Community > Posts By > polypeasant

polypeasant's photo
Thu 01/15/09 12:55 PM
name 3 things you wouldn't eat even with a death threat...
Ok, so maybe I've been watching the Travel channel too much where the host partakes in local villagers foods...eeeeuuuuuuh!ill

Jelly fish.....Chinese serve it as an appetizer...ill
It ain't Welches or Smuckers and
not even a fish...

Tripe...aka:menudo.....ill
Cow's stomach...like the cow is so tiny you can't find another part to eat?

Sweetbreads ill .....another disgusting innard...I thnk the French prepare them..why???
LOTS OF PREP TO EVEN MAKE THEM PALATIBLE. scared

polypeasant's photo
Thu 01/15/09 12:43 PM
78 and gusty winds 20-30 mph
Snow on the Big Isle Mauna Kea.
Its our winter rainy season...so we had plenty of that.
Electric power taken out on 12-26, all Oahu due to lightning striking our power plants...poor tourists, power out around 6p to mid afternoon next day in some parts.
Been cool at night, been thinking of that tv commercial for snuggliesbigsmile

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/14/09 06:48 PM
Hi Solitaryman, musichic,carold,july,

Well, the roommate is my same odd male character....he was in HIS shower-master bedroom when I went in my bathroom, guess he DIDN'T KNOW I was home. I heard his bedroom door open and didn't think anything of it. He opened the bedroom door across the hall also to get some good cool air drying cross breezes..
I stepped out of my bathroom and just glanced quickly towards his room...then the dancing towel dance began... not to worry did not see any bouncing ballsbigsmile blushing

Well onward to learning and laughs... would have made a fuuny video tapepitchfork

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/14/09 05:49 PM
Fluids...I only know Dr. Stangelove..."save those precious body fluids"bigsmile bigsmile

Don't know rocket blast offs either. Do wish something would blast me off this computer chair and off to do something productive.frown

Did see a military blast test while camping ala open air at Kaena Point, later found out it was a test from Barking Sands Beach, Kau'ai. Myself and later husband thought the world had come to an endbigsmile

Almost saw my roommate naked last nite...still chuckeling over his look of fear and his towel dance jumping..pitchfork blushingbigsmile
And thats just of the small iceberg of I just don't knowdrinker

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/14/09 05:27 PM
Glad you wrote it...you speak for a lot of us...
Also glad you find yourself at a better place!flowerforyou

polypeasant's photo
Wed 01/14/09 05:23 PM
Beautiful writing...so simple and pure!!flowers

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/13/09 01:03 PM
Hi sage, wwrange, carolanne, flame etal..

Oh wwrange...mcgirfriends sounds good... IF we could get mcboyfriends...

Sage, trying to keep up and forge ahead with better thoughts for 2009.

A friend is coming at end of January from California...that will be great even if we manage to get together once in her week stay...

Haven't had any Hawaiian visitors for ages.

Cheers!!

polypeasant's photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:47 AM
9:47 HST and a nippy 72 degrees.
Thank McD's for Egg McMuffin and coffee!

Good way to return to work....

Cheers....haven't been on since mid December....so many new names!!

polypeasant's photo
Fri 12/19/08 01:19 PM
Mini parties today for the kids....

Could use a big one here for the big kid...me!
Wine with carold would make things off to a good start!!

polypeasant's photo
Thu 12/18/08 04:57 PM
80 and at least it isn't muggyyawn yawn yawn

polypeasant's photo
Thu 12/18/08 04:54 PM
Sorry to hear about the "hate" comment.
I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS ANY RULE OR CONDITION FOR GAYS TO "HATE WOMEN".
There are lots of strong friendships and love between gays and straights.

I think people just get jaded and disappointed in others at times. As a female, I sometimes feel very disappointed in men. But, if one can stand back and look at yourself, you'll probably find you aren't being the best person you can be...JMO

Hate and anger can result into really serious physical and other pain.

Good luck!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 12/17/08 12:11 PM
Friday the kids are off at 11.....
School closes around Noon for the rest of us..
Kids don't have to come back until January 14....we are back a little sooner.

Hmumpity, hump, hump...look at Frosty go....biggrin biggrin biggrin

polypeasant's photo
Wed 12/17/08 11:58 AM
I think about the coldest it gets is around 60, but it snows from time to time on the Big Island of Hawaii where our National Weather Observatory is and the skiers take off...

I have heard of snow on Haleakala on Maui, but it is rare.

When it gets in the 60's local folks are bundled up and tourists are running around in tank tops and sundresses...

Worse thing is the buses are always kept frigid with air conditioning....I think they do it to keep the drivers alert and awake.

Thanks carold....so happy for you bonniebelle....hope you get all the snow you need to play in!

polypeasant's photo
Tue 12/16/08 04:53 PM
ACHES AND PAINS, BUT STILL GOT BRAINS...:banana:

polypeasant's photo
Tue 12/16/08 04:48 PM
FLASH FLOODS WARNINGS and high winds recently. Mud slides wrecked several homes/businesses on North Shore and Kau'i. Fema probably will have to kick in. Too wet to go out Saturday. Sunday slowed down and got muggy. Tons of rain early for the Honolulu Marathon. Tuesday a nice 79...
But, Diamond Head is green and velvety:smile:

polypeasant's photo
Mon 12/08/08 12:54 PM
around 80 degrees....

yesterday a little muggy....

Saturday perect...
Give me some of those cool nights for sleeping....course thinking around in the 50's

polypeasant's photo
Mon 12/08/08 12:51 PM

A game player is someone who talks about meeting but has no intention of following thru...Examples ..1 give me your number request but never calls......2 Meet me in the chat but never shows up ..3 Meet me at a coffee shop but never shows up...4 Listed on several chat sites as different people

THAT PLUS THEY LOVE TO WORK THE NUMBERS.... CONTACT AS MANY MEN/WOMEN AS THEY CAN WITH NO REAL THOUGHT AS TO HOW THE PERSON MIGHT FEEL....MAKES THEM FEEL IMPORTANT LIKE A NOTCH ON THEIR BELT!!

polypeasant's photo
Fri 12/05/08 01:35 PM
And if you don't talk...how do you ever get know one another? Great intimacy can never be reached without great conversation..JMO:heart:

polypeasant's photo
Fri 12/05/08 01:30 PM
Good for you, euphoric.
I ran into an old boyfriend who really treated me shabbily...anyways, his thing was to find a woman who could financially "keep" him. When he said hello I told him I didn't know who he was...no name did'nt mean anything...mentioned sailboat club which was his greater love..nope.
Anyways...sounds petty?, but I believe he was dumped by his benfactress and was trolling old grounds and I wanted no part of it..

polypeasant's photo
Fri 12/05/08 01:22 PM
Hi horsegirl and flame,
Flame did you see the one from Michigan...it was so beautiful...actually as I was looking at them, I was crying...such talent and imagination!

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25