Community > Posts By > tomato86

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 10:28 PM

One of the biggest problems with the search a cure for cancer is the fact that the charities that collect money for cancer research are some of the crookedest and send the least amount of donated money to the cause.

Check this out

http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

and count the ones with the word "cancer" in the name.

i just heard something recently about a cancer charity that had over 100,000,000 dollars donated to it and only actually gave like 3,000,000 worth of it to research and pocketed the rest.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 09:21 PM
Edited by tomato86 on Wed 05/27/15 09:24 PM
this past year 100 billion dollars was made treating cancer, thats why there is no cure. my dad also passed from cancer in 2011 at age 56. big pharma doesnt care about saving lives, they care about $$$ and thats all. they could have had a cure long ago, but like mightymoe said, theres no money in a cure. they make alot more treating it.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 08:36 PM

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:22 PM

this is not uncommon, especially after whats recently happened

I suggest to people to choose ANY year recently and see the trend of crime increasing when weather gets hotter, and on long WEEKENDS during those hot summers,,,

Oh, ok, It's the warmer weather causing the high crime. I see.laugh

in the words of the poet known as "50 cent" he said in a song, "the summertime, its the killin' season. its hot out this b1tch, thats a good enough reason"

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 04:49 PM

Jindal Says Rand Paul 'Unsuited' to be President
NBCNews.com - ‎37 minutes ago‎

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal went after Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul on Wednesday, releasing a statement saying Paul is "unsuited to be commander-in-chief" for saying foreign policy hawks in the GOP led to the rise of ISIS.

U.S. President George W. Bush has done as badly by his (Republican) party as he has done by his nation.

Bush (younger) has so badly tarnished the Republican brand, he caused a decorated U.S. military combat veteran (Senator McCain (R-AZ) to in time of War lose to a citizen that has never served in the military.

Four years later, in time of economic malaise a talented $money $man (Governor Romney R-MA) was again beaten by the Democrat.

The GOP is stumbling badly; groping for a refreshed party platform they can actually beat the Democrats with.

But there is none in conspicuous evidence.

So now, the circular firing squad has begun.

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), a "tea party" favorite, is under attack by his fellow GOP's.

What can be done?
Is there a Republican that has the intellect, the political skill, the charisma to get the GOP ducks in a row?

Or is Bush's smoldering crater so devastated, that it'll take grass-roots realignment to build a winning political platform for 2016 & beyond?

Though it is early, which Republicans do you want to see in the first debate (limited to ten candidates).

Mc Cain lost because the economy tanked and remember.... he picked Palin..

Romney lost because he couldn't shake the 'money man' moniker. The bubble economy looked a lot better in 2012 than it did in 2008 or now.

Rand Paul is not a neo con and since it is neo cons like Mc Cain that run the party he is going to be attacked.

The national republican brand will remained tarnished until it is rid of the neo cons like Mc Cain and his lap dog Lindsey Graham.

The sooner the better because this country will not survive another decade if we get another liberal jack a$$ like the one we have had for the last 7 years.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 02:56 PM

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 01:21 PM

Maryland Gun Laws and Their Impact on Baltimore

When the Maryland General Assembly passed one of the strictest gun laws in the nation in 2013, gun control advocates made sweeping statements about how the legislation would prevent gun violence, reduce the criminal element and save lives. Gun advocates, who were against the Firearm Safety Act, thought that the Maryland gun law infringed on Second Amendment rights. Of concern were aspects of the law that banned 45 different assault weapons, put a capacity limit on gun magazines and significantly increased the licensing requirements for handgun purchasers including mandatory fingerprinting.

hmmm once again, i thought strict gun control was supposed to lower gun violence?

O'Malley knew he was running for president and during his final few years in office he pushed a hardcore liberal agenda.

This gun control measure being the most obvious.

well atleast his gun control measures made the city safer...

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 01:20 PM
soul is right, both sides are going to attack Rand because they all just want to see more of the same. Rand is the only one that would actually bring good changes to this country. 90% of the repubs and demos argue and throw hissy fits in front of the camera, but behind closed doors they're the same f'ing people. i support Rand and dont pay any of the Rand trashing articles any attention, as most of these news companies are controlled by the government. they will say whatever they can to discredit Rand, but anyone with their head not is their @$$ can see whats going on here.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 12:04 AM

As Infowars noted, Bin Laden being obsessed with literature which disputes the official narrative that he had masterminded the 9/11 attacks makes little sense. If this was the case, Bin Laden would have surely considered the books to be utter nonsense.

It is of course, possible that the reading list is a complete fabrication, among with much of the Bin Laden story line to date. Indeed, that explanation would fit neatly with the ISIS claim that conspiracies are having a detrimental affect on their recruiting drive.

