Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:14 AM

Well, I think's it unfair to compare Jesus Christ to God the Father, as they are two separate entities.

Was Jesus 50% human? absolutely; if not more than 50%. Jesus was just like you and me, bud. His life has been chronicled throughout history to give us an example on how to walk in his footsteps.

I believe I'm kinda on the same page as toodygirl, in that Jesus is the "Son" and completely dissimilar from God himself.

This is when we get into "fine lining" stuff.

Jesus is OUR God.

Don't know if Jesus' Father's name was originally included in the original scriptures. But in the english version(s) which most to all of us having these discussions reads, it only says God and not his name.

But nevertheless Jesus is 100% our God. "God" is not the name of a species. It is a word used to show their authority over us. It is used to keep them higher then us and not make them "one of us".

That is why the scriptures always say "Jesus is OUR God".

And is why there is no contradiction when it says "Know ye not that ye are Gods" And "There is only one God, and the devils tremble".

There is only one God, that is God the father. But the father has allowed for us to have dominion over the beasts of this world, or other words, he has given us "authority" over them. Thus now making us Gods.

Since the english translation is just that, a translation. It is important to keep grammar in context. When it refers to the father it says "God" and when it refers to us it says "god(s)".

huh... and didn't "god" say don't put any other gods before him?... sounds like your breaking a "god law" here...
But when they're all part of the same Trinity (the head of three), how is that putting a god before God the Father....

i'm not trying to put anyone's faith down here, but it is all man-made stories designed to appease/control the masses... they did a good trying to tie up the loose ends, but dividing god into 3 parts makes no sense...

The trinity is not biblically based...it's origins are Babylonian.
A great book to help understand how the Christian faith has been polluted is "The Two Babylons"
The chart in this link explains the startling similarity between the Christian trinity, and that of other faiths.
http://apostolics.net/trichrt1.html

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:04 AM

Well, I think's it unfair to compare Jesus Christ to God the Father, as they are two separate entities.

Was Jesus 50% human? absolutely; if not more than 50%. Jesus was just like you and me, bud. His life has been chronicled throughout history to give us an example on how to walk in his footsteps.

I believe I'm kinda on the same page as toodygirl, in that Jesus is the "Son" and completely dissimilar from God himself.

This is when we get into "fine lining" stuff.

Jesus is OUR God.

Don't know if Jesus' Father's name was originally included in the original scriptures. But in the english version(s) which most to all of us having these discussions reads, it only says God and not his name.

But nevertheless Jesus is 100% our God. "God" is not the name of a species. It is a word used to show their authority over us. It is used to keep them higher then us and not make them "one of us".

That is why the scriptures always say "Jesus is OUR God".

And is why there is no contradiction when it says "Know ye not that ye are Gods" And "There is only one God, and the devils tremble".

There is only one God, that is God the father. But the father has allowed for us to have dominion over the beasts of this world, or other words, he has given us "authority" over them. Thus now making us Gods.

Since the english translation is just that, a translation. It is important to keep grammar in context. When it refers to the father it says "God" and when it refers to us it says "god(s)".

It's at this point in religious debates that I get myself into a whole lot of trouble....*deep breath* here we go...

"God" is not a name....a god is a god...there's thousands and thousands of different kinds of gods.
These days OUR God doesn't have a name because of the belief by the Hebrews that to utter His name is to sin. So for a while He was "He who shall remain nameless" or "Most High", or "Soverign Lord", et...etc....
Was Jesus himself A god? Mayhap. Was he THE GOD? No, absolutely not. If he was, then do you mean to tell me that he prayed to himself the many times he prayed to the Father?
Did he not repeatedley, time, and time again, point all praise and worship to his Father in Heaven...THE GOD????
Should we pray TO Jesus? No, absolutely not. All praise and honor go to THE GOD. We have been instructed to pray THROUGH Jesus, and IN HIS NAME...but never, ever to him. Because Jesus is not THE GOD...he is perhaps A god...but not THE GOD.
He came to us in flesh...born of a fleshly woman. Jesus was a man while on earth, for the reason I explained in my earlier post.

okay...go ahead and beat me up. flowerforyou

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:30 AM

One of my favorite sayings is . .To Thy Own Self Be True. I am also a natural nurturer, and It took me along time to realize I had value and worth and that I didnt need to be someones door mat. I learned to OWN my Choices . . both good and bad. that gave me the power to change and become a person who still nurturers and cares but with in her boundries. :)

*hugs* flowerforyou
I'm so happy to hear that sugarbutt.

Haaaaawwwwwww
Ruth, Sugarbutt??

Ha ha ha haaa
Imagine the pics that ran through my mind!!!
Ha haaaaaa

It's a term of endearment. We call even our children that. Don't forget I'm from Canada eh? We're weird up here. :banana:

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/24/13 03:58 PM

Mr Perfect???....i think you'll find him in the veggie dept.

He's with Mr. Potato Head

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/23/13 05:54 AM
I'm kind of at a loss for words bud.
You say you are happy with your life the way it is....okay.
I think you've been hurt, crushed, abused, neglected to the point where you think you don't deserve any better.
My heart aches for you...but you need to want better for yourself, and no one can do that for you.
You deserve better my friend....
Good luck on your journey.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/22/13 09:17 AM
Lordy lordy....
*taking a deep breath*

That was quite an earful! I read it through, and I understand the gist of what you were saying...*I think* :smile:

In my viewpoint Jesus was 100% human. That was the whole point my friend...
Adam was created a perfect human and he sinned. So Jesus had to live as a human, to prove that as a human, he could remain faithful to his God.
Also, through Adam sin entered the world...so then through Jesus we have everlasting life.

God's perfect sense of justice and wisdom could not have come up with a more perfect answer to Adam's failure.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/22/13 04:58 AM
Cynderelly...I know just what you mean!
I appreciate men taking the effort to contact me....but when I open my inbox and see the one word messages, I scritch my head and wonder how on earth to respond!
frustrated
I just sigh and close it back up...

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:37 PM
I've been musing on this very topic recently and was intrigued by the thread.
did anyone stop to think about the very medium that we are all using to have this debate/conversation?

When I was a kid, winter evening were spent around the kitchen table, and summer evenings were spent outdoors at the picnic table. We were all talking, laughing, joking, crying, arguing, and every other 'ing' you could think of.
The younger kids would be balanced on knees, or under the table and the older kids would be at the counter washing dishes. Or in the summer, all the kids would be playing tag as the sun went behind the hills, perking up their ears when the adults would roar into laughter.
There would be beer or tea, depending on the season, and a wife's butt wasn't safe from her husband's pinch as she walked by. the uncles would be discussing the latest hockey game in detail and the older folks would rehash the evening news and flip through the obituaries, searching their memories to see if they knew the people who had passed away..."That was Johnny's great uncle on his wife's side, wairnt it?".

Do you remember those days? I do.

Just last week I went to a friend's home for a dinner party. There were eight of us and we are all close friends. Halfway through the night there was a moment when I realized that each and every one of us had a phone or crackberry or some other device, and were texting or on Facebook, or tweeting.

We're all twits.

*getting off the computer so I can go call a friend and actually have a real conversation*

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:18 PM

I like Judges because in Chapters 19-21, for me, is revealed a very unique type of writing perhaps not in any other book of the Bible?.

I see the whole episode of the murdered/raped concubine as a sort of a series of reverse analogies of Christ Jesus the Messiah. Not sure if reverse analogy is the correct term?

Jesus was a heavenly man owned by God who inherited everything from God, whereas an earthly concubine is the exact opposite, an earthly woman, owned by an earthly man, who inherits nothing from her earthly husband.

God sort of threw Jesus out of Heaven and locked the door (like the husband did to his concubine wife) so that Jesus would be ravaged by evil me. God was not concerned (like the husband was not concerned in the story). It was God's plan for Jesus to die this way. Isaiah Chapter 53 says that it pleased God for Jesus to die this way.

The concubine wife being cut up into 12 pieces and sent to the 12 tribes (House of Israel) reminds me of the 12 Apostles cut off from the main vine Jesus after his death.

The killing off of the Benjamite Men/Women/Children by the rest of the House of Israel for having not turned over the rapists/murderers to them, and the subsequent kidnapping of surrogate wives for the surviving Benjamite men to continue the clan, reminds me of the Gentile Churches headed by the Apostle Paul, A true Benjamite himself.

The story mentions Bethlehem, a virgin, a donkey, straw, no room at the inn, and other details reminiscent of the virgin birth of Jesus.

Also, why would 65,000 Israelites have to die to avenge for the death of 1 concubine wife? Seems odd. Yet, it was not that the many died for Jesus, but rather Jesus instead died for the many.

