Community > Posts By > ruth74

ruth74's photo
Thu 06/09/16 12:47 PM
If you received an unwanted sext...does that mean you've been molsexted?

ruth74's photo
Thu 06/09/16 11:49 AM

If I see someone who has potential, and I send a thoughtful message, I hope to receive some thought in their response.

To sum it up...the lack of adequate communication from the majority of men makes me unmotivated to contact them first.

However, a good point actually .. coz men know how to get right to the point just in a few words .. it's called wisdom ..

rofl rofl rofl

ruth74's photo
Thu 06/09/16 10:00 AM
Hmmm...I think perhaps that on the whole, women tend to need more substance to communication.
Men are typically quite comfortable with one word replies and whatnot.
I know for me personally, when I make an effort to have an intelligent conversation by reaching out to a man, their one word or one sentence replies leave me smacking my head on my keyboard, or rolling my eyes.
If someone sends me a one word message...guaranteed I will not reply.
Hope that doesn't sound too harsh?

If I see someone who has potential, and I send a thoughtful message, I hope to receive some thought in their response.

To sum it up...the lack of adequate communication from the majority of men makes me unmotivated to contact them first.

ruth74's photo
Thu 06/09/16 04:41 AM
Thank you so much. It really scared me how easily my real identity was found out.
I asked the moderators to delete this thread. I'm assuming it was a Google image search of my former profile picture that exposed me, as I have the same pic in my linked in account.
Thanks again

ruth74's photo
Thu 06/09/16 04:13 AM
I'm a scammer? Well that's news LOL
As for the word 'muchly'... I grew up in Nova Scotia, and still retain a lot of my Maritime slang.
It's been a while since I've participated in any online forums... forgot how quick people are to judge and how the anonymity of the computer screen seems to make them feel as if they can forgo whatever manners their mothers taught them. :smile: Thanks but no thanks. I don't have the time, nor the inclination for this.

ruth74's photo
Wed 06/08/16 07:00 PM
Thanks!! Duly noted!

ruth74's photo
Wed 06/08/16 01:50 PM
What do you think? Too wordy? Am I looking for the impossible?
*grin*
Any thoughts and suggestions would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!!

ruth74's photo
Tue 04/23/13 02:49 PM

Old Spice all the way

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Heyyyyy...I like Old Spice too!laugh
Used to get me old Da' the Old Spice soap on a rope every year for Father's Day when I was a kid. *giggle*

But my all time favorite scent is from Dior...Farenheit Absolute.
**drool**

ruth74's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:50 AM
Oh my!!!
*happy dance*
We all love you sweetheart. Big hugs coming at you.

ruth74's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:48 AM
*giggle* I had a couple of good chuckles over my morning coffee while reading this.
But Abe....I think I know why you are asking. I thought about kissing and in looking back that there were some fellows who just knocked me off my feet with one kiss, and others where I felt like I was being slimed.
You want to knock this lil' lady off her feet, right?
*smile*
I don't know what to tell you hunnybunch, except please don't slime her. noway

ruth74's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:32 AM
I'm traditional and very much a home body. He greatly enjoyed having the creature comforts of a well run home and a willing partner in bed. Yes we were best friends. We had jello fights, shower sex, long summer evenings together on the porch with beer/tea and the dog, good friends who would come over for nights of music and laughter, life was sweet and good. Oh...it was sweet.
But he became involved with a group of friends at work and the men were all single, and they habitually went out weekend nights...it was a 'boy thing' and I was happy that he had made friends. I started worrying when he would 'sleep over' at a friend's home after hard nights of drinking...it was so unlike him. He became distant and I attributed that to stress at work.
You're right...it was a communication issue I guess. Next thing I know, he left for good with a wildly crazy, sexy woman who was so opposite of me. I couldn't compete with what she had to offer...excitement, I guess.
Yes, true passion exists, but it lives where there is honesty, where there is grace, where there is mutual respect. It thrives on simple pleasures, such as watching the sun rise in the morning, or watching a loved one sleep. It grows where there is a turning to each other in both times of joy and times of grief. It blooms and gives off its heady fragrance where there is a desire to be happy together, and not separately.

ruth74's photo
Sun 04/14/13 10:11 AM
Hmmm...on one hand, I prefer to observe the actions of friends and get my own advice based on what I see rather than what they say.
On the other hand, there have been times that friends have offered me valuable insight about my actions that I never really knew.
Basically my approach in the dating world is to be an open book, but not to give things away.
You ask...I answer honestly. I ask, I would like an honest answer in turn.

ruth74's photo
Sun 04/14/13 10:04 AM
Oh I had true passion once, and loved every minute of it with my ex.
But without the effort invested in maintaining it, it can wither and die, just like a plant.
Ours died. tears
We met when we were 16, and after 12 years of being together, he got 'bored' and ended up leaving me for another woman. In hindsight I think we took that amazing love that we had for granted and didn't bother to nourish it and maintain it.

