Community > Posts By > mikaxel80

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 12:30 PM

Isn't it also about sharing your wonderful union with the other people who matter to you?
I don't think there is -or has been- a people that did not celebrate a marriage.
So the joy and sharing with others, making it a really memorable and festive day.
Making it a very special event, after all marrying is something big.
It's also the opportunity for others that love you to express their love and well-wishes.

Disadvantage is the cost, yes, but isn't that at the same time part of making it special? Saving up for it because it means so much to you.
In a way you can then also wonder if throwing a party is ever worth it, if it's not just providing people with free booze and food.
Isn't the joy and shared happiness more important?

Let me get this straight. The adv you mentioned is intertwined with cost. Hence no dis. Is that what you are saying, Sparkle or arre there any disadvantages?

No, the advantages are not intertwined with cost.
The cost can be regarded as not solely 'disadvantage' but also part of the pre-fun. Matter of perspective.
If you want your day to be festive and grand and it's going to cost a bit, then the saving up for it can become an exciting and fun part of the whole.
That's called "a positive outlook on life" :)

Understood. I like the "positive outlook on life " part

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 10:14 AM

Just came with a disadvantage
Getting drunk and throwing up on the bridebigsmile

or her throwing up on yougrumble laugh

Will be a throwing up contest
bigsmile

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 09:39 AM
Just came with a disadvantage
Getting drunk and throwing up on the bridebigsmile

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 09:36 AM

if you count all the presents then the cost becomes and advantage.
i see no disadvantages

Like that thinkingwinking

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 09:31 AM

I just KNEW there were Russian agents in the UK! laugh

Life is "bloody awful" for a LOT of men, not just gay men. Relationshits are difficult for everybody as long as money is made scarce and laws are passed to favor corporations instead of people.

What interests you so much about Russian men?

laugh laugh laugh

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 09:31 AM

believe me or believe me not ok.
I'm a gay man who is trying to understand the mind-set of gay russian men. I've had limited success in cultivating some genuine non-sexual friendships. But it's depressing when the ones that failed, were because money was required for this or that. I know that life for gay men is bloody awful, and perhaps it's why so many are predatory, and have below the surface, this veneer of coldness. And they yearn for what other gay men have here. In the UK. Complete freedom,to be who we are. To love and be loved, by another man. Which is what I guess, we all want.
I don't understand, I just don't..
Jonathan

Hey
Do you know Russia follows the Christian Orthodox religion? and they are verystrict about it. If you dont know that.....This religion and being gay are like oil and water. So if you are smart.....

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 09:20 AM

Isn't it also about sharing your wonderful union with the other people who matter to you?
I don't think there is -or has been- a people that did not celebrate a marriage.
So the joy and sharing with others, making it a really memorable and festive day.
Making it a very special event, after all marrying is something big.
It's also the opportunity for others that love you to express their love and well-wishes.

Disadvantage is the cost, yes, but isn't that at the same time part of making it special? Saving up for it because it means so much to you.
In a way you can then also wonder if throwing a party is ever worth it, if it's not just providing people with free booze and food.
Isn't the joy and shared happiness more important?

Let me get this straight. The adv you mentioned is intertwined with cost. Hence no dis. Is that what you are saying, Sparkle or arre there any disadvantages?

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 08:53 AM

It all depends on the couple and what they want to be remembered.
I remember my wedding ceremony. It happened on a beach - same beach I proposed to her on - and we had a tailgate party, was in the in the evening.
I wore my surfing suit and she had her one-piece bathing suit on and a shawl. What mattered is that we were getting married, not how much we spent on the ceremony.

The cost of the ceremony need not be a disadvantage.
Just like the advantages aren't necessarily free food and drinks for the gusts since they themselves also spend money on gifts and some of them help with the planning.

Didnt say they are the only advantages. Just wanna hear from y'all the pros or cons.

was about to add if there are any but stopped androfl

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 08:44 AM

That ref was a twit, never a penno :angry:

But last year, we lost at Napoli in the group stages. And we all know, who won the cup :wink:

No plain sailing in football. **** happens

Aye. Bring on Chelsea drinks

You know what Tammy said? We will leave all our frustration on Liverpoolrofl rofl rofl

LOL. See what he says after the 6th win in a row for us laugh

Cant wait

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 08:33 AM

The ceremony itself, is symbolic in
that it is where the couple promise to
each other, and to their deity, (if applicable)
their love for each other, and their commitment.

Lets take that as an advantage. What about disadvantage?

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 08:30 AM
As far as I know I love my family(every bit of them).
BTW when did family and love became separate?

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 08:21 AM
Can anybody tell me the advantage and disadvantage of a wedding ceremony? Keep in mind... i didnt say wedding or the life after that. The ceremony itself.
Lemme start with the obvious disadvantage-COST
Advantage- Free food and free booze for the invited people

BTW DON'T TELL ME IT'S A PLATFORM TO BUILD YOUR LIFE and on and on...Just concentrate on the ceremony

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 05:51 AM

But last year, we lost at Napoli in the group stages. And we all know, who won the cup :wink:

Aye. Bring on Chelsea drinks

You know what Tammy said? We will leave all our frustration on Liverpoolrofl rofl rofl

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 02:24 AM

One adventure ends and another begins.
I'm off to arhnem, Netherlands for 5 days to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the beginning of the liberation of Holland bigsmile

Its not Holland. Its the Netherlands
Holland is comprised of two big states that make up the Netherlands.

Before you ask I am not from The Netherlands nor Holland nor Europelaugh bigsmile

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 09/19/19 01:34 AM
Closed minded people

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 09/18/19 11:07 PM

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 09/18/19 04:57 AM
By the way I heard sometime ago, there is a WHY? movement some place

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 09/18/19 04:11 AM
We didnt get the answer for the "why" question.
In case you didnt see it
WHY,WHY, WHY?

mikaxel80's photo
Tue 09/17/19 02:06 PM

Tonight the euro millions jackpot is :
£155 million. Roughly $186 million.

The euro is held on Tuesday and Friday and covers Europe.

What would you do with it apart from upgrading your membership to mingles2? laugh

I will tell you when I get it

mikaxel80's photo
Tue 09/17/19 02:06 PM

Tonight the euro millions jackpot is :
£155 million. Roughly $186 million.

The euro is held on Tuesday and Friday and covers Europe.

What would you do with it apart from upgrading your membership to mingles2? laugh

I will tell you when I get it

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25