Interesting analogy my friend....I gotta go read Judges again with all of this in mind.
Thank you for sharing. flowerforyou

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 01:42 PM

I'm very involved with the Deaf culture, as I have a brother who is Deaf.
They have interesting phrases for things, and their ways of thinking because of their 'physical' language has a tendency to pierce through our English muck with such simple clarity.
My brother once said "Psalms are women and Proverbs are men".
When you think bout it...it's so fitting and accurate eh?

I'm sure that your brother has an interesting reason for labeling the one book "women" and the other "men".
So if you will...please expound for us.

smile2

Women tend to talk more than men and are mostly more emotional than men. Women are full of love and compassion and reasoning.
Psalms are longer than proverbs, and since David wrote a good majority of them, are a full spectrum of the emotional makeup of man...from grief to rage to despair to overwhelming love.

Men are short and to the point. Think of the two genders when they go shopping...women tend to meander whereas men go straight from point A to point B.
Proverbs are very much like that..."this is what must be done", with not much elaboration or reasoning as to why.
Short, consice, and to the point.
*grin*

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 09:48 AM
I'm very involved with the Deaf culture, as I have a brother who is Deaf.
They have interesting phrases for things, and their ways of thinking because of their 'physical' language has a tendency to pierce through our English muck with such simple clarity.
My brother once said "Psalms are women and Proverbs are men".
When you think bout it...it's so fitting and accurate eh?

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:50 AM

Money is not love and it can't buy love. Can love be complete without money. Can you truly love someone without spending money?.I know no matter how much somone spend on you if he or she don't show you love you will not be happy.Can someone spend money on you without loving you or will someone loves you without spending money?. Can a stingy man spend money on a woman he loves?. Money and love can't do without each other although they are not the same thing. What do you think?

Sorry but you just negated your opening statement. Sound like you do equate the size of the Diamond to the amount of his love. You are wrong.

2keith you got it wrong truth is bitter but truth will set you free. Fristly I'm a very hard working woman I don't believe in a guy's money. Money is not love but it makes true love sweeter . No woman wants to be with a very poor man just like no man wants to be with a nagging woman. We know that true love can make you love a poor guy but deep inside you wish that atleast he is Financial ok even if he is not rich. . I'm sorry but is only stingy men who want to take advantage of women that pretend that love has notting to do with money.

Buzzer aaaannnn, I have never ever ever been called stingy ever ever. My women have a quality above money or they are not my women. It's true, nags are out the door, but right along with money grubbers. I may be speaking way out of turn for some, but I personally can not do the money thing with a gal. If she does not have her head on straighter than to put a piece of paper or plastic in the equation she is frankly not worth my time. This country is screwing it's love life over so bad due to this money thing and we have no idea how bad. I may be the smallest of small minorities here on this but than again how many women do I need to choose from? I like my odds a lot better.

When you women (and guys) end up lonely and on a dating site with no results, you might want to look at why. It's not for the lack of numbers. Holy smokes, I get asked out more than Hugh Hefner. What is it that causes long term satisfaction? Is it money? Really? I've been in the wrong circles I guess. Well michael that's because you have money, really? I've been on mingle after getting my biz busted and with my biz flying high and it hasn't changed my views one little bit. I can see a woman not wanting a "lazy man", but in todays world a man struggling? Please ladies tell me your more quality than that.

I've even seen some say "you shouldn't date till you have your money woe over", really? You guys gotta help me with this cause this just seems low life to me.

I hope I'm not making folks mad, really I'm not. This might be something that I have been completely naive about. I might be that 1% who has had great relations with or without. I see this talked about all the time on here and really gals it's a big turn off to me. I'm not in the position where I need to find love but holy smokes this kind of talk really scares the B-Jesus out of me.

I wish you gals would at least tell me how much you want lol. I'll start saving I guess. And this comes with a warranty right? So when you run out of love, I just do a trade in correct? Now is this a flat rate, and do I tie this to sex? You see the more I read, guys want sex and girls want money, right? Hmmmm thought that was illegal? Well I am in Vegas so why not. Ok, so you guys negotiate love and money right?

Let's break it down to see if I can afford it.

Woman $$$
Woman and sex $$$
Woman and kids $$$
Woman and kids and cat $$$ (dog extra)
Woman and meals $$$ (dutch $$$)
Woman with moods, kids, cat, dog, no sex, no meals $$$
Woman (last years model) $$$
Woman (premium babe) $$$ extended stay $$$
Woman (independent) NC (comes with nagging and a variety of options)

Let me give some advise (Oh no)
What you put in the air is exactly what you are going to get! When you roll this stuff around in your mind you end up with what your rolling around with.

