Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 09:48 AM

to the O.P. -I hear ya- been there-done that....frown

however somewhere out there - were some decent human beings who would've done a good job and appreciated your kindness...

unfortunately they never crossed your path-

Karma will come back-it always does....

Unless Karma gives her a heartattack or she steps in front of a bus, I won't be satisfied.

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 09:43 AM

I fired a woman tonight. She's in her 40's, has a 17 yr. old daughter, which she is raising on her own.

With out going into all the details, shortly after I hired her 6 months ago, her life went to hell. I risked my life AND loaned her over 2 grand to help her out. Because that's what you do when you see someone in need that you can help.

Tonight, I got proof that she was stealing from me. Selling merchandise under the counter. I don't know how much, yet. At least $800 so far. I won't know the full extent of her treachery until I do a full inventory. Which will cost me even more money.

I'm not helping people any more.
Instead, I think I'll just drink alot. It hurts less and never really disappoints.

Fnord.
(and I'm damn glad I have a backspace button. typing drunk is hard)

Agreed. I've been in that sort of position (not the hiring part, just the helping part) way too many times, with the same sort of results. Nobody appreciates anything, nobody cares.

People suck. Plain and simple. And I'm not doing anything for anybody ever again.

Ain't that the truth. Why do people gotta be that way?

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 09:40 AM

Nobody...with all due respect "helps" anyone unless they feel some greater reward in doing so.....

if by greater reward you mean a sense of compassion, then i agree. otherwise, 'nobody' is gonna be really disappointed in this life always expecting something in return, that's a sad outlook...IMHO.

Indeed.
And what's also sad is that now the next person I come across who needs help won't get it from me.

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 12:33 AM

hey.
i hate people too.
:D

They do tend to suckith mightily.

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 12:33 AM

I have a very tough time hiring people to help me. Likewise I am even more leery of friends working for me. It is tough having to do everything alone because of trust issues.!

2 really fast ways to kill a friendship:
Hire them.
Lend them money.

no photo
Sat 10/23/10 12:29 AM

I fired a woman tonight. She's in her 40's, has a 17 yr. old daughter, which she is raising on her own.

With out going into all the details, shortly after I hired her 6 months ago, her life went to hell. I risked my life AND loaned her over 2 grand to help her out. Because that's what you do when you see someone in need that you can help.

Tonight, I got proof that she was stealing from me. Selling merchandise under the counter. I don't know how much, yet. At least $800 so far. I won't know the full extent of her treachery until I do a full inventory. Which will cost me even more money.

Instead, I think I'll just drink alot. It hurts less and never really disappoints.

Fnord.

While I'm totally empathetic to your personal and financial losses.....I think you need to step back and ask yourself.....

What did I hope to gain by helping her?
Was this friendship driven...or was it merely "fiendship"?
Nobody...with all due respect "helps" anyone unless they feel some greater reward in doing so.....
What was yours?

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. This will pass. I have been "burned" for much more. Because....in the end, it's not where you start...it's where you end. and nobody gets out of this place ALIVE.
W

She was not a friend. She was an employee. I barely knew her. I helped her because she needed help. That's what I used to do--help people when the opportunity presented itself.
Never again.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 10:40 PM

Fnord.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 10:20 PM

You vastly underestimate me. Point of fact, I wish most PEOPLE to die, not just right wingers. But hey, we can start there, if you like.
laugh

That's sad. I have faith in humanity, that no matter what happens, as a whole, we strive for more fairness and equality. It must be terrible to have so little faith and love for your own species. And the arrogance to believe that the world would be better if most people died (except for yourself, of course).

And yeah, if he had killed himself, he would've been a helluva martre for the GOP cause.

And since he didn't, he remains a father, husband and, I'm sure, a friend. I'm glad he didn't take his own life and I can't think of more than one person who has ever suggested that him dying would be a good thing.

No. What's sad is the wonderful and brilliant potential that is humanity being squandered on stupid superstitious bs. We've killed ourselves off in the name of some non-existant deity. Bravo humanity.
And you really must be new to this...I have no "faith" in anything.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:38 PM

Call Center for electricity.