Jones sure jumps to some dumbass conclusions. So what if UBL had truther literature? I have books by Griffin and Farmer etc. and that doesn't make me a truther, it simply means I'm interested in 9/11 and I'll wager UBL was too!

I consider truther literature to be utter nonsense, but I'm interested in the subject so I read literature from both sides of the divide.

Jones will try to hang a coat on any old BS.

I love to listen to AJ. He rambles on about 911 and other ridiculous
conspiracy stuff. But he does believe himself. It's good serious comedy.laugh

you can say what you want about him, but alot of **** he predicted over the past few years is starting to come true. look at what he was saying back in the 90's, and everyone said he was just a crazy conspiracy theorist. like how he was saying back in the 90's that the NSA was spying on its own citizens, and people said he was crazy, turns out he was right. i will admit he gets kinda out there on some topics which probably hurts his credibility a bit. but there has been things he was right about.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 08:53 PM
it wasnt only infowars... besides, they're just reporting what ISIS said in its own magazine.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 04:17 PM
Maryland Gun Laws and Their Impact on Baltimore

When the Maryland General Assembly passed one of the strictest gun laws in the nation in 2013, gun control advocates made sweeping statements about how the legislation would prevent gun violence, reduce the criminal element and save lives. Gun advocates, who were against the Firearm Safety Act, thought that the Maryland gun law infringed on Second Amendment rights. Of concern were aspects of the law that banned 45 different assault weapons, put a capacity limit on gun magazines and significantly increased the licensing requirements for handgun purchasers including mandatory fingerprinting.

hmmm once again, i thought strict gun control was supposed to lower gun violence?

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 04:05 PM

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:32 PM
good thing obama is bringing down the debt...

Just six years ago when President Obama took office, total debt stood at $10.6 trillion, which means it now has increased by almost $8 trillion—roughly 70 percent—during his tenure as president.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:15 PM

"obama is a clown" t8

Perhaps you're referring to his Washington Correspondence Dinner performances.

Yes. Some of that is pretty entertaining. But that's so for most of the presidents that have participated.
“My next 100 days will be so successful, I will complete them in 72 days.” President Obama, at the Washington Correspondent’s dinner

By and large Obama is criticized not for being too clownish, but for being too dry, too reserved.
"and no its not the NRA's fault that people murder police." t8

a) I'm an NRA life member.
b) Our organization is responsible for advancing the political and legal agenda of private gun ownership, including concealed carry.
c) I'd be astounded if anyone could prove that no gun the NRA helped into private hands, has ever murdered a COP.
"stop and frisk does violate civil rights under the fourth amendment" t8

Probably.
But that doesn't mean it didn't also help save lives.

Post hoc ergo proper hoc; after that therefore because of that; a logical fallacy known to be false, even by the ancients. The rooster's call does not cause the sun to rise.
"probably even wish for Hoover to be back!" C7

Hoover?
Dam!
"2013 happened to be the lowest number in the past 35 years

so the increase would happen one way or another" mh

Thanks.
True.
Obama set a very low baseline.
I suspect if we take the median of the Obama years, it may be lower per capita than other recent presidents.
Not sure.
Let's look.

no obama is a clown because of his actions.
and stop and frisk is illegal under the fourth amendment, no matter if it saves lives or not, its still illegal. the rights of the majority should not be questioned to save a "few" lives. so if 1% of lives are saved because stop and frisk, all the other people should give up their fourth amendment rights to save them? i think not. and no that figure is not accurate, just a fictional representation.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 11:27 AM

"how else would he institute a National Police?" C7

a) We already have that. It's called the "FBI".

b) I haven't reviewed the most recent crime statistics. They tend to lag by a year or two, but that's still well into the Obama administration.

But does it make more sense to blame Obama, than to blame the NRA?

There are terrible floods in Texas. Some say they're floods of Biblical proportion.
Blame that on Obama too?
Obama isn't the police chief.
He's the Commander in Chief.

And there are other factors.
NYC Mayor DeBlassio didn't like NYC's long-standing "stop-&-frisk" policy; apparently objecting on civil rights grounds.

So I gather now "New York's finest" don't do "stop-&-frisk" anymore.
And some claim NYC COPs are so upset about that, they're allowing crime to skyrocket, just to make Mayor DeBlasio look bad.

obama is a clown, and no its not the NRA's fault that people murder police. and stop and frisk does violate civil rights under the fourth amendment. walking down the street is not probable cause to search someone.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 10:47 AM
B.B. King’s Daughters Claim Father was Poisoned
By his manager and assistant...

by Bill Hutchinson | New York Daily News | May 26, 2015

Two daughters of legendary bluesman B.B. King levied bombshell charges Monday against two of his closest advisers — claiming they poisoned him.

