Community > Posts By > Rooster35

Rooster35's photo
Sun 02/25/18 02:46 PM
No.

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 10:52 AM
Edited by Rooster35 on Fri 02/23/18 10:58 AM

what failed was the planning. One person is not gonna 'secure' a campus that size by themself, its inconceivable to expect.

and there wasnt a 'building' but at least 12.

It is not implied to commit suicide for anyone in any job. The goal is less damage not more. as a security officer, I doubt you were responsible for that large a space or encountered that type of scenario with that type of weapon. He 'prevented' all he could as one person watching over that much area and that many people. With respect, the 'HERO' scenario was probably not going to play out to save ANYONE's life.

He did what he could ONCE it began to assist in ending it by calling in the NUMBERS of manpower it ended up taking to find and stop the source.

Again, it was his DUTY to make sure he had all the resources available to do his job properly. It was his job to report security risks and covering 12 buildings on his own was a big f....g breach of security.
As a professional he should have known he didn't have the resources to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities and should have requested - insisted - that those resources be made available to him, in whatever form those resources could have been essertained and determined and if these resources weren't forthcoming then he should have gone higher up and report the situation.
He didn't have to be alone there. He should not have accepted to be alone there. He should not have accepted sole responsibility for the whole place.
He did NOT do his job. He failed in his duties in many ways.

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 10:33 AM
Edited by Rooster35 on Fri 02/23/18 10:34 AM

Again, he DID call it in. cops call for back up and WAIT for back up as part of their job as well.

His job was to secure the place. That's it. Clear cut and simple.
He called for backup as a matter of procedures but his duties extended much further than that. His duties included the security of the building which mean access control. It was implied in his position and duties. He knew that as a deputy or should have known it.
I was an armed security officer sometime when I was young. Access control is the first line of defense and it's where he should have concentrated his efforts before such a tragedy could occur. He was fully aware, or should have been, that a school could become a battleground and should have worked towards preventing a looney to just walze in there and start spraying the place.
He failed from A to Z.

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 10:10 AM

He was expressly there to provide security. It was his DUTY to do everything in his power to make sure the place was secured. It was his job to ascertain security risks and work towards comprehensive solutions to minimise those risks. It was his responsibility to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities in accordance with his training.

He failed miserably but that doesn't surprise me one bit. These bastards are tough against poor dispossessed divorced fathers who only want to see their kids and deranged homeless guys who sleep under bridges but run into their boots when real criminals show them what for!

He is alive while the children he was supposed to protect are dead.
He is a live coward while he might have been a dead hero.
Disgusting.

these are interesting points. Security cannot be every place and see everything all the time and 'comprehensive' solutions are in the eye of the beholder. I also am not sure it was his 'duty' to approach a situation without the proper resource to do so. I dont believe there is any real chance that he could have 'saved' those children that died, regardless of if he had tried to be a sole hero or not.

Everyone can find excuses, those are easy to come by. Anyone can kick the can down the road and expect someone else to do the job, happens everyday.
If he didn't have the resources to carry out his duties in timely and professional manner than it was his responsibility to request - insist - that those resources be made available to him.
Again, it was his job to assess security risks and work towards minimising those risks. He didn't do that, preffering to look good in his uniform and cash his paycheck.
It is in circumstances such as those where we see who is who in law enforcement. It is when the bullets start flying that we know who is supposed to have been there in the first place and who was supposed to declare that they're not up to the task and resign!

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 09:43 AM
Edited by Rooster35 on Fri 02/23/18 09:53 AM
He was there expressly to provide security. It was his DUTY to do everything in his power to make sure the place was secured. It was his job to ascertain security risks and work towards comprehensive solutions to minimise those risks. It was his responsibility to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities in accordance with his training.

He failed miserably but that doesn't surprise me one bit. These bastards are tough against poor dispossessed divorced fathers who only want to see their kids and deranged homeless guys who sleep under bridges but run into their boots when real criminals show them what for!

He is alive while the children he was supposed to protect are dead.
He is a live coward while he might have been a dead hero.
Disgusting.

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 04:31 AM

Maybe it's a mirror!

rofl

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 03:37 AM
I dated a swell gal who was struggling with depression because her first husband ( her X ) had left her for a man. Talk about a kick to her self esteem!

We dated for a year or thereabout.
Positives:
Not everyday was a depression day. When she could manage to be well she was a real princess, real perky, friendly, bubbly and oh-so sexy in every way.
A real lady.

