Community > Posts By > OnNewJourney

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 07:51 PM
Edited by OnNewJourney on Fri 12/12/14 07:50 PM

I think all you guys have a point,but just want to add that ,alot of times we're looking in the wrong places,and some who have found it ,never saw it coming,ever known somebody that couldn't stand to breathe the same air as another person,but some strange chit happen an they fell in love?Or perhaps some of us can relate to it! But I heard this saying,"love is like a fart,if you have to force it,its probably chit"!

This makes perfect sense to me.
Love is great, but one can live just fine without it. If it is not meant to be - then it is not meant to be. As simple as that.
Why force something that has a very small chance to come true?

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 07:41 PM

True love at what age? 20? 30? 40? 50? 60...70...?

Do you believe you can love again at your age and with your life experience?

If you do, than you might get lucky and find it.

However, most people on dating sites look for other things, not for love.

I believe you can love "again" at any age and regardless of life experience...I also believe what Lars said, "Love just happens" ...Even those who are not actively looking will find it impossible to resist when it "just happens" to them...bigsmile

"Just happens"? Perhaps you are right. I don't know...
But, if you are not looking for love how can it just happen?
I am not sure anything can just happen if the person is not ready for it and doesn't really want it.
You can't make yourself love someone or make someone else love you. I guess both have to look for love and be ready to truly accept other person as is, and than it could "just happen".
I could be wrong, of course. Everyone has different life experience. :-)

You're right, you can't make someone love you...You can't make yourself love someone...Love "just happens"....:smile:

If you asked me to choose just one sentence to make a point, it would be this one:
"I guess BOTH have to look for love and be ready to truly accept other person as is, and than it could "just happen"."

If one is looking for love, but the other isn't, it won't just happen. That's what I meant. winking waving

I knew what you meant...Do you know what I mean?:wink:

I think I do. LOL winking

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 07:21 PM

Thread Title: What do you think about it?

My Answer:

He has more hair than a Melmacian.

He does indeed Dodo! :laughing:

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 07:16 PM
On a topic...

SpicyExcel, I wouldn't really know who is most likely to establish the contact, men or women.

I am not a site administrator, so I have no statistics to rely on.

If you are right and women are less likely to be the first ones to establish initial contact, there could be a number of reasons from the tradition, being shy, insecure,afraid of rejection or being ignored, maybe playing chase-me-game ... to just a lack of interest.

I don't know...could be any of number of reasons.

However, whatever the reasons are, that shouldn't discourage anyone from trying to meet the person they are interested in.

Who dares wins. ;-)

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 07:06 PM
Edited by OnNewJourney on Fri 12/12/14 07:15 PM

in the "modern world", anything that can, might, may be an insinuation of un perfectness of another, can, might, may be taken as such.

the art of unaccusatory speak is no doubt going to become more valuable each day.

of course, that is for when one does not want to accuse.

but hey, cheers to all the love messages!

hehehe...

smiles

It's not easy to be tolerant and nonjudgmental all the time.

Sometimes we are just too tired or overwhelmed with some feelings or...react the way we do for any number of other reasons and disregard the fact that there is an actual real person on the other side of the monitor reading what we wrote.

Respectful and un-accusatory communication is an art indeed. However, it takes time and effort to master it.

I try not to offend and insult to begin with (especially when some people intentionally provoke, for example ask for B.J. etc.), but I am not always successful at it as I'd like to be. :-)

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 06:43 PM

(In response to Unknown_Romeo)

Then it's best to leave.

But I think the best relationships usually start with couples who met before they reached the age of maturity. I've heard lot's of good stories about couples who were high school sweethearts and about how they end up being happily married for life.

For one thing they can share the same memories, shape each other's goals and lives to make better choices, and they no doubt protect each other from many things in life that happen to single people when they're young and throughout life. That's the point in having a partner in life, to share everything with and not do it all alone. What's the point when you've already done it all alone?

It would be the ideal if it would work for everybody. I know such couples. Noone would feel misery of broken heart. But for most it unfortunately doesn�t work like that. Or not unfortunately - it�s always painful - but it depends what we choose to pick out of it. That pain can help us grow as persons. And also teach us to recognize good things, good people, when they happen to us. People who were most hurted can really feel love, joy and happiness, when they come, much deeper and stronger then the others. Those people can overcome the pain and hurt by giving the opposit to the world. Each wound teach us to be more compassionate, more understanding and afraid just of one thing: of hurting other people in a way we were hurted. And in that point wound starts to be a blessing.

I wish to all of us to be able to transform every sorrowful moment of our lives into joy and love :heart:

And, if Davidben allow me, i�ll quote him:

peace flowerforyou

Not everyone is that mature to deal with the past the way you described it.

I have seen many immature people whose pain was so strong that it blinded them and turned them into selfish emotional cripples. They are afraid of love because it reminds them of being hurt and have trust issues in their relationships.

It would be nice to see more of the people you described and less of those I have seen here online. And offline too.