I love being cussed at when the customers don't pay their electric bill and are 4 months late. I could only wish I was the one who got to flip the switch... mad rant

lol...that's what my g/f does.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 10:00 AM

rofl

Look at how silly this fable truly is!

John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

No one can get to the Father but by Jesus, but no one can get to Jesus buy by the Father. whoa

So clearly humans have no choice in the matter. You can't get to Jesus by choice like the Christians have claimed. Their very own fable rejects this notion. The only thing you can do is wait to be drawn in by the Father.

Jesus taught this in other verses as well when he spoke about lost sheep. He said that he would go out looking for his lost sheep, he never suggested that he expects them to come looking for him.

Of course, we can't truly say that Jesus taught any of this because we have nothing from Jesus. All we have to go by is these convoluted rumors written by other men. Men who often disagree with each other, and even contradict their very own claims.

The mere fact that Jesus did not agree with the teachings of the Torah is really all the evidence that we truly need to conclude that Jesus could not possibly have been the son of the God of Abraham.

So we can reject those rumors right off the bat. If we can connect the teachings of Jesus with anything, the closest philosophy that was popular in those day would have been Mahayana Buddhism.

Just compare the moral teachings that were attributed to Jesus in the gospels with the moral teachings of Mahayana Buddhism including their concept of a Bodhisattva and it's clear that Jesus was far more likely a Buddhist than he was the demigod of the God of Abraham.

It's really that simple.

==========================================================
John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
===========================================================

This example isn't an exact example, but it's roughly the same thing. Same I work at Wall Mart. You're looking for a job, thus i suggest wall mart... *the father drawing you in.* So you apply to the job with the manager of wall mart *Jesus Christ*. The owner hires you for the job. If you do your job well you get promoted *heaven*.

This is how it works. The father will draw EVERYONE that seeks him first. I tell you of God, that little feeling/thought "well maybe he's right". That is the father speaking to you trying to draw you to him. Right then and there you have the choice to follow the path which leads to our father. So you get on the path... now where do you go? It's ok, you won't get lost Jesus is there to direct you to the way to our father.

So...following God and Jesus is like working for Evil Inc...I mean Walmart.
Good to know.

And...
I've sought God. Never found Him. Jesus, on the other hand, was hiding behind the couch the whole time. Crazy long haired hippie...he should stop walkin' on water and start showing with it....I'm just saying...nobody wants to smell your humanity..divinity...whatever...

In any case, I'm not thinking "well maybe he's right". sorry dude...

Have you really sought God? Have you really truly sought our father? Having no doubt, having no fears, having no second thoughts? Have you really true heartedly sought our father? You don't have to answer these if you do not wish, just asked mainly for you personally to think about.

Yes. Yes. No and No and No. Yes.
Ok..thx...and wtf?
If I had no doubt, fear, or second thoughts, I wouldn't have had to "sought God", as you say. Or I wouldn't have bothered. One of those.

To save time, 'cause I know you're gonna ask...
I did the whole walk out into the night, stare up into the heavens and pray to God to give me some kind of way to believe in Him thing. Not to mention, going to all kinds of churches, talking to all kinds of people of all kinds of religious faiths. Read the bible, the tora, and various other religious texts from ancient cultures to the modern versions of christianity.
So yeah, I'm pretty sure you can safely say I sought God. I have as yet to see any reason to believe there is any such thing as God, gods or goddesses.
And pretty much most people who have a "deep and abiding faith" in anything, are lying 2 faced scumbags who have no problem hurting anyone who won't see things their way. And animals. Since animals have no soul and anyone who doesn't agree with their way of thinking are in league w/ the devil anyway, it's just fine to hurt them as much as you want. God is cool like that. So most of "them" think.

There are, of course, people of deep and abiding faiths who aren't cruel to animals and mean to anyone different than themselves. But I've found that a vast majority are.

In any case, I've sought God and have found Him not. Sorry dude.

But did you seek him with an open mind? Or did you have prejudice thoughts in your journey?

umm...oi...yes...with tears in my eyes.

========================================
In any case, I've sought God and have found Him not. Sorry dude.
========================================

In any case, since you did not find God he doesn't exist? So when kids go on an Easter egg hunt, and if one doesn't find any eggs then the eggs didn't exist in the first place?

