Community > Posts By > polypeasant

polypeasant's photo
Thu 11/17/11 10:09 AM
I rent. My bedroom is tidy and my bathroom is pretty good. Having such a small place to work with as a rentor helps....

It is amazing how much can be condensed into the closet and stored under the bed!!

Now then there's my office space....like the song from Monk, "it's a jungle out there"

Cheers....

polypeasant's photo
Tue 11/15/11 01:21 PM
Just saying Aloha...

Much too young for you...
wishing you lots of fun and happiness.
Hawaii is great and I'm sure you'll find friends soon!

polypeasant's photo
Tue 11/01/11 12:03 PM
Wet and rainy in Honolulu.....too bad I had to go to work...

Hope everybody has a good day!!!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/13/11 12:54 PM
Nothing today unless you count vitamin water....
Last nites meal, Thai chicken sandwich on French bread with my leftover Edamae (soy bean) SALAD.

polypeasant's photo
Fri 04/08/11 01:39 PM
leftover meatloaf sandwich, pizza...though room temp is good too, definitely beer, turkey, cold baked beans

polypeasant's photo
Thu 04/07/11 12:35 PM
God Bless Google

Libby's Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling

1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp groud cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2/3 cup 100% pure pumkin
1 cup walnuts chopped (optional
1 8oz package cream cheese, sofened
6 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
1 tsp vanilla1/4 cup powdered sugar

PREHAEAT OVEN TO 375 GREASE 15 X 10 JELLY ROLL PAN, LINE WITH WAX PAPER. SPRINL=NKLE TOWEL WITH POWDERED SUGAR. Mix dry ingredients except sugar. Beat eggs in large bowl. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Sopread evenly into baking pan. bake 13-15 min or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosed and turn cake unto prepared towel. carefully peel off waxed paper. Cool on wire rack.Roll up cake and towel together starting with narrow end.
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Carefully unrool cake, remove towel. Spread cream cheese filling over cake and sprinkle with nuts. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

Wow that gal worked hard to please us co-workers.....Maybe Food Network's Sandra Lee's Almost Homemade has an easier version.

Plus I'm still going to try soufieher's puff pastry.....

polypeasant's photo
Thu 04/07/11 11:48 AM
breakfasr sandwich in Hawii, Potuguese sausage and egg on whole wheat toast...

Bless the Portuguese!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 01:57 PM
You must really be a cooking or baking lady, but I think I might try your idea of trying it first.

Mahalo,
Erlene

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 01:26 PM
Thanks for your replies. I think what the gal did was use a yellow cake mix and used pumkin for the flavor and color. The thing with baking is you can't mess around too much with the amounts or you get a mess. My past doings I made mango bread and banana bread...mor fruit more flavor...ended up with a goooey mess that should have been baked for hours.....

Never worked with puff pastry....

Cheers to both of you!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 01:12 PM
Thanks again....I may modify the pineapple bit. I've tried cottage cheese and I can't get the lumps down....except if its snuck into lasagna!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 11:54 AM
Ahoha, I appreciate your reply!

poly AKA:Erlene

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 11:25 AM
A co-worker from long ago used to make this. It was done jelly roll style with cream chhese filling.
It was wonderful. Another dish I'd like to make for Easter.

polypeasant's photo
Wed 04/06/11 11:22 AM
There is a layered jello dish which usually has lime jello with either whipped cream or cream cheese as top layer.

Need to make for Easter.

Hope somebody can help!!

polypeasant's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:29 PM
Thanks tazztops...this is a bit different than the usual...especially with the topping. I've been watching th food network...they are concentrating on Thanksgiving recipes. I like the traditional, but wanted desert to be a little different. I even thought of king of a pumkin parfait. Ws thinking along the lines of gingerbread, layers of something creamy and finished off with a whipped topping.

Thanks for your help!!!!

hOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT tHANKSGIVING!

polypeasant's photo
Fri 11/12/10 02:03 PM
I love pumkin crunch....but I'm looking for something a little different...like the idea of cream cheeze and or whippen cream....anything new that anyone has tried on the pumkin crunch idea??

polypeasant's photo
Fri 10/29/10 12:50 PM
tHANKS SAGE.....Its a rainy blustery Hawaii Nei....At my work we are supposed to have Aussie visitors showing off their LaCrosse....

We had a georgeous rainbow across the whole side of valley to welcome them!

cHEERS!

polypeasant's photo
Fri 10/29/10 12:34 PM
Morning at 9:35HST....
Feeling stoked because I was able to see my nephew if only briefly from Atlanta GA!!

This site has changed so much they took away my friends and any pictures that I had previously.....OMG

Hi flame, carold and old sage!!!

polypeasant's photo
Wed 05/05/10 03:17 PM
ME WANT PARTY....

I forgot all about about it.... there probably is a block party Downtown.....

Shucks wish you were here carold...party hardy!!drinker drinker drinker

polypeasant's photo
Mon 04/19/10 02:37 PM
Hello and happy mid-morning to you all...11:30am HST.

Tahnks for the hello CarolD!

Made my own Egg Mc Muffin out of Orrowwheat's sandwich thins, and Welshire's Chicken Apple Sausage....just must HAVE to be healthy doncha thinklaugh laugh

Everyone has a headache this morning at my health room. No fevers...5 in a row...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Saw the movie HOT TUB...ranchy with some good laughs.

polypeasant's photo
Fri 04/16/10 02:30 PM
SORRY...I wash my mouth with chocolate....

reminder spellcheck from time to timefrustrated

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25