That was 10 years ago, and I must say that every relationship since then has never measured up. I had it once, and I know I won't settle for anything less. Once you know what it is like to have your best friend and lover and everything else all rolled up into one, you can't settle for less.

At least I can't.

Doesn't stop me from looking though. :wink:

ruth74's photo
Wed 04/10/13 01:57 PM
I am reminded of my experiences with school and university. My high school encouraged free thinking and expression, and this was always nurtured with a healthy dose of respect for others and being open minded to the opinions/statements of others.
I flourished in this atmosphere and was on the honor role.

First year university, I nearly flunked my first semester, because I had to learn that most of my professors didn't want to hear my viewpoint...they merely wanted their ideas, and the textbooks we used regurgitated back to them when it came time for tests and exams.

Oy vey...I learned quick, but hated to shrink back and conform myself to their pablum.

ruth74's photo
Wed 04/10/13 03:38 AM
This news really puzzles me...I thought Americans were for the most part more liberal than us Canadians?
There's kids all over my country with mohawks...some have wildly dyed hair, heck some of the white kids even have dreads! laugh
It's not viewed as 'against the norm', but rather as allowing a child to express him/herself. As long as it's not too 'sexy' or discriminatory, let the children have free rein over their need to explore and express themselves. It's part of growing up and learning about yourself as a person.
Heck...just last week, Will Smith's daughter was in the news for shaving her head, and Jada's response was to defend her daughter.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jada-pinkett-smith-

defends-daughter-willows-buzz-cut-its-her-decision-20122811

I thought the kid looked beautiful...and again, was confused as to all the hoopla.
Heck...the politicians should focus on the drugs and guns in schools, and leave their hair alone in my opinion.

ruth74's photo
Mon 04/08/13 06:47 PM
My ideal man would definitely have to be Christian, not only in name, but in the way he lives his life.
Not a wimp, but soft spoken and kind to others.
Able to accept his role as "my man', and to be my guardian, my companion, and my protector. Someone that I can trust unerringly and who I can admire and respect.
Someone who is intelligent, and loves a good debate, but who also does not feel the need to fill up those golden quiet moments with incessant,inane chatter.
Oh...and he has to pick up his socks off the floor.laugh

ruth74's photo
Sun 04/07/13 07:04 PM
Too often people are just focused on their own agenda...for different reason. Selfishness, apathy, or just not caring.
Funny thing is though, that when you focus on others, in the sense of uplifting them, even if it's just with a smile, the reward to you is oftentimes greater than the action or smile that you've given.

ruth74's photo
Sun 04/07/13 03:44 PM
Perhaps just following tradition...doing things because 'they've always done it this way'.
Still...I think that's pretty freaking amazing...."shaking head in disbelief".what

ruth74's photo
Sat 04/06/13 05:34 AM
Shame on you guys!!laugh
It's her first post so what do we say?
Welcome to Mingle dear.

I know what you mean about being frustrated and wanting to do something, but having nowhere to go.
There's a few things that you can do....think about what interests you, then google your city and where you live to see events and what's happening in town.
Get involved in a local community sports group if that interests you, or get involved in volunteering. Volunteering is a great way to meet people. Or you can get involved in a local church. Or you can take dance lessons, or acting lessons.
Another option is to get involved in your local 'Meetup' group. Most major cities have a Meetup chapter.

I was in a similar situation after my divorce....I went into a black hole and hid from the world for a year or so. When I got stronger and surfaced to reality I wanted to live again, but had very few friends and contacts. Instead of staying in that situation I determined to get out and live. I'm glad I did.

Good luck OP...keep chatting with us on the forums, sure...but also get up from the computer, get out in the real world and go live!
*hugs*

ruth74's photo
Wed 04/03/13 06:18 PM

Guess I'm not a real woman, since I'm not a mother. Meh.

EDIT: Hmm... I'm not submissive either. Most of the guys I know don't even WANT that in a woman. Good thing!

$

Submission is not weakness is wisdom . The fact that you are sunmissive to your husband doesn't mean that you will be a fool for him or whatever he said you must do.make your man feel in charge you can still have your way and you will enjoy your marriage.

I have to kind of agree on this one. I asked a friend of mine how her marriage stayed so strong for 30 plus years.
She said that their marriage is bible based...he is the head. Then she winked at me and said "But I am the crown. That can be taken so many ways....my beauty adorns him, and I give him authority to rule. Also, he needs to keep a level head to keep me there."

Quite a wise woman indeed.:wink:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8