No....he doesn't exist because it makes no sense that he would, not just because I didn't find him.
In any case that's not the point. You said anyone who sought Him would find Him. I've just shown that to be untrue.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:50 AM

You know most GOP'ers wanted him to kill himself...

What a truly horrible thing to say. This is why so many leftists compare right wingers to Hitler (even though Hitler was a leftist), because you don't see us as political opponents, but as enemies. Purely evil and without good intent. In your mind, we (or many of us) wish for people to die or to be killed. It's a blindness, which I hope you learn to overcome.

And before you mention the tea partiers who have compared Obama to Hitler, you should know that most, if not all, have been LaRouche supporters. Lyndon LaRouche is so far to the left wing, that I doubt there are many who are further left.

whooops. read that wrong.
Ok, so yes, most people are evil and w/o good intent.
And many of YOU wish people to be converted OR die. That would be indeed my opinion, based on experience.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:45 AM

What a truly horrible thing to say. This is why so many leftists compare right wingers to Hitler (even though Hitler was a leftist), because you don't see us as political opponents, but as enemies. Purely evil and without good intent. In your mind, we (or many of us) wish for people to die or to be killed. It's a blindness, which I hope you learn to overcome.

And before you mention the tea partiers who have compared Obama to Hitler, you should know that most, if not all, have been LaRouche supporters. Lyndon LaRouche is so far to the left wing, that I doubt there are many who are further left.

You vastly underestimate me. Point of fact, I wish most PEOPLE to die, not just right wingers. But hey, we can start there, if you like.
laugh

And yeah, if he had killed himself, he would've been a helluva martre for the GOP cause.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:42 AM

Neal Bortz has a good way to prove that no one chooses to be a homosexual. If it's a choice, simply ask a straight person at what point in their life did they deceide to be straight. If one can't deceide to be straight, one can't deceide to be gay, either.

And seriously, does anyone really think some teenage boy wakes up one day and says to himself, "Penis! I think I'll try some penis. That's what I should do today. Try some penis."?

If the norm is Hetero, then only homosexuals would need to make a choice to change from the norm. So Neal Bortz hasn't thought too deeply on the subject.

Actually, I'm thinking you have not thought too hard on this.
Your premise is false. The only reason hetero is the "norm" is because it occurs more frequently. Like brown hair over red hair.

I'm very surprised that atheists, who claim to be the smartest of humanity, would make such obvious mistakes.

I never said hetero was the norm, I pointed out that Neal Bortz had ignored that possibility. Are you denying that it is a possibility? We don't know the genetics of sexuality, yet you pretend that you do. You might have an opinion, but we don't *know* how or if genetics effect sexuality. I'm not going to take the time to reply to all of your posts, because they all have the same characteristic flaws of the dogmatic atheist.

1) You start with the assumption that your religious opponent is wrong and then try to address his or her points.
2) You make assumptions about subjects, of which you have no knowledge, and you act as if your assumptions are facts.
3) You accuse your opponent of the crime of which you are guilty. For instance, you claim that I "make assumptions not based on facts". I haven't MADE any assumptions. I pointed out that there are possibilities which Neal Bortz ignored. That's not making an assumption, it's pointing out the obvious flaw in his thinking.
4) Perhaps worst of all, you read more into the post than was typed. I can communicate for myself, even when I don't do it well. If I don't explicitly say something, then you have no right to assume that I think or believe that way.

Wow. That is soooo funny. I was just thinking the exact same things about you.
Interesting.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:34 AM

It seems that most of the people who have posted comments on this thread agree in concept, we are just splitting thin hairs.
I would still classify Religion as imaginary (existing only in the imagination, in our minds, made up)...but the trappings are real: Pope, bible (just another book), church buildings, etc....

How can a person who has a "personal relationship with Jesus" not be imagining this ???

The following is a well written list of 50 reasons why god is imaginary.

