Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:46 AM

The universe isn't 3 dimensional, it's 4 dimensional. Time is co-terminus with space. A God who exists outside of space would exist outside of time. That means God could see the entirety of time and space, which would essentially be Omniscience. God's knowledge isn't a result of magic or "middle knowledge", it's the logical result of a being existing outside of time and space.

I'll quote Einstein:

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

Past, present and future only exists to us, because we are trapped in 4 dimensional space.

You should try to keep up. The universe, as you say, is actually 11 dimensional, at least.
And what's your point?

If String theory is correct, it could be 11 (or 12) dimensional. But regardless of the number of dimensions of the universe, a God who exists outside of the universe would still be omniscient.

I thought my point was obvious. Omniscience is absolutely possible from a scientific perspective.

Just adding my 2 cents.

umm...oky doky then...

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:45 AM

No, there is no torture involved with anything. The only punishment now is death. No torture, no nothing. Before Jesus walked the earth there was still no torture. Torture is unconditional punishment. Righteous judgement is just that, a righteous judgement. With unconditional punishment there is no compassion, no forgiveness. With a judgement all elements are included in which made you do the action you did.

Cowboy...God to prove a point to Satan allows JOB's entire family to be killed ...JOB was supposedly most faithful to GOD ...so is this what you and God call a rigtheous judgement and not torture ..so explain what did JOB do wrong for God to kill his entire family and cause JOB torment

Yes, life is a life long test. Not by God for our father does not test or tempt us. But he allows Satan to tempt us, in anyway he wishes. Wasn't to prove a point wasn't anything like that, this kind of stuff happens everyday to everyone. We loose people, we loose objects, we loose jobs, we loose alot. But all that is lost is multiplied and waiting for us in heaven.

Without bad things happening to us in our lives, it would be like heaven. No sickness, no pain, no anything negative is what heaven will be like. We're not in heaven. We have sickness, physical and emotional pain, tragedies and much more.

Again, all that is lost to us on this world, if we do not curse God or loose faith. We will have our reward waiting for us in heaven. EVERYONE has their reward after we pass away on this earth. We will have rewards for the works we did and or the way we lived our lives. We live our lives in a holy way and try our best to serve our lord, our reward will be great. If our works and or life we live is disobedient and or bad, our rewards will be of the same manner.

So...why again didn't God just save a step and just make Earth like Heaven? It seems like God would have to be a sadist not to.

Because then we would not have appreciated heaven as much. Take rich kids for instance. They appreciate money less then poor people. They spend it on useless things and get all sorts of things. Something breaks, they're like oh well i'll get another. There's no real appreciation for what they have. Same with if we would have been made in heaven. We wouldn't know what it's like to have any form of pain so we would take heaven for granted.

yeah, because God just couldn't have designed us to appreciate Heaven to the degree He desired...whoa

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:43 AM

God plays favorites...

My god plays not favorites.

for he is with you as he is with me.

But he does not take the steps.

What steps you take will decide if you are favored by you.

God will be with you even should you step wrong and fall.

but he (in this day) expects you to get yourself back up.

seek and ye shall find.

James 4:8
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded

as were the times then, this is true.

as are the times now. God is with you from the moment you are. He is allways nigh unto you.

Seek rather the path you would travel for god will travel it with you as he travels mine.

It is the same God then as it is now. Nothing has changed. Draw nigh to God with your heart and mind, feelings and thinkings and the father will reveal himself to your mind touching your heart and showing you things you never imagined........... eg. draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh unto you.

God is the same.

Mankind is not, for we have grown a small bit.

But your book did not.

You do not have to seek god.

God is not in the book... bible. The information on our father is there, but not the father himself. God can be found everyone. Since we have separated ourselves from our father with sin, we can't in an exact tense see him in a physical form. But you can still see him everywhere. Seeking God shows attempt to reach him, actions speak louder then words. And is why God has you seek him first before he reveals himself to you. For if God revealed himself to everyone right off the bat, people would have no other choice but to believe in him. But since we have to earn our way back into the kingdom his presence isn't given, but received through your own choice, your decisions, shows greater love if you are willing to seek him first rather then just handed to you on a silver platter.

Wow. Now you make God sound like a complete a-hole. Are you sure you're God's rep on Earth?

How is that being a complete a-hole? When someone does something terribly wrong to you, weather it's your wife cheating on you or other.. do they not have to show some form of regret for doing as such before you can truly forgive them? Or is a simple "i'm sorry, i won't do it again" good enough for you after you just caught you're wife and another man in bed together.

Well, if I created my wife, and I knew what I was doing when I created her, and then she cheated on me, it would be my fault that she cheated on me. Obviously, my creation was only doing things in accordance to how she was created. Not only would it be illogical to blame her for her actions, it would pretty much make me an a-hole. If anyone should be punished for her actions, it should be me.

If God created us, and He knew what He was doing when He did, then nothing we do is really our fault. We're just behaving in accordance to how we were created. Punishing us for that makes God an a-hole.

Yeah yeah..free will...blah blah blah. Unfortunatly, an omnicient God who creates something negates free will. Free will necessitates the ability to be unpredictable. If God knows everything, not a whole lot is going to be unpredictable.

Our actions and choices of things we do aren't premeditated into us, we're not "programmed". We have free will and make decisions on our own. We can listen or be disobedient. Does not reflect the creator. If we were programmed to be a certain way then yes it would be the creators fault. But since people willingly choose how to behave through their lives influenced by what they wish to allow influence from then no it can not be the creators fault.

ok...here we go into pointless argument number 12....
Can we just save a bunch of posts and simply say...
You just don't understand why I just don't get it.
And I don't understand why you can't apply simple logic.
Can we just leave at that?

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:29 AM

Ceasing to exist isn't a punishment

Then why are you constantly speaking in terms of punishments and comparing the Biblical God to a parent who is constantly punishing his children for not obeying him?

Your claims simply make no sense. You say:

1. The only reward for sin is death.
2. Ceasing to exist isn't a punishment.

If the only reward for sin is death, and ceasing to exist isn't a punishment, then what's all this constant gibberish about God punishing people for their sins?

You make about as much sense as the Bible, which is basically no sense at all.

Why do you constantly speak in terms of 'punishments'?

The reward for sin is death, not punishment. Remember. By your own declaration, "The only reward for sin is death"

In fact, taking this to the limit we can clearly see that Jesus could not have paid for anyone sins because Jesus didn't die spiritually. Any pain or suffering that he might have endured would be totally moot because punishment and suffering have absolutely nothing to do with any payments for sin.

The story that you try to make from this fable has no consistency or reason to it at all. These ancient fables cannot be made to make any sense at all. They are nonsense.

----------------------------------------
In fact, taking this to the limit we can clearly see that Jesus could not have paid for anyone sins because Jesus didn't die spiritually. Any pain or suffering that he might have endured would be totally moot because punishment and suffering have absolutely nothing to do with any payments for sin.
-----------------------------------------

He sacrificed his entire life for you. He sacrificed every waking second of his day for you in one way or other. In the end he sacrificed himself to go through all the pain emotionally and physically being put on that cross, for you. That is how he paid for your sins, through the sacrifices he made for you.
==========================

1. Yes very true
2. is a punishment depending on you. Do you wish to be with your loved ones for eternity? Do you wish to share in joyful memories with your loved ones for eternity? Or do you wish to just disappear after you pass away on earth. Punishment is only punishment if it is not what the one wants. Prison is used as punishment in the USA, but might not be punishment to someone that wishes to be there. I mean heck free rent, free everything, not having to work. How could that be punishment for someone that doesn't wish to have much in life?
==========================================

The story that you try to make from this fable has no consistency or reason to it at all. These ancient fables cannot be made to make any sense at all. They are nonsense.
------------------------------------------

It does make sense. Most people wish to continue on enjoying living with their loved ones and having joyful memories made with them. They do not wish to say good bye when they have to pass away on this earth, is why funerals and such are so gloomy and sad. They do not wish to depart from that person. Thus, God offers us a way to not have to depart from them. Gives us a chance to be with them and enjoy each other for ever.

An eternity of THAT sounds like hell to me. Do you really think after a 100 years, 1000 years, 1000000 years you'll really give a crap what happened to you during your "lifetime"? Or that anyone you ever knew would hold any interest for you in the slightest?

After 5 seconds if that long of seeing our father i will not give a crap what happened to me in this life. But i plan to make more memories in heaven with our father, my loved ones, and everyone else that is there.

More memories of what? And seriously. After a while, you don't think you'll be bored out of your mind with your loved ones and everyone else?

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:23 AM

The universe isn't 3 dimensional, it's 4 dimensional. Time is co-terminus with space. A God who exists outside of space would exist outside of time. That means God could see the entirety of time and space, which would essentially be Omniscience. God's knowledge isn't a result of magic or "middle knowledge", it's the logical result of a being existing outside of time and space.

I'll quote Einstein:

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

Past, present and future only exists to us, because we are trapped in 4 dimensional space.

You should try to keep up. The universe, as you say, is actually 11 dimensional, at least.
And what's your point?

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:13 AM

No, there is no torture involved with anything. The only punishment now is death. No torture, no nothing. Before Jesus walked the earth there was still no torture. Torture is unconditional punishment. Righteous judgement is just that, a righteous judgement. With unconditional punishment there is no compassion, no forgiveness. With a judgement all elements are included in which made you do the action you did.

Cowboy...God to prove a point to Satan allows JOB's entire family to be killed ...JOB was supposedly most faithful to GOD ...so is this what you and God call a rigtheous judgement and not torture ..so explain what did JOB do wrong for God to kill his entire family and cause JOB torment

Yes, life is a life long test. Not by God for our father does not test or tempt us. But he allows Satan to tempt us, in anyway he wishes. Wasn't to prove a point wasn't anything like that, this kind of stuff happens everyday to everyone. We loose people, we loose objects, we loose jobs, we loose alot. But all that is lost is multiplied and waiting for us in heaven.

Without bad things happening to us in our lives, it would be like heaven. No sickness, no pain, no anything negative is what heaven will be like. We're not in heaven. We have sickness, physical and emotional pain, tragedies and much more.

Again, all that is lost to us on this world, if we do not curse God or loose faith. We will have our reward waiting for us in heaven. EVERYONE has their reward after we pass away on this earth. We will have rewards for the works we did and or the way we lived our lives. We live our lives in a holy way and try our best to serve our lord, our reward will be great. If our works and or life we live is disobedient and or bad, our rewards will be of the same manner.

So...why again didn't God just save a step and just make Earth like Heaven? It seems like God would have to be a sadist not to.

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:03 AM

Ceasing to exist isn't a punishment

Then why are you constantly speaking in terms of punishments and comparing the Biblical God to a parent who is constantly punishing his children for not obeying him?

Your claims simply make no sense. You say:

If the only reward for sin is death, and ceasing to exist isn't a punishment, then what's all this constant gibberish about God punishing people for their sins?

You make about as much sense as the Bible, which is basically no sense at all.

Why do you constantly speak in terms of 'punishments'?

The reward for sin is death, not punishment. Remember. By your own declaration, "The only reward for sin is death"

----------------------------------------

He sacrificed his entire life for you. He sacrificed every waking second of his day for you in one way or other. In the end he sacrificed himself to go through all the pain emotionally and physically being put on that cross, for you. That is how he paid for your sins, through the sacrifices he made for you.
==========================

1. Yes very true
2. is a punishment depending on you. Do you wish to be with your loved ones for eternity? Do you wish to share in joyful memories with your loved ones for eternity? Or do you wish to just disappear after you pass away on earth. Punishment is only punishment if it is not what the one wants. Prison is used as punishment in the USA, but might not be punishment to someone that wishes to be there. I mean heck free rent, free everything, not having to work. How could that be punishment for someone that doesn't wish to have much in life?
==========================================

------------------------------------------

It does make sense. Most people wish to continue on enjoying living with their loved ones and having joyful memories made with them. They do not wish to say good bye when they have to pass away on this earth, is why funerals and such are so gloomy and sad. They do not wish to depart from that person. Thus, God offers us a way to not have to depart from them. Gives us a chance to be with them and enjoy each other for ever.

An eternity of THAT sounds like hell to me. Do you really think after a 100 years, 1000 years, 1000000 years you'll really give a crap what happened to you during your "lifetime"? Or that anyone you ever knew would hold any interest for you in the slightest?

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:55 AM

a god that "needs" faith or has faith lacks omniscience ....

Maybe God does lack omniscience to a degree. Maybe She created the universe in such a way as to contain an element of randomness.

She's the God of quantum mechanics. The God who plays dice, remember?

Jeez Abracadabra ...God is a dude not a woman ...but anyway the bible tells of God (the dude) lacking omniscience when it claimed that God "grieved"

Poor God. So filled with emotion and no one to share it with. No wonder he's trying to raise pets to keep him company.

well I heard that he talks to himself or two others of himself

being a schitzo means never having to be alone...

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:54 AM

a god that "needs" faith or has faith lacks omniscience ....

Maybe God does lack omniscience to a degree. Maybe She created the universe in such a way as to contain an element of randomness.

She's the God of quantum mechanics. The God who plays dice, remember?

But it's not totally random chaos. Just like dice aren't.

When you roll a pair of dice the precise number that comes up is random. However, at the same time you know that the number that comes up will be a whole number between or including 2 to 12. Nothing else is possible. So in a sense you know all possible outcomes, yet you don't know what the specific outcome will be.

This is how the God works that created this universe. She's given us the freedom to gamble. And even She doesn't know precisely what numbers will come up, she only knows that numbers are possible.

Only in that sense is She omniscient.

That's how She gave us FREE WILL. If we didn't have that random element then we couldn't have freedom of choice.

yeah..that makes so much more sense...whoa
And the randomness of quantum mechanics has been pretty much worked out by the lastest advances in String Theory.

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:50 AM

Yes God has faith in us. If God had no faith in us he would destroy us for there would be no purpose for us.

Wow. You make God sound like a selfish self-centered prick.

Cowboy doesn't paint God up to be all love and roses. Cowboy likes his God to be a nasty SOB. It's easier to threaten people with a God who doesn't care about them. He continually states that there's nothing in it for God.

Although, we know that's not true because the Bible tells us otherwise.

God is seeking devoted servants who will do his will without question or hesitation. According to the Bible Jesus himself lusts to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords over the few humans who will make it into his kingdom.

It's all about worshiping God and Jesus. That's the only purpose to it. The Biblical God is an extremely needy God, he needs to be worshiped and will throw temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way.

He's so desperate to be worshiped he even had his own son slaughtered on a pole. Probably to demonstrate to people just how heartless and cruel he can be. If he'll be that mean to his own son just imagine what he might do to you! devil

Get down on your knees Arcamedees and beg for mercy! If you refuse to cower down to this demon and worship it he will KILL you! Or worse yet, he'll cast you into a state of eternal suffering to appease his lust for sadism. whoa

No love lost for this God. This God hates your guts. It's a God that's so full of hate there isn't any room for love.

==================================
Cowboy doesn't paint God up to be all love and roses. Cowboy likes his God to be a nasty SOB. It's easier to threaten people with a God who doesn't care about them. He continually states that there's nothing in it for God.
===================================

No i'm not going to or will I ever paint the picture of God to be all roses. But God is all love. There is something in it for God, love. God gains nothing but you from you accepting Jesus as lord and saviour. He doesn't become more powerful or anything of such, he only wants YOU. He loves YOU and wants YOU to come home.
--------------------------------------------

====================================
God is seeking devoted servants who will do his will without question or hesitation. According to the Bible Jesus himself lusts to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords over the few humans who will make it into his kingdom.

No, Jesus doesn't lust to be the king of kings and lord of lords, he is king of kings and lord of lords.
----------------------------------------------

Get down on your knees Arcamedees and beg for mercy! If you refuse to cower down to this demon and worship it he will KILL you! Or worse yet, he'll cast you into a state of eternal suffering to appease his lust for sadism. whoa
=====================================

No, there is only possibilites after we leave this world. Either ceasing to exist or heaven. It's not out of punishment. Ok say you're on a dead end road headed for a drop off on a cliff, there's guard rails all on the side so you can drive off the road and you can't stop cause there's to much traffic. Jesus is there offering a way off that road leading to the kingdom of God. You can keep driving if you wish, but God offers for you to share in the love and joy. Ceasing to exist isn't a punishment, that's just where the road ends if you do not wish to get off the road.
-----------------------------------------------------

========================================
He's so desperate to be worshiped he even had his own son slaughtered on a pole. Probably to demonstrate to people just how heartless and cruel he can be. If he'll be that mean to his own son just imagine what he might do to you! :devil
========================================

The crucifixtion of Jesus was for you. Was to be forgiven for YOUR sins. So in all honesty, it was YOU that crucified Jesus or as you say "slaughtered on a pole".
------------------------------------------------------

=========================================
No love lost for this God. This God hates your guts. It's a God that's so full of hate there isn't any room for love.
=========================================

Yeah God hates us. That's why he offers eternal paradise full of love. That's why he's there for us when we are in need if we call upon him for his help. Yeah really sounds like he just hates our guts.

Ok. So God is a greedy, insecure, needy ex-wife of mine. Got it.
If only I had known....frustrated

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:45 AM

Cowboy wrote:

There's no proof any of these things will go through the way they are suppose to, this is all possible. So why not give our father the possibility? Why have more faith in earthly things then heavenly things?

I have more faith in God than you can't even begin to comprehend.

And like Adventure Begins, the God I have faith in is so much grander than the God you've created that I wouldn't even begin to expect you to comprehend it.

You worship a book. You push a book. You're a book salesman.

God is so far above those ancient Hebrews that you worship that until you get your mind out of their book you'll never even be able to imagine what God is truly like.

Just imagine the greatest God that you can possibly muster in your wildest imagination, and then realize that you haven't even come CLOSE. THAT is how grand the creator of this universe necessarily must be if one exists.

And She certainly doesn't need YOU to save any souls except perhaps YOUR OWN.

And of course, what you believe is true and correct while theirs is a delusional fantasy.
And you really don't see the hypocracy in that, do you...whoa slaphead

Where did I ever say that I "believe" in anything? huh

Where did I ever say that anything is "true and correct"? huh

Are you confusing faith with belief? huh

Consider what I said; "THAT is how grand the creator of this universe necessarily must be if one exists."

Did I say that I know one exists and this is "true". No.

Did I even say that I "believe" one exists? No.

All I say is that I have FAITH that if one exists it must necessarily be far grander than Cowboy's selfish egotistical demonic God.

You seem to be missing the point entirely.

I have FAITH that if there is a God, She's WONDERFUL. After all, as far as I'm concerned that's the very definition of God. Because a God who is as mean and nasty as Cowboy's God wouldn't be a God by definition anyway, it would be a demon.

Do I have FAITH that God is truly wonderful beyond our wildest imagination. Yes.

Do I know that a God exists? No. I do have reasons to suspect that we are God though. In fact, all that basically boils down to is that our true essence is spiritual and eternal, and yes, I have reasons to suspect that this may very well be the case.

Do I claim to know that this is truth? No. I confess that when it come to this subject material I am necessarily agnostic (i.e. without absolute knowledge) But I am willing to offer reasons why I feel that it is more likely than not.

Where's the hypocrisy in any of that?

So...you have faith in something you don't believe in. Got it.
Yeah, that makes just so much more sense...
slaphead

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:38 AM

Do you fear that of which you do not know? Why must you hide and run from that which you do not understand?

No one can know God. Those who have convinced themselves that they do are the ones who are running and hiding from reality.

A belief in a God or a spiritual essence to life is entirely a matter of faith. It can be nothing more than this.

Only those who truly understand this can truly have peace of mind.

True faith is just that. You can't even begin to have faith, until you understand what it is. Faith is knowing that you can't know something but you trust that it will turn out to be true in the end.

So speaking to people in a tone that implies that they do not know something that you think you know, only reveals your own lack of faith and pure desperation to know something more than you can truly know.

Evangelism is a slap in the face to any God. You've stated several times that "There's nothing in it for God". God doesn't care whether a human is 'saved' or not. It's entirely up to the humans to save themselves by 'accepting' God's offer. And if they fail to recognize it or believe in it, then too frigging bad.

God doesn't given a damn.

But YOU DO!

As an evangelist you are more concerned with spreading the "Word of God" to try to 'save' human souls. You evidently care more about human souls than God does. You don't even TRUST God to save the righteous souls without your help. In fact, in one of Funches threads you even stated that you can't be sure if Jesus will save YOU!

If you're going to place your faith in a God please do yourself and everyone else a favor and at least pick a God that you can TRUST.

================================================
A belief in a God or a spiritual essence to life is entirely a matter of faith. It can be nothing more than this.

EVERYTHING is through a form of faith.

Do you worry about paying the bills this month?... probably not, you have FAITH that you will get them paid
Do you worry about eating tomorrow?....... probably not, you have FAITH that you will get some food tomorrow.
Do you worry that your house will be burned down when you return home? .... Probably not, you have FAITH that it is safe.
ect

There's no proof any of these things will go through the way they are suppose to, this is all possible. So why not give our father the possibility? Why have more faith in earthly things then heavenly things?

Why persist in not understanding the difference between faith and reason?

What in the world does reason have to do with this?

laugh Quite right. Faith requires a lack of ability to reason.

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:36 AM

God plays favorites...

seek and ye shall find.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded

as are the times now. God is with you from the moment you are. He is allways nigh unto you.

Seek rather the path you would travel for god will travel it with you as he travels mine.

It is the same God then as it is now. Nothing has changed. Draw nigh to God with your heart and mind, feelings and thinkings and the father will reveal himself to your mind touching your heart and showing you things you never imagined........... eg. draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh unto you.

God is the same.

But your book did not.

God is not in the book... bible. The information on our father is there, but not the father himself. God can be found everyone. Since we have separated ourselves from our father with sin, we can't in an exact tense see him in a physical form. But you can still see him everywhere. Seeking God shows attempt to reach him, actions speak louder then words. And is why God has you seek him first before he reveals himself to you. For if God revealed himself to everyone right off the bat, people would have no other choice but to believe in him. But since we have to earn our way back into the kingdom his presence isn't given, but received through your own choice, your decisions, shows greater love if you are willing to seek him first rather then just handed to you on a silver platter.

Wow. Now you make God sound like a complete a-hole. Are you sure you're God's rep on Earth?

How is that being a complete a-hole? When someone does something terribly wrong to you, weather it's your wife cheating on you or other.. do they not have to show some form of regret for doing as such before you can truly forgive them? Or is a simple "i'm sorry, i won't do it again" good enough for you after you just caught you're wife and another man in bed together.

Well, if I created my wife, and I knew what I was doing when I created her, and then she cheated on me, it would be my fault that she cheated on me. Obviously, my creation was only doing things in accordance to how she was created. Not only would it be illogical to blame her for her actions, it would pretty much make me an a-hole. If anyone should be punished for her actions, it should be me.

If God created us, and He knew what He was doing when He did, then nothing we do is really our fault. We're just behaving in accordance to how we were created. Punishing us for that makes God an a-hole.

Yeah yeah..free will...blah blah blah. Unfortunatly, an omnicient God who creates something negates free will. Free will necessitates the ability to be unpredictable. If God knows everything, not a whole lot is going to be unpredictable.

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 07:09 AM

Today is:

Have a nice day. :smile:

Not in America.
Here it's 10/20/2010.
laugh

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:54 AM

Well, ethically, I'd say it'd be no different than an ant and a magnifying glass.

so ethically a person that is not born from a womb but created by cloning would in your opinion have the status of an ant?

I don't think people born from a womb have much going for them either. Near as I can tell, humans, no matter how they were made, have few if any redeeming qualities. The entire concept of human rights is ridiculous, we are just animals like any other, we are just more devious in our ways of destroying each other. The "soul" or "mind energy," that's just a made up concept devised to make one feel better about their own passing, that there is a life beyond this one.

All animals have some form of consciousness, they know they exist. So, by that rational, it is no different to put a magnifying glass over an ant, than it would be your clone or little brother, it's going to hurt or kill all of them. We just like to believe that because we are "human" we have some special right to life that other animals don't. It's a false belief, and the argument is spurious at best. No, it is no different to kill or harvest a "human animal" that it would be a pig or deer, we just like to think there is.

says the sociopath...slaphead

I'm thinking self-awareness and intelligence puts humans up a notch from animals...most of the time...

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:50 AM

if you discovered how to create a human clone with the energy from your mind in your own image and it was alive, can you then play as God and do anything to it that you want

FOR EXAMPLE:
if the clone disobeyed you by eating a piece of fruit that you told it not to eat and because of that you torture it constantly would that be considered to be good or evil or perhaps a just action.....but first take in consideration that you never taught the clone what disobedience was ....so would such an action considered to be good or evil if you torture the clone or perhaps even kill it

so what are some of the other things that would be unethical to do to a human from the womb that was born... but not unethical to do to a human clone that was created

a human clone of who? One's self?

would it make a difference?

Not really. I was just going to make a joke about sex w/ one's clone, tie it into God boffing Mary with poor Joseph thinking to himself "How am I supposed to compete w/ God's almighty penis?"

But you didn't give me the right straight line...oh well..

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:28 AM

Cowboy wrote:

I have more faith in God than you can't even begin to comprehend.

And like Adventure Begins, the God I have faith in is so much grander than the God you've created that I wouldn't even begin to expect you to comprehend it.

You worship a book. You push a book. You're a book salesman.

God is so far above those ancient Hebrews that you worship that until you get your mind out of their book you'll never even be able to imagine what God is truly like.

Just imagine the greatest God that you can possibly muster in your wildest imagination, and then realize that you haven't even come CLOSE. THAT is how grand the creator of this universe necessarily must be if one exists.

And She certainly doesn't need YOU to save any souls except perhaps YOUR OWN.

And of course, what you believe is true and correct while theirs is a delusional fantasy.
And you really don't see the hypocracy in that, do you...whoa slaphead

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:23 AM

Do you fear that of which you do not know? Why must you hide and run from that which you do not understand?

No one can know God. Those who have convinced themselves that they do are the ones who are running and hiding from reality.

Only those who truly understand this can truly have peace of mind.

True faith is just that. You can't even begin to have faith, until you understand what it is. Faith is knowing that you can't know something but you trust that it will turn out to be true in the end.

So speaking to people in a tone that implies that they do not know something that you think you know, only reveals your own lack of faith and pure desperation to know something more than you can truly know.

Evangelism is a slap in the face to any God. You've stated several times that "There's nothing in it for God". God doesn't care whether a human is 'saved' or not. It's entirely up to the humans to save themselves by 'accepting' God's offer. And if they fail to recognize it or believe in it, then too frigging bad.

God doesn't given a damn.

But YOU DO!

As an evangelist you are more concerned with spreading the "Word of God" to try to 'save' human souls. You evidently care more about human souls than God does. You don't even TRUST God to save the righteous souls without your help. In fact, in one of Funches threads you even stated that you can't be sure if Jesus will save YOU!

If you're going to place your faith in a God please do yourself and everyone else a favor and at least pick a God that you can TRUST.

EVERYTHING is through a form of faith.

Do you worry about paying the bills this month?... probably not, you have FAITH that you will get them paid
Do you worry about eating tomorrow?....... probably not, you have FAITH that you will get some food tomorrow.
Do you worry that your house will be burned down when you return home? .... Probably not, you have FAITH that it is safe.
ect

Why persist in not understanding the difference between faith and reason?

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:22 AM

I must accept Jesus as my savior to get to heaven...

Can't do that!! I am accountable for my own actions.

If I must be condemned for refusing Jesus as my savior then God can kiss my backside.

If I live the live of a bad person I will reap what I sew. The best I can do is walk in grace among my fellow man as best I can even with the failings of being a mortal and a human.

Again if I am to be condemned by God for my choice then God does indeed play favorites!

That is what your very own dogma says does it not? Accept Jesus or perish?

You don't even understand why we are to accept Jesus it does not sound like. The phrase actions speak louder then words spell it out pretty good. Ok first off, you'll agree that to work sufficiantly there needs to be laws of a kingdom, and punishment for breaking those laws. No country would work ran any other way, would be anarchy. So with that established, the kingdom of God has laid out some laws for us to abide by. Again with actions speak louder then words, when you break a law you then will be punished by this kingdom. But God offers forgiveness of our sins when we stumble and "break the law of the kingdom". And as i've repeated many times in this post, actions speak louder then words. You can say you're sorry and you won't do it again ect ect, but how is God to believe that you'll use your free will as such with just words when your previous actions have said differently? He doesn't and is why people sacrificed things for forgiveness. Eg., showing their sorry and regret through and action rather then just through words. I've said all this to show why you have to accept Jesus before you can enter into the kingdom of God. Jesus came to earth, Sacrificed his entire life for you. In the end literally sacrificed himself up for you. Thus allowing us to accept his sacrifice for our own. And with that, we are forgiven for the great sacrifice we made to our father.

So...Heaven is run like a banana republic. Good to know...

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:19 AM

God plays favorites...

seek and ye shall find.

God is the same.

But your book did not.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25