Community > Posts By > polypeasant

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:59 PM
It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
One human hair can support 3 kg (6.6 LB.)
The average penis is three times the length of his thumb.
Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.
There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
Women blink twice as often as men.
The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.
Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.
If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finiashed now.
Men are still busy checking their thumbs.

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:22 PM

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo confused!

ME TOO, carolanne...
between posting about lydia looking and winx getting encouragement about something...what what what

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:38 PM
In the coulda, woulda, wished I said department...
Two businessmen were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store. As yet, the store wasn't ready, with just a few shelves set up. One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some idiot is going to walk by, put his face to the window, and ask what we are selling." No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious old senior walked to the window, had a peek, and in a soft accent asked, "What are you sellin' here?" One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling ass-holes."
Without skipping a beat, the old timer said, "You're doing well. Only two left."

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:28 PM

Got her bases covered. Must be very friendly.

I am not that friendly,bigsmile but could use a good woman shopper, chic flick movie goer, handyman to fix my door....male chauffeur...:laughing:
Hi drago, flame,justme, invisable,chocalablover!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:49 PM
Evening....you scared me...its 10:50HST

We didn't do lunch yet!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:47 PM
Contradictions or contraindications...
Usually don't read female profiles...but wanted to see what caused the stirthink

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:13 PM

It is 12 degres outside. Why does the damn dog always wait till I'm lying on the couch in my underwear before telling me he wants to go out?

I like it when I am in the bath they start barking to go outside. fun, fun, fungrumble

Those are pretty smart dogs. I give them the Medal of Cleverness. pitchfork

drago I love it, the Medal of Cleverness....I move it be given its own symbol and be moved to the smiley box!!
I work for a lady in her 90's....but actually I work for her 15 year old dog...who I have to keep from barking...food bribery and a whole lot of petting usually get the job donesmokin biggrin

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 11:25 AM
Agree strongly with invisable. You got to leave the house. For me, its get out of the house before 10am...kind of sets the pace for the day. Do your sudoku at a coffe house where one cup and a refill will give you chances to meet people.

Check out all the bulletin boards in the area for work or group meetings. Some bookstores have free scrabble nites. Lots of shut in older people need help with chores and they need help and can't get any from the their local charities. Catholic Charities, and Meals on Wheels are 2 organizations that come to mind.

Keep the faith, you'll see better times!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 11:10 AM
Hump "to exert oneself energetically"
Oxford American Dictionary

I know I did that, but still no results....huh what tears

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:57 AM
Welcome lydia,
Have fun meeting new people. Good luck and keep on trying!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:54 AM
Thanks, here are a couple more of the same....
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGANdevil

>I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Lite for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her that the beer would make her look much better at night than the cold cream.
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGAN
>My wife asked if a certain dress made her butt look big. I told her not as much as the dress she wore yesterday.
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGANdevil

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/27/09 05:19 PM
Hi all,
Finally eating my home cooked leftovers that were supposed to be for lunch...God Bless microwaves.
Chicken tarragon with lemon taragon sauce, steamed fresh green beans, and a mushroom rice pilaf (fresh sauted mushrooms)

Keiki were getting sick left and right...no peace for the wickedpitchfork

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/27/09 04:44 PM

OK...what am I missing....is it the blank page reply?
Has horsegirl gone invisible also?

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/27/09 04:41 PM
Reading cookbooks and finding fun ones to try...and doing it a little "my way". 2 recent one from a garlic recipe book have been great. Walking through the neighborhood and imagine what I would do to change the house or lawn that I see...Ms. HGTV herself, calling or being called by a friend and being able to have a wonderful conversation uninterrupted.
Love to fish if the opportunity arose, bike without any traffic, swim in the ocean...

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/27/09 04:31 PM
How a fight starts?
>My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels. She asked, "What's on tv?" I said "DUST."
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGAN
>My wife and I were sitting at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink at a nearby table. My wife asked, "Do you know her?" "Yes," I sighed, "She's my old girlfriend, I understand she took to drinking right after we split up, many years ago, and hasn't been sober since." "My God!" says my wife, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long."
And THEN THE FIGHT BEGAN
>I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. "I'll have the strip steak medium rare, please." He said, "Arent't you worried about the mad cow?" "Nah, she can order for herself."
AND THEN THE FIGHT STARTED
>A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband,"I feel horrible: I look old, fat, and ugly, I really need you to pay me a compliment." The husband replies, "Your eyesight is damm near perfect."
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGINS
>A man and a woman were asleep like two innocent babies. At 3am there is a loud noise outside. The woman bewildered, jumped up and yelled at the man, "Holy crap. That must be my husband!" So the man jumped out of bed: Scared and naked jumped out of the window. He smashed himself on the ground, ran through a thorn bush and to his car as fast as he could go. A few minutes later he returned and went up to the the bedroom and screamed at the woman, "I AM your husband." The woman yelled back, "Yeah, then why were you running?"
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGINS
>My wife and I are watching WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE while we were in bed. I turn to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?" "No," she answered. I said then, "Is that your final answer?" She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, "Yes." So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."
AND THAT'S WHEN THE FIGHT STARTED
laugh drinker brokenheart devil smokin :angry: explode frustrated

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:46 AM
Aloha, welcome, picture is fine, keep posting!

polypeasant's photo
Mon 01/26/09 05:16 PM

Yes, I believe it was love. Even though you really try, and I did, for 20 years, it just cannot be mended.

Even after divorce and then death, I still love him. I just could not like him and the self destructive behaviors that he couln't stop.

Glad I had that unconditional love. Its great not too have to wonder "if" that person loves you.

Many, at various ages, go into relationships thinking that "oh well, I can always get out.

Wishing for love across the big pond!
Your relationship here is very much like me and my husband that past.

LOve will never die when you lose the one who helded your heart. Your loved one can die but the love will never die.
well said Taz.

I lost my love in 2005 by cancer, I will be in love with her till the day I die. Then I will see her again with all the love that has been building. What greater love can there be?

Beautifully put tazzops!
I hear you carold, I know we are wiser!

>>>>>>>and we all burst into a chorus of"love is in the air":heart: :heart:

polypeasant's photo
Mon 01/26/09 03:52 PM
Kudos to you jeaniebean and music chic.

Great attitudes!

polypeasant's photo
Mon 01/26/09 03:50 PM
Yes, I believe it was love. Even though you really try, and I did, for 20 years, it just cannot be mended.

Even after divorce and then death, I still love him. I just could not like him and the self destructive behaviors that he couln't stop.

Glad I had that unconditional love. Its great not too have to wonder "if" that person loves you.

Many, at various ages, go into relationships thinking that "oh well, I can always get out.

Wishing for love across the big pond!

polypeasant's photo
Mon 01/26/09 01:26 PM
Evening chocalablover,

You're looking brown and radiant!

Looks like we are the first evening ones one.

I am still smiling, I saw my grade school, neighbor from Minnesota who I haven't seen in decades! A visitor to Hawaii.... OH WOW, LAU LAU!

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25