Community > Posts By > Amelinng

Amelinng's photo
Fri 04/17/15 07:50 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Fri 04/17/15 07:50 PM

my first food shopping experience in China.. In a supermarket. Nothing was in English but I wanted to do this on my own so I told my translator not to come and just have the driver wait for me. I needed dish cleaning sponges, so I go to that area and there were a lot. But right next to them I see a blue pack at 1/2 the price.. so I buy it. It was a dark blue pack of what I thought were 4 sponges.. they felt kind of spongy. I could not see inside the pack or read any of the writing. It had flowers printed on it. I go up to the check out and the girl kind of gives me a strange look.. but so be it. I get to my apartment and my translator comes over to see how I did and to help me unload. She gets to the blue pack and her face turns red.. she said " why did you by these?".. I said " to clean the dishes.. why?.. She said "these are woman's feminine napkins"!!

I never went shopping without my translator again.

And there goes your chances with the chinese ladies ..... cos' now they think you already have a wife!!! LOL!

Amelinng's photo
Fri 04/17/15 07:41 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Fri 04/17/15 07:41 PM

having traditional tea on my mind...

i've only experienced a proper tea serving once... in our ancestral home in Xiamen, China when i was still very young.

it was a clay tea set placed on top of a round wood and ceramic tray with slits. hot water is poured over the clay set, and the water drains into the slits. tea leaves were placed into the pot, then hot water poured into it. first serving of tea was thrown out, as this was to wash away the impurities of the leaves, and to heat the clay-ware.

water is poured into the teapot again and this second brew was the one given to us, as the real flavors of the leaves were already released from the first brew. this was poured into the cups with care, and served to each guest

clay tea-ware seem to have a way of bringing out the earthier flavors... and the ceremony itself was mesmerizing to observe..

Yeah.....the art of tea drinking was something that I observed with fascination! A friend of mine had old tree trunks in his factory, and I asked what those were for. He used to serve us tea with his set similar to the pic you have up there, and now he has fashioned tea tables similar to this pic here. Some people are just so creative and innovative.

Amelinng's photo
Fri 04/17/15 07:34 PM

"Transcript of A Chinese Proverb About Money"

With money you can buy a 'house' but not a 'home'.

With money you can buy a 'clock' but not 'time'.

With money you can buy a 'bed' but not 'sleep'.

With money you can buy a 'book', but not 'knowledge'.

With money you can consult a 'doctor', but not buy 'good health'.

With money you can buy a 'position' but not 'respect'.

With money you can buy 'blood' but not 'life'.

:heart:

With money you can buy a 'clock' but not 'time'...... boy oh boy, do I need this! Time seems to fly, and it is another 24 hours. It is at times like this that I sometimes do wish a day was 36 hours or more, as I need more time...... the datelines are just too near for comfort.

Good posts, Kaustuv! flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Thu 04/16/15 11:10 PM
Ok...I'm done! The wings were delicious, thank you.
Ciao....I really have gotta run waving flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Thu 04/16/15 10:51 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Thu 04/16/15 10:52 PM

I got this...happy

Next?

Did you hear that.... he called me young lady! LOL..... that makes my day! I'm so hungry..... how about something to go with this greyhound! I've got a long drive...... (sigh)!

Got just the thing for ya darlin'.............Billy, set the lady up with some wings!!!

Here ya go sweetheart

Thanks..... if those wings are like the wings I imagine them to be, then, my drive is going to be a breeze...... hehehe!

Amelinng's photo
Thu 04/16/15 10:45 PM

I got this...happy

Next?

Did you hear that.... he called me young lady! LOL..... that makes my day! I'm so hungry..... how about something to go with this greyhound! I've got a long drive...... (sigh)!

Amelinng's photo
Thu 04/16/15 10:31 PM
(pops in......... oooooooooohhhhhh, drinks, just what I need)

waving Hi Bash!!! Hmmmmm.....that looks good!

Now.....what shall I drink?
What do you recommend cos' I got to hit the road in a while....long way to drive!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 06:39 PM

start the party without me. it's wayyyy past my bed timeasleep

Goodnight Eric.... glad you managed to have a drink earlier on!
Sweet dreams........ and don't rock the bed in your dreams thinking you are still in this party!! laugh laugh laugh

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 06:21 PM

nope no saint. coward. wouldn't want to scare them apart

Hahahaha....... or you could scare them into the 'open'!

If and I do say if you are waiting on us. Go head and get started.. rofl..

Cheers

Finally the lady has SPOKEN!!!!!!

May I be the 1st to wish the very very very best to you and R, er Pancho! We are all so happy for the 2 of you and like you say, let the party begin!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 06:12 PM

nope no saint. coward. wouldn't want to scare them apart

Hahahaha....... or you could scare them into the 'open'!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 06:07 PM

i think we'll give him a little more time

My...you've got the patience of a saint! flowerforyou

I'm jumping and ready to party....aarrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 06:01 PM

Rather the POINT isn't it; we're just all getting this via a 3rd party who is getting it from only 1 point of view! Very well for you to say; "I wouldn't be so quick to judge this woman"...when you really have no clue about her character either...just what we've all been told.
Not my monkey - Not my circus! But it's posted here as a topic/thread for discussion and that's what the ADULTS are doing...discussing the drama of this scenario {if it's believable} and when I first read this I was thinking it was some foreign daytime soap opera! Same Genre! Seriously...slaphead

Sounds like it..... a drama!

Only Charles will know if he has been fed a load of BS, as he is familiar with the 3 characters in this scenario. He has inevitably got himself into it due to his concern for his lady friend. So, regardless of what we all say, it is his call now how he wants or not to help his friend.

Since she can't get an annulment, then she will need to get the $ to get the divorce when she can. But if she wants to keep her sanity, she should just leave if the marriage is a sham, and work on the divorce later when she can afford it.

Either make it work..... or leave! No 2 ways about it!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 05:42 PM

do you think we should just open the door so we can all cheer?

We have to ask Mr R ..... he is shy!!!! LOL!!!!

But what the heck..... Eric, just open the door!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 05:40 PM
Sexting.....LOL! At first I thought it was a spelling error....something mistook their T for an S!

Anyway, it would require a person to be really really comfortable with someone they have never met to go into this stage. And being able to click from the initial and gradually have the relationship develop into intimacy of this level. Yes.... it would help, but it is still acting out on imagination and fantasies, until you can make it physically real.

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 05:30 PM

I tried sexting with my girlfriend, but all she did was correct my spelling.

You forgot about the grammar correction...... hehehe!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 05:22 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Wed 04/15/15 05:23 PM
Hi Ana, Eric...... Astrid! Hi Sitka! Hello everybody!!!

(Grabs one and joins ana, eric and astrid)

(don't the little umbrella look cute.....!)

Now.... a toast to our latest lovebirds! (If only they will come into the open)

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:36 AM
Edited by Amelinng on Wed 04/15/15 07:38 AM
I think this will do......... (starts putting up the screen dividers)... yups!

OK....since you want to keep it a mystery, Mr R and Ms S, here's to the 2 of you love birds!
Best wishes and I hope you will announce it to the whole wide world soon!! (like as if we don't know already!!bigsmile )

And may the party begin.......

OK....girls, help bring in the food!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:22 AM
Ok ok..... I don't care, I want to start the party! Someone help me put up some screens so the love birds can have some privacy, and then we can pop the champagne!!!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:17 AM
He says he wants to maintain some mystery...... dang!!! frustrated frustrated frustrated

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 05:18 AM

adding to the ambiance... love is in the air here... :heart:

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25