Online or offline situations are pretty much the same. The main difference is that it's easier to pretend and play games online than in person.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 06:25 PM

..."Expect less from others and more from yourself. Your achievements will make you happier more than any person ever could."...

It seems to be great advice before meeting another person,

while being with another person,

and after leaving a relationship with another person.

Like texasgal said/alluded to: "Ya gotta love yourself, before[/during/after] someone else can[/will/did]!"

drinks

I believe I understood what you meant to say.

Life is a learning process and everything changes over time, however some principles and basic standards still remain and pass the test of time and all the changes one can go through.

Lowering them means betraying yourself. If you betray yourself, there is no love. For yourself or others.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 06:13 PM

A quick question for all:

What's the easiest way to move on from being heartbroken?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :-)

The easiest? Well I hear having your memory wiped is pretty rad....and effective.

Easy way is only a faster way and if you don't learn from an experience it's also a shortcut to repeating it till you eventually learn... so easy way is not always the most efficient way of solving anything in a long run.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 06:05 PM

get rid of ur ego before log in:smile:

If you want "us" in your future, you definitely shouldn't be thinking "me" all the time. I wish you the best of luck to turn "me" into "us".

Don't pay attention to us who are not looking to find "us" again. Every person has his/her own destiny.

I am just a guest on this forum, not looking, meaning "us" wasn't an invitation of any kind.

The best of luck to you and the others who are still searching. waving

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:57 PM

Some times God takes people out of your life because he has a different plan for you and that person is keeping you from that path, so look for life to be better, and know everything happens for. Reason

True.

However, God helps those who help themselves.

God is not a lottery ticket.

Even Gods love isn't unconditional. There is IF and THEN, even in that relationship, right? :-)

The way I see it our Creator wants us to have expectations from ourselves and not to "rely on a of divine intervention".

Help comes to those who help themselves, not to those who just pray or play lottery.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:42 PM

Hello waving , ONJ! Good to see you!flowerforyou flowerforyou

Whichever way, choose the route that best suits you at the moment. Things change, and nothing is stagnant. So, what does not work today, may work tomorrow. God bless!:thumbsup:

So good to see you again Ame! flowerforyou

So good to see you too....missed you in the forums!flowers

I missed you too!flowerforyou :thumbsup: (((HUGS)))

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:39 PM

I believe you can love "again" at any age and regardless of life experience...I also believe what Lars said, "Love just happens" ...Even those who are not actively looking will find it impossible to resist when it "just happens" to them...bigsmile

I am not sure anything can just happen if the person is not ready for it and doesn't really want it.
You can't make yourself love someone or make someone else love you. I guess both have to look for love and be ready to truly accept other person as is, and than it could "just happen".

You're right, you can't make someone love you...You can't make yourself love someone...Love "just happens"....:smile:

If you asked me to choose just one sentence to make a point, it would be this one:
"I guess BOTH have to look for love and be ready to truly accept other person as is, and than it could "just happen"."

If one is looking for love, but the other isn't, it won't just happen. That's what I meant. winking waving

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:28 PM

Have always heard that until your happy with your self, someone else cannot make you happy... smile2

And it is true. :-)

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:25 PM
Edited by OnNewJourney on Fri 12/12/14 05:27 PM

I've read this somewhere:

"Expect less from others and more from yourself. Your achievements will make you happier more than any person ever could."

Sounds good to me. How about you?

Any taught...? :-)

this reminded me that I am in control of myself and not others..I have embraced many beautiful memories in my life, but the one I admire the most was when I met him..happy flowerforyou

I understand. I met someone too and spend over 20 beautiful years of life together. I wish both of you all the best and to have many, many years of creating beautiful memories together.:heart: flowerforyou
It is vary rare. Cherish it.winking waving flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 05:01 PM

Give it all and expect nothing in return?

That's the type of friendship to be grateful for?

Sorry but it doesn't sound right. It sounds more like selfish using of others who will be there for you when you need them and don't expect anything in return. It is called using people.

Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I've seen it ...

It wouldn't feel right to me to have such a relationship with anyone -just taking without being there for those who were there for me ... no thanks!

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 04:48 PM

Hello waving , ONJ! Good to see you!flowerforyou flowerforyou

Whichever way, choose the route that best suits you at the moment. Things change, and nothing is stagnant. So, what does not work today, may work tomorrow. God bless!:thumbsup:

So good to see you again Ame! flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 04:31 PM

wht does it mean fr u?????????????:smile:

Your profile says you are looking for friendship, so I don't know what to tell you... I have friends, both male and female, but never had sex with any of them.
If you call people you had sex with friends, does it mean you are looking for what is called FWB?
Online dating world is very interesting. A lot of people are calling things names they like to call them, not what they really are.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 04:21 PM

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 04:07 PM

Sometimes another person is what makes you the happiest person alive. I have been there. Even with my own success and achievements I was not completely happy until I met and had a relationship with that person.

I know what you mean. I have been there too. Not expecting to be there again. :-)

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 03:29 PM

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25