Community > Posts By > polypeasant

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/17/09 10:55 AM
Welcome mike...
Have fun and check out the different posts!

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/17/09 10:53 AM

Ok a story

3 of us went together, were staying at a ladies uncle's house.
Uncle owned the largest underground utility company in the area for years (sold it 10yrs ago) & is quite a guystill at 75. Has always drank alot. some recent health challenges have caused wife #2 to try to FORCE him to quit drinking. He has reduced his drinking, she thinks he is just drinking wine, like 2-3 glasses a nite. But he does woodworking in his 80 x 40 play shed, all day. He has his own hidden bottle to sip from, thru the day, there. All this setting the stage for dinner Fri. night.

Now, other guy & I have been in meetings since 9AM, we bail on some rahrah stage stuff, to go have a good Mexican dinner. we are seated & start to order a drink. Micki (wife #2) quietly throws a hissy, tells us we can't drink, BECAUSE Bill might SMELL it & want one. He is ordering a beer, I don't drink beer. So all thru dinner, I drink water, knowing when I get to the house, we will just go up to the shed & have a few shots.

She thinks she can control him, what a dream.

Great story sage....sounds like Uncle is having the last laugh or maybe the last round!devil smokin drinks

polypeasant's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:42 PM
We want stories... :banana: :banana: .odd stuff shocked shocked ....where did you have fun when you least expected too...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
Did ya pick up any tatoos???pitchfork
Have fun in Norfolk!!

Cheers to you and all fun travelers and seekers!waving

polypeasant's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:37 PM
Aloha and welcome!!flowers

I think its confusing sometimes too. I stay away and pop in and everybody is calling everyone by their real name and I can't figure out what name matches what person.what what what

Sometimes they have a day or so of snowball fights....scared scared
Then there is that apron story that keeps resufacing...shocked shocked

I say jump in or better yet start your own fun topic!!shades pitchfork :heart:

polypeasant's photo
Wed 03/11/09 01:10 PM
Glad to hear you are having a good time on you're travels.

Hope you meet lots of interesting people.

Happy trails to you!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 03/11/09 12:05 PM
71 at 7:53 HST Going to 79 with low tonite 69 winds 7mph

Don't need DST.....can't even get up light or dark outside..too busy worshiping @ Our Lady of St. Mattress

offtopic flame1cutie if you're on just read that Jay Leno is coming to Auburn Hills at The Palace
Free 'cause he is trying to bring comic relief to Michigan because of Michigan's highest enemployment in the Nation...
Maybe he'll bring ya some warm weather too!!flowers

polypeasant's photo
Wed 03/11/09 11:55 AM

Think about this one:

The Constitution

The Ten Commandments

The Constituion
They keep talking about drafting a Constition for Iraq..Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.think what shocked

The 10 Commandments
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this: You cannot post 'Thou shall not steal', and 'Thou shall not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians...It creaest a hostile work environment.pitchfork tongue2 biggrin

(recived by e mail AUTHOR UNKNOWN! AUTHOR UNKNOWN! possibly from a Maxine cartoon....

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/10/09 05:08 PM

Winter Poem

IT'S WINTER IN NORTH DAKOTA
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At 35 degrees below

OH, HOW I LOVE NORTH DAKOTA
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

YES, THE WEATHER HERE IS WONDERFUL
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave North Dakota
I'M FROZEN TO THE GROUND!!!

(from a Dakota friend's e-mail) - AUTHOR UNKNOWN , repeat AUTHOR UNKNOWN )drinker bigsmile

AMMENDED FOR MODERATOR'S RULES

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/10/09 12:28 PM
Winter Poem

IT'S WINTER IN NORTH DAKOTA
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At 35 degrees below

OH, HOW I LOVE NORTH DAKOTA
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

YES, THE WEATHER HERE IS WONDERFUL
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave North Dakota
I'M FROZEN TO THE GROUND!!!

(from a Dakota friend)drinker bigsmile

polypeasant's photo
Mon 03/09/09 12:47 PM
Welcome Gossipmpm!!!flowers

Maybe you'll share your secrets of sexiness....

Drab old lady in Honolulutears tears

polypeasant's photo
Mon 03/09/09 12:44 PM
Thats a good one with a happy ending.
The obivious sometimes is right under our nose!

polypeasant's photo
Mon 03/09/09 12:22 PM
ONCE UPON A TIME

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me?" The GIRL SAID, "NO!" And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles snd went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and left the toliet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.
THE END

polypeasant's photo
Wed 03/04/09 04:27 PM
Saggitarus

polypeasant's photo
Wed 03/04/09 01:32 PM
Old Sage.....this quote is for you.....and for those other men ...not youdevil!!! , who always think they know everythingbigsmile

"only the madman is absolutely sure." Robert Anton Wilson, Novelist (1932-2007)

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/03/09 01:53 PM
There was an old show...tv..radio..record...
can't remember too many decades...It was called, "The Bickersons".
It was a husband and wife...they were funny and boy could they go at it.....chocalablover and invisable....are you the new Edith and Archie Bunker??biggrin what :laughing:

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/03/09 12:37 PM
It says its 78 degrees....but I don't believe them!! My bare toes say its 68.... its cold, rainy, and the sun is shining in my valley!!

Send hot coffee, please!

polypeasant's photo
Tue 03/03/09 12:27 PM

<<<<<<<<--------Helping carolanne by opening the windows and doors to air this place out, smells like the homeless broke in and took over.

^
^
^
I resemble that remark, I know I have a fresh slightly used Glade freshener in my shopping cart.....flips them there hotsy totsy the bird and wheels away with all the beverages she can hold>>>>>>>>>>

polypeasant's photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:10 AM
Sage man with a new face.....all right let me know if you need help fighting off all the babes comin at yadrool drool bigsmile
carold...
yep do what the doctor has ordered. Stay off YOUR FEET!flowers

polypeasant's photo
Thu 02/26/09 04:35 PM
Its cold and windy. Had wind gusts from 25-35 mph. Local folks are freezing. Everybody is talking about going to bed with socks on. The sun is out, but with the wind, nobody is having a good hair day.sad tears

We just aren't prepared with enough blankieslaugh laugh laugh

polypeasant's photo
Thu 02/26/09 04:23 PM
I miss thunder and lightning. We have a few good thunderclaps...very few, and none of those good old crackles of lightning all across the sky.

We did get a small tornado that scared the h*$$ out of a lt of folks at a golf course.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25