Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/17/13 02:46 PM
Huh!!????!??
I just checked OP's profile and it's been deactivated?
rofl

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/17/13 02:45 PM
Also consider that you don't know the whole story my friend. She may be hiding some things from you.
Good luck and be careful eh?

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/17/13 07:46 AM
Edited by ruth74 on Sun 03/17/13 07:47 AM
Hey Tater...nice to meetcha! flowerforyou

I took a peek at your profile as well, and you really seem like a great catch...if I were 20 years younger, I'd give the competition a run for their money. *smile*
My two cents?
You're very young yet...take things easy and live it up sweetheart. Focus on great friendships, focus on your own self and being happy, and productive, and well grounded.
Next thing you know the right little lady will be right around the corner, and you'll know her when you see her.
As for those women who allow themselves to be used....they have issues they need to work out. A person can only go based on what they know and what they've learned. if you've not had the chance to see how a confident woman acts (ie from a mother or a close female relative), how can you know how to be one yourself?
We are all of us constantly learning, evolving, and growing. Focus on your own growth and make yourself a strong oak...life will bless you for this.
*hugs* and good luck!!

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/16/13 06:55 PM
Yes hun, true love does exist...but it's a fragile thing that both partners need to be willing to nurture.
If they invest the time and patience...water it, feed it, and yes do the occasional pruning, that love can grow to a mighty oak.
She just apparently had a black thumb.
*hugs*
You're young...use this as a learning experience, and don't let it taint your future relationships but learn from it and allow yourself to become wiser.

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/16/13 06:44 PM
Oh heck...I'm in.
Granola with yogourt and berries.

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/16/13 06:38 PM
That brought a smile to my face to read.
*hugs*
Mind if I ask what kind of job?

ruth74's photo
Sat 03/16/13 04:49 AM
Here's a fitting joke...
Adam was in the garden of Eden after Creation was complete and he was kinda glum
God came walking through to admire all that he had done and noticed Adam sitting on a rock, and very woebegone.
"What's the matter Adam? Is everything not perfect that I have created? Why so glum chum?"
"Gee God...no everything is really great! Something bothers me though, and I don't mean to complain, but I feel kinda lonely. I noticed that all the animals have mates, but I don't...why"
"Ah my son...I have the perfect mate for you. She will be submissive to your every need...she will cook like an Italian chef, she will clean like Martha Stewart, and she will look like a runway model. Quite a pretty little thing that I created, so she is."
"Oh wow gee!! Where is she, when can I meet her"
"Well son, there's a problem. She will cost you an arm and a leg"
After thinking for a few moments, Adam looked at his Creator and asked "What can I get for just a rib?"

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/15/13 07:23 PM
I'm wondering if what I say are my best and worst would be the same as what family and friends would say? Hmmmm....

Had to think about this for a little while, and I think my best and worst are the same.
I'm loving and kind...but too much so at times I think.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/15/13 07:09 PM

One of my favorite sayings is . .To Thy Own Self Be True. I am also a natural nurturer, and It took me along time to realize I had value and worth and that I didnt need to be someones door mat. I learned to OWN my Choices . . both good and bad. that gave me the power to change and become a person who still nurturers and cares but with in her boundries. :)

*hugs* flowerforyou
I'm so happy to hear that sugarbutt.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/15/13 07:05 PM

Looks are important. We should Spend a little time 2 Make Ourselves Attractive

Yup...I totally agree. I very rarely venture out of the house withough make-up and my 'outside clothes', as opposed to my 'indoor clothes'.
This is one lady who will never wear her pyjamas to the store! :smile:

Is that because I'm vain? No...I was raised that a lady looks like a lady and a gentleman looks like a gentleman.
Attractive looks are primarily based on good hygeine, a care for appearance, and most importantly a light that glows from within. An average fellow with a killer smile and a twinkle in his eye would have more success than an 'attractive' man with dirty fingernails and unkempt hair.

And dat's a *muah* flowers for yu Once again :smile:

*blush* Thanks hun :smile:

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/15/13 11:52 AM

It is to easy to get distracted from what a couples relationship was built on. Children, money, status, work, etc.; cause a slowly widening rift. Little things become automatic. Like the first kiss, every morn, becomes a peck; a lingering caress on the back/butt, becomes a pat or a brush. We take things for granted & forget to WORK at keeping the romance. Then pride & stubborness makes give & take, into I'm right/you're wrong.

LOVE takes WORK, EVERYDAY with EVERY BREATH.

Think about it; HOW you would feel, if one day you parted & suddenly you could NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.

LIVE a RELATIONSHIP like EVERYDAY is YOUR LAST. Don't learn the hard way & live thinking of all the words you would like to take back & time you realize you both wasted.

OPINION

*giving you a big hug*
Amen brother...you old time gentlemen need to teach the younger crowd about taking pleasure in the sheer simplicity of these gestures that you describe.

