Community > Posts By > breathless1

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:48 PM

Because pretty women are nicer. Ugly women are always so bitter.

I second, or third, that rofl rofl rofl

QUOTE:

"and if the person isn't attracted to you because you are nice to them, how come the fault has to lay on them? i mean, could there possibly be something about you that doesn't turn their crank? just because a guy is 'nice' it doesn't necessarily mean that women will be panting for him. personally, chemistry and rapport will be what dictates whether the relationship will progress."

^^^ That woman who posted this clearly knows her sh*t! I applaude you for your comment. Couldn't have typed it better. drinker

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:37 PM
I dunno, a few have taken my breath away, like:

"You leave me breathless".

Thus, the screen name. blushing

Truth be told though, SHE was the one who left ME breathless; therefore the screen name. But, *shush* don't tell HER that, k? ohwell

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:27 PM

Playing my guitar, as a rock n' roll star, in a famous band, making billions of dollars.

But, I digress. I just wish I were eating a good supper right now. I'm hungry and the cupboard is bare, dammit! mad

happy Im hungry toohappy

Well, damn! Get in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans for both of us, b*tch! rofl

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:24 PM
Playing my guitar, as a rock n' roll star, in a famous band, making billions of dollars.

But, I digress. I just wish I were eating a good supper right now. I'm hungry and the cupboard is bare, dammit! mad

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:20 PM

i mean how do you have sex? If your not attracted how enjoyable can that be? I think this question is nonsense and everyone wants someone they find attractive.

Okay...so then are you saying if you were suddenly struck blind you'd stop having sex..because you can't see the "babe" you're with anymore??

Such a trap question!

Don't answer that! lol..

Copy THAT! rofl

What really irks the crap out of me is when guys come on here saying they are *nice guys*. Who are you to judge yourself?

I'd never say I was a *nice guy* to anyone. Hell, look at my profile blog thing, you'll see!

My supposed niceness can only be determined by others after they have spent quality REAL time with me.

But, here's some flowers to help my case! flowers

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:08 PM

So the point I guess im trying to get across and confirm in my head is that people will always pre judge you because of basic instinct and no matter what they think when they say "I just want a nice guy/girl" Really what they are saying is I want someone who is attractive, then I'll care about the other stuff, again just my opinion

Nope. As usual, someone is being shallow themselves here, and only looking at the physical aspects.

There is a plethora of what attracts me to another. Their physical appearance is just one of them, and honestly, it's not at the top of the list.

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:00 PM

laugh Release the houndslaugh

rofl rofl rofl

It's call law of attraction, dude.

I think it's safe to assume YOU wouldn't bed down a chick YOU were not physically attracted to, right?

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:56 PM
For my three children, especially my daughter, Isabella! :heart: :heart: :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHNeRjC4nJw

Forever Young

May the good lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
Surround you when youre far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As youd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart youll always stay
Forever young, forever young

May good fortune be with you
May your guiding light be strong
Build a stairway to heaven
With a prince or a vagabond

And may you never love in vain
And in my heart you will remain
Forever young
Forever young

And when you finally fly away
Ill be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime
No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose
Im right behind you, win or lose
Forever young ,forever young
For, forever young, forever young

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:47 PM

Fart!
That would make me leave.

Even if you were talking to a guy? laugh

By the way, I was JOKING! :tongue:

The best way to keep a conversation going is to ask questions about the other party. Statistically, the thing most folks like talking about is: *drum roll please* THEMSELVES! :laughing:

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:42 PM
Fart!

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:40 PM

Five years ago where were you Then as oppose to Now. In the following areas of your life.

Then & Now

Relationship
Income \ work
Weight
Bad habits

Relationship: Separated then. Divorced now.

Income/Work: Average/struggling then. Decent/turning work down now.

Weight: Average then. Few extra pounds, but manageable now.

Bad habits: Lots then. Lots now.

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:36 PM
I won't point any fingers here, but for those who post they *always* get taken advantage of..well, that just means you are severely co-dependent and your motives of giving are not truly from the heart, IMHO.

You are the type that whine and complain and moan and groan about "waaah, I give and give and give and get nothing in return...poor little ole me!". :angry:

How about trying to give to another person, absent of recognition, kudos, return favors, etc. For cripe's sake, put the f'ing scorecard down already! rant

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:24 PM

:smile: Have you ever been taken for granted by someone you truly love?:heart:

Sure! Who hasn't that has been in a long-standing relationship?

Not proud of this, but I've been guilty of that as well.

