Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 12:13 PM

I am disabled too so no question of money. Only true love.

IF you are disabled as you say, then why isn't it specified on your profile? huh

Why should someone have to disclose that they have a disability on their profile? Would you put a medical condition or other information that's very personal on your profile? What's wrong with just getting to know someone as a person first before you start judging them about that stuff?

*gives you a great big hug*
Exactly my sentiment! Putting a disability on a profile is purely a matter of choice...in a perfect world, it wouldn't matter but we all know this world aint perfect.
Then again...disability is all a matter of perception. I know plenty of people who are considered non-disabled, yet they are crippled with emotional trauma. I'd far, far rather someone in a wheelchair with a good head on his shoulders, than someone up and walking around with a huge chip on his shoulders.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 08:15 AM
I love talking to people, but can be painfully shy.
I love my little Mummy, but I want to strangle her. laugh

Rap itself is a contradiciton...it's not music. I don't know what it is, but it's not music.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 08:13 AM

slaphead I want to be loved... but I push it away slaphead

I think it's too soon after my divorce and those scars haven't faded enough yet... scared noway noway scared

It does take time to heal...different for everyone. Just don't let the scars harden you and you'll do just fine. winking

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 06:54 AM
Yes Kim...thanks for reminding us. laugh
Welcome hun. *kiss on yeer noze and a great big hug*

I can understand how your experiences may have led you to those beliefs, and my heart hurts for you.
Trust me though that not eveyone is like that.
Check out this link
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

This man is married to a beautiful woman and they just had a son. In order to believe that you deserve a smiliar love, you need to start with YOU. You are an amazing human being and are capable of giving so much.

Mayhap it's because I have a brother with a disability, and because I spent my career in caring for people recovering from traumatic injuries that result in chronic disabilities, but I always look at the person from the inside out, not the outside in.

Change your perceptions...cultivate a spirit of positivity and peace and love, and you will find a terrific mate where your primary criteria in searching for her was NOT her level of physical ability, but her level of love.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 04:53 AM
Amazing...no one has mentioned the changes in religion.
When I was young, everyone went to church on Sunday, these days I'm almost afraid to say that I'm going to church on Sunday for fear of the raised eyebrows and questioning looks.
Yes it's true that when your faith says you can't divorce, you look at marriage in a whole different light. It's a one shot deal so you gotta make it work. Problem with this is that those people who were caught in abusive relationships had no easy way out.
But now in just one generation, we've swung the other way where the out is so easy it's considered the norm. 'Oh...he's not working out? Get a divorce!' I'm hoping that the pendulum may swing the other way to a happy medium.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 04:42 AM
Ummmm...sorry, but I have to stick my nose in here.
Why do you think that if you're disabled, you must only date other disabled people? I'm just curious. :smile:

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 04:39 AM

Into every passionate relationship a little rain must fall… and when it does it can end in a fight between two angry opponents that only moments before were friends and lovers… everybody fights differently… while some don’t even fight fair, or at all... how do you handle conflicts, and emotional aggression with your partner? By screaming, throwing things, physically fighting, the silent treatment? What is your MO?

huuuuuuuuh????
Where did i put that 9mm?? Who hid my slugs???

What did I tell you guys about women....lol

Gotta watch your back... blushing rofl

Ha h aha haaaaaa
Tell them!!
But,reality is; here in Uganda,not a day goes by without a man who has shot/hacked/strangled/poisoned his wife to death!! Whats causing all this,i have no idea! And the Domestic Bill is still in Parliament-not made into law yet!!
Thats why i stay away from my countrymen....i run so fast it puts Usain Bolt to shame!

*hugs* I'm good friends with a beautiful young girl from Nairobi. She is Deaf, and has participated in pageants and won quite a few.
I worry about her though as she gets older and she is starting to 'play' with men. I worry about her safety, but you just can't tell a headstrong young person to be careful. They rarely listen.
Stay strong, stay beautiful, and hold out for a good loving man who will cherish you.

ruth74's photo
Tue 03/12/13 04:33 AM

*smile*
I am fluent in ASL, as I have a Deaf brother.
In my family, that's just how we communicate. My ex-husband was a sign language interpreter, and ASL was our language.
So much easier to express emotions of love or to say "let's get the heck outta here!" to each other in company.
Mind you, arguing in ASL can be painful too. I've sprained fingers.
laugh

Mostly though I find that as I get older, I try to be calm and to reason things out. My mother raised me with guilt and when I was younger, I used to manipulate people. I realized a while back how unhealthy that was, and I worked hard to be comfortable with calm and reasonable confrontation.

okay, my curiosity is piqued... I can get how sign language is less intrusively confrontational, although self inflicted pain then becomes an issue... laugh but being able to manipulate people??? I'm trying to picture this during a heated exchange, and nothing is coming clearly to my mind... unless maybe at the end of a gun barrel, your opponent was more highly motivated to give in to your line of reasoning laugh

*smile* I simply meant that rather than discussing things and working out a solution, I would bring on the waterworks and try to make my partner feel guilty.
It is immature behaviour, but you use the tools that you have. Some people never learned how to be mature during confrontation. It's a skill that needs to be learned.
When I was going through my divorce 13 years ago, I went to counselling b/c I was having a hard time dealing with it. I learned a lot of skills that I feel should have been taught to me as a child. As a child I learned that confrontation of any kind was to be avoided, as it led to bad things. (I had a rough childhood and ended up in the foster care system).
Some people avoid any kind of confrontation and that is NOT healthy, as it leaks out in other ways, such as 'silent treatment', jealousy, fear, apprehension. How can you have a healthy, functioning, loving relationship that way? You can't.
*sliding gun behind the couch with the toe of my foot* laugh

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/11/13 06:31 PM
*smile*
I am fluent in ASL, as I have a Deaf brother.
In my family, that's just how we communicate. My ex-husband was a sign language interpreter, and ASL was our language.
So much easier to express emotions of love or to say "let's get the heck outta here!" to each other in company.
Mind you, arguing in ASL can be painful too. I've sprained fingers.
laugh

Mostly though I find that as I get older, I try to be calm and to reason things out. My mother raised me with guilt and when I was younger, I used to manipulate people. I realized a while back how unhealthy that was, and I worked hard to be comfortable with calm and reasonable confrontation.

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/11/13 06:21 PM
Edited by ruth74 on Mon 03/11/13 06:22 PM

Mostly because of the fact that online dating sites attract some of the weirdest people I ever come across. With as many weirdos and sex crazy people that hang around dating sites,It's hard for me to believe that many find true love on any dating sites.

Charlie boy, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I found my last relationship online and we gave it a good go for 4 years before realizing that it wouldn't work out.
I met a lot of people in my city through this site (POF), and we eventually formed a great core group.
There have been 3 marriages, and 2 other couples are engaged now, and countless friendships have been formed. We've all branched off POF onto Facebook and it's been a blessing for me.
I thought that I'd try Mingle this time though, since POF just got too keerazy since I was on it last time. Relationships DO happen but the secret is to get out from behind the keyboard and to actually MEET some of these people in real life.
*kiss on yer noze*
It's ok to be picky by the way. Some people have learned from experience exactly what they don't want, and some people use it as a defense mechanism because of fear of intimacy.

ruth74's photo
Mon 03/11/13 06:06 PM

Women do not want to be "CONTROLLED", true. However, in some areas they like their man to take the lead. Women love the feminine feeling that comes from a "touch" (touch means a small amount) of submissiveness.

Absolutely. I agree. Women need to be able to trust their partner in order for this to work though. Sadly too many men abuse their position of authority and this is the reason why so many people today do not understand this type of relationship and sneer at it.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 05:05 PM
*shaking head in confusion*
Sorry....I'm not sure what you mean.ohwell

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:25 PM
I am Christian and I like how the bible teaches that a relationship should be. A man should be the head of the family, but the woman should be his crown that he cherishes.
He takes care of her and nurtures her, and she in return gives him loyalty and respect.
Is this a dominant relationship? No. This is man and woman realizing the importance of their gender roles, rather than rebelling against them.
But if you refer to a man using his head like status to diminish and demoralize his woman, then this is abuse of the gender role and a woman is wise to opt out.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:18 PM

hello!
I'm trying this online dating thing again, and would like some feedback from other ladies on how to overcome this issue.
I met a fellow about 5 years ago online, and we clicked. Sweet as he was though, he couldn't leave mummy's basement and we just could not have a mature relationship.
How do you harden your heart and stick to your guns and invest yourself in a relationship for YOUR sake, and not the other guy?
As women, we are for the most part trained to be care givers and nurturers. I grew up with a disabled brother and my career is in health care, taking care of people.
It's a natural extension of my personality to reach out to those in need and to provide care for them, be it physical, mental, or emotional. problem is that when the giving is not shared, it results in a dysfunctional relationship, and I REALLY do not want to get tangled up in that net again.
Any words of wisdom or advice?
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Think of it like this....you either eliminate them now before anything gets started or later when it becomes a big emotional upheaval...you choose.

Oh and charity is best given with no expectations. So in a relationship there should/can be no charity.

Being charitable is great though for those who you give to and never expect them to do anything else except receive it.

But I think it's healthy to expect reciprocal treatment in a relationship. So many people say that they have no expectations and for me that is just wrong. I EXPECT a man to replenish me and to be equally loving and that is healthy.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 09:02 AM

My cat eats lettuce and green beans.

My little Sunshine will chomp on kale and sits up and begs when she sees the plastic tub of salad come out of the fridge.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 08:56 AM
*giving puppy a tummy rub*
He's just so gosh darned cute!
Best of luck to you my friend.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 08:30 AM
The middle two pics are not half as attractive as the first. Gotta love a man with a smile!
I really like though that you put your interests as god and family. Expand a bit more on what kind of lady you're looking for.
Good luck!

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 08:27 AM
*deep happy sigh*
I do have a thing for dimples...laugh
You need to expand a bit and put a bit more information on your profile there bud.
But then again, I'd be too busy drooling over the pic to read the words.
Just a caution though...the little guy is cute, but I don't think it's wise to post pics of your kids.

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 08:22 AM
I liked it a lot. Good luck!

ruth74's photo
Sun 03/10/13 08:16 AM

cleaning up the house, a long lonely day :wink:

Why lonely? *hugs*