Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:21 PM
I have an aquarium and call my fish 'the funky bunch'.
I have two cats...Lil' Miss Sunshine and Theodore.
I wish I had a dog...heck I wish I had a koala bear now too!

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 10:03 AM
Whoot!
Nice to see others from Ottawa here!

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:57 AM
Thank you for sharing. This helps to highlight a key point I've emphasized many times to others.
It is only by admitting our weakness and by allowing God to fill us and instill within us His grace, that we can be strong and do good works.
This chafes some people...rubs them the wrong way. In most societies, we are taught to rely on ourselves for strength and to be proud of our accomplishments. To admit weakness of any kind is to leave yourself open for mocking from others.
But it is only by being humble and open to God's control that we become strong
*hugs*
Have a wonderful day folks!

ruth74's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:44 AM

I have heard stories of this kind but not encountered one until recently. A guy I know falls head over heels with a woman. They were as happy as you cant imagine. After 3 years, the couple split with 'irreconcilable differences'. Then 2,3 days go by and he does unbelievable thing. He starts killing her family one by one.
This is what i dont get. If things dont work out between the two, why take it to the family, friends and so on?

It hurts my heart to hear that.
That is not love. It's a desire to control a person and to inflict pain. Like TwatStrat said, he's not 'normal'.
I know that you desire to understand, but rational logic goes out the window when you are talking about someone who deviates from the social norms.
*hugs* flowerforyou

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 05:59 PM
You got that problem too??laugh
I must admit, when I checked your profile I was SHOCKED at your age. You look so much younger!

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 05:55 PM
Not really...I did at first, but then found the forum!
:banana:

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 05:33 PM
Honestly though...I've met people who may be 'ugly' by most standards, but their inner light shines through and makes them so beautiful.
Their beauty comes from their inner goodness, and the way they talk, treat others, and carry themselves.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:15 PM

Oh heavens to Betsey....get involved in your local churches y'all!
And this is not a chat room. frustrated

Lol. trolling at church. laugh

Ooops did I say that out loud? frustrated

rofl
Hey...at least we're honest about it!:angel:

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:46 PM
Uh...Conrad love?
Can we have a condensed version?

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:43 PM

So my take on the OP's question.

It opens up the question of the trinity and how to understand this. And we know from what the bible says that our knowledge individually is limited like looking through a very poor quality mirror( mirror dimly. Most mirrors in those days were polish metal like copper).

So I will describe it in the same way I describe marriage. Some come together as 50% and 50% attempting for the union to make a 100% new thing. This is a dysfunctional marriage that falters each time one of the partners is not well.

But instead, a healthy marriage is when there is a two solid individuals who are 100% self reliant (through the spirit) (or seeking self reliance) in there faith, emotions, ethics, morals, character, etc who come together to form a new entity in their marriage. Now we have a powerful couple who can do far more than there sum. They support each other when the other is in need but they are still two individuals outside the union but fully part of the union. 100% themselves and 100% Mr and Mrs.

Christ needed to be flesh so he could be tempted when he was weak (40 days in the desert) and to past the test of choosing right over personal want. Something we cannot maintain our full lives. Maybe we can momentarily at best. He had to be of God as God is the only one who can put self aside to still honor his Fathers desires. So he had to be both or the whole intent is lost. And I am thankful He was.

Wow, I LIKE that! Mind if I use that analogy from time to time?

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 04:30 AM

I'm not sure what's going on but I keep attracting the wrong men...Are there any Good Honest Loyal Men left.. .or are they all spoken for....

You haven't met them because you attract the wrong ones.:smile:
Start with you and examine why this is.
Are you too flexible with your criteria? Are you open/vulnerable to being abused/misused?
Start with yourself honey.

*hugs*flowerforyou

you basically asked the same question in another thread, and now your answering it... good answer, but i take it your not using your own advice...

Ahhhhh but I am a work in progress my friend.
Just hope I end up being a Monet and not a Picasso! :tongue:

OP this kind of self progress doesn't happen overnight and sometimes you take two steps forward and one step back. When encountering a situation with a lot of emotion, we tend to regress to harmful patterns.
It helps to put the heart aside for a bit and to use the mind to examine why these things happen, then to logically come up with different approaches.
Problem with most of us women is that when we fall in love all logic goes out the window! laugh

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/26/13 04:21 AM

shocked

Sorry...had a rough day at work.
All better now. flowerforyou

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 05:52 PM
Oh heavens to Betsey....get involved in your local churches y'all!
And this is not a chat room. frustrated

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 05:44 PM

How does God give you a truck??? That must've been some prayer!! laugh

I first saw a Dodge RAM in the parking lot of the grocery store I was working at. I was sixteen then and when I saw this truck with the galvanized toolbed in the back I fell in love. I remember asking God if I could have a truck like that. This was back in 1977.

