Community > Posts By > JimmyTheGent

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 04:59 PM

Which pass? I've seen a few great ones. Like the "hail mary" one from Doug Flutie in the 84 Miami game was awesome!!

Damn. You beat me to it, auburn.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 04:21 PM
You tall gals will eventually find yourself a tall man. But I'll NEVER be able to dunk a basketball.sad

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 04:09 PM
Yea. For the record, it was 3 sentences and one was a run-on.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 04:04 PM

There are times I'll write a very brief e-mail to gauge interest. Why should I spend a lot of time composing a literate and witty e-mail if there's a good chance I will not get a response?

My sentiments exactly.

And wasn't this site once called "JUSTSAYHI"?

Clever! :wink:

C'mon, wouldn't you prefer and opening email with a bit of sass? You know those emails stand apart and have a better chance of garnering a reply.

P.S. Nice to see you, Jimmy flowerforyou

Hi toots,

Hmmmm...Now I'm trying to remember what I said when I emailed you. I did email you, didn't I?

Maybe you did...maybe you didn't. :wink:

Guess my responses weren't all that memorable! laugh

Guess you're gonna make me look. Ok. Gimme a minute.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 04:00 PM
The curtain is falling. And you and all the puffers in the world are powerless to stop it. I just think you smokers should face that fact. All the b&m'ing ain't gonna stop the curtain from falling.

And don't touch my pretzels!

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:51 PM
Yep. Rose is riled up.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:49 PM

There are times I'll write a very brief e-mail to gauge interest. Why should I spend a lot of time composing a literate and witty e-mail if there's a good chance I will not get a response?

My sentiments exactly.

Clever! :wink:

C'mon, wouldn't you prefer and opening email with a bit of sass? You know those emails stand apart and have a better chance of garnering a reply.

P.S. Nice to see you, Jimmy flowerforyou

Hi toots,

Hmmmm...Now I'm trying to remember what I said when I emailed you. I did email you, didn't I?

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:40 PM
Point well taken, waterloo. I'll just forget the part about the brown nosing. laugh

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:37 PM
Face it. The curtain is slowly coming down on you smokestacks. You'll all find a way to cope other than abject anger. I'm not sure what abject means, but I'm gonna use it anyway.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:34 PM
I don't care what the stupid proflie looks like. I like Mountainwatergirl.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:30 PM

Barack Obama shot JFK.

On 2nd thought, it wasn't Barack.

It was D!ck Cheney. He was out doing some urban hunting and well.....

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:25 PM
Oooo boy. The addicts are REALLY up in arms today!

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:20 PM
Barack Obama shot JFK.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:12 PM
It hasn't left yet Suz. We'll know about 11 tonight whether it's staying or not. That's assuming no overtimes. And me, I'm gonna go with the underdog.

no photo
Fri 06/12/09 03:07 PM

My sentiments exactly.

no photo
Thu 06/11/09 12:14 PM
Is there anybody who thinks that abortion is a good thing? Not the right to an abortion, but an abortion itself? Good, we all agree.

Prolifers. Your goal is zero abortions, right?

Pro-choicers. You wouldn't be upset if there were zero abortions, would you?

So if abortions clinics were open and legal and nobody showed up, everyone would be happy, right?

Now suppose prolifers are successful at making all abortions illegal. Do you think there will still be abortions? Why yes, of course. Illegal ones. And trips to Canada and Mexico. So while prolifers have then succeeded at making abortion illegal, they have not succeeded at their stated goal of reducing abortions to zero. Far from it.

So what is left to do? The hard work of changing society's attitudes and practices. So that women(and girls) never get pregnant when they don't want to. So that abortion is not considered an acceptable alternative except in the rarest cases. That there will be help with your unwanted pregnancy.

All this takes time. And precious time has already been lost. Squabbling over Roe vs. Wade and various other laws at the state level. If both sides agree that zero abortions is the goal to shoot for, then why are we fighting and not getting to work?

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 07:04 PM

one is too much. i advocate regularly for the removal of them all.

literally.

*scratches her head, wondering at the downfall of language*

Oh, there's still lots of language used. The quality, however, seems to have gone downhill considerably.

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 06:49 PM

A baked potato? Hope it didn't have sour cream on it- after all, that stuff melts and will start dribbling down your chin if you aren't careful, Liz! drool

:laughing:
I don't eat sour cream unless I cant taste it....YUCK!

jimmy...vegetarian diet? Thats kinda boring!yawn

It's a bit challenging for someone's who's been a meat eater all his life. But I've gotten sick of seeing all the reports of animal abuse and cruelty in the meat/poultry industry. Some of it is beyond cruel. This is my way of protesting.

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 06:31 PM
I'm on my vegetarian deal now.

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 06:29 PM
Clever, Dan, but I think it's just a lemming thing.