Mayhap this generation is also desensitized by all of the drama on tv? They want the fireworks and drama every single day it seems.

ruth74's photo
Fri 03/15/13 05:04 AM
It's only very recently that the perception of the institution of marriage being a one shot deal fell apart in our society. It's in no small part due to the Industrial Revolution and the collapse of faith within the family.
I've said this before...once people stopped going to churches and started casting God out of their lives, marriage and the sanctity of the family unit became disposable.
Am I saying we all need to get our butts back to church?
No...not at all.
Despite the fact that divorce was extremely uncommon, the marriage institution was used as well to diminish women, to control them, and to leave them in hopeless states of despair, unable to escape a life of abuse.
So...within seemingly a generation, we've swung to an opposite extreme. It is my hope that someday soon we find a happy medium between the two.
We need SOMETHING to be held accountable to for our actions. For me it is God...my ex was a non Christian Mohawk, but his morals meshed nicely with mine, because he believes in a supreme Creator and his life is governed by the tenants of his society which are governed by respect and peace and fairness.
Another aspect to consider is that there is so much family dysfunction these days, again due in no small part to the collapse of the nuclear family. Dysfunction gets carried from relationship to relationship and makes it very difficult to establish healthy patterns. How can you when you don't know how? Without experiencing this family unit as a child, how can you hope to re-create it as an adult? Myself personally, that was my background, and it took me many years and lots of heartbreak to realize the negative patterns I was following, and to then consciously eradicate them and to replace them with positive ones. *sigh* It's still a day to day process where the old patterns rear their heads and I have to stamp them back into submission.laugh

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/14/13 05:26 PM
It all depends what you want to do. Blenders are basically good for making smoothies and purees and etc.
If you want slicing and dicing, then you need to go to a food processor with the blades.
I pretty much have one of everything...
I'm a kitchen gadget nut.love

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/14/13 05:22 PM
Which just goes to prove you need to be careful and keep your guard up. Profiles are just a front cover to the story, designed to catch your attention.
You need to do a bit of reading to find out if you want to continue to the next chapter.
For instance I was contacted by someone with a great profile and it piqued my interest. In exchanging mail he first told me he was new to the site, yet in a later letter said he'd been on and off for the last 4 years. Then he said in another letter he said he's separated for 5 months.
So my radar goes up....way up. This person was on a dating site while married? Nope...not someone I want to pursue contact with beyond the casual.
You need to let the head lead before you let loose the gates to the heart.

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/14/13 10:43 AM
racism and feeling the need to establish your superiority by putting others down.

ruth74's photo
Thu 03/14/13 10:09 AM

Looks are important. We should Spend a little time 2 Make Ourselves Attractive

Yup...I totally agree. I very rarely venture out of the house withough make-up and my 'outside clothes', as opposed to my 'indoor clothes'.
This is one lady who will never wear her pyjamas to the store! :smile:

Is that because I'm vain? No...I was raised that a lady looks like a lady and a gentleman looks like a gentleman.
Attractive looks are primarily based on good hygeine, a care for appearance, and most importantly a light that glows from within. An average fellow with a killer smile and a twinkle in his eye would have more success than an 'attractive' man with dirty fingernails and unkempt hair.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/13/13 06:33 PM

I add a little tabasco to the conversation and see if she responds, If its just not happening, I try to liven it up somehow, many choices there, and see if she will come out of her shell or I chime in if shes talking up a storm. I try to lend something to the conversation and If not, I try to learn something and then tell her, in a nice way, its no bueno...and see how she responds. I still do what I came to do, which was meet her and try to make it as fun and easy as possible. If its not a good fit, then I move on...

*nodding head in agreement* Yup, uh-huh...I know what you mean by the tobacco. That's a common tactic of mine in everyday life, let alone my dates. I'll throw in a controversial political or religious lure, and it usually results in a good heated debate.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/13/13 06:27 PM

How do you harden your heart and stick to your guns and invest yourself in a relationship for YOUR sake, and not the other guy?

I support this too.

I feel like in our society someone having a healthy, giving Mother Theresa-like heart is a burden or could be of a great opportunity to some people out there who aren't comfortable being affectionate and real with someone who needs it in return. It's a difficult decision to be hard and stolid when it comes to feelings. I feel like to protect yourself you have to know where your boundaries are and draw a line to people who only want to use your good nature as a scratching post.

2 cents. Over and out.

*giving you a kiss on yer noze*
Best 2 cents I ever paid.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/13/13 05:53 PM
Edited by ruth74 on Wed 03/13/13 05:54 PM

Some men can be a little passive. Maybe they were raised this way and taught that this is the key to being a gentleman or ?...They seem to think that being "nice" and "pleasing" (and even compliant) is the way to win a woman's heart....I wouldn't want a controlling and dominant man. But I'm not looking for a total "people-pleaser" either...It's great when both partners have strong "selves" of their own (And preferences and interests and ideas etc.)...It's fun to take turns at suggesting activities and making compromises when need be...I don't want to be controlled or told "what to do." And I don't want to be placed in a "controlling role" either...It's more fun to be equals and best-friends. And decide on things together. (When mutual decisions need to be made.)

Exactly this and yes A-FLIPPIN-MEN!!
My last relationship ultimatley died because as sweet as he was, he was raised by a domineering mother who still controlled him. Yes, he was a perfect gentleman, but to the point where he had no spine, and I had to make every single decision from the minor ones to the major ones.
A little lady can only take so much of the load...when I ask for help, I'd like just that...not someone to say "whatever you decide is good for me dear". frustrated frustrated frustrated

It does seem that mom’s tend, or least try to, raise, a guy to be a gentlemen and treat girls nicely as the role model for the perfect husband and yet those guys seem to be passed over of the bad boy. I’m not talking about the nice guy with no spin but the one that really care about how a girl feels.

It's true!!
You often hear "why is such a nice girl attracted to the 'bad boys?'" There's a difference though between a gentleman's firm hand to hold onto and a limp appendage that you have to lead through Wal Mart....sometime a girl wants to be yanked by her boyfriend into an alley for a quick soul drenching kiss as opposed to a hesitant pat on the back.

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/13/13 05:37 PM
It probably stems from our primitive desire to find a "healthy" mate for reproduction purposes.
:banana: