Community > Posts By > breathless1

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 07:24 PM
I have an ex-wife...three kids...and a dog. Does that make me an over-achiever in normalcy? laugh

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 06:41 PM
I know I'm in the wrong age group to be posting here, but curiousity got the best of me.

I actually looked up "scene girl"...and OMG...I'm LMFAO here! :laughing:

The first I looked at was a complete instructional MANUAL on how to "be" one of these type girls.

WTF???? rofl

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 06:34 PM

The world we have created is a product of our thinking, it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
--Albert Einstein

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
--Martin Luther King Jr.

Okay, this is too weird! I just quoted both Einstein and King as well.

*insert Twilight Zone theme song here* noway

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 06:32 PM

It's the brilliance of Dr. Cox!

Ummm...okay! ohwell laugh

Two of my favorites:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

*now that ^^^ is brillance, IMHO!* :wink:

and

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
~ Albert Einstein drinker

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 06:18 PM

Relationships don't work they way they do on television and in the movies. Will they? Won't they? And then they finally do, and they're happy forever. Gimme a break. Nine out of ten of them end because they weren't right for each other to begin with, and half of the ones who get married get divorced anyway, and I'm telling you right now, through all this stuff I have not become a cynic. I haven't. Yes, I do happen to believe that love is mainly about pushing chocolate covered candies and, y'know, in some cultures, a chicken. You can call me a sucker, I don't care, because I do believe in it. Bottom line: it's couples who are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else, but the big difference is they don't let it take them down. One of those two people will stand up and fight for that relationship every time. If it's right, and they're real lucky, one of them will say something.

Dude? That's one long arse quote!!! noway laugh

Next quote I try to live by:

Don't let your sins turn into bad habits.

~ Saint Teresa

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 04:09 PM
Vincent/male

1. Yes, it was called my "silky". It was a black and silver silk scarf of my Nanna's (grandmother) that I pulled off her neck one day when I was a toddler (about two y.o., I think) and would never give back. I would just rub it constantly between my thumb and forefinger when I was lonely, stressed, or upset.

2. I lost it when I was about six when our house burned down to the ground. :cry:

3. Never sucked my thumb or used a pacifier.

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:49 PM
NO! I would not give-up my dog for anyone or any reason. It would not only break my heart, but the hearts of my three children.

If someone I was interested in were allergic...we would find a compromise, I'm sure. :wink:

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:45 PM
My day was busy, and yes...VERY stressful!! noway

I took my 10 y.o. daughter to the mall to buy clothes. surprised

I deserve a medal in patience, tolerance, and again...PATIENCE!!! :angel:

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:28 PM
Bach - Matthaeus Passion

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:20 PM
I always hold onto hope...in all situations.

Just like my 10 y.o. daughter so eloquently put it one night in her prayers: "Give hope to everyone who feels hopeless 'cause it just feels so good inside to be hopeful." :wink:

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:16 PM
Newton Faulkner - I Need Something

breathless1's photo
Sat 11/15/08 03:08 PM
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.

~Dalai Lama

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 03:35 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, bud...

been there, done that, a few times with pets. :cry:

I find comfort in knowing that animals are put on this earth for a short period of time to bring US comfort and true unconditional love.

Their love and devotion is so pure...unmatched by any perceived human-ess. That's why it is so intense, thus short-lived and bereaved deeply.

Be strong...cry...and cherish the memories. He/she sure does. flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 03:07 PM
How about let's keep it simple, folks?

RECYCLE! flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 03:07 PM

If only you were on the east coast

Chit..if only I was born a princess, is more like it!!!lol.

You were! Didn't you get the memo?

Or as my daughter would say: Check for your pea under your mattress..it's there somewhere, I swear! :tongue:

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 03:04 PM

Well it wasn't your legs....
Doubtful it was your underarms...

Thinking, thinking....

Hmmmm don't think it was southern bound...

Hardly think it was your nose or ears...

So going to "safely" guess your face!

DING...we have a winner folks! :banana:

I have a small "clique" here. *sighs*

Story of my life.... ohwell

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:54 PM

i speedo waxed:smile:

I think you belong in the Prop 8 thread, dude! (J/K!!!) laugh

Ok, Princess...take your best guess, hon...

*spins the wheel* pitchfork

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:40 PM

Of course this IS the day I picked to shave. Story of my life.
:tongue:

Great thing about that this...you will be part of the clique come tomorrow morn'...stubbles and all! drinker

and for the record, Ms. Princess has no clue where or even IF I shaved today. :tongue:

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:27 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Fri 11/14/08 02:27 PM
I shaved today...

but, I'm not telling WHERE I shaved.

Can I still have my own little clique? Pweeeeze...or should I say...TWEEEEZE? :tongue:

breathless1's photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:21 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Fri 11/14/08 02:22 PM

but what if I want to be in all the cliques???

So do I...but, I refuse to wear a cheerleader's skirt. I haven't shaved my legs today. ohwell

Shavings overrated.

Umm...clearly...for you! ohwell laugh

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 22 23