Negatives:
YOU will be blamed, even if you are as far removed from the causes of the depression as the sun is to the moon.
She had horrible memory gaps and even more horrific mood swings. One minute she'd be all sweet and the next she would throw a perfect gift back in my face with the meanest attitude one could manage.
Closed in on herself, it was hard to figure out what could make her feel better, if anything.

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 02:29 AM

I am new here and I am tired of been single ,a friend introduced me to this dating site but I pray I see my own companion that will love for who I am and take good care of me no matter what

Wake up! slaphead

Rooster35's photo
Fri 02/23/18 12:47 AM
She has to have a pulse at least.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 11:46 PM

Appreciate it Mr. Rooster!

You're very welcome, buddy.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 09:01 PM
Lots of state of mind are contagious.
Hysteria can turn into mass hysteria.
Anger can spread like wildlife then you have a huge riot.
Religious uphoria can turn into a revival.

To have contagious happiness is a rare gift. God bless you.
I hope you find a good man who can make you as happy as you able to make him.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 08:46 PM
Edited by Rooster35 on Thu 02/22/18 08:47 PM
Hi! And welcome back to Mingle2.
I also just came back after a 7 or 8 month hiatus. Only difference is that success in finding someone wasn't needed or wanted and I'm not hoping it works this time either. Just here for the forum.

Anyway, I wish you good luck finding that stud.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 08:13 PM
I got just the cure for you.
This helped me in my shy days.
I did it as an experiment and to kick myself out there.

Go out to a club or wherever people dance and approach every.single.woman there asking to dance.
You'll get a lot of "No, thank you" and keep going, one after the other and keep going until a Lady says "yes".
Repeat as needed.

Fear of rejection isn't rational.
Most fears are irrational and conquered when we face them head on.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 08:03 PM
"You give great advice... youre far from being stupid..."

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 07:59 PM

If you're already with someone why do you need to find someone?

Some people need two lovers, double the pleasure laugh

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 07:11 PM
I just love nowadays tendency to put qualitative adjectives on self-qualitative words.
"True" love.
"Real" man...
Its cute. Brainless but cute.
And now we have
"Alpha" male
"Beta" ...
Nice manipulation by words.
I just hope the morons who designate themselves as such know that they're being compared to animals. Not very flattering at all.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 06:40 PM
Most of the time, we search for the pearl a 1000 miles away while the diamond is right next door.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 06:21 PM

Going the distance and meeting someone is not stupid in my opinion. If you really want to get to know the person and you know it will be worth it. It won’t be a waste of time and effort even if it does not turn out the way we hope for. It’s up to us how we look at it or don’t.

Correct. It's up to us, or in this case, up to me.
I'm 48y/o, I got no time to be stupid anymore.
If the "right lady" is willing to cross my path and treat me like a human being and not a human resource, then I may consider it.
In the mean time, I love my life the way it is.
No shortage of women willing to have short uncommitted relationship in my area.
And I'd rather die alone, not lonely mind you, than make another stupid mistake, lose everything in the divorce and have suicidal thoughts again from realising I loved her while she loved my wallet and resources.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 06:08 PM

I understand that is one nightmare but what if it went the other way? She was all you imagined and what you visualised all came true? Would you have stayed? Would you say you were truly in love or just just?

What if what if... what if penguins had teeth?
I would have stayed with her until death did us part. I loved her - for my part.
She wasn't the most beautiful but intelligent and fun! Beauty isn't everything to me. Character is what matters.
I believe love grows as two people learn to appreciate each other's qualities and learn to live with the faults, no one is perfect.

Rooster35's photo
Thu 02/22/18 05:44 PM

You surely don’t meant that? If yes I sure hope it doesn’t apply to everybody :innocent: so you won’t allow any long distance person to get close to you and fall in love? Just curious

OH I mean it just as surely as day follows night.
Applies to everybody.
The only way I'd allow anyone to get close to me and fall in love is if SHE travels to me.
I'm sure that's gonna happen... like NOT!

I DID travel to another country to meet a woman I had exchanges with for months on the Net back in 2003.
I travelled 8000 miles like an idiot.
She welcomed me at her place, had a good time ( or so I thought ) ate, drank, had sex...
Then she wakes me up in the middle of the night - first night! - and complained I was snoring!
Snoring? I would think so! I had traveled half the world, stayed up for 46 hours, went out and had sex like an animal and she didn't expect I'd be so tired that it might've been UNDERSTANDABLE that I may snore?
She asked me out that morning! So much for ALL the sweet words that came out her keyboard and mouth for months prior to that.
Her prerogative!
I was stupid.
Never again whoa