Las Vegas homicide detectives launched an investigation into the death of “The Thrill is Gone” musician after his adult children alleged in affidavits that he was “murdered.”

An emergency autopsy was performed on King’s body over the weekend to check for foul play, officials said Monday.

King died May 14 in Las Vegas at the age of 89. Daughters Karen Williams and Patty King are accusing King’s business manager, LaVerne Toney, and personal assistant, Myron Johnson, of killing him, according to documents their lawyer, Larissa Drohobyczer, provided to The Associated Press.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 08:55 AM

You are a ****ing idiot.

I think the point is that Obama is hurting what he claims to be helping.

how else would he institute a National Police?

DOJ Takes Over Cleveland Police; Sharpton Will Attend

Who knew so many cities run by Democrats could be racist? But Obama and Sharpton’s push to take over the local police is going gangbusters. Except they are on the side of the gangs.

First from a cheering New York Times:

Cleveland Reaches Settlement With Justice Department Over Police Conduct

By MITCH SMITH and MATT APUZZO | May 25, 2015

CLEVELAND — Cleveland has reached a settlement with the Justice Department over what federal authorities said was a pattern of unconstitutional policing and excessive use of force, people briefed on the case said Monday…

Isn’t it amazing what is unconstitutional and what isn’t these days? But when you call something unconstitutional that opens the door to a federal takeover of the local police. (Which some might say is unconstitutional.)

The settlement, which could be announced as early as Tuesday, comes days after a judge declared a Cleveland police officer not guilty of manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a car’s two unarmed occupants, both of them black…

Something what has never happened to white people who have lead the police on high speed chases and refused to cooperate with the police even after being surrounded.

The details of the settlement were not immediately clear, but in similar talks in recent years, the Justice Department has required cities to allow independent monitors to oversee changes in police departments. Settlements are typically backed by court orders and often call for improved training and revised policies for the use of force…

Translation: The DOJ will take over running these police departments. And arrests will now be based on racial quotas.

The Justice Department opened an inquiry into the Cleveland police force months after the 2012 shooting of the unarmed occupants in a car, and issued its report in December. Cleveland is among several cities, including Ferguson, Mo., New York and Baltimore, that have become focal points of a national debate over policing and race.

In fact, more than two dozen cities have now been taken over by the DOJ. (There doesn’t seem to be an official tally.) Including Oakland, Newark, Las Vegas, Seattle, Newark, Albuquerque, Ferguson and now Cleveland — and soon Baltimore. Who knew that so many cities run by Democrats could be racist?

But Obama’s push to take over the local police is going gangbusters. (Except they are on the side of the gangs.)

Dozens of protesters appeared in court here Monday on misdemeanor charges. Some still wore T-shirts with messages like “I Can’t Breathe,” a reference to Eric Garner, who died after being put in a police chokehold on Staten Island last year, and “Black Lives Matter.”

The NYT has blood on its hands for endlessly reporting this lie. Where are the protests? ‘The NYT lies, people die.’

For Cleveland, a settlement with the Justice Department averts a long and costly court fight and the appearance that city leaders are resisting change…

That’s exactly how this works. It’s the federal government shaking down local governments. The Reverend Sharpton would be proud.

Speaking of the devil, there is this joyous news via the NBC Cleveland affiliate, WKYC:

Rev. Al Sharpton to be in Cleveland next week

May 24, 2015

CLEVELAND — Civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton is expected to appear at a local church in Cleveland next week. According to Reverend Jawanza Colvin, he is scheduled to speak at Olivet Institutional Baptist Church.

Later this week, members of local churches plan to march to the Justice Center to call for comprehensive reform of the justice system. The march is scheduled to take place Tuesday at 11:30 a.m…

The reverend likes to be ‘in on the kill’ when the DOJ takes down another police department. And why not? He’s a major player behind these DOJ’s investigations.

he already is conrad

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 09:49 AM
i have nothing but respect for troops. they make alot of sacrifices and have a tough job. that being said.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 09:15 AM

That's not true! Every time I see a politician on TV he stresses the fact that he's working hard to protect me and my family from the bad guys. Those public officials wake up and go to bed with our security on their mind to the point of losing sleep. I love them. They are my heroes.

How you can trust a politician with so much wealth leveraged into the war machine bond market and the corporations it contains, and then claim they are "looking out for us", is ludicrous!

These self serving "heroes" you idolize are nothing more than insider traders looking out for their own interests and those of the corporations that support them, and the profits they make from them, at the expense of our children, our freedom and our security they damage rather than protect!

OK, I get it..... a jest..... my bad blushing laugh

haha i had to do a double take myself. laugh

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 09:06 AM