Fast-forward to 2011 and I was with my ex when she found the truck on Craigslist. The guy was asking $3,900, but it had been on there for as few months so I offered him $2,300 and he took it. My brother gave me the money to buy the truck, then he passed away on Memorial Day (2012). It's another reason the truck is special.

First of all it's not a color I would have ever picked myself, but it seems to get a lot of attention (I have pics of it in my profile). It also has special amenities, like the rollbar and louvers over the grill and headlights. Plus the galvanized toolbed :)

The truck has come in handy for quite a few situations already—a couple of them wouldn't have even worked out for me if I didn't have the truck. So I know it was God who gave me the truck and it has been a blessing ever since.

OK...had to wander over to your profile and take a look. It's a pretty cool truck. And heyyy...you're cute!!love

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:03 PM

My favorites are 5, 7, 8 and 9. Thankfully, God gave me a rather unique truck so it's kind of hard to loose it in a parking lot :)

How does God give you a truck??? That must've been some prayer!! laugh

My Deaf friend just hits her remote to activate the alarm, then looks to see what direction the people are looking.

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 01:20 PM

Lordy lordy....
*taking a deep breath*

That was quite an earful! I read it through, and I understand the gist of what you were saying...*I think* :smile:

In my viewpoint Jesus was 100% human. That was the whole point my friend...
Adam was created a perfect human and he sinned. So Jesus had to live as a human, to prove that as a human, he could remain faithful to his God.
Also, through Adam sin entered the world...so then through Jesus we have everlasting life.

God's perfect sense of justice and wisdom could not have come up with a more perfect answer to Adam's failure.

Your way too cute to beat up, but if I may inquire. This response is similar to my LDS friends use when we have friendly conversations about who Christ is. May I ask if your LDS? The importance is that we are then discussing what the Book of Mormon says about who Christ is instead of what the Bible says. If so, then the belief probably wouldn't be that Jesus was 100% man and 100% God.

Well thank you sir...*blush*
I'm not affiliated with any faith these days per se.

I was raised strict Catholic and through childhood and adolesence learned that it just wasn't the faith for me. Doctrines never made sense, even to my five year old mind when I was grounded for asking waaayyyyy too many questions.
In my early childhood home, the Bible was just a dusty book on a shelf, used to record births, deaths and marriages, but heaven forbid if I actually wanted to read it! *shock!* *horror!* noway
When I was a young adult I became JW and was very active in teaching the scriptures to the Deaf as a 'pioneer' for many years. I eventually burned out and left the faith.
Now I don't know what 'umbrella' I fit under.
All I know is that I love our God, Jah, with all my heart. I continue to study the scriptures, but now enjoy the freedom of not being told what I can and cannot believe.
Pretty liberating I must say...tongue2

I just don't like being told what to believe and what not to believe. I need to understand and it must have logic. Plain and simple.
So to tell me I must believe something and not ask why...I become much like a stubborn mule and dig my heels in.biggrin

But anyhooo....wayyyyy offtopic
OP I apologize...carry on folks!

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:47 AM

God is not God's name, so saying "?od damn it" sounds offensive, but it is not taking God's name in vain. God definitely does have a name. JEHOVAH is a pretty good transliteration if I am using that term correctly? And Jesus (again a transliteration) is the name of the Son. Distinct individuals, but both God. Just like snow, ice, water, steam are still H20 but just different forms. But that is a poor analogy and perhaps their isn't one that comes close.

I looked up the meaning of Hallelujah, since I wanted to show this thread that this means 'Praise Jah"...Jah being a shortened form of Jehovah.
But then I found this cool tidbit to share as well...

The second part, Yah, is a shortened form of YHWH, the name for the Creator.[9] The name ceased to be pronounced in Second Temple Judaism, by the 3rd century BC due to religious beliefs.[22] The correct pronunciation is not known, however, it is sometimes rendered by Christians as "Yahweh" or "Jehovah". The Septuagint translates Yah as Kyrios (the LORD), because of the Jewish custom of replacing the sacred name with "Adonai", meaning "the Lord".

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:43 AM

I need three more profiles for my multiple personalities...

Dude!! Then you'd run the risk of dating yourself! drinker

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:01 AM

There are a few good men out there Online. Most are already taken.

Phfft...right. Obviously, not all women know a decent man when they encounter one—otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Kinda sure of yourself eh? laugh
*hugs*

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:57 AM
The voices tell me that I'm perfectly sane.
So there.
:tongue: