Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Wed 04/03/13 06:13 PM

Finding a good man, who is single, is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Gee, I have never before been compared to a needle. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Well you do needle us a lot.
*kiss on yer noze*:wink:

ruth74's photo
Tue 04/02/13 06:21 PM
Honestly?
Pay attention to what she says/likes/needs, then act on it.
One of the best things that a guy ever did for me was to purchase a native headdress that I had admired at a pow wow.
He purchased it, then kept it and gave it to me as a surprise several months later when I was having a particularly rough day.
It wasn't anything fancy...just leather and feathers...but he was so sweet in the way he gave it that I melted.
Another time, a fellow who was allergic to fish, taught himself how to cook salmon on the grill with a cedar plank...because he knew salmon was my favourite. So sweet. love
I had a fellow who for Christmas and birthdays, gave me expensive gifts...but they had absolutely nothing to do with what I liked...only with what he liked. Like for example, one Christmas I got a model kit for an airplane...like what the heck? frustrated

Just pay attention to her hunnybun. The price of the gift doesn't matter, it's the thought behind it.

ruth74's photo
Tue 04/02/13 08:14 AM

I stopped using the laptop awhile ago, smart phone is easier! :) LOL

Smart-arse! rofl

ruth74's photo
Mon 04/01/13 07:07 PM

Hey Ruth...Hi how are you...do you have a man already..? other wise count me in...!!! jajajajja....it is so nice what you have just said...I mean the way you describe you will be taking care of your man..I will take care of my girl as well..and perhaps you are so beautiful...Soooo beautiful...I mean it.

Thank you very much for the compliment!waving
Nope...I'm single, and going to stay that way until just the right fellow comes along. I've been through two very difficult relationships, and happily, have learned from them.
I've learned that it is so much better to be single, independent and happy, rather than to be in a relationship that is wrong and where I am sad and trapped into sacrificing 'me' for 'us'.
I found 'me', and I like 'me', and will never, ever give me up again. I worked too hard to find myself and darn it...I LIKE me!!
tongue2

ruth74's photo
Mon 04/01/13 07:00 PM

For me personally, I was raised old fashioned. Women cooked and cleaned, and men took care of handy man type jobs.
I'm all grown up now, but that early training left its impression on me, and the way that I show that I love someone is that I 'nurture' them.
This can be anything from doing the dishes, to mending a pair of pants.
I am a career woman, and independent minded, but am happiest when cooking supper and knowing that my man is comfortable, watching his sports program.

Ok...going to go crawl back into a cave now...sorry I'm sooooo old fashioned. :angel:

This young woman is an all around beautiful lady.
Heart, body and soul.flowers

Aw hey...now ya got me blushing!
Thank you.
*kiss on yer noze*

ruth74's photo
Mon 04/01/13 09:50 AM
For me personally, I was raised old fashioned. Women cooked and cleaned, and men took care of handy man type jobs.
I'm all grown up now, but that early training left its impression on me, and the way that I show that I love someone is that I 'nurture' them.
This can be anything from doing the dishes, to mending a pair of pants.
I am a career woman, and independent minded, but am happiest when cooking supper and knowing that my man is comfortable, watching his sports program.

Ok...going to go crawl back into a cave now...sorry I'm sooooo old fashioned. :angel:

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/31/13 05:07 PM
OK....get up...step awaaaayyyyy from the computer and go join a team...bowl/darts/euchre, I don't care. Go take singing lessons, painting lessons, acting lessons. Go join a community garden, put on a leotard and go take up ballet.
*grin* just go do something bud.

Actually wait a minute...get back here on the computer for a minute and check this out.
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/houston/

Meetup is a great way to get out an involved.

In other ways, my sweet little mis planted Florida hottie...quit whining and go do something! *hugs* I mean that last sentence with love.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/31/13 04:59 PM
probably because of my ASL background, but I am very good at knowing when I'm being flirted with.
Except that one time that my friend had to stop me from taking up an invitation to go out with another woman who totally had the hots for me and I didn't even know it!
laugh

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/31/13 04:54 PM
One day at a time honey...and if that becomes too much then one hour at a time.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/31/13 04:52 PM
Maybe you're looking too hard sweetie. It's been my experience with myself and with my friends, love comes up and taps you on the shoulder when you're not even looking.
Just focus on yourself and making yourself happy and strong, well grounded and well centered. You will then become more desirable to others.
*hugs*
Welcome to Mingle by the way.:wink:

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/31/13 02:31 PM

If I may just add to what Ruth originally replied. The reality is that in order to attract the type of person your looking for, you have to be the person they are looking for. It is a two way street.