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:17 PM

:heart: Is it possible to have more than one soulmate within your lifetime?:heart:

Yes, absolutely!

Unless your soul is one-dimensional much like a brick or something, then you will pigeon-hole yourself into one supposed love of a lifetime.

Sure, you may have more connection with one vs. the other, but if you are honest about those you have loved in the past regardless of the outcome, they touched your soul.

Not to mention, soulmates are not only encountered in the realm of "man/woman" love. All three of my children, as well as a few friends (male and female) are soulmates of mine.

Remain open-minded, as well as open-souled! drinker

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:08 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 01/17/09 04:09 PM

Given noone knows how to define love, I say it is overrated! flowerforyou

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

is that really the right definition? I think not..

Hey! I thought that was YOU I saw in the corner with the Dunce Cap on! :laughing: :laughing:

I don't think love is overrated, but moreso overstated these days. Folks love the *idea* of love more than they do the person their professing their love to. If that makes sense...ohwell

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 04:00 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 01/17/09 04:01 PM
My king mattress!

The original one my ex and I bought was apparently riddled with mites. mad

Yes, I complained, yelled and totally b*tched some folks out about it - wouldn't you? explode

Worked like a charm! Got another new and even better mattress for free three days later. :banana:

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:55 PM

One who believes all responsibilities should be shared in a household?

or

One who still believes in the traditional roles of a man and woman?
(for example: Man cuts the grass - Woman does the laundry)

I'm all about Let's (emphasis on LET'S, i.e., Let US) Git 'Er Done. :wink:

Now, opening doors and pulling out a chair for a woman to sit upon, etc.? That's a different topic unto itself, IMHO. That's called being gentlemanly and just plain and simple: POLITE! flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:48 PM
I'm raising my three children, so I'll make double-damn sure she:

a. Isn't the boiling-bunny type.

b. Can pay her own way - my kids come first, even before her.

c. Puts the TP on the roller so it feeds over, NOT under.

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:31 PM

I think whoever has something to SAY should start a conversation. slaphead

Agreed. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'm an equal opportunity talker. :wink:

breathless1's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:26 PM

I'm not sure more mature singletons "fall," rather tip-toe in love. Life experiences and past poor judgment ought to make us wiser, if not, we are bound to repeat the same stupid, throw-caution-to-the-wind decisions...which, consequently, turn out the same sucky way the others have.

Do we look at partnership differently? Certainly! Not only that, I am certain we, the over 40 crowd. would most likely even define "love" differently than not only the younger crowd, but even differently than we, ourselves, once defined it.

Thankfully, however, my being "long in the tooth" did not taint my positive outlook, or make me totally cynical. While I was prepared to explore life as a single woman, as it turns out, I won't be doing so.

About 18 months ago, I met my now husband on this very site, albeit the site was called, Just Say Hi. We were married November 3, 2007 and I dare say I have never been happier--most likely because my past fairytale idea of love was shattered and reality got through my thick skull.

Not only am I more accepting of other (men) and their limitations (just like women!) they are people....not some figment of my girlhood imagination.

My husband is NOT just like me. He does not think like I do, he does not work through problems the same way I do. He does not communicate the way I do. He does not have the same pastime interests as I do. He doesn't love the way I do. He doesn't cry the way I do. If he did do all of those things the way I do.....one of us would be unnecessary!

I don't love all of the differences any more than he does, but we respect them and there are times and circumstances in which we actually revel in the differences between us.

You see, not only do we love one another, oddly enough, we actually LIKE each other, and that's more than OK with me! :tongue:

Brilliantly stated! drinker

I know, for me, I cannot pick and choose who I fall in love with. It's a matter of fate, attraction, connection and spirit. Not to mention, where each individual is at emotionally in their lives.

When true love is pure, grounded and devoid of fantasy, it just happens.

Personally, I think the big belch in this love concept these days is so many folks are in love with the *idea* of being in love, that they either misconstrue or fabricate their emotions, are not honest with the themselves or their partner, and worse yet, as stated brilliantly above: Do not afford themselves time to actually figure out if they LIKE the individual they allegedly love.

I'm certainly not a Mary Poppins weighing in on the topic by any stretch, but I think I approach the concept of love a little more realistically than some. Even though I've been heartbroken before, a few times, I do not let it jade me for future relationship nor do I construct this huge and totally unrealistic laundry list of requirements/expectations for future mates that so many seem to do.

In summary, YES it is very possible to fall in love, wholly and completely - at any age. If one cannot, certainly it's time they take a hard look in their bathroom mirror as to why this may be. :wink:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 22 23