A business friend of mine told me a long time ago "don't waste time on the wrong words". Most of the world looks at things like the whatever 90% or what ever you want to call it, but this doesn't mean that you have to live by that rule. If love to you is about money it's because you have made it that way. And I have news, you more than likely are going to end up with a guy either in front of you or behind your back that is going to treat you that way. If you make yourself a product (no matter how you word it) he's going to treat you like one. You don't think he's going to strip clubs and or looking for a trade up? Don't fool yourself.

Those of you who really want to be independant, I hope this is something you really want cause your gonna get it. Your mans gonna have his own life completely seperate from you and most of the time your never gonna have any idea what that life is. The 90% is gonna look at you right in the face and bold face lie. Your gonna defend him to others but It's always gonna stick with you.

Most people who talk about financial freedom haven't a clue what it is. The 90% are slaves to their funds and the worry that comes with "freedom" is a nightmere. Every Time the bills roll around that pain of losing what I have comes knocking.

Every selfish thought or word that you throw out there is going to land right in your lap. You can't eat a fish sandwich and call it a burger, and you can't tie your hopes to security and call it money. Security and money are completely two different things. Didn't the bank collapse tell you anything? How many of you lost in the bank collapse? I did. Am I ever going to see it again? Nope. Can it happen tomorrow? Yep.

If you build your house on shifting sand you will very likely at some time watch that house fall, or live a life of unfulfilled dreams, pretending to others that your right where you want to be. That's the 90%.

That 1 or 10%, whatever the heck it is, lives a life that is not bound by the 90%. We have decided to roll the dice good or bad, better or worse, rich or poor, healthy or not. To us freedom has nothing to do with our bank account and everything with making sure that from morning till night we got the most out of it, and we are in each others arms. We don't look outside of our own happiness, but we do welcome others to join us. We spend our time trying to think of good instead of dwelling on bad. When troubles come we hold tighter and don't point the finger of blame at each other. There's no such thing as lazy in our lives cause we love work and have accepted it as a part of us and not something to run away from with hate every night. We're not thinking of what to get cause we're too busy having fun giving. When we don't have anything to give, we take what we do have and give it to the poor, because we now understand how they feel. We don't mind being at the bottom so much because it gives us a chance to look up, and we don't look at our position at the top as a chance to look down. We love pulling people along and seeing them find their true self worth, and we try our best to forgive quickly when we gain understanding. We look at each other with true amazement and wonder how we got so lucky. We enjoy the uniqueness about each other instead of seeing a flaw to change. We accept each other as different but would love to crawl inside of the others skin. There are no needs for breaks because we are each others vacation.

For me, yep, I'm glad to be outside the 90%. You can have all the money you want, give me one day of true love and make that day repeat itself for a life time. That's how I roll. When I have it it's used and when I don't I remember when I did and enjoy the memories. Money will not be my jailer and my woman completely gets it. We live for right now and we work hard to make more nows, not because we are greedy, but because we have ambitions and love to achieve.

Sometimes I just don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. I love you but I just don't know.

*tugs you down off the soap box and gives you a big soul drenching kiss*
Will you marry me?? love
*giggle*

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:45 AM

Money is not the begining or end of relationships but the attitudes about it generally are.

Sadly money is often power in relationships. So is sex. To often one is traded for the other which in my mind pretty much lowers the trade to prostitution on both sides of the deal. And doesn't give either side much sense of comfort.

I personally could give a rats behind if a guy has a lot of money. After a certain point, bills getting paid, food on the table, maybe once in a while buying something you really don't need is enough for me because more it is just stuff and I have more stuff than I need.

I am not a kid anymore and I have managed to get past living in a rented room, eating ramin, and drinking out of dixie cups and yea I expect the man in my life to have done the same. It takes responsibility and sacrifice to have a little something something. I have done it and not going to hand over what I have if they have nothing.

I am not going to bust on him for having to go to work, even odd hours, but if I am the last priority in his life and he can't tell me boo so I can know when he is coming around that he can throw down fat cash when he thinks he wants to get around to me is not going to fly.

What means the most to me is someone that is honest enough to say hey I have an idea that it would be nice to do this together. It could be pancakes at McD's or something fancy like going on a cruise but it is more about wanting to do it together than what it is.