This is a difficult concept for most people to understand. Most people believe that they will meet the "Right" person and everything will just magically be great. WRONG! Just because you meet someone that you are attracted to doesn't mean they are right for you. Two different things. The person that is right for you is usually the person you over look.

Relationships are work plain and simple. Ask any couple that have 35-40 years under their belt and they will tell you the same thing. The things that are important to you may not be important to your potential mate so you have to look at yourself and see if what is important to them can be important to you and vise versa. Good luck out there to everyone still looking for your potential mate. As others have said, you will meet plenty of the wrong people before you meet the right person. Round pegs don't fit in square holes so don't force it. Just be patient, meet lots of friends and maybe one of them will also be your MR. or MRS. right.

Yup...what he said. :wink:

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/30/13 01:24 PM
Oy Vey Charlie boy...good luck finding a woman who meets all of your criteria!noway

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/30/13 01:17 PM

When I said excited, i mean angry.

Same same!
Angry IS over the top!
So,
no excitemen,and def no anger!!
This is an exchange,a response.....
I guess you are afraid of angry women??
Ha ha haaa
Sorry to disappoint,no anger here!

That's part of the trouble with online communication.
You can't see the other person's facial expressions or body language to get an idea of their mood.
*frown* *scratching head in puzzlement*

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/29/13 07:06 AM
Edited by ruth74 on Fri 03/29/13 07:06 AM

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/29/13 07:05 AM

Contact with my daughter Radiance always puts a smile on my face. happy

This is Radiance:

Holy jumpin'....she's a really beautiful young woman!
*hugs*

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/29/13 07:02 AM
Depends on what kind of woman/relationship you are looking for.
If it is marriage minded, then no not a sin.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/29/13 07:02 AM
Depends on what kind of woman/relationship you are looking for.
If it is marriage minded, then no not a sin.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/29/13 06:59 AM
Here's the way I see it.....
"Good men" and "Good women" sometimes run the risk of being entangled in a relationship where they are harmed rather than loved.
That's certainly what happened to me.
They either stay stuck there...or they untangle themselves and set themselves free.
Once free, they're darn sure not going to get trapped again, so they become cautious and wary. This is a GOOD thing....but sometimes they also become bitter and cynical...NOT a good thing.
So then the challenge is to remain aware, and to resist traps while still being 'Good'.
Quite the challenge indeed sometimes eh?
Sometimes I think I'll be better of being a crazy cat lady. :banana:

But then I start to remember how good it is to have a man around, and I miss that so much it hurts. I miss the friendship and the intimacy...the rough scruffy cheek in the mornings, and the dead weight of his sleeping arm across my back at night. I miss having a sounding board to talk to and someone to run away with on weekend adventures.

So....like so many others, I try to stay GOOD while looking for someone else who is GOOD.
Surely it can't be that hard?? *lol* Apparently it is, otherwise these sites wouldn't be so popular.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 06:59 PM
Interesting topic :smile:
For me it's the hands...of course I will focus on eyes and lips while conversing, but when given a chance, will look at the hands.
Perhaps that comes from ASL being my first language though.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:45 PM

I'm not sure what's going on but I keep attracting the wrong men...Are there any Good Honest Loyal Men left.. .or are they all spoken for....

You haven't met them because you attract the wrong ones.:smile:
Start with you and examine why this is.
Are you too flexible with your criteria? Are you open/vulnerable to being abused/misused?
Start with yourself honey.

*hugs*flowerforyou

you basically asked the same question in another thread, and now your answering it... good answer, but i take it your not using your own advice...

Ahhhhh but I am a work in progress my friend.
Just hope I end up being a Monet and not a Picasso! :tongue:

OP this kind of self progress doesn't happen overnight and sometimes you take two steps forward and one step back. When encountering a situation with a lot of emotion, we tend to regress to harmful patterns.
It helps to put the heart aside for a bit and to use the mind to examine why these things happen, then to logically come up with different approaches.
Problem with most of us women is that when we fall in love all logic goes out the window! laugh

I hear you!
We risk it all and open it all-all over again!

Don't I know it.
Girl...I really am liking you the more I know you!
tongue2