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm

People are waking up !!!!
Evangelicals constitute not 25 percent of the U.S. population – as they have claimed – but at most 7 percent, and their numbers are falling, not rising. All these numbers come from the churches themselves. (Wicker, p. 67)
From 1980 to 2005 in the Southern Baptist Church, baptisms of people between eighteen and thirty four – in other words, their next generation of leaders – fell 40 percent, from 100,000 in 1980 to 60,000 in 2005.[3]
But the U.S. population grew by 27% during those 25 years, so the Baptists would have had to baptize 127,000 in 2005 just to stay even; they really fell by 52%.[4] In 2006, the Southern Baptists – who claim almost six times more members than any other white evangelical church – made a concerted effort to baptize one million people. Not only did they fall over two-thirds short, they actually baptized even fewer than they had the year before.[5]
You might think that some faith group must have grown during the last thirty years, and you’d be right: atheists and nonbelievers more than doubled in the eleven years between 1990 and 2001, from 14 million to 29 million: from 8% of the country to 14%. There are more than twice as many atheists and nonbelievers as there are evangelical Christians.[6] And since it’s hard to believe that all atheists/nonbelievers would be willing to confess that to pollsters, the number is probably much higher. From 2000 to 2005, church attendance fell in all fifty states.[7]

Some people are waking up. I suspect that a whole bunch o' people are just too lazy and selfish to maintain the trappings of a religion, though. How many kids do you still see going out and playing in the dirt? How many adults go for a walk even once in while? Let's face it. Getting up early and going to church is not nearly as fun as sleeping late and firing up the PS3.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:18 AM

NOONE is born homosexual or heterosexual as we get older we decide what our preference is

If that was true you would probably have a 50%/50% change being born gay or straight much like you have a 50%/50% chance being born male or female.We would also have to assume the animals are in the same scenario.Yet considering a very small minority in this country is gay I find this logic extremely flawed.There has never been any proof anyone was born gay.
when an infant comes out of his mothers womb,does it right then and there decide it's gay or not?does it right then and there decide it's racist?does it decide right then and there it's atheist or religious?how can anyone claim an infant makes any choice at birth?

Everyone is born straight.Nobody is born gay.

Proof, there it is....proof, there it is.

noone has proven whether people are born this way or not, I personally dont think they are but thats besides the point,,

whatever DESIRES or WANTS someone decides to act upon, once they decide to ACT upon some desire or want, they have made a choice

noone knows my desires or wants until I share them with them in some way, either through talking or acting in a certain manner,, speech and action are also choices

I do understand that we shouldnt treat people unfairly, but I contend that just as 'natural' as it is for someone to choose to have sex with a man or a woman or with noone at at all or with themself,,,,it is 'natural' for some things to be unattractive to us (from physical features to behaviors to speech patterns)

and by US , I am including myself,,lol

and when something is unattractive to us or unappealing to us it is also natural (in closed circles) to talk about it,,,but none of that would justify then going out and MISTREATING anyone for their choice in behavior or speech,,,

Neal Bortz has a good way to prove that no one chooses to be a homosexual. If it's a choice, simply ask a straight person at what point in their life did they deceide to be straight. If one can't deceide to be straight, one can't deceide to be gay, either.

And seriously, does anyone really think some teenage boy wakes up one day and says to himself, "Penis! I think I'll try some penis. That's what I should do today. Try some penis."?

laugh laugh I just had to laugh out loud - that's funny.

a more relevant question was when was the first time you decided to have homosexual/heterosexual SEX,,which is different than when you first had a 'feeling'

whats funny is that is EXACTLY what millions of young teenage girls do EVERY DAY,,, they decide they would like to TRY it,,,for whatever reasons,,, and the more SOCIETY expresses to these girls that its the natural and normal thing to do,,the more curious they become about trying it,,,

Strangly, I don't really have a problem w/ people trying "it", whatever "it" is to them. Frankly, I think this world would be alot calmer if more people were getting "it" more often.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:14 AM

NOONE is born homosexual or heterosexual as we get older we decide what our preference is

If that was true you would probably have a 50%/50% change being born gay or straight much like you have a 50%/50% chance being born male or female.We would also have to assume the animals are in the same scenario.Yet considering a very small minority in this country is gay I find this logic extremely flawed.There has never been any proof anyone was born gay.
when an infant comes out of his mothers womb,does it right then and there decide it's gay or not?does it right then and there decide it's racist?does it decide right then and there it's atheist or religious?how can anyone claim an infant makes any choice at birth?