You give me a guy that wants to be with only me; will will come around, share the decisions he is making in his life, and sees if I need help getting my chores done and cares if I have a good day or comfort to get through a tough one that is the guy I am going to sacrifice for and go out of my way to look pretty for and want to "comfort".

Standing up and applauding.
Hear hear....the words of wisdom finally!
I've been reading this thread and thinking that it's strange that no one has mentioned financial responsibility.
If a man can't be responsible with his finances, no matter if he works at Mickey Dees or if he's a corporate lawyer, then I'd be nervous committing my heart to him.
I don't really care what we do....some of my best dates have been getting lost in the woods, or 2am cups of cawffee at the corner coffee shop. What matters is how he treats me, and how I feel when with him.
I once dated a very very rich man and I was 'expected' to look a certain way on some of our out goings because of interactions with his business partners and 'networking'. He was more concerned with our image than with what we did together or with how I felt.
Needless to say, once I got the gist of things, I was out of there faster than you can blink. Stuff the caviar up yer butt mister...this little lady is outta here!

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:29 AM
There are so many layers to the Bible and I find myself gleaning different nuggets of wisdom with each reading.
But I find that I tend to go back to a specific book each time for words of comfort and wisdom.
For me that book is Isaiah.
What is your 'go to' book in the bible and why?

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:26 AM

I've found that just like other things in this world a title or label, if you will, is just that.

Just because you say you are something doesn't make it so! I've met men, claiming to be Christians, have little regard for others, are completely materialistic, are whoring themselves with men and women and who then feel completely justified sitting in judgement of others.

I've also met men who lives reflect the morals and values that are associated with Christianity but who do not call themselves Christians, they consider themselves spiritual.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. We have to focus on how our lives reflect our beliefs, rather than how we spend time on Sundays, because let's be honest some people think going to church every week makes them a good Christian. Works doesn't get us through the door.

So yes, I've dated men who do not call themselves Christians, but the only way those relationships last is if we have a similar moral compass that we use to guide our lives. Mine is deeply rooted in my Christian upbringing.

Great question!

Love it!!!!

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/20/13 06:50 PM

In 2 Corinthians 6:14, the Apostle Paul writes, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?" (ESV)

If you have ever dated a non-Christian while you were a Christian, then explain why.

Yes....I dated a Mohawk for a long time. His teaching were from the longhouse traditions.
I found that there were a lot of commonalities, and that he shared the same basic beliefs of one Creator, a son, and kindness and fairness to all.
http://www.mohawktraditionalcouncil.org/longhouse.html

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/19/13 06:13 PM
It's interesting if we go all the way back to the beginning.
One of the 'names' for God is translated into "He Causes to Become".

So then what did God cause to become? Earth, governed by humans under His authority.
His original purpose was an Earth and for humans to reside upon it. Now we all know that what God purposes will come true. Not in our time frame, but in His.

I believe that we were created to live eternally on earth. But Satan cast doubts on God's authority and leadership when he asked Eve if she really should obey the simple command not to eat of the fruit.

We've spent all this time figuring out the answer to this question. God doesn't want mindless robots, he wants free thinking individuals who obey and worship him with full knowledge. So we gotta figure out that it's in our best interest to serve Him.

Yes, as most people in this thread have observed, you don't go to heaven or hell when you die...these are man made concepts that are from other religions.

You go 'to sleep', as Jesus so simply put it when describing the people that he resurrected, such as Lazarus and the young girl. We will 'wake up' when this period of questioning is over, and those who still refuse to acknowledge the truth and divinity of God will be banished to eternal 'nothingness', and those who side with God will be residents forever on an Eden-like earth.

Leastaways this is the way I see things from my studies. *wink*

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/18/13 03:22 PM

I'm not sure what's going on but I keep attracting the wrong men...Are there any Good Honest Loyal Men left.. .or are they all spoken for....

You haven't met them because you attract the wrong ones.:smile:
Start with you and examine why this is.
Are you too flexible with your criteria? Are you open/vulnerable to being abused/misused?
Start with yourself honey.

*hugs*flowerforyou

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/18/13 11:21 AM

But that isn't what he said.

I know that...but based on the topic of this thread, and based on the fact that English is not his primary language, that is what I'm guessing he intended.

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/18/13 09:59 AM

The bible is one group of people's interpretation. It doesn't really have much to say on the topic of what we're talking about here anyway, which is terminology.

And biologically, humans are animals.

I think Johnny was trying to say that he believes that 'mate' is a term to be used for the animal kingdom, and 'husband/wife' are terms to be used for humans. :smile: