Community > Posts By > Amelinng

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:56 AM
Edited by Amelinng on Wed 04/15/15 02:00 AM
Love is in the air......:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm waiting to break out the champagne. The table is set.... and we wait for the gentleman to lead the lady to the romantic setting we have here. Please announce it so that we can start the bottles popping and the celebration can go into full swing!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:03 AM

Someone here just told me that I think that the world revolves around me. That means that I must rule!!!

You already rule..... for the time being anyway! laugh laugh laugh

And while it revolves around Estelle..... she rules! flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 12:30 AM

I was not talking about how you would run your households under a patriarchal system. I was talking about changing the system. This is very different. It's good that people see it like a 2 way street, but under the current system it is overwhelmingly not a 2 way street and therefore we have higher rates of domestic violence against women and so on. If you can find yourself a decent man and you're lucky that is great, if not the system is not on your side so good luck to most women.

And you think that it would make any difference?
Try pulling some statistics from those countries with women in the helm, and see if there are any difference......table the figures and compare!

Right now, we should care about our own households, if we can't even handle that, then? .......well, enough said!

And good luck to ALL men and women, regardless of which system rules!

Amelinng's photo
Wed 04/15/15 12:20 AM

Don't look for rationale, where there is none. You will only hurt yourself. ill
It's their drama/ craziness/ dysfunction.. not yours..

Aw......come on! I'm sure Charles cares very much for this lady friend of his, and needs to keep an eye on her in case something more unpleasant happens. I would like to think I have a friend like him in times of my need.... when I am being stupid!

Moreover I suspect he is in the picture somewhere #1 or #2 or #3 spock shades bigsmile

Aw.. come on!
I have no doubt Charles cares. And in my opinion... Cares too much.
* my advice was for HIS sake*

You could post to some MEN that object to his involvement
smokin

You're right, I do care. I've known her for a long time. Me personally, When I see a friend of mine go off the tracks this bad, I can't help but wonder what's wrong. How can a person be so sensible for years, Then just go bonkers over night and do something so irrational?

And that is what 'true' friends are for..... they stand by you even when you are stupid and gone off the edge....crazy bonkers!

If you care about a friend, you don't care if you get hurt when caring and sometimes, it helps to know that a friend is still there for you in case you need to reach out in desperation.

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 10:30 PM

Don't look for rationale, where there is none. You will only hurt yourself. ill
It's their drama/ craziness/ dysfunction.. not yours..

Aw......come on! I'm sure Charles cares very much for this lady friend of his, and needs to keep an eye on her in case something more unpleasant happens. I would like to think I have a friend like him in times of my need.... when I am being stupid!

Moreover I suspect he is in the picture somewhere #1 or #2 or #3 spock shades bigsmile

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:56 PM
He must have had his good qualities for her to want to marry him, whether on rebound or not. And whether it is for religious or his personal reasons, he sounds like he is 'smitten' and 'really in love with her' to stand this crap.

Whatever the reasons she had when she kicked Guy#1 out, it could recur.
Whatever the reasons she had to marrying Guy#2, it existed and is probably still there.

Whether you call it stupid or not, since Guy#2 is still hoping for the best, maybe, ask your lady friend to give it another go? Tell Guy#2 what she likes to do, how she likes to be treated, TALK! If it still doesn't work, then.... she still need to TALK and resolve the matter.

Anyway, just my opinion based on what you related :tongue: flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:16 PM
Suspicions why he is taking the crap?
1) He is after her money
2) She was after his money, but found out he doesn't have the money
3) He used potion#99, and it wore off
4) He knows Guy#1 is a brute..... and not going to let her go back to hell!
5) He loves her......!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:02 PM

Thank god for this concoction!!!
(Meooowww......cat meow of approval)

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 09:00 PM

That's funny............you don't look chinese.........rofl old joke rofl rofl

I don't??? laugh laugh laugh
Now, tell me what do I look like than??? what

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 08:53 PM

With question A) do I have the same maturity as my real age if I turn 20 years younger?

Yes. You will have the knowledge and maturity that comes with age.

Ok I will take
A... Hands down

A.... definitely, if the above comes with it.

I would have more time and more energy to do what needs to be done. Moreover, I think some people don't mind if you are a 'bit' overweight, and I can always work on that but I can never turn the clock back. flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 06:20 PM
English........ supposed to be a foreign language where I am from!

Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay (similar but not the same as Indonesia).
Chinese dialects: Cantonese, Hakka and a smattering of Hokkien, Teochew, Hainanese)

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 06:09 PM
I alternate between coffee and tea.

I try to limit myself to one cup of coffee a day!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 06:01 PM

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee now..
I know I drink way too much coffee..
and today is not even over..drinker

You know you are drinking too much coffee when your urine smells like coffee!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 05:55 PM
Edited by Amelinng on Tue 04/14/15 05:56 PM
OK....another story! I was staying with my mother-in-law then, and this same guy was staying over again due to his work stint. My MIL who doesn't speak English grumbles and complains to me..... "can you make sure he is dressed up"???

LOL..... I go into the sitting room and he is sitting on the sofa in his briefs!!! So, I told him point blank....'hey, can you put something on?'...... he looks down and points 'I already have something on'!
Apparently, he is used to running around naked in his house..... I had to ask him to at least put on his shorts or short pants and a shirt. slaphead slaphead slaphead

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 05:49 PM

When a Dutch friend came to Kuala Lumpur for a work stint from Singapore where he had been working, he was traveling with a Canadian. He asked if his friend could spend a night or two at our place. I settled them into a room, told them where the bathroom were, asked them to make themselves comfortable and be ready for dinner.

They took turns to take their shower..... the Canadian took his bath first, then my Dutch friend went in. He came out and apologized profusely...... the friend had immersed himself in the bathroom water reservoir, similar to the one in this pic and there were soap suds all over. I don't know how he got around to explaining to his friend....hehehe!

[This is not an over-sized bath! It's basically a reservoir to be used by everyone in the household, so it's not for bathing in directly!]

Thank goodness it wasnt hot water otherwise you would have been a suspect.Hahaha

It is a water reservoir....sort of like a tank in the bathroom! Not for hot water...Uche! You are supposed to scoop the water using the green plastic scoop in the pic. He was more likely to have drowned then get scalded as he could have fallen when attempting to climb in.
He must have been wondering how we could ever get comfortable in a square 'bath tub' and in ice cold water to bootlaugh laugh laugh

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 05:31 PM

This song...always a winner..lol..

The famous Teresa Teng...

http://youtu.be/-B5gAczFJps

LOL...... you brought back all that nostalgic memories! I don't read or write chinese and memorize the lyrics and times when I get the lyrics wrong or mispronounced, it can be hilarious. I can even sing the hokkien songs.

I also particularly like the 'xiao chen gu shi' song (village story) my favorite..... because I can remember all the lyrics bigsmile

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:50 PM
Sorry that things aren't going well and you have been led a merry-go-round!

Give yourself a little more time, it wasn't meant to be this time round. If you had met, and you liked her and she didn't, it would be even worse to bear. So, just count this as a little blessing. It may sound 'harsh' but this is a reality of virtual dating. And it's not only the ladies who haven't being fair, some men haven't been fair either.

Hope you get to meet the one who was meant to be ..... good luck in your search!flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:37 PM

You have the power to decide and chart your own path..... if you have to ask and say it out loud, you have already relinquish your own 'power' or diminish it somewhat.

So, if you want to preach it that way..... go practice it, and it can be reality.

While true, only a small select have followed in these steps, moreover have been met with double standards and ridicule.

Men and women will face the same problems..... the magnitude may be greater where the women are concerned, but if it is what you believe in, then by all means go for it.

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.": William Shakespeare

Somehow, when I look at this quote.....I think it applies to women more!flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:30 PM

...plus if the guy makes me mad, I will shake up his beer biggrin

(taking notes) yes yes....this will be fun! hehehe!

Amelinng's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:29 PM

You'll be surprised that in some seemingly patriarchal families...... the men work, provide financially, never lifts a finger in the household chores, is served hand and foot by the women of the house, and by his children too..... but behind the scene, his woman actually has him wrapped around her little finger! (ok...before you start firing at me, read back, I said 'some')

Anyway, there must be some substance to the age old saying 'behind every great man, there is a great(er) woman'!bigsmile :angel:

.... is an even better woman steering. just don't get caught amelinng:wink: laugh

In such circumstances, it is always the strong(er) and great(er) at work behind the scenes! And you would never notice....laugh laugh

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25