Everyone is born straight.Nobody is born gay.

Proof, there it is....proof, there it is.

noone has proven whether people are born this way or not, I personally dont think they are but thats besides the point,,

whatever DESIRES or WANTS someone decides to act upon, once they decide to ACT upon some desire or want, they have made a choice

noone knows my desires or wants until I share them with them in some way, either through talking or acting in a certain manner,, speech and action are also choices

I do understand that we shouldnt treat people unfairly, but I contend that just as 'natural' as it is for someone to choose to have sex with a man or a woman or with noone at at all or with themself,,,,it is 'natural' for some things to be unattractive to us (from physical features to behaviors to speech patterns)

and by US , I am including myself,,lol

and when something is unattractive to us or unappealing to us it is also natural (in closed circles) to talk about it,,,but none of that would justify then going out and MISTREATING anyone for their choice in behavior or speech,,,

laugh laugh I just had to laugh out loud - that's funny.

Why thank you.:smile:

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:12 AM

Aside from the cryptic spin to justify hate and ignorance I recalled a situation that happened that I now view differently. Of course as a hobby I expose GOP hypocrisy but lately with all the bullying I myself have a different view of the situation below.

I often ripped on GOP Senator Larry Craig for his hypocrisy. Remember him? Here's his police photo from being caught engaging in a homosexual act at a Minneapolis Airport.

This pic was circulating around after it happened.

Well, I now feel bad for him. He grew up in a religious and insisting society in regards to "normal" sexuality. All those years he had to hide his sexual ID from friends and family...constituents etc...he was relegated to bathroom stalls because of this status as a Republican and a Christian. Even if he's been "cured" he's still gay or bisexual.

So now I apologize to him for the things I wrote..no, not to the GOP but him personally. I feel bad that he was not able to be who he is and still achieve his status as a Senator in the Republican Party.

I am thankful he did not kill himself and I hope him happiness.

I am sure some people here would have hoped he'd have killed himself.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 09:10 AM

Nature is like a big salad, you never know what could be in it...

(now I have said it in a way even a child could understand it.)

You still have said nothing.

Let me explain it to you, since you and I aren't on the same page.

1) We don't know the cause of homosexuality.
2) We don't know if humans have a normal sexuality.

Neal Bortz assumed the answer of #1, based on an assumption he made about #2. My point was that a wrong assumption on #2 would lead to a faulty conclusion on #1. By stating that heterosexual must choose their sexual identity in order for homosexuals to choose theirs, Neal Bortz is assuming that humans don't have a normal sexuality, which may or may not be true.

You seem to add meaning to my previous post, which wasn't put there by me. I was commented on Neal Bortz's thinking process, not taking a stance on the subject. It's a really really good idea to try to address someone's actual post, not comment on what you believe their motivation is in making the post.

Actually, we're pretty sure of the cause homosexuality. A combination of genetics and how much and what kind of stress the mother went through during pregnancy.

And normal sexuality is a broad broad thing. Google porn.

Seriously, your abilities at logical thinking leaves much to be desired. You make assumptions not based on facts. Seriously, Google porn. I got your "normal" sexuality right there.

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 08:58 AM

I see the RW religious nutbaggery admit over and over again their ignorances...then deny the damage they do for being so ignorant.

It's all part of that bizarro world some religious people live in...their "norm".

What ignorance? Instead of insulting me like a child, why don't you address what I said. If the normal gender identity for humans is straight, nobody would have to make a decision to be straight, right? How is that logic flawed? What have I said that is ignorant?

Nature is like a big salad, you never know what could be in it...

(now I have said it in a way even a child could understand it.)

I thought it was a box of chocolates...

no photo
Fri 10/22/10 08:58 AM

I see the RW religious nutbaggery admit over and over again their ignorances...then deny the damage they do for being so ignorant.

It's all part of that bizarro world some religious people live in...their "norm".

What ignorance? Instead of insulting me like a child, why don't you address what I said. If the normal gender identity for humans is straight, nobody would have to make a decision to be straight, right? How is that logic flawed? What have I said that is ignorant?

It's flawed because the underlying premise is flawed. You're confusing the meaning of "normal" with the meaning of "only".
This shows your ignorance of human sexuality.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25