10:07 PM
Corre me if i am wrong but sometimes i feel that both genders kind of disrespect themselves when they say that. After all you must respect yourself first to be a success in anything, whether work, relationship or social life

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 09:59 PM

Pleaser4life, I know what you are saying and I think a lot of people do that, but they also may not see that they are doing that.

Ha ha. You calling them fools? You made my day

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 03:06 PM

Yeah. I do feel blessed for not thinking that. I dont know why but people infuriate me when they designate all females as being one and the same in personality, way of thinking and so on. What is alarming to me is that i dont feel quite the same anger as they do to us. Wish i knew why

Maybe the natural instinct of a (healthy) man to want to protect women?
Whereas when it's about men it's more shrugging it off with a "whatever" as you don't feel personally attacked, knowing you are different.
Maybe it's that?

May be. I dont know. But what i know for sure is that i feel more angered when ladies are generalized more than men are
BTW, why dont ppl think like that? I mean why generalize? It might even help in their relationship

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 02:41 PM
Yeah. I do feel blessed for not thinking that. I dont know why but people infuriate me when they designate all females as being one and the same in personality, way of thinking and so on. What is alarming to me is that i dont feel quite the same anger as they do to us. Wish i knew why

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 08/26/19 01:27 PM
I dont understand it. All males are generalized like men are like this and that. Likewise to the ladies. As far as i know, everybody is different in their way of thinking. Am I missing something here?

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 02/10/16 09:36 AM

This question is mainly for the guys, but ofcourse women can share their thoughts as well.
How do guys feel about the woman making the first move in the OFFLINE dating game? And if a woman makes the first move in showing interest in a guy, online or offline, do guys generally prefer for women to take a back seat in the wooing process after that?.. as in let the guy do the pursuing from there? I'm NOT referring to the courtship process. I am specifically talking about that baiting period, where interest level is still being assessed.

Women who make the first move are very courageous. Here in my countrt its almost impossible to see that happening since there is a traditional belief that males must be in charge.
Personally if a woman makes the first move on me i admire her and she has my utmost respect. i really dont mind if she does that

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 02/10/16 09:36 AM

This question is mainly for the guys, but ofcourse women can share their thoughts as well.
How do guys feel about the woman making the first move in the OFFLINE dating game? And if a woman makes the first move in showing interest in a guy, online or offline, do guys generally prefer for women to take a back seat in the wooing process after that?.. as in let the guy do the pursuing from there? I'm NOT referring to the courtship process. I am specifically talking about that baiting period, where interest level is still being assessed.

Women who make the first move are very courageous. Here in my countrt its almost impossible to see that happening since there is a traditional belief that males must be in charge.
Personally if a woman makes the first move on me i admire her and she has my utmost respect. i really dont mind if she does that

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 01/29/16 10:48 AM

Thanks buddy, just having fun with the thread. I knew you were just making harmless conversation ...glad no one made you want to stop posting ....& yeah, fairy seems to have an understanding & kind heart. I still haven't met one of those in person, not used to it personally

Why should I stop posting? I don't care what random ppl say or think abt me.
Coming to you, believe me, there is a first time for everything. You will find it.

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 01/29/16 10:32 AM

I find it rather simple and easy to understand women than MOST men. I don't know why. I have seen many couples break up because of inability to understand her. I find it saddening for this deficiency on most men.
Everybody, I am not a shrink

But you're single.

That means he's not met the right one yet ... not that he doesn't understand women :angel:

I've read some of the other topics he's started the last few days.
If he understands women then I'm Einstein.

I get where you're coming from. And I haven't read his other posts.
But I still find it typical that so many men get upset because of his statement. If you feel confident in your masculinity, there wouldn't be a reason to feel emasculated or attacked.
The fact that he uses "deficiency" ... give him a break, English isn't his 1st language ...

As for blowing your own trumpet ... that is gross, Joe!
laugh
In all honesty ... I know it's a typical English thing to feel that you cannot state what you're good at. Englishness requires you to be demure, reticent, and modest.
That's an observation, not a judgement.
There's nothing wrong with stating what you're good at and wondering why other people don't seem to have the same quality or ability. Or to wonder why they're struggling with it when it comes so easily to you.
It's society that tells us we have to be modest and just wait for others to compliment us. And even when they do, we should humbly accept it and tell them "It was nothing!" We are taught to constantly knock ourselves.
The only reason for this is that others feel small when we excel at something. So we have to keep ourselves small so others feel better. Isn't that insane?

And who knows ... you could be the next Einstein!
He was wrong on his theory of relativity wasn't he?
No one is perfect
flowerforyou

Bravo Crystal!

You always offer unique angles from which to view a ""beaten -to- death" subject.And better yet, you compel us to look deep inside ourselves. It was very thoughtful of you, BHawkin's and Dolphin to put yourselves in the OP's shoes instead of throwing shoes at him which most of us did whoa We really shouldn't have been so quick to judge him without asking questions and maybe we did get defensive due to insecurities we have in ourselves. Who knows?what What I would say is that like joethebricky, I have read a couple of the OP's other threads and he does come across as a know-it-all, not just in terms of how he wields his advice with his friends, but also in terms of the lofty manner in which he responds to people's comments. Few people respond graciously to perceived arrogance no matter how secure we are in our skin. It might not be a bad thing for the OP to explore means of communicating in a more humble way... And it also might not be a bad thing for the rest of us to do what you did ; and not be so quick to get on the defensive before investigating a person's claims further. As you said, none of us are perfect.

Ps: Roboxbox 73 and BHawkins... Your comments were timely and so darn funny! You both had me giggling to myself like a ninny rofl

Thanks peggy122. I will take the advice and use it. After all there is always room for improvement

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 01/29/16 12:20 AM

I know there is still different answer for each individual. Mine Is Love first and then sex.

Me too. Love first

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 08:39 PM

Many people think when couples argue and break up, it is the woman's fault without understanding the whole situation. But when you closely examine the situation, you always find the fault on men (Sorry my fellow men but thats the hard fact). Sometimes when my friends come to me what to do with their quarrel with their GFs after hearing all the facts and talking to the girlfriend in question (since theee are always two sides to a story) i most of the time make them break up and once in a while i make them reconcile one another.
So 99 percent of the women are always right and never at fault. Men just provoke them to do or say something wrong
Remember I am not a shrink.
Hey share your insights

Pretty lame way of trying to get the gals to notice you. Is it worth giving up your manhood for.

Have fun at the Tupperware party

Really??? Need check up

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 08:37 PM

Seriously man. It's great you are concerned about your friends. Most of us here dispense counsel in one way or another as well, but ultimately people have to make their own decisions hun. Both parties ought to shoulder blame in a relationship and both parties should be given the space to work things out together.

Your role as a friend is just to listen with compassion . If you feel compelled to give advice, maybe you can ask questions to get them thinking in broader contexts that might help lead to a more balanced/informed decision...

Jimmyroy , TxGal and so many others in this thread were right.

You are not the author and finisher of relationship fates.

If you have a passion for counseling as you seem to, consider going through the proper channels of academic certification, so you can learn to impart advice responsibly.

Until then,try to ease up on messing with people's relationships according to jimmy, and put that effort into working on your own. Hope you find what you are looking for at mingle. Good luck to you!flowerforyou

Hey thanks for the advice.
Btw i am not looking for anyone at mingle. LDR is not my thing. just like havn fun on the forums

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 08:31 PM

....give the guy a break already. It good to have some fun with these posts but damn I don't think he was out to demean anyone & was just making conversation. In a place that is 80% scammers , I'm just glad to see someone posting who isn't one

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 08:25 PM

I find it rather simple and easy to understand women than MOST men. I don't know why. I have seen many couples break up because of inability to understand her. I find it saddening for this deficiency on most men.
Everybody, I am not a shrink

Yes, yes, you are the ONE man who understands women... you are the "chosen" one.. the " gifted one"

Let me put tHis in street talk.

your full of ****.. you are using this " I understand woman" line to bamboozle woman to thinking you understand them. To get them to respond to you.. to talk to you... after all " you understand them"...right

Guess what , Romeo.. no man understands them.. haven't since Moses was walking around.. and you know what... You don't either.

So cut the BS... o.k.

JMO

Not everyone is on the same level of thinking as you

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 09:37 AM
Since when is sharing one's opinion a prohibition? Its up to anyone to read it or not

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 01/28/16 09:29 AM

^^^ Ladies please forgive my rant, i just find some things hard to ignore, someone blowing their own trumpet while belittling others is one of them flowers

Deal with it. That's how life is.
I think you are a man, right?

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25