Community > Posts By > Amelinng

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:27 PM

You'll be surprised that in some seemingly patriarchal families...... the men work, provide financially, never lifts a finger in the household chores, is served hand and foot by the women of the house, and by his children too..... but behind the scene, his woman actually has him wrapped around her little finger! (ok...before you start firing at me, read back, I said 'some')

Anyway, there must be some substance to the age old saying 'behind every great man, there is a great(er) woman'!bigsmile :angel:

I'm all for men pouring the wine and women bringing the beer while the game is on.
Women just need to learn to be quiet while the game is on then everyone's happy ohwell

Oooohhhh, I'll definitely keep silent while the game is on, I know when to keep my lips zipped! Now, do you need another beer? Chips?
When the game is over.....well, that will be a different matter! pitchfork :angel:

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:09 PM
You'll be surprised that in some seemingly patriarchal families...... the men work, provide financially, never lifts a finger in the household chores, is served hand and foot by the women of the house, and by his children too..... but behind the scene, his woman actually has him wrapped around her little finger! (ok...before you start firing at me, read back, I said 'some')

Anyway, there must be some substance to the age old saying 'behind every great man, there is a great(er) woman'!bigsmile :angel:

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 03:50 PM

Cleopatra was a woman who decided to show men that a woman could outplay them at their own game. It's not that women can't, it's that we don't want what men want. I want women to do what they want, not what men want. Men want women to become like Cleopatra or at least play the game on their terms like bring them beer during the football game (this is how mingle2 men describe good women)..

and you still haven't learned yet... is there something wrong with getting your guy a beer?

There is something wrong since used it's message is for women to serve you and your terms. Would you teach your daughter that all that matters is that she serves men?

no, i would teach my daughter that if he makes you happy, then you should try to make him happy... since you see it as just a one way street, then the whole concept of keeping each happy is lost...

If he makes me happy, I would bring him the beer anytime when he is watching his football game, even pour him coffee and serve him breakfast as he pore over his papers, and remove his shoes when he flops on the sofa exhausted from whatever he had been doing.

And I would think he would be happy in turn to bring me a glass of wine as I flop on the sofa after a hard day of work, wash the dishes after our meals, and carry me to bed when I fall asleep on his lap while he is watching his football game.

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:08 AM
You have the power to decide and chart your own path..... if you have to ask and say it out loud, you have already relinquish your own 'power' or diminish it somewhat.

So, if you want to preach it that way..... go practice it, and it can be reality.

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:04 AM
We all have had our fair share of dumping and being dumped, and being admired and also having to say 'no' and said 'no' to ..... so, it is something we have to learn to cope or we will all be 'very very bruised'.

So, take it slow and steady........ get to know a person more, allow the person to get to know you more. Don't rush it!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 08:58 AM

I have just the right thing for your bruised heart!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 08:21 AM

What if patriarchal societies changed to matriarchal, would this solve most of the problems between men and women?

Ok....I don't get it! What is it that you actually want..... a patriarchal or a matriarchal system!

When it is a patriarchal system, you lament that women are not given equal rights and that women are being over sexualized, have to remain primary caregivers, do more housework, etc etc.

In a matriarchal system, do you expect the men to undertake the care giving, housework, cooking and still bring back the dough, or are the women taking over the financial aspects as well......fully?

I would think if the man is stronger and sole breadwinner....by all means, let him rule. If the man is contented to stay at home and let the woman be dominant as she earns more, then it is a compromise that they can work at. With a compromise on who brings in the bread and who dons the apron strings........ problem solved!

Personally, as I am not physically strong....and who likes to struggle with financial woes...... I would say, let the men rule (or think they rule)! Just bring back the bread and the dough, and I will be happy to tend to the children and the house.

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 07:51 AM
Happy belated birthday, Torgo! flowerforyou
Sorry for the 'belated'..... I've been a bit slow lately!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 07:15 AM

i read somewhere that the Chinese government won't let people (or maybe foreigners)see them anymore for for some reason...

Haven't heard about this..... if it is, it should be in the travel guide or advisory.
Anyway, I'm not from China and don't live in China..... but my mum was. She was among the boat people who fled China with her mum to reunite with my grandfather in Malaysia sometime in 1930s. I am a Malaysian Chinese.

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 06:48 AM
Edited by Amelinng on Tue 04/14/15 06:49 AM
When a Dutch friend came to Kuala Lumpur for a work stint from Singapore where he had been working, he was traveling with a Canadian. He asked if his friend could spend a night or two at our place. I settled them into a room, told them where the bathroom were, asked them to make themselves comfortable and be ready for dinner.

They took turns to take their shower..... the Canadian took his bath first, then my Dutch friend went in. He came out and apologized profusely...... the friend had immersed himself in the bathroom water reservoir, similar to the one in this pic and there were soap suds all over. I don't know how he got around to explaining to his friend....hehehe!

[This is not an over-sized bath! It's basically a reservoir to be used by everyone in the household, so it's not for bathing in directly!]

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:53 PM

I never cease to be amused and amazed by the things people go out of their way to remanufacture into reasons to be more angry at someone they were already angry at to begin with.

Nothing in the world sillier.

Someone needs to spend some time in the "Don't worry, work on being happy" thread.

and i'm always amused how people seem to want to voice their opinions at things that are meaningless...

i'll hate obama far any reason i want, i hope that amuses you as well...noway

Awww...but Moe...hatred hurts yourself most of all...waving flowerforyou

It's his passion to 'hate and blame' Obama! Silly, but sort of cute the things he can dig up to say 'it's Obama's fault! smitten flowers laugh

It's the same the world over.... we place the blame on our country's PM too! Even the potholes that appear miraculously every time it rains, it is our PM's fault!huh:tongue:

obama is PM there too?

rofl rofl rofl
No! But apparently our PM and he 'may be' friends!
Yeah....you could say 'it's obama's fault too'!slaphead

always obama's fault...:wink: laugh

He doesn't get ANY consequences for ALL the things, that ARE his fault or doing...
So yea... always Obama's fault :thumbsup:

i mainly do it because of GW Bush... obama's favorite saying the first 4 years "Bush did it" or "your racist"... thats why i can't stand democrats, they can't stand up and take any responsibility...

It is even worse here....... and I can't even voice it out, lest I get hauled in.

Yeah.... I know what you mean, all that blaming, I can't stand it either, so, I'm sitting down!bigsmile

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:32 PM

I never cease to be amused and amazed by the things people go out of their way to remanufacture into reasons to be more angry at someone they were already angry at to begin with.

Someone needs to spend some time in the "Don't worry, work on being happy" thread.

and i'm always amused how people seem to want to voice their opinions at things that are meaningless...

It's his passion to 'hate and blame' Obama! Silly, but sort of cute the things he can dig up to say 'it's Obama's fault! smitten flowers laugh

It's the same the world over.... we place the blame on our country's PM too! Even the potholes that appear miraculously every time it rains, it is our PM's fault!huh:tongue:

obama is PM there too?

rofl rofl rofl

always obama's fault...:wink: laugh

For once, I agree with you..... but it is 'definitely'..... obama's fault! laugh :wink:

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:31 PM

I like it fast OR slow.....tongue2
CARS? ooooh never mind

CARS...... definitely the fast ones!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:30 PM
I like the build up..... slowly at first! With the pace growing and growing.....steady pace.... then picking up speed..... wait, stop!!

I need to stop to smell the roses occasionally.....take a breather, so to speak.

OK..... seriously, it is still as I said above! No point rushing it, or it will come fast and go fast.

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:13 PM

obama is PM there too?

rofl rofl rofl

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 07:10 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Mon 04/13/15 07:11 PM
The Terracotta Army or the "Terracotta Warriors and Horses" is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. It is a form of funerary art buried with the emperor in 210–209 BCE and whose purpose was to protect the emperor in his afterlife.

The figures, dating from approximately the late third century BCE,[1] were discovered in 1974 by local farmers in Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi province. The figures vary in height according to their roles, with the tallest being the generals. The figures include warriors, chariots and horses. Estimates from 2007 were that the three pits containing the Terracotta Army held more than 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots with 520 horses and 150 cavalry horses, the majority of which remained buried in the pits nearby Qin Shi Huang's mausoleum.[2] Other terracotta non-military figures were found in other pits, including officials, acrobats, strongmen and musicians.

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 06:58 PM
Because....... God say???

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 06:56 PM

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 06:07 AM
Mmmmmmmmm....... nice piece!!!!! smitten smitten smitten

Amelinng's photo
Mon 04/13/